Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Iwata would have never let Mario Rabbids Kingdoms exist
he OK'd Mario Puzzle & Dragons

and putting the characters in Skylanders

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is NBA Playgrounds going to get patched to not take 10 minutes to load?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's nothing won't with Mario using a laser arm cannon. That's qualitatively different than a gun.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Game seems fine to me but if they show his tattoo then thats it im loving done.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

this game is going to have an xcom overwatch move except they're going to make a painfully unfunny joke about the game overwatch

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

A new Metroid game featuring Mario with an Arm Cannon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just port xcom2 to the Switch.

It's like the perfect platform for it.
10min trip on the train? Time for a quick round.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
People who own the NES30 pro, how good/bad is it? The 4 shoulder button layout looks a little odd but I'm strongly tempted to buy one.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's the 8bitdo controller's firmware that's been updated to support the switch, not the other way around

Someone could probably hack a firmware update for Wii U pro controllers but I doubt Nintendo's in any hurry to sell cheaper hardware.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mods rename me to 'Mario's canonical tattoo'

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
#damaged

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Look at their faces.

Mario and Peach: "WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT?!"

Bowser: "it fuckin' blows being a 900 lbs. turtle. Tired all the time. Like Peach is right here next to me and I couldn't care less. Easy pickings and all I can think about is naptime."

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
A neat thing I learned in D5:

When a character hits a certain level[?] and it unlocks it's new rank, it immediately changes to it. no more having to rebirth it into a higher tier or other nonsense.

I still need to find an early game grind spot so I can unlock more classes and get started making a Thief

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Just port xcom2 to the Switch.

It's like the perfect platform for it.
10min trip on the train? Time for a quick round.

they could be even lazier and just port Ogre Battle 64, FFA Tactics, and Tactics Ogre to the Switch.

I wish Ultra Street Fighter wasn't $40 because there's no way I'd pay more than 20 for that. Wasn't it like half of that years ago on the PS3?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DLC Inc posted:

I wish Ultra Street Fighter wasn't $40 because there's no way I'd pay more than 20 for that. Wasn't it like half of that years ago on the PS3?

Ultra is a Switch exclusive; it's never been on any other system.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

Course not, it'd get laughed at all the way into the bargain bin on PS4. Capcom's riding on the hopes of launch-year library anemia to get some sales.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jivjov posted:

come on dude it's using the same graphics as the HD remake. It's the same poo poo in a different pair of jeans.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nephzinho posted:

Is NBA Playgrounds going to get patched to not take 10 minutes to load?

Maybe after that dev gets around to finishing/fixing Halo Master Chief Collection. The fact that NBA Playgrounds still doesn't have online while it launched on the other two consoles with online is awful. If you are interested in the game, don't buy it on the Switch until the devs give it all the features other versions have. Lol at them saying online would be added a few days after release, been a few weeks now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dizz posted:

When a character hits a certain level[?] and it unlocks it's new rank, it immediately changes to it. no more having to rebirth it into a higher tier or other nonsense.

I still need to find an early game grind spot so I can unlock more classes and get started making a Thief

Character classes are mostly unlocked by leveling a subclass, and accepting the correct quest to go with it. Any character can level any subclass. Subclasses are used for stats doing a reincarnation somehow instead of stored levels. I haven't dug into it too much but from what I can tell you just level every subclass (this is not quick nor easy) and when you reincarnate once you will never have to again unless you want to for more chara world stuff.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DLC Inc posted:

come on dude it's using the same graphics as the HD remake. It's the same poo poo in a different pair of jeans.

*in extreme jivjov voice* technically it's different

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DLC Inc posted:

It has the same graphics but it really does seem to be substantially different balance-wise and pretty feature rich.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope the Rabbids game is a part of Ubisoft's presentation.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It has the same graphics but it really does seem to be substantially different balance-wise and pretty feature rich.

It looks really paltry coming out the same time as Injustice 2 and only slightly cheaper.

If you think SF on the switch looks good you are in denial.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It does look good. Just $20 too expensive.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The 360 version was like half the price and let you select versions of the characters from each SF2 they appeared in. This basically means you are paying more for less character options and Way of the Hadoo mode.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I hope the Rabbids game is a part of Ubisoft's presentation.

2017, the year a wave of angry fans stormed the stage while the developers tried to use Aisha Taylor as a shield as they fled.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

2017, the year a wave of angry fans stormed the stage while the developers tried to use Aisha Taylor as a shield as they fled.

I'm pretty sure she could palm slam any of the nerds at E3.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Violent Ken

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

El Burbo posted:

Violent Ken

*Is an American*

"Yup, checks out."

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dizz posted:

If you want to go real nuts early on, you can do what I definitely didn't do at all no sir and play straight to 2-1. Once you unlock 2-1, go to the store and buy about 500 unopened Sodas. Go to 2-1 and use them all on Killia while he stands on a 50% exp square. He'll level every 5 or so sodas you consume. You can also have a cleric heal him as he levels up to work on that class mastery, but I don't know if that particular class is required to unlock anything.

Once Killia is 188, you can now create level 150 characters at the recruiter. Make a 150 of pretty much everything. Priority though is getting your martial artist to level 2 mastery to unlock the thief. The thief is important because it has a skill called create box, and destroying the box rewards a poo poo ton more class EXP than killing monsters that you now outlevel by 145 levels. Each box kill or two will get you a star.

So...if you want to unlock every class as soon as you get to 2-1, that's a way to do it.

Don't judge me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weeping Wound posted:

canonically, has Mario ever seen a sword

If Smash Brothers is canon, he's seen a claymore

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm going to buy Street Fighter II for the insane asking price, sorry in advance.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

man nurse posted:

I'm going to buy Street Fighter II for the insane asking price, sorry in advance.

same... same

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's canon that Mario fucks, swears, drinks, and has a tattoo.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Going to laugh so hard when this Rabbids game turns out to be amazing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

El Burbo posted:

Violent Ken

Did this make more sense in Japanese or something?

In English this is the dumbest or laziest adjective to give a literal "street fighter"

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Bloop posted:

In English this is the dumbest or laziest adjective to give a literal "street fighter"

Of all the things that one could criticize about this game, that's what you're going to go with?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Ken is a good all American karate man with a wicked ponytail until he is brainwashed and turned evil. Makes sense to me

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's canon that Mario fucks, swears, drinks, and has a tattoo.

Mario would never say the gently caress word.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Yahoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

Evil Fluffy posted:

People who own the NES30 pro, how good/bad is it? The 4 shoulder button layout looks a little odd but I'm strongly tempted to buy one.
I have an FC30 pro. The Dpad/buttons work phenomenally for PuyoxTetris and Bomberman. The sticks were functional, but only barely for the few minutes in Zelda , but perfectly fine for the few minutes in Mario Kart.

• Locked thread