Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Recommended during Star Citizen ATV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn1dML6RC5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
meh, star marine is better

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

It's always hilarious to compare actual AAA games to what CIG has produced and insists is "AAA quality"

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I hope he mispoke because if there is only one Sun, that's not a galaxy, it's a star system.

In fact, the starmap shows that they have Sol starsystem. And Stanton system, which they are supposed to be building out, has its own star, Terra Nova.

I think what he meant is they have one global light that acts as the sun. They don't have "real" suns that emit light. I also bet they don't have planets that move around said suns.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Risc1911 posted:

I think what he meant is they have one global light that acts as the sun. They don't have "real" suns that emit light. I also bet they don't have planets that move around said suns.

They don't even have a game.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Foo Diddley posted:

It's always hilarious to compare actual AAA games to what CIG has produced and insists is "AAA quality"

And then you remember some of them think it's better than AAA

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

it's wonderful to see a game with beautiful art direction

also: Destiny started development in 2010, released 2014. Destiny 2 released maybe next year?

I don't understand game development

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

also: Destiny started development in 2010, released 2014. Destiny 2 released maybe next year?

yet another game franchise that managed to release multiple sequels during the time star citizen has been in development

destiny 2 is out this september

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

starkebn posted:

Sept 2017 from leaks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
but but but they had to build a compannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
In response to the ATV. I remember watching this and feeling pretty inspired by what they were going for.

Whatever they are trying to do in ATV seems to be setting all the scenes manually instead of getting the engine to do the heavy lifting?

I don't know anything about game development. :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Glad to see it is finally releasing out with the limited edition boxes and USB sticks.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

neonbregna posted:

Shave the doggo

I haven't caught up fully, but in case nobody responded to this: You do not shave dogs. Even thick wooly ones. Let them play in the water or shed naturally.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Guy DeBorgore posted:

So I just remembered that they sold a concept "News Van" so people could fulfill their dreams of being a Space Journalist , because of COURSE there'll be mechanics to support that

Does anyone know how much this beauty cost?https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/reliant/Reliant-Mako-News-Van

EVE Online has Space Journalists, therefore the best space sim ever will need them too. EVE doesn't even have news vans though (the space journalists just fly around in normal cloaked ships and then broadcast via Twitch or a website like plebs) so clearly SC will be better.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Risc1911 posted:

Lets hope they havent got any binary star systems in their lore then...

No Tatooine

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

radd posted:

If you melt the cheese, you will have to buy it back later and it will no longer have LTI.

Better to get a Cross Cheese Upgrade (CCU).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sum Mors posted:

I haven't caught up fully, but in case nobody responded to this: You do not shave dogs. Even thick wooly ones. Let them play in the water or shed naturally.

Are puppy cuts ok? :ohdear:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

CRoberts: I want 1million polys per object!

Gearbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cw2gXq83n8&t=340s

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Are puppy cuts ok? :ohdear:

Well if you're talking a trim for style/cleanliness it is okay. You do not shave it like a sheep.

E:
Don't do this to your doggo. Unless its to combat mange or some other health thing.

E2: Not saying this is an all authoritative source or something, it's just one of the first 5 google results for you.
VVVVVV http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/why-you-shouldnt-shave-your-dog-in-summer/ VVVVVVV

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 19, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Sum Mors posted:

Well if you're talking a trim for style/cleanliness it is okay. You do not shave it like a sheep.

back up your assertion with a source please

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

no_recall posted:

Sept 2017 from leaks.

Or you could look on their website and see that the date is shown as September 8.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Trip report, blue cheese taco. Eh, not for me, but not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. If I had to do again, I would go for a hotter salsa/spice blend, since blue cheese is really pungent and overpowers it a bit.

Thanks for something different.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

Trip report, blue cheese taco. Eh, not for me, but not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. If I had to do again, I would go for a hotter salsa/spice blend, since blue cheese is really pungent and overpowers it a bit.

Try the Nemo system for tacos.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

radd posted:

Or you could look on their website and see that the date is shown as September 8.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Drunk Theory posted:

scrod report, blue scrod taco. Eh, not for me, but not terrible by any scrod of the imagination. If I had to scrod again, I would go for a hotter scrod/scrod blend, since blue scrod is really scrod and overpowers it a bit.

