Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a character similar to D'vorah from MKX? I like to think I was pretty good with her, online and off, so she'd make an ideal starting point for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a character similar to D'vorah from MKX? I like to think I was pretty good with her, online and off, so she'd make an ideal starting point for me.

Blue Beetle has a projectile, stabby bug legs for attacks, a hover/fly move, and similar range. He doesn't have the bug fountain, though--that's with Atrocitus.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Calaveron posted:

I like the concept of the armors but I think Batman's gear looks the best and makes the most sense
GL's is also pretty cool shame he sucks poo poo

uuuuuuh, GL is awesome. There's a big difference between a character sucking poo poo and YOU sucking poo poo as said character.

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 25, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Carebearz posted:

uuuuuuh, GL is awesome

Yep. Watch the AI do some combos for ideas if you think he blows.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

does it take a long time to take a character to level 20?

About 1 1/2 hours or so, or about 120 matches. So not long at all. I have 11 characters at 20 so far.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

About 1 1/2 hours or so, or about 120 matches. So not long at all. I have 11 characters at 20 so far.

What are you doing to level?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Norns posted:

What are you doing to level?

I just like doing single fights against AI.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Single fights give a boatload of exp

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They give hardly any credits though. That said I have over 250,000 credits saved up so far for when I get all of my fighters to level 20, and then i'll spend it all on boxes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have almost a million credits and only 3 dudes at 20

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's pretty pointless to wait to spend your credits. You'll still get the same rarity spread of gear from low level boxes. Keep the epics, sell the rares and commons, and use the resulting regen tokens from selling them to regenerate the epics to level 20.

Meanwhile you'll be able to equip the gear you get from boxes as you level to make your dude stronger and levelling easier.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
There's also a tooltip on a loading screen that's says the gear us generated when you get the box, not when you open it and specifically tells you it's pointless to save them

Edit nm misread what you were saying

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 25, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Top tier for this scrublord:
Harley
Catwoman
Canary
Supergirl
Batman/Blue Beetle

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/867765053843537920

:flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dark Empire goons: Not a lot of people were doing Guild Multiverse so I sacrificed a bunch of trash to unlock much, much easier Guild Multiverse events for people to do. Importantly, easy Guild multiverse events that don't have random bullshit every round! Only had time to clear one event this evening but I'll probably go back this weekend and try to help clear more.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

is it Awesome Jason Todd Red Hood or lovely Joker Red Hood?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Awesome is not a word I would use to describe Jason Todd

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Carebearz posted:

is it Awesome Jason Todd Red Hood or lovely Joker Red Hood?

Uh ... it's Jason Todd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although a Joker Red Hood would be cool. Character power Cower, supermove Fall into Vat.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jimmy Hats posted:

Single fights give a boatload of exp

does difficulty matter?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

codenameFANGIO posted:

Uh ... it's Jason Todd.

You say that like Joker wasn't the original Red Hood, which he was

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Aphrodite posted:

Although a Joker Red Hood would be cool. Character power Cower, supermove Fall into Vat.

no super move but if you lose with a full meter, you fall off a railing into a vat and then become the Joker

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
How many weight/power tiers are there in this? I am polishing off the multiverse stories with Blue Beetle and have seen 2 new interactions, he rides the motorcycle in the batcave rather that bouncing off or throwing it and he did a spinny throw thing using the toilet in the prison area.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Kelp Plankton posted:

The other good news is you can just let your AI children fight for your entertainment, and not have to learn a fighting game to enjoy it

I thought about it, but I'd like to not feel like I'm randomly mashing buttons. I mean, 20+ years between fighting games is a long time, but it's fun as hell when you win. I went with Black Adam last night to do the first multiverse tutorial and it was good, although I had no idea what his moves and such were. I'm thinking I should stick with Batman for now just since he's the one in the tutorial and in the bit of story that I've done so far. Plus I'm still learning all the frame/punish/meter burn/etc stuff.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

a mysterious cloak posted:

I thought about it, but I'd like to not feel like I'm randomly mashing buttons. I mean, 20+ years between fighting games is a long time, but it's fun as hell when you win. I went with Black Adam last night to do the first multiverse tutorial and it was good, although I had no idea what his moves and such were. I'm thinking I should stick with Batman for now just since he's the one in the tutorial and in the bit of story that I've done so far. Plus I'm still learning all the frame/punish/meter burn/etc stuff.
All characters have a tutorial if that's your hangup.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Joker needs an OG Red Hood skin or gear.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Norns posted:

All characters have a tutorial if that's your hangup.

