Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I've never met a sane red hood fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Saint Freak posted:

Winning votes is just kinda Jason Todd's thing.

I appreciate this post.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Norns posted:

Did you spam votes for Red Hood?

Nah. I did vote on the polls Boon did with him though.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/805898241753620480?lang=es

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/763770917294055424?lang=es

fadam posted:

Are servers seriously down again lol

Maintenance

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/865247700735975425

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

I appreciate this post.

It took me a minute but I'm laughing now.

I hope the joker and him have good prebattle banter

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Seymour Butts posted:

Ok, I've beat Cheetah solo 3 times now. Anyone gonna help me out :cool:

edit: 4 times

I'm at work but I should be ready to start beating her up soon

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
And the servers are down

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hello friends, should I get this game?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Meridian posted:

Hello friends, should I get this game?

Yes it is quite good.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm at work but I should be ready to start beating her up soon

Bro, carry me.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I just wanna do Sub Zero things in the DC universe

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Fyi I beat the Cheetah challenge 4 times in a row, but it didn't count towards the guild total because I hit retry. Still got 4 diamond boxes, though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Grem posted:

Bro, carry me.

Yeah! Having some people around to do helper attacks would be super useful for preventing her jumping in on me while I shoot arrows.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

PS4 Goon Squad full?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah! Having some people around to do helper attacks would be super useful for preventing her jumping in on me while I shoot arrows.

I honestly don't know how assists like that work but I'll be on tonight and will help if I can.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

FunkMonkey posted:

I honestly don't know how assists like that work but I'll be on tonight and will help if I can.

From what I gather you'll basically be sitting there with a couple of buttons you can press to have your character do a thing, and you'll have cooldowns? We'll find out, I guess!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Carebearz posted:

I just wanna do Sub Zero things in the DC universe

happy you're posting here, Mr Boon

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?
I assume there are different endings to the campaign based on whether you pick Batman or Superman? Is it worth going through again?

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
It just dawned on me I left the second ps4 guild on open invite. So im not sure who is one of us and who isn't. At work now so I can't do much about it I guess.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Hey DLC Inc can you add the info for the Xbox guild to the OP? It's Goonrilla Grodd, ID 02FRM. We have like 5 members and can't complete the objectives :(.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

sicarius posted:

I assume there are different endings to the campaign based on whether you pick Batman or Superman? Is it worth going through again?

Yes, there are different endings. You can just jump to the chapters with two characters and do the fights you didn't while skipping cutscenes to unlock the other ending; it took me about 20 minutes.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

FunkMonkey posted:

Yes, there are different endings. You can just jump to the chapters with two characters and do the fights you didn't while skipping cutscenes to unlock the other ending; it took me about 20 minutes.

Awesome. I hoped it worked that way, but was afraid that jumping might not count because... games sometimes make bad choices. Thanks!

EDIT: I think it's been asked before but I missed the answer : I'm not missing a way to open multiple boxes am I? I just have to sit here for 15 minutes holding/tapping X over and over.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

sicarius posted:

Awesome. I hoped it worked that way, but was afraid that jumping might not count because... games sometimes make bad choices. Thanks!

EDIT: I think it's been asked before but I missed the answer : I'm not missing a way to open multiple boxes am I? I just have to sit here for 15 minutes holding/tapping X over and over.

At the very least, watch the Superman ending.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Fool posted:

A filthy casuals hot take after playing through half of the story mode last night:

Good:
Flash
Green Lantern
Harley
Batman

Not as good:
Green Arrow
Blue Beetle

Overall, game is great.

I actually really like Blue Beetle. His combos just seem to come out really easy for me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked playing as Black Canary more than Green Arrow, but both were real fun.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Roth posted:

I actually really like Blue Beetle. His combos just seem to come out really easy for me.

That's how Harley feels to me.

Green Lantern as well, to a lesser extent.

Senerio posted:

I liked playing as Black Canary more than Green Arrow, but both were real fun.

I haven't done anything with Black Canary yet, but Green Arrow was just clunky for me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The Fool posted:

I haven't done anything with Black Canary yet, but Green Arrow was just clunky for me.

I chose her each time in story mode over Ollie, and I really liked her. The Canary Cry trait was quite fun.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

The Fool posted:

That's how Harley feels to me.

Green Lantern as well, to a lesser extent.

the trick arrow trait is so, so, good for GA. d,d, 4 gives you fire arrows which cause decent damage, knockdown and really annoy people (you can also meter burn them to become boxing glove arrows) d,b,4 gives you freeze arrows, allowing you to get a free launcher into combo of your choice, but the damage is scaled back. and d,f, 4 gives you electric arrows which cause the opponent to stumble, giving you some more difficult combo opportunities with less scaling than the ice arrow.

Green Arrow is pretty drat fun. Black Canary is more interesting if you aren't into zoning at all though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Keep in mind you can meter burn any arrow for boxing gloves, not just fire. Also lightning arrows travel faster and deal much higher chip damage when blocked!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I haven't worked trait into my combos because i'm a baddie. Right now my go-to is 1,1,df1 MB, f3, j2, 2,2,3. Does about 300 damage and it knocks them away while giving me time to load arrows as they stand up.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My green arrow went from level 19 to 14 D:

Turns out you can 'fix' lost exp by going into the character specific tutorial. Back up to level 19 so it worked for me, at least!

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 18, 2017

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

I haven't worked trait into my combos because i'm a baddie. Right now my go-to is 1,1,df1 MB, f3, j2, 2,2,3. Does about 300 damage and it knocks them away while giving me time to load arrows as they stand up.

Same deal but 1,1,xdf1, MB, b3, j2, b2,3xbf3 does like 316 damage and puts you closer to the opponent when done. Green Arrow isn't about combo damage so it's pretty solid for 1 bar.

MrJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 18, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I tried Guild Multiverse a bit... man if the AI can be this fast and punishing (at my level, no less... [Level 8]) I fear going online against people. :)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
aw yes I got Robin's Nightwing's Staff ability and it is slick.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Feenix posted:

So I tried Guild Multiverse a bit... man if the AI can be this fast and punishing (at my level, no less... [Level 8]) I fear going online against people. :)

The ranked daily thing scared be quite a bit but it turns out not many people are good with a zoning scared shitless Superman.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Feenix posted:

Yeah last night Flash almost made me smash my television.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

The AI is stronger than 90% of online players

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

The AI is stronger than 90% of online players

I beat a guy standing in place using omega beams

To be clear I was the one just standing in place using omega beams

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Norns posted:

I beat a guy standing in place using omega beams

To be clear I was the one just standing in place using omega beams

Same. It was what prompted my aforementioned litany of slurs from my opponent.

Honestly, I think I'm in that unfortunate skill zone where I'm going to either have a joylessly one-sided victory against some chump, or I'm just going to have my rear end completely handed to me. I'd love to periodically set up a lobby just to fun around with people, but beyond that I'll probably just concentrate on multiverse for the most part.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just stuffed a 15-0 darkseid who tried to stand in place and just do omega beams. When he finally clued in that that was never going to work, he just did neutral jumps into airdashes towards me. He ended the match by hitting me with his super and ragequitting in the middle of the animation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm online now if anyone wants to fun around or try for that cheetah kill. Just put a message in the guild lobby!

• Locked thread