Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You're placing a remarkable amount of faith in Sony's ability to not gently caress up the Spider-Man franchise despite copious historical evidence to the contrary. :v:

My money is on Sony actually producing a good (not necessarily great) movie that actually makes back what they spend on production and marketing, yet still loses the company a tremendously large amount of money because of some trivial accounting and/or legal gently caress up that keeps them firmly in the red.

Basically, I think those of you who are merely predicting a bad movie are woefully underestimating the degree Sony will gently caress this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Y'all should join the DCEU fanpage on Facebook.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That gif is pretty good.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

hehe

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Everything about this is great.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Everything about this is great.

Every image on this page is pretty top notch

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
In the grand tradition of the CineD 'tag yourself', I'm "people with bad taste" and I've got a verified blue checkmark

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

No, the Venom comic where he played an anti-hero was pretty bad. I used to be a big-time Venom fan in the 90s and bought it off the newstand. I didn't like it.

Wasn't there a story where he developed an appetite for eating brains, only to discover chocolate had the same effect?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This was at the Chinese premier:

https://twitter.com/BELLSherlocked/status/864026842889502720

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Yo, here's a goddess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI2ASp0f7GU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It just occurred to me that a Venom movie was announced but no one suggested that Tom Hardy should drive a truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZh_xg22Qk

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

..."Zaddy"?

i know exactly what it means but i'm going to pretend i don't because i would prefer to live in a world where I don't

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DC Murderverse posted:

..."Zaddy"?

i know exactly what it means but i'm going to pretend i don't because i would prefer to live in a world where I don't

Is it Zack Daddy?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

:swoon:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

Is it Zack Daddy?

Zarathustra's Caddy.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

lmao that owns

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

Like they might not bother with someone like Crimson Fox or whatever, but characters like Venom or Captain Marvel or Shazam

Why did you list Captain Marvel twice?

NO I WILL NEVER loving LET THIS GO

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/CinematicEX/status/863634839953649665

Why would anyone want this? :psyduck:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
See here's the thing about that

That is awful.

The tone is just kind of broken because the visuals are horrific and great but the song suggests whismy and bullshit and they clash in the worst way, and most damning of all

In the original scene, the music is on goddamn point. It's a loving horror track, that jacks up the tension and the fear and makes you feel what these poor morons who are getting slaughtered feel. It just ratchets it up higher and higher and higher

Until the cape joke breaks the tension and gets you to laugh because that's what its for.

In this version, it's just this awkward line that has no purpose because there is no tension.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

It's just a joke man. The scenes try to accomplish completely different things.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The MSJ posted:

It just occurred to me that a Venom movie was announced but no one suggested that Tom Hardy should drive a truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZh_xg22Qk

Not a huge Venom fan but that video reminded me of one comic I did read with him:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Oh dang.

Also, yeah, I think I've read a few stories about Anti-Venom that were pretty decent.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Burkion posted:

That is awful.

The tone is just kind of broken because the visuals are horrific and great but the song suggests whismy and bullshit and they clash in the worst way, and most damning of all

I liked it. Divorced from the context of the film itself, the brutality evident on screen contrasts nicely with the cheerful music. I like to imagine the soundtrack is either what's going on in Batman's head or being piped into his cowl by Alfred.

EDIT: The music could have been more dynamic, though. Like, cut back to the original score when we cut away to the flamethrower dude in the separate room. Maybe drop the music when Batman gets stabbed, then resume when he punches the guy who stabbed him.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 20, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can we talk about movies five years old? Just watched Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Neveldine/Taylor should direct every comic book movie, and David Goyer should stop writing every comic book movie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Davros1 posted:

David Goyer should stop writing every comic book movie.

:agreed:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This is the movie equivalent of an A.F. Branco cartoon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This is so goddamn good.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Oh my stars and garters, I seem to have stirred the hornets nest with my hacks comment.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

McCloud did say that all of the bad reviews of BvS on Rotten Tomatoes were by hacks.

What I actually said was "What did they say for BvS, before the hail of bad reviews by hacks came in?"

Notice I didn't say all bad reviews were by hacks. There are valid reasons to write a bad review about the movie. But like Megaman showed, there were a lot of crap reviews about the movie where fans whined about "not my X" or that the film wasn't as "fun" as marvels.

So what I actually meant was this:

Equeen posted:

Guys, I think McCloud's "hack critics" phrase was aimed more at people who shat out poorly written/hyperbolic negative reviews, not at literally every single person ever critical of BvS/DCEU.

and this

Guy A. Person posted:

I also think mccloud was just genuinely trying to forecast what the WW reviews would be based on how early reviews of BvS were compared to later reviews. Were they kind of bad and got worse or just as bad or good then future reviewers did a 180?

Because I remembered the first impressions and reviews that came out for BvS where pretty good. It was only after the premiere that the negative ones started coming in.

In no way did I mean that every review that was negative of BvS was written by a hack.

It did give me a horrible insight in to what a cesspool twitter is though, doubly so when you're dealing with fandom.

Man, this is soo good.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/SonyPicturesUK/status/865975436680896512

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I don't like the spray painting Spider-Man with cool hair

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

That looks really dumb for a poster, but why did they animate the paint that's on the wall already? Like, it's on the wall, it shouldn't be steaming and moving.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And why is parker doing graffiti?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Dave posted:

Holdover from The Amazing Spider-Man, demanded by one exec who probably said millennials think graffiti is cool and hip.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Dave posted:

Because he is a youth.

Also I like that Tom Holland's twitter reminds us all that he was born after Jurassic Park and Terminator 2.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/creepypuppet/status/866492108080676864

:haw:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Those "motion posters" are the hip new thing to advertise movies.

They are especially popular in metro transit/subway systems in big cities and Europe. The fact that is came from the UK Division of Sony is not surprising. It's probably a poster they are running on the London tube.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Those "motion posters" are the hip new thing to advertise movies.

There are so many cool, interesting ways you could use motion posters, especially with Spider-Man, that it's almost incomprehensible that they chose something so static, bland, and only marginally related to the movie itself.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I'm all caught up with Marvel movies, what is up my fellows

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in post-production, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder's wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

Stepping in to shepherd the movie through post and the shooting of some additional scenes will be Joss Whedon, the Avengers filmmaker and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With Whedon's help, the movie is still on track for its Nov. 17 release date.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

Well poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Aw, well that's horrible. Poor guy.

• Locked thread