I did not know that, that will be hugely helpful!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Anime_Otaku posted:

How many weight/power tiers are there in this? I am polishing off the multiverse stories with Blue Beetle and have seen 2 new interactions, he rides the motorcycle in the batcave rather that bouncing off or throwing it and he did a spinny throw thing using the toilet in the prison area.

Should only be two: Super-powered and Non-superpowered

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Carebearz posted:

He's saying it like there's a picture attached.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
In a shocking twist it's actually the Arkham Knight

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Red Hood, a man who uses dual pistols, coming out just as people are upset about Deadshot in tourneys, is both hilarious and terrible lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I heard that red hood will also have a 3 startup frame low hitting teleport that's a combo starter and 1600 hp

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hup posted:

Joker needs an OG Red Hood skin or gear.

His oldschool Red Hood costume was pretty silly in the first game. In a good way

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I didn't want to believe it, I was hype for the green, but a buddy and I played a long set and we're pretty convinced that Swamp Thing is bad.

At range ducking beats everything he does. Vine grab and bio-fission (the second ST hitting you from behind) are both duckable and have a lot of recovery. Log kick does good chip, but the recovery is so bad that you can jump over it for a full punish on reaction. At closer range you can't react to it, but it's -14 on block so, yeah.

His only raw overheads are the no-range 20-frame 2 and f3. F3 has a long startup and really obvious animation, your opponent should be able to punish with b3MB or f3MB on reaction. Even if they block it, it's only +2 and Swampy is slow.

F233 (the club swing) is a great string, it's fast, long range, and hits mid-overhead-overhead, but you have no way to get any real damage out of it. F21 hits mid-low, but its quite a bit slower than the overhead option, so an opponent familiar with it can fuzzy guard it, more importantly it doesn't give you a combo and switches sides, making it harder to corner your opponent. You can cancel the first two hits into log kick for a surprise low, but again you only get the one hit of damage and its -14 on block. If you can condition your opponent to crouch with these lovely options, then you can actually get a combo off f23bf3MB, but if you're relying on the f23 overhead to open them up then you can't hitconfirm it and have to commit to spending meter on the unsafe bf3MB.

B223 (the spike shoulder) is another great string, hits mid-mid-mid, is fairly fast, can be hitconfirmed into a combo (either by canceling into bf3MB b3 or the difficult link into f2), and is +6 on block! Unfortunately it doesn't leave you close enough or have enough frame advantage to threaten the 2 overhead or command grab.

If you can corner your opponent then he actually has some real stuff with the threat of command grab and trait setups, but getting to that point is just an awful slog. Theoretically if you could set up his trait midscreen he'd have some interesting options, but the startup on it is long, it goes away if you get hit, and even if you do get it out you have to actually force your opponent into it.

I really want to like the character, a lot of his tools are fun, but I just don't know what the hell is gameplan is supposed to be.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

DLC Inc posted:

Red Hood, a man who uses dual pistols, coming out just as people are upset about Deadshot in tourneys, is both hilarious and terrible lol

Okay but Red Hood is Cool and Good and Deadshot is not.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard we'll be able to vote for people who main Jason Todd to be murdered by the Joker.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Didn't know that Scott Lobdell had so many accounts on SA.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Dark Empire goons: Not a lot of people were doing Guild Multiverse so I sacrificed a bunch of trash to unlock much, much easier Guild Multiverse events for people to do. Importantly, easy Guild multiverse events that don't have random bullshit every round! Only had time to clear one event this evening but I'll probably go back this weekend and try to help clear more.

I haven't had a chance to play much aside from making the AI fight and accepting guild apps. I plan on playing this weekend though and attempting some guild stuff.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Carebearz posted:

:geno: Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jimmy Hats posted:

I heard that red hood will also have a 3 startup frame low hitting teleport that's a combo starter and 1600 hp

Are you a markov chain built from NRS patch notes?

• Locked thread