Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm kind of sad we probably won't get to see Zod vs Superman as a story in Injustice. It would be awesome to see Zod as a Hero saving earth from Superman's reign of terror.

Perhaps in 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

DLC Inc posted:

I see they were thinking about using the supremely scary "post-facerip" Joker there.
I can't be the only one who thinks current Joker is the lamest most vanilla version of him, right?

Danlee
Dec 7, 2009
Hey could I get into Goonrilla Grodd? In as yourhotstepdad

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm I think catwomans reviving thing has to do with having a full meter don't understand it though

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 26, 2017

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oh man Prometheus would be sick

I need joker gear that gets rid of his dumb turtle shell, because I really like playing him but kind of hate looking at him half the time

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

How does Joker not have a piece of gear that is just a proper suit.

Like goddamn Jack, you don't have a six-pack, no one wants to see your pasty-rear end stomach.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized reskinning armor to look like different armor costs way too much of the in-game currency. My poor Catwoman is stuck looking like poo poo until I get a nicer looking epic hoodie. Really enjoying playing her, and watching the AI play her I'm relieved I'm not to only one having trouble getting her super to land. She gets a lot more mileage out of meter burn at least, so I probably shouldn't worry too much.

Right now I'm rolling around with Batman, Blue Beetle, and Catwoman, but I've been trying to give Poison Ivy and Bane a shot. Poison Ivy mostly because her tutorial was incredibly easy to get through/slightly easier to input combos.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cursed specials is the most annoying mod

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Having full character doesn't do the trick either for cat woman reincarnation hmmmm

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DLC Inc posted:

Prometheus, Constantine, loving Etrigan. God damnit. If we had these guys cut for loving Raiden and Enchantress that will suck big time.

I see they were thinking about using the supremely scary "post-facerip" Joker there.

I think that anyone who wasn't at IJ1 on that screenshot has a decent shot of being DLC now.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

If Constantine's gear is just increasingly fancier coats and ties then I mean this is clearly the greatest game of all time and I might die

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Constantine confirmed?

Buying tomorrow.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I just realized reskinning armor to look like different armor costs way too much of the in-game currency. My poor Catwoman is stuck looking like poo poo until I get a nicer looking epic hoodie. Really enjoying playing her, and watching the AI play her I'm relieved I'm not to only one having trouble getting her super to land. She gets a lot more mileage out of meter burn at least, so I probably shouldn't worry too much.

Right now I'm rolling around with Batman, Blue Beetle, and Catwoman, but I've been trying to give Poison Ivy and Bane a shot. Poison Ivy mostly because her tutorial was incredibly easy to get through/slightly easier to input combos.

If you play vs other people your gear doesn't matter and you can dress however you want!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
I forget, but when you agree to the Competitive Mode thing when in Player Match/Rooms, it disables gear stats but does it also nullify your added abilities? (the purple slots)

KOMI fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 26, 2017

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I'd assume so.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yep competitive is also no added abilities.

Also made up another vid, this is all the tick throw setups for Bane and swamp thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utITyRTxI_o

Keep in mind you are canceling into your grab on block, if it hits it will whiff(except for one for swamp thing). Idea is when you know they are gonna block you can still get em locked down with a string, and provoke a reaction of backdash/jump.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

How does Joker not have a piece of gear that is just a proper suit.

Like goddamn Jack, you don't have a six-pack, no one wants to see your pasty-rear end stomach.

He has at least one with a shirt. Its loving awesome.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Just had to Wade through a heap of applications to Goonrilla Grodd, make sure you're using the proper nomenclature to alert me to goonhood

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

If Constantine's gear is just increasingly fancier coats and ties then I mean this is clearly the greatest game of all time and I might die

I was thinking fancier cigarettes rather than coats. If you make your own they make really expensive fancy looking tubes - for a premium of course, so I never buy them and just stick with cheap and what works.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

Constantine confirmed?

Buying tomorrow.

Source? That would be great Zatanna was in the last game (who I loved but could never master). - and as far as I know no one had any qualms about Constantine.

Edit: Ugh again was supposed to be edit and not a new post.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Applied to Dark Empire, PSN Lofty132

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Empress Brosephine posted:

What's a good Green Lanterns comic in starting to like them

just read Blackest Night/Brightest Day, it centers around Lantern Corp fuckery, and involves not only all the different Lantern Corps, but you get to see other DC characters become lanterns as well. I believe Hal Jordan goes from Green to Red, to Blue+Green, Orange, maybe Yellow, then White, then back to Green

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

hup posted:

So do they ever explain why the Joker's alive? Is it in the comic? Should I even give a poo poo?

This game takes place in the alternate universe from the first game, where Joker is dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Having full character doesn't do the trick either for cat woman reincarnation hmmmm

It's an ability unlock called Nine Lives. You need full Scratch for it to trigger and it replaces using Scratch for an attack.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It makes me extremely sad that there is no Solomon Grundy in this game. His combo system being built around different stanzas was really cool, and his super armor made people extremely tilted online.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
To his credit, he has the single best assist power in the entirety of the Multiverse mode. It's an instant low-hitting fullscreen stun (Pretty much his meter burned leg grabbing thing from the last game)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

HebrewMagic posted:

Just had to Wade through a heap of applications to Goonrilla Grodd, make sure you're using the proper nomenclature to alert me to goonhood

Is "Sup goons?!?!?!" the proper nomenclature? I might have been high on ambien last night when I was playing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I guess they could always give Bane a Solomon Grundy premiere skin? The animations wouldn't be entirely out of place and the "venom" effects could just be the poison swamp gas poo poo he had around him in the previous game. It wouldn't be the same moves but it'd be a realistic swap.

for the record I always loving hated the input timeframes for his chain throws and they never seemed to work 100% of the time. Idk if there is a better way to do it but I guess it wasn't popular because nobody else has that mechanic now.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Just finished the story. No random Depeche Mode this time? :(

Also whoever said Braniac is as hard as MK9 Shao Kahn is insane. Pretty much everything Kahn did had like 5 frames of armor and he could destroy you in a second. Braniac is marginally stronger than a regular character.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

PantsBandit posted:

It makes me extremely sad that there is no Solomon Grundy in this game. His combo system being built around different stanzas was really cool, and his super armor made people extremely tilted online.

I know what you meant but I would love a stanza-based character. Maybe William Shakespeare

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Blast Fantasto posted:

Just finished the story. No random Depeche Mode this time? :(

Also whoever said Braniac is as hard as MK9 Shao Kahn is insane. Pretty much everything Kahn did had like 5 frames of armor and he could destroy you in a second. Braniac is marginally stronger than a regular character.

Yeah Brainiac was pretty drat easy. Not Shinnok/Superman easy but still :sad:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

His big cyber dick worm surprised me once by taking half my life

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just lol if you let him press buttons

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Just lol if you let him press buttons

Sorry I don't have precognition

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Norns posted:

Sorry I don't have precognition

In fighting games it's called "reads"

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

In this case it's just pressing buttons to make Braniac block instead of giving him time to do his stupid worm thing

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Flinger posted:

In fighting games it's called "reads"

Yes. I wasn't aware that he would summon a giant cyber dick because I had never seen him fight.

It hit me once. It's okay

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Japanese word for reading the brainiac of your opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

codenameFANGIO posted:

Constantine needs a special that's just Chas ramming his cab into the enemy

• Locked thread