Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've had 4x speed AI matches that are probably faster than the actual process of opening the box you get from them.

edit: lol the AI can earn you trophies

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

My AI Flash does magical things with that runner's stance.

Dude right!? I was thinking man, I want to learn Flash, he's cool. Then I watched the AI. :prepop:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Double post, but here's the link to the Goon FGC discord. Come hang out!

https://discord.gg/g9vwff

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Meridian posted:

Dude right!? I was thinking man, I want to learn Flash, he's cool. Then I watched the AI. :prepop:

Watching AI Flash and Harley is mesmerizing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

don't feel bad, the AI is doing poo poo that's borderline insane in terms of input speed. However I still see them drop combos on occasion which is pretty funny.

When I AI Canary she constantly blows her super on downed opponents.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

McSpanky posted:

Get Nox or Bluestacks, one of those should be able to run the game well enough to grind out some unlockables.

I completely forgot about bluestacks. I had it years ago when it was first released but never really used it - probably why I forgot about it. Thanks!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Joined goon lantern corps. In as Calaveronico or something like that

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I just got Harley's heal and a Captain Cold skill that lets him shoot in the air one after the other.

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.
Applied to Lantern Corps as xBusinessTimex

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am so happy everyone is joining Goon Corps. Now that I have created a goon video game group, I am a true goon. Soon I will be drunk with power, not just drunk in general. :black101:

Also I still find this game really uncomfortable to play with a stick. Can't seem to find the right set up.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's designed for D-Pad

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's designed for D-Pad

Well, yeah. I guess that's what I'm saying.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Meridian posted:

Well, yeah. I guess that's what I'm saying.

I played the first game on stick, switched to pad for inj2. Pad is the way to play unless you got a hitbox then that's just gonna be strictly better I guess.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe Injustice 2 was just an AI Battle Tamagotchi RPG the whole time

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So one of the opening banter between Atrocitus and Wonder Woman is him telling her she would make a great red lantern - and she replies that violet is more her color (goes something like that). Ummm - I don't think Injustice Wonder Woman could ever be a Star Sapphire.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Darkseid's arcade ending is rad.

"OUR SCORE IS SETTLED. THAT IS THE WILL OF DARKSEID!" :black101:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ugh just give me the last three cosmetic pieces of that original outfit Harley Quinn game, gently caress. The worst part is I had the loving head at one point and accidentally sold it like an idiot.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

So one of the opening banter between Atrocitus and Wonder Woman is him telling her she would make a great red lantern - and she replies that violet is more her color (goes something like that). Ummm - I don't think Injustice Wonder Woman could ever be a Star Sapphire.

it's very in character of her to think that she'd be a star sapphire though. injustice wondy is incredibly deluded and hosed up

honestly shes more of a factor in superman's downfall than lois

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 20, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya Injustice WW is actually kind of unlikable in my opinion.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Technically a love of murderin' is still love.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

injustice wonder woman is so messed up it makes me feel kind of bad that theres no proper wonder woman video games or anything to counterbalance it. i hope the next DC fighting game isnt in the injustice universe so we can get some proper wonder woman

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's very in character of her to think that she'd be a star sapphire though. injustice wondy is incredibly deluded and hosed up

Indeed, it's probably also a reference to the comics where she was a Star Sapphire once during the Corps Wars.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Applied to Good Guild #3 as ContestWinner.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I hope people record the stuff the AI's doing, at least once. I think it'd be worth watching.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Batman AI does some crazy poo poo I didn't know was a thing, it's like Jump 3 xx db2 (the sparks thing in the air) then I THINK it gets cancelled into the float into a dive kick or something and some poo poo into grappling hook on the ground, I always wondered why the computer wanted to air recover off of the ground bounce that db2 in the air causes, now I know why. Atrocitus does this combo off of a raw F+3 that involves 2 normal blood tornadoes and does a crapload of damage as well for no meter. Both of them look like super tight links.

I don't know if the skills are the same for hitting 10 and 20 on a character, or if it just gives you a random one from the pool, but I got one for Superman at lvl 20 that changes his super activation into crashing a meteor into your head before the super starts instead of charging at you. It does a lot of damage, looks stupid and is pretty funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bloodly posted:

I hope people record the stuff the AI's doing, at least once. I think it'd be worth watching.

The Battle Log lets you view replays of those fights.

It won't work for multiverse I don't think, but it grabs AI Battles.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kelp Plankton posted:

injustice wonder woman is so messed up it makes me feel kind of bad that theres no proper wonder woman video games or anything to counterbalance it. i hope the next DC fighting game isnt in the injustice universe so we can get some proper wonder woman

I hope it's a Crisis On Infinite Earths where the 'real' wonder woman can kick the poo poo out of her

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah she's horrible in the Injustice comics

She's more like Superwoman from the earth 3 crime syndicate than wonder woman.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bloodly posted:

This felt right...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LRifHx5JLc&feature=em-upload_owner

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Bloodly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxzZzwJOp0

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Picked the game up tonight, put some time into it. Haven't really played a fighter since the previous Injustice, so I'm not great... but I'm having a blast. Supergirl is soooooo much fun to play. Having access to her eyebeams at the touch of a button is an awesome character power, especially the "didn't I tell you to clean your room" full bar variant.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Technically a love of murderin' is still love.

Touché! I'm going to use that quote from you haha!

Kelp Plankton posted:

As what was shown in story mode with her against Scarecrow!

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 20, 2017

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Thanks for adding me to the new guild! I'm LordLemming on PSN (yeah, I registered it when I was... much younger).

I am very very bad at this game.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^Did I play you at some point in ranked? I remember seeing the word lemming - could have been someone else though. (zombiesrock, and yeah I picked it when I got one of the original PS3s haha!)

quote:

She's more like Superwoman from the earth 3 crime syndicate than wonder woman.

Full circle because I believe Earth 3 Wonder Woman is Lois Lane.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 20, 2017

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
ugh double post.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

^^^Did I play you at some point in ranked? I remember seeing the word lemming - could have been someone else though. (zombiesrock, and yeah I picked it when I got one of the original PS3s haha!)

Nah, I've only played a few player matches online.

I've spent my whole life playing video games but good Lord am I utterly incapable of inputting commands quickly enough to do well at fighting games. Still really enjoying this game for the loot and the single player stuff, though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So I know this is fighting games 101 but what should I be doing when I knock the opponent down

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

I hope it's a Crisis On Infinite Earths where the 'real' wonder woman can kick the poo poo out of her

This kind of happens in the original Injustice story mode if I recall correctly.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Kelp Plankton posted:

I went back and watched the original game's story mode, and the scene where she recruits all the Amazons to her side with one speech is some proper-rear end Wonder Woman.

There's got to be something in the background of Injustice Wondy that they've never gone into, the same way there's a lot different about Injustice Superman's background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So I know this is fighting games 101 but what should I be doing when I knock the opponent down

I just block waiting for them to do a wake up move (are there wake up moves in this game? I haven't tried nor have I seen anyone actually do one.)

Wanderer posted:

I went back and watched the original game's story mode, and the scene where she recruits all the Amazons to her side with one speech is some proper-rear end Wonder Woman.

There's got to be something in the background of Injustice Wondy that they've never gone into, the same way there's a lot different about Injustice Superman's background.

Yeah but that was the good WW from a different universe who fought injustice WW first before that happened.

Edit: Why wont the game allow me to use the option button (PS4) to use a preferred loadout anymore? the option just completly dissapeared.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 20, 2017

• Locked thread