Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The Machine posted:

Anyone have good RPGs for flights? So, zero internet access?

Knights pen paper.

Xcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sockmafia posted:

I was trying to be clever by alluding to you calling it a good toilet game.

Ah. Well, it's garbage. Don't play it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Machine posted:

If you liked paper mario, Steven universe attack the light is a good game.

I think the world ends with you is one of the best jrpgs to come out in decades but it is stupidly expensive at 18 dollars.

siralim 2 is a fun clone of dragon quest monsters.

teeny titans go isn't strictly an RPG, but has fun turn based combat.

crowntakers is a great strategy RPGs similar to heroes of might and magic.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I got a new phone and it didn't bring over my progress in a number of games, but my old phone is still active so those data are still accessible to me. What's the best way to get it all (or as much as I can) from my old device to the new one? I know Play Games has asked me to make a Gamer ID when opening a couple games (such as KoPP) but I never bothered with that on my previous phone. If I create an ID on my old device, then sign into it on the new device, I think that will move some things over?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Machine posted:

If you have the survey credits, any Final Fantasies you haven't played yet or have been meaning to replay.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

C-Euro posted:

I got a new phone and it didn't bring over my progress in a number of games, but my old phone is still active so those data are still accessible to me. What's the best way to get it all (or as much as I can) from my old device to the new one?

I often use Helium to back up and restore save data for games that don't use cloud saves, and that usually works pretty well. There are a few quirks with it, such as needing to connect to a PC to enable it on a non-rooted device, and sometimes the app will spit out huge back up files for certain games (though most will be under 1mb) but it is generally quite reliable.

quote:

I know Play Games has asked me to make a Gamer ID when opening a couple games (such as KoPP) but I never bothered with that on my previous phone. If I create an ID on my old device, then sign into it on the new device, I think that will move some things over?

I think the ID is more for leaderboards/multiplayer stuff so if the game supports Play Games cloud saves it should load them as long as you sign in with the same Google account.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 22, 2017

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Cool, picked up Crowntakers, the original Siralim bc it's free, Steven Universe Attack the Light, and reinstalled FF6 and Dimensions bc I realized I never completed them.

Thanks everyone!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Machine posted:

Cool, picked up Crowntakers, the original Siralim bc it's free, Steven Universe Attack the Light, and reinstalled FF6 and Dimensions bc I realized I never completed them.

Thanks everyone!

I think the first siralim is free in the sense that it is a demo. I'm pretty sure you have pay after a certain point.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

How is the Android version of XCOM? Is it the whole PC game or is it scaled down?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Foxhound posted:

How is the Android version of XCOM? Is it the whole PC game or is it scaled down?

It's pretty great. The single game-play affecting change is that they removed about half of the maps. Beyond that, graphics are weaker than on PC (duh) and many not plot-crucial cutscenes are removed (like those triggered by research completion). Controls are pretty solid.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Sounds interesting. Does it include Enemy Within or just the base game?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Foxhound posted:

Sounds interesting. Does it include Enemy Within or just the base game?

As far as I can remember, no EW

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

The Duggler posted:

As far as I can remember, no EW

There's a second release for Enemy Within:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tt2kgames.xcomew

It's pretty good, but I think that it's missing some cutscenes.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Foxhound posted:

Its great, not dumbed down at all. It looks like they just took all the textures off the stuff. If you like xcom its worth it.

You cant buy the base version anymore, or you couldn't, they removed it from store when they released EW, if you bought original you can find it in "My Apps" and still download it, but last I looked it wasn't in store.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

There's a second release for Enemy Within:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tt2kgames.xcomew

It's pretty good, but I think that it's missing some cutscenes.

Oh drat I didn't even realize this was a thing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm sure it just murders your battery though?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Yeah

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I assume there is no mod support in the Android version?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Like Platformers on your mobile device?

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/epic-platformers-mobile-bundle

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Any recommendations for a game the scratches the Puzzle and Dragons itch when I'm not playing PAD? War of Crown, Fantasy War Tactics, and Valkyrie Connect are all on my radar due to discussion in this forum.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

Any recommendations for a game the scratches the Puzzle and Dragons itch when I'm not playing PAD? War of Crown, Fantasy War Tactics, and Valkyrie Connect are all on my radar due to discussion in this forum.

The closest game that managed to capture the PAD spirit for me was Monster Strike https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.mixi.monsterstrikeUS I dunno if goons still play though. A fair number will probably say Gumballs & Dungeons https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qcplay.slimegogogo

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Depends on which aspect of PAD you like the most. For monster collecting and battling Fantasy War Tactics is good, since the battles can actually take some effort to play even if you ultimately still want to auto everything someday.

Summoners War is another great collecting/fighting/grinding game, it's less tactically oriented but you'll still want to manual your way through the toughest battles. It's really polished and you earn more and more free currency as you get higher level and better monsters, which is a huge difference compared to most games that shower you with premium currency and then dry up. Gives it big marks for playability in my opinion due to that.

