Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

Anime_Otaku posted:

She's my current favourite for sure, but that's mainly because I love both the books she's in.

Two opinion based questions: firstly, does Catwoman look like she's based on somebody? I feel like she is but I can't place her, same with Wonder Woman, though I think WW might be Lynda Carter.

Secondly is anyone else hoping that the future DLCs includes Young Animal and Wild Storm characters?

She looks a lot like Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I just saw AI Grodd do a 4 hit combo into his super which he hit mid juggle and I lost my mind

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Just kinda? No she's a total douche in this universe. And this is coming from a giant Wonder Woman geek. I have posters a poo poo ton of comics - the whole box set of the WW tv series, a signed trade from Lynda Carter when I was in Chicago and saw her sing at Market Days, etc...

The thing about Injustice is that Superman's downfall is less from his decision to kill Joker and more a complete failure of his own support system. Batman is kind of a real crappy friend (And I wish this got a bit more play), and Wonder Woman is literally the devil on his shoulder enabling his worst impulses.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I wish the incarnation of Ollie on Arrow was half as fun as Injustice Green Arrow. I just told Dr Fate that he needs to get laid then shot him in the dick with a boxing glove arrow.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

The thing about Injustice is that Superman's downfall is less from his decision to kill Joker and more a complete failure of his own support system. Batman is kind of a real crappy friend (And I wish this got a bit more play), and Wonder Woman is literally the devil on his shoulder enabling his worst impulses.

What was Batman supposed to do, other than what he did? The whole point in Injustice 1 was that he couldn't be talked down. Proves true in 2 when after the immediate threat is over he does the same stuff all over again.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 21, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why didn't they use the phantom zone in Injustice 1 any way
And I guess Injustice 2 sorta retcons the comic series in that it's Robin slitting Zsazs's throat instead of killing Nightwing what gets him thrown out of the family

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Am I the only one who is dissapointed that there is no Super Friends banter between WW and Darkseid, because all of his plots revolved around him trying to make her his bride.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Am I the only one who is dissapointed that there is no Super Friends banter between WW and Darkseid, because all of his plots revolved around him trying to make her his bride.

I do not remember much of the Superfriends episodes where Darkseid was the main villain, except for this episode where Superman was thought to be dead. Of course he wasn't and it was a pretty good episode from what I remember, but it was a weirdly somber episode for that series.

Meridian posted:

What was Batman supposed to do, other than what he did? The whole point in Injustice 1 was that he couldn't be talked down. Proves true in 2 when after the immediate threat is over he does the same stuff all over again.

The problem is that Batman a paranoid jerk who is unable to do anything without at least 2 different contingency plans to get what he wants which get inevitably exposed and makes things worse, rather than just simply trusting his friends and hoping for the best.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 21, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

OxMan posted:

Tried to avoid the hype, but for honor s2 was real underwhelming so here I am. The OP is hella barebones, is there a main site most people use to look up strings and juggles for dudes? This is the first NRE title I've played since like UMK3.

I recommend https://testyourmight.com

Click on the character you're interested in and check the various combo or general discussion threads on them.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like this green arrow is the comics one similar

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Why do people hate Cyborg

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He's black

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Depends on the writer but yeah

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

fadam posted:

You can equip gear, but everyone uses level 20 stats in ranked, no gear bonuses.

So what about player match? I feel like the entire system isn't explained at all. I've read it can be disabled completely but I have no idea if that's true or where it's applicable. I just want to rematch people over and over without some dumb RPG system saddled on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I do not remember much of the Superfriends episodes where Darkseid was the main villain, except for this episode where Superman was thought to be dead. Of course he wasn't and it was a pretty good episode from what I remember, but it was a weirdly somber episode for that series.

The problem is that Batman a paranoid jerk who is unable to do anything without at least 2 different contingency plans to get what he wants which get inevitably exposed and makes things worse, rather than just simply trusting his friends and hoping for the best.

To be fair it's hard to just trust and hope for the best when one wrong move can and did create a horrible fascist regime headed by an invincible immortal god king and a cadre of super powered lunatics

Also what's the deal with Nightwing in this game, where is he

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Hi, applied to Goon Lantern force as pkmn84!

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Calaveron posted:

To be fair it's hard to just trust and hope for the best when one wrong move can and did create a horrible fascist regime headed by an invincible immortal god king and a cadre of super powered lunatics

Also what's the deal with Nightwing in this game, where is he

Very dead. Damian killed him in the comics, so I'm not sure what the circumstances are in Injustice 2. That said, during a Damian/Batman intro, Damian says he's Batman's son, and Batman makes it a point to say Dick was his son, too, making his death canon.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 21, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Xeremides posted:

Very dead.

No but I mean Damian runs around a bit as Nightwing in the story mode so he exists in the game files somewhere

It's always a disappointment when fighting games cut out characters for sequels even though in-universe they're dead (although this game has the perfect excuse as to why Lex and Shazam and the like could still be around)

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Calaveron posted:

No but I mean Damian runs around a bit as Nightwing in the story mode so he exists in the game files somewhere

It's always a disappointment when fighting games cut out characters for sequels even though in-universe they're dead (although this game has the perfect excuse as to why Lex and Shazam and the like could still be around)

He wasn't cut out. It's just an item (ability that gives you his staff) you can acquire that gives you Nightwing's fighting style.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 21, 2017

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Personal_Nirvana posted:

I hate him because I don't play him, yet I have like 10 epics for him (sold them of course). and only 1 for my main character WW.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Empress Brosephine posted:

Injustice Ollie is very much the "classic" Green Arrow. The currently-running comic owes a lot more to the "Arrow" TV show. Ollie is younger and the book's surprisingly grim.

Much like William Riker, Oliver Queen is much more enjoyable when he has a beard. You might check out the 2000s run of his comic; the first arc is very continuity-heavy because they had to bring him back to life, but after that, Brad Meltzer takes over as the writer and it's an easier, more fun read.

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah, IJ!Wondy is way more martial than the typical Diana, even right at the start. There's a story there that nobody's gotten around to telling. Maybe her earliest adventures in "Man's World" went worse for her.

IJ!Superman has also got to be way less tested and experienced than a typical canon Superman would be. Brainiac never came to Earth before IJ2, and Lex's a good guy. That's a good 50% off the top of a typical Superman's workload, to the point where I'm not even sure what other villains he'd be fighting. Toyman?

And yeah, this is very much Batman at his most paranoid and distrustful, who has learned almost none of the lessons that the main DCU comics Batman had to get pummeled into him over the course of several years. You can see that in the mirror match fight in the first Injustice's story mode; IJ!Batman is used to acting unilaterally, while the main universe Batman has a lot more faith in his allies and teammates.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I have all the super friends dvd's hah https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTUJiyDXiMc

My grandfather while he was still alive used to record them all for me and label them - of course I don't have a vhs player anymore. One was even on betamax.

Edit: So with the whole Brother Eye thing - is that from Futures End? or was brother eye before that?

Edit again spoilered it even though it's not really a spoiler but some people haven't gotten the game yet.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 21, 2017

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I need some Robin bnb's to practice please

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Edit: So with the whole Brother Eye thing - is that from Futures End? or was brother eye before that?

Edit again spoilered it even though it's not really a spoiler but some people haven't gotten the game yet.

Brother Eye goes back to a book Jack Kirby created in the '70s called OMAC, One Man Army Corps. It showed up later during Infinite Crisis (I think) as Batman's way-too-easy-to-hack surveillance satellite.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Fool posted:

I need some Robin bnb's to practice please

I'm a big fan of this guy on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUsMqaZI_I&.

He did bnbs for most of MKX, and has started working through I2.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

OxMan posted:

Ah poo poo, what the hell is notation for NRE games?
1 = light
2= medium
3 = hard
4 = trait
MB = Meter burn

I think everything else is generic directions

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Personal_Nirvana posted:

He just seems so boring and DC has pushed him so hard even though I literally don't know anyone who is eager to see more of him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
gently caress boss brainiac's giant tentacle combos that do full bars practically.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ Thank everything that he isn't as powerful as he is in storymode vs multiplater/online. Ya just have to block and then punish - even on easy mode hes f'n hard to beat.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

He just seems so boring and DC has pushed him so hard even though I literally don't know anyone who is eager to see more of him.

Thank Dan Didio for that.

Wanderer posted:

Brother Eye goes back to a book Jack Kirby created in the '70s called OMAC, One Man Army Corps. It showed up later during Infinite Crisis (I think) as Batman's way-too-easy-to-hack surveillance satellite.
Thank you, even being a comic nerd it's hard to keep up with.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 21, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

People would like Cyborg more if he was allowed to be friendly and fun while also dealing with his issues, like the fuckin teen titans cartoon which is the reason anyone cared about Cyborg in the first place

DC doesn't understand its own characters

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If this game doesn't drop this loving Harley Quinn head soon I'm going to kill Ed Boon. I would pay double the real money currency to just be able to change the loving gear to look like any other gear in the game.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

If this game doesn't drop this loving Harley Quinn head soon I'm going to kill Ed Boon. I would pay double the real money currency to just be able to change the loving gear to look like any other gear in the game.

I can tell you right where he works - I use to walk by when I was living in Chicago and going to RCN = Giant NeatherRealm sign in the lot.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If you kill Ed Boon, he'd just come back as a shadow ninja.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

If you kill Ed Boon, he'd just come back as a shadow ninja.

Noob Saibot confirmed for DLC

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Someone already killed him and now we're stuck being trolled by a zombie @noobde

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've yet to pick up a character and not think they're really strong. This game rules.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

So green arrow is basically batman but cool and awesome huh?

I love that you can give him a hawkeye colour scheme

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Spuckuk posted:

So green arrow is basically batman but cool and awesome huh?

I love that you can give him a hawkeye colour scheme

Batman has a fuckin Boba Fett color scheme for some reason.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

heh

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/may/20/deadshots-zoning-playstyle-causing-frustration-toryuken-and-yes-controller-was-thrown/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

This game feels janky as hell, I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. The movement feels awful. It's such a bizarre experience to lose to people who clearly have serious trouble even performing simple inputs for specials. I'm really awful at it for sure.

NRS games are jank city, but they're a lot of fun once you get used to it. Some of the stuff is really obnoxious, like jump-in combos requiring you to input stuff really really early or else it won't combo. Also a lot of the animations are really bogus, it's hard to tell whether something will hit high/low/overhead from the animation alone. I've been playing NRS games since MK9 and still keep dropping combos because the inputs are so finicky without diagonals.

Still I'm having a blast with Atrocitus and Joker at the moment.

• Locked thread