Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jimmy Hats posted:

Holy gently caress darkseids super gets blocked if you throw an interactable into it

I was like "uhhhhhhhhh" that whole exchange, like a deer in headlights. Going to try and fix the invite issue, thanks for the win. Would love to continue some point soon.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

Brainiac boss has really weak AI though. Just j2 him for days

As Atrocitus I can just spam Rage Charge (BF1) over and over, it seems to always stop blocking it halfway through.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

FunkMonkey posted:

I was like "uhhhhhhhhh" that whole exchange, like a deer in headlights. Going to try and fix the invite issue, thanks for the win.

My catwoman v catwoman try was brutal. I was do so little damage. Hilarious!

Double Bill posted:

As Atrocitus I can just spam Rage Charge (BF1) over and over, it seems to always stop blocking it halfway through.

Yeah I totally blew him the gently caress up in story mode with batman. J2, 2,2,3, db1 MB, b3, j2, j2, jdb2. Easy damage and it resets him at j2 range lmao.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

well don't lie to the nice people just ask for an invite for your cousin

I sure hope he aint my cousin. I dont live in the bible belt, that poo poo don't fly up here. I'll ask him to send in an application and post here with our psn names

Which one of the ps4 guilds still has room? Is it the GLC one?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

McCloud posted:

Which one of the ps4 guilds still has room? Is it the GLC one?

Looks like we'll need a third PS4 guild, GLC was already 47/50 a while ago.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Empress Brosephine posted:

This game makes me want to read comics I bet that would be a dumb idea

The Injustice comic series is actually pretty dece. I wonder if it's been compiled already

fucked-up birthday
Sep 7, 2006

Double Bill posted:

Looks like we'll need a third PS4 guild, GLC was already 47/50 a while ago.

49/50 as of right now. Speaking of, sent an application as dalamar648

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

no matter what I tinker with, my AI Joker is still a dumb fucker. Just as chaotic and idiotic as the real Joker I guess

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Hot take: Harley is the most fun character to play as

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

whomupclicklike posted:

I felt this way, got her to lvl 15, and now I've started mashing out insane combos as Robin.

Feels better than most games when it comes to trying new characters and being pleasantly surprised. Reminds me of Overwatch.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

whomupclicklike posted:

She could cancel from nearly anything I tried into just about anything I wanted during the brief time they give you to use her in Story. I definitely want to spend more time with her.

Got a message last night saying I had hit my guild point cap for the day. Neat.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

whomupclicklike posted:

nope, Flash still takes it. Hold on while I check my phone while you are still getting hit by punches I threw 30 second ago.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Calaveron posted:

The Injustice comic series is actually pretty dece. I wonder if it's been compiled already

Injustice sale on Comixology, first three years are the best, plus their writer returns for the Injustice 2 comic.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

whomupclicklike posted:

You're just saying that because you loved bouncing my rear end across the screen with her sledgehammer

Which is, admittedly, baller as gently caress

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

SNACK TIME, BOYS has the best camera work of all the supers, with Joker coming in second.

Flash's super is a great idea, but doesn't have the same *oomph* as getting hit in the face with a bat or crowbar.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

SNACK TIME, BOYS has the best camera work of all the supers, with Joker coming in second.

Flash's super is a great idea, but doesn't have the same *oomph* as getting hit in the face with a bat or crowbar.

He makes you kiss yourself goodbye!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I love after it ends and she throws the bat off screen, split in half

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

HebrewMagic posted:

You're just saying that because you loved bouncing my rear end across the screen with her sledgehammer

Which is, admittedly, baller as gently caress

Hey I can beat you with Supper Grill too

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

whomupclicklike posted:

Hey I can beat you with Supper Grill too

I'm sorry I can't​ hear over Deadshot and his unending bullets up your rear end

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

HebrewMagic posted:

I'm sorry I can't​ hear over Deadshot and his unending bullets up your rear end

Please don't call me out like this

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
whats your favorite stage

i like the arkham asylum and joker's carnival the most in terms of atmosphere.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Kurtofan posted:

I like Atlantis those most because when you knock someone out of the stage it looks ultra cool

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Kurtofan posted:

Metropolis looks the slickest in my opinion. Khandaq would be my second choice.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Metropolis hands down. Superhero bar fights are awesome.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't really have an affinity for any DC universe heroes but from what I can tell this is basically a palette-swapped MKX with the same kind of SP progression? It looks kinda cool, might get at some point.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Do you get the upgraded versions of the starting costumes as loot drops? Other than the B:TAS jester's hat I only like the pigtails on Harley and a lot of Deadshot's masks look bad too.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Someone still tossin' out Goon guild invites on Xbox? I'm Cybercooties

Man, as someone who doesn't give much of a crap about playing against people online, I am having a blast with all this single-player content. All I've ever wanted was to play pretty-pretty dressup with superheroes.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
This game is real great, though maybe someone can grab the AI a magazine so they have something else to read.