Oh and neither game is worth rerolling in, which is another big plus.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

DemonMage posted:

Depends on which aspect of PAD you like the most. For monster collecting and battling Fantasy War Tactics is good, since the battles can actually take some effort to play even if you ultimately still want to auto everything someday.

Summoners War is another great collecting/fighting/grinding game, it's less tactically oriented but you'll still want to manual your way through the toughest battles. It's really polished and you earsn more and more free currency as you get higher level and better monsters, which is a huge difference compared to most games that shower you with premium currency and then dry up. Gives it big marks for playability in my opinion due to that.

Oh and neither game is worth rerolling in, which is another big plus.

FWT sounds good. I played Summoners War for a while and even picked it back up for a bit. I know this is going to sounds kind of funny coming from someone who likes PAD but SW felt like it was getting really grindy to me. Maybe I was just doing something won't because I didn't feel like I was progressing that much. Maybe I'll pick it back up and pop into the thread for some advice.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Spaceplan was a pretty big waste of money, can't recommend that one.

It's advertised as a clicker with an ending, which would be fine but the ending is pretty boring. I can see what the devs were going for, but it really fell flat for me.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On that note, what is the latest clicker hotness? My colleague keeps asking me for a new one to play. One with a defined ending that doesn't takes months, ideally.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Zombie Gunship Survival, the sequel to Zombie Gunship is out now combining the original's gameplay with Clash of Clans stuff like base building and deploying troops.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

Zombie Gunship Survival, the sequel to Zombie Gunship is out now combining the original's gameplay with Clash of Clans stuff like base building and deploying troops.

Whaaaa?

I loved blasting mysterious dark refugees out of an AC-130 and that buzz saw sound but upgrades too!?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

FWT sounds good. I played Summoners War for a while and even picked it back up for a bit. I know this is going to sounds kind of funny coming from someone who likes PAD but SW felt like it was getting really grindy to me. Maybe I was just doing something won't because I didn't feel like I was progressing that much. Maybe I'll pick it back up and pop into the thread for some advice.

I played Summoners War for about a year or so and stopped playing sometime last year so this might be a bit outdated. Before all else it is just another gatcha clone. It's probably one of the better ones though, with real, proper 3D graphics and good effects, mostly good monster design, fairly generous rewards and decent progression. They were starting to introduce QoL improvements that cut down on the more tedious moments around the time I stopped playing so it's probably better than I remember, but some of the grinding just took a lot longer than it had to. And you should be prepared to grind if you want to get anywhere near the endgame stuff. On the other hand there is always something to work towards, rarely does it feel like you waste your time when doing stuff in the game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like Skullgirls Mobile is rolling out today; it should be out in North America now with other countries to come in the next few hours. I was lucky enough to get in the beta a few months ago; the game is essentially Marvel Contest of Champions with really great 2D art but I still found it pretty fun.

Also out: this Magikarp game.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 24, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What would be everyone's top 3 games on Android? Three titles that, if you could only have that many on your phone, those would be them.

For me, I'd say it'd be

1. Sproggiwood
2. Dungeon Warfare
3. 80 Days

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
You forgot Shattered Pixel Dungeon

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Dungeon Warfare, the Sorcery series, King of Dragon Pass

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This Chroma Squad port is pretty great! I've been playing it the last few days and I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Only complaint as of now is that the menu for upgrading your studio is pretty much hosed and it's almost impossible to click on anything in that menu. Seems like a weird touchscreen bug that I assume will get fixed eventually.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

This Chroma Squad port is pretty great! I've been playing it the last few days and I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Only complaint as of now is that the menu for upgrading your studio is pretty much hosed and it's almost impossible to click on anything in that menu. Seems like a weird touchscreen bug that I assume will get fixed eventually.

Yeah I have the same issue. I just spend my action figure money on more dope rear end plastic swords.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What would be everyone's top 3 games on Android? Three titles that, if you could only have that many on your phone, those would be them.

1. Hearthstone
2. Shattered Pixel Dungeon
3. Minesweeper Collector

In-room Multi-player: Spaceteam.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Tunga posted:

On that note, what is the latest clicker hotness? My colleague keeps asking me for a new one to play. One with a defined ending that doesn't takes months, ideally.
Dunno about the latest, but have they played infinite growth?

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
In no particular order, King of Dragon Pass, Gumballs and Dungeons, Antiyoy, Hoplite. I'm sure there's more but

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

For me it would be:
1. Minesweeper Collector
2. Love Live! School Idol Festival because I am trapped in idol hell and it satisfies my rhythm game needs.
3. Tap Titans 2 because I like watching numbers go up and can do it with other goons.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

1. King of Dragon Pass
2. Day R
3. Fate Grand Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Top three :

Hearthstone
Polytopia
Sproggiwood
(if hearthstone doesn't count, crashlands)

explosivo posted:

Only complaint as of now is that the menu for upgrading your studio is pretty much hosed and it's almost impossible to click on anything in that menu. Seems like a weird touchscreen bug that I assume will get fixed eventually.

I have the same problem, but found an (ok) solution. If you open it, click the arrow to go to the second page of upgrades and then click back to the first page you can usually select upgrades again. But yeah, gotta imagine they're going to fix this first.