Thanks for something scrod.
scrod

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Has anyone said Scrodron 42 yet?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Chris Roberts: LV-426 WAS NOT A JOKE.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Star Scrodizen

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"I am capable of rational, independent thought." -A backer

"This is why I totally believe Chris Roberts can deliver a magnum opus with 9 million plus NPCs all with unique lives and data and AI sub-routines and young NPCs will go to school and adult NPCs will generate quests in a never-ending chain and they will all reward me greatly to the point where I will always and constantly be enjoying my 4,000$ purchase for decades to come!" -MOMA, probably

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
basically lol

something I would say about a crush in 4th grade to my friends

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

yet another game franchise that managed to release multiple sequels during the time star citizen has been in development

destiny 2 is out this september

Yeah that was something I was thinking about while looking at some of the recent trailers. We have passed a point where the first generation of space-sims that were (arguably) inspired by Star Citizen's big kickstarter have all come out, some to enormous success. Everspace, Pulsar, Elite: Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Rebel Galaxy, House Of The Dying Sun... Now a whole second wave of space games is coming down the pipe for release this year or next, and many of them are clearly direct reactions to SC's promises. In the end Star Citizen is going to be measured not in the number of titles that came out while it was in development, but in the generations of games that were started, completed, and forgotten before it ever got out of alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGecTrjiRh0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsSzoQJek70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcERgIlJk6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJyfKNeOao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhFodoNYpc
https://oldmanmordaith.com/2017/04/27/shifting-gears-in-space-sims/

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 19, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

This means that Destiny 2 took 7 years to make.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Theory posted:

Hey you gringos pendejos, saying blue cheese taco means you had a taco with blue cheese as the main ingredient. If you put blue cheese on your BLT you would not call it a blue cheese sandwich. Please specify the actual taco type that you ruined.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sarsapariller posted:

Yeah that was something I was thinking about while looking at some of the recent trailers. We have passed a point where the first generation of space-sims that were (arguably) inspired by Star Citizen's big kickstarter have all come out, some to enormous success. Everspace, Pulsar, Elite: Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Rebel Galaxy, House Of The Dying Sun... Now a whole second wave of space games is coming down the pipe for release this year or next, and many of them are clearly direct reactions to SC's promises. In the end Star Citizen is going to be measured not in the number of titles that came out while it was in development, but in the generations of games that were started, completed, and forgotten before it ever got out of alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJyfKNeOao
https://oldmanmordaith.com/2017/04/27/shifting-gears-in-space-sims/

Sorry, but Dual Universe looks like it's just as much of a crock of poo poo as Star Citizen:

Several of these features are literally impossible, most of the rest are impossibly difficult, and every one of 'em is a giant red flag. Player constructions the size of a moon! Thousands of players in a single instance! Invent a new life for yourself! Yeah, right

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

PLEDGE NOW PLEDGE PLEDGE PLEDGE

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nawledgelambo posted:

basically lol

something I would say about a crush in 4th grade to my friends

I'm the yet another best fighter available can do everything you can dream of buy nowwww

Just how many 'top of their class' fighter ships are available to buy now? 5... 10?

It's also pretty funny they're now giving away forum badges to help convince the whales to buybuybuy

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ghostlight posted:

lmao that they would call a star Terra Nova.

Maybe Chris understands Latin even less than he understands space.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

I'm the yet another best fighter available can do everything you can dream of buy nowwww

Just how many 'top of their class' fighter ships are available to buy now? 5... 10?

It's also pretty funny they're now giving away forum badges to help convince the whales to buybuybuy

Most kickstarters bake that poo poo right into the initial pledges. Like everything else, Crobber is behind the times playing catch up, thinking hes the first to invent the wheel.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
How the gently caress does r/ds keep thinking its being an 'archive' when there are literal places that do that already. Archive.is and waybackmachine do a better job of what they claim to be doing, without all the biased bullshit and hate stalking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hobold posted:

Most kickstarters bake that poo poo right into the initial pledges. Like everything else, Crobber is behind the times playing catch up, thinking hes the first to invent the wheel.

Let's be honest here, anytime you've seen Chris speak on camera does he come across as the 'brains' of anything?

Dude can barely string a sentence together without resorting to umm err or sooo

If anything all of this from day 1 has been

Hired marketing company

Sandi

or a combination