I'm having a hard time settling on one character, I think I'll have it then I'll try someone else who is also cool.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

MrJacobs posted:

Metropolis hands down. Superhero bar fights are awesome.
I am the literal worst when it comes to tossing the bar patron at people with any accuracy, but I'll be damned if I let my opponent try it first.

Also hurling exploding beer kegs is great, no matter who you play.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

hosed-up birthday posted:

49/50 as of right now. Speaking of, sent an application as dalamar648

Yeah. It's full. Has anyone started a 3rd?

I created one. N6C2E Dark Empire

ExCruceLeo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 21, 2017

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Someone still tossin' out Goon guild invites on Xbox? I'm Cybercooties

The Xbox ID is in the op friendo

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The biggest discrepancy with "use meter roll to get around"?

For whatever reason, you get no meter blocking projectiles.

Like 0. That's likely a huge factor, in addition to his meter build being high.

I'd rather not see him nerfed, because nerfing always sucks but see that people get some bar on block.

I've only fought 2, but I'm also from games where you put combos in as they happen instead of before, so I'm not at my peak here. overall though not impossible, just kinda goes from "play smart" to "play his game" very quickly, which I don't mind, but can see why people who don't play fighters do mind.
I've dealt with much worse.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 21, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I don't really have an affinity for any DC universe heroes but from what I can tell this is basically a palette-swapped MKX with the same kind of SP progression? It looks kinda cool, might get at some point.

the mechanics are "netherrealm studious fighting game" but it has a lot of differences, mainly this being 3-button instead of 4 button (with the 4th being used only for character abilities) air and roll evasion poo poo that's new, super move over x-ray/fatality, and the whole gear system. You have the stock single player arcade and versus modes but also have the story mode, the Multiverse which is like Towers but with more progression and levels to each "world" along with much more prerequisites/anomalies/factors, and the dress-up dollmaker bullshit.

Every character gets stats for HP/attack/ability/defense and has 5 gear slots / 2 ability variants to their loadouts, you get loot boxes constantly full of items and can do stuff like regenerate the items you like so they match your character level, make them look different for coins, or apply shaders to characters. Most stat stuff comes into on Multiverse events but also come into play in the AI Battle wherein you tinker with logic for characters and put one CPU team against another in small battles. Of course, if you want strict non-gear poo poo mucking up your play then you can opt to fight battles and modes without the stats and only apply your sexy costume aesthetically.

so yeah there's a lot different and it offers a lot more RPG battling poo poo in general but also is probably more feature-rich and fully realized than MKX.

SectumSempra posted:

The biggest discrepancy with "use meter roll to get around"?

For whatever reason, you get no meter blocking projectiles.

Like 0. That's likely a huge factor, in addition to his meter build being high.

getting no meter (which you need for evasions) is probably the biggest factor here and changing that would mean widespread change so it's more likely if anything will be changed, if ever, it would be to one character rather than all of them

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Injustice Year One's art is nothing special, but it is literally one of the best written things DC has ever produced. Year Two was okay, and Year Three had Constantine, but honestly, you get everything you need from the story just from the first one. It also has the best loving ending ever.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

DLC Inc posted:

getting no meter (which you need for evasions) is probably the biggest factor here and changing that would mean widespread change so it's more likely if anything will be changed, if ever, it would be to one character rather than all of them

I don't play games by this studio, but it's not a huge deal to change a system mechanic in a lot of other games, especially if it's one that will prevent this problem for popping up on a game with 9 dlc characters, who may or may not also rely on projectiles.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

I am the literal worst when it comes to tossing the bar patron at people with any accuracy, but I'll be damned if I let my opponent try it first.

Also hurling exploding beer kegs is great, no matter who you play.

Doubly so for Grodd. I'm sad there are no Atari noises when Grodd throws the kegs. I mean there's the achievement, but its not the same.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Beefstew posted:

Injustice Year One's art is nothing special, but it is literally one of the best written things DC has ever produced. Year Two was okay, and Year Three had Constantine, but honestly, you get everything you need from the story just from the first one. It also has the best loving ending ever.

I thought the ending was Gods Among Us since the comic is a prequel.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

MrJacobs posted:

I thought the ending was Gods Among Us since the comic is a prequel.

I mean the ending to Year One.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Beefstew posted:

I mean the ending to Year One.

which is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrJacobs posted: