Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Maybe it's all about damaging social democracy? By trying to force countries to increase their defense spending, it means they have to spend less on other stuff. Time to teach those Eurocommies a lesson!!!!

Furnaceface posted:

For the last time no, Canada will not buy those F35s. :argh:

I have a friend in the Canadian military who says they're good planes tho :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Please don't post Nazi propaganda. :(

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

There Bias Two posted:

Please don't post Nazi propaganda. :(

this is what gbs believes

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh, you mean like GBS SA right now

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

I know the Trumps are dumb as gently caress about this whole NATO thing, but isn't one of the things that European NATO members are supposed to contribute is a working infrastructure in case we need to quickly send the army over there, and such an infrastructure would be used in peace time as roads and poo poo?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

NATO and the UN is the work of a 100 years worth of American Foreign diplomacy to achieve global dominance. Trump tearing it all down to shake down allies is the most lol thing ever.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

I have a friend in the Canadian military who says they're good planes tho :shrug:

The Canadian military is notoriously dumb and the F35 engines cant fly in cold weather.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Furnaceface posted:

The Canadian military is notoriously dumb and the F35 engines cant fly in cold weather.

Maybe that's why more money is needed for defense, to dedumb the military?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Low Desert Punk posted:

this is what gbs believes

Didn't know SA still stood for Sturmabteilung.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

This should just be the national anthem for now on.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Lightning Lord posted:

Maybe that's why more money is needed for defense, to dedumb the military?

If Trump has taught us anything, it's that money can buy an education, but it can't buy intelligence.

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 27, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Maybe it's a personal habit, like he thinks giving out his personal number is some kind of token of grace, ahh, you're in the inner circle, let's talk deals.

Yeah this is probably it, good call.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Does it ever get better?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/868533822727622656
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868538730465943552
https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/868543191737221120

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Lightning Lord posted:

Maybe it's all about damaging social democracy? By trying to force countries to increase their defense spending, it means they have to spend less on other stuff. Time to teach those Eurocommies a lesson!!!!

They'll be good planes for certain purposes, but really loving expensive and not well-suited to what Canada actually needs in a modern fighter aircraft.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Crain posted:

He fails to understand what NATO is, how it works, and what the USA gets out of the deal on a fundamental level.

Yeah, this. Stop assigning rational motives to Trump. He's an email forward given limbs and a maw.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Does it ever get better?

Fascism never wins. It always gets better.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, this. Stop assigning rational motives to Trump. He's an email forward given limbs and a maw.

Is greed a rational motive?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They'll be good planes for certain purposes, but really loving expensive and not well-suited to what Canada actually needs in a modern fighter aircraft.

Namely, two engines, because 95% of Canada is a vast ice-covered hellhole that you really don't want to have to rescue a pilot from.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Which is...nothing?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Eh, they have to scare off Russian incursions every now and then.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Well that's infuriating. I knew Trump's stupid infrastructure plan was going to be a euphemism for strip mining public assets.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Low Desert Punk posted:

Fascism never wins. It always gets better.

A lot of dead people would say otherwise

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Low Desert Punk posted:

So, just to get my alt-right talking points straight, the new thing is that Obama had a secret back channel to Iran so it makes what Kushner did okay?

I think their talking points are actually:

OBAMA!
Shillary!
EMAILS!
Set Rich!
(((people)))!
Aliens!
Secret Muslim!
Birther anyway!
Benghazi!
Gorilla semen!
Illuminati!
Pagan rituals!
Devil!
Rebel flag!
Quick, look over there!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FizFashizzle posted:

Which is...nothing?

Twin engine long range cold proofed, home built interceptors is what we need, but nobody wants to give Dassault a contract. Meanwhile India got Dassault to build them an entire assembly line for Rafales

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Autism Sneaks posted:

If Trump has taught us anything, it's that money can buy an education, but it can't but intelligence.

:perfect:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Furnaceface posted:

I wouldn't even call it that. At least not in the sense of "I'm getting paid". At the least it's some remnant of greed that's just driving him to make others pay, not to get himself paid, on principle.

Crain fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 27, 2017

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Apparently this photo is from just after the walk - they were walking 700 yards to a traditional spot for a group photo.

Look at his face. Jesus.

I love how 2/3rds of the group is squished into the right half of the photo away from Trump.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

If anything that Trump does has any rhyme or reason to it, it might be Trump berating NATO allies for supposedly not meeting the guideline for defense spending.

It's possible that he's dumb enough to think they actually owe the U.S. money. But I suspect more likely the goal is just to poo poo on NATO and weaken the alliance and put more distance between the U.S. and Europe.

Mission accomplished. And Putin couldn't be happier. This might be one of the only things where Trump had an objective, even if it's really Putin's objective, and actually did something to accomplish that objective.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Furnaceface posted:

Theoretically sure, but Trump doesn't even understand what he wants or what he's asking for. He's just spitting out phrases because they got cheers at rallies. The mechanism is pavlovian, not rational.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Something I've noticed - r/the_donald seems to have disappeared off the front page of reddit entirely since they went private/came back. I think they've finally lost their momentum from a combination of that event and the constant undeniable bad news about the administration.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

RandomBlue posted:

I think their talking points are actually:

OBAMA!
Shillary!
EMAILS!
Set Rich!
(((people)))!
Aliens!
Secret Muslim!
Birther anyway!
Benghazi!
Gorilla semen!
Illuminati!
Pagan rituals!
Devil!
Rebel flag!
Quick, look over there!

tag yourself, I'm gorilla semen

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Apoplexy posted:

A reminder: This loving retard said that POLITICALLY-CORRECT THOUGHT POLICE were the #1 threat in America.

As Nazis literally murder people left and right.

Can you BE any more of a whiny, white, privileged piece of loving poo poo?

Also he's still bitching about them changing aerosol cans in the 80's or 90's because they were destroying the environment, even though the new cans work perfectly well. Also, he apparently thinks is home is airtight and wouldn't let the chemicals out but somehow he still manages not to suffocate.

Someone else posted this a day or two ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEa1jhWjss&hd=1

The aerosol can is pretty much a poster boy for fixing environmental issues without much (any?) long-term negative economic or personal impact. I think the only better example is when detergents had to switch from phosphates to enzymes and it made them better.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm a sexy pagan ritual for consenting adults.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Something I've noticed - r/the_donald seems to have disappeared off the front page of reddit entirely since they went private/came back. I think they've finally lost their momentum from a combination of that event and the constant undeniable bad news about the administration.

TD never had momentum. All they had was a bunch of bots creating and upvoting the same brokebrain content over and over.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh, you mean like GBS right now

And just like how 100ish FYAD posters managed to drive this site into the shitter because they got upset they couldn't use the N word in GBS and D&D

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Do you think this Russia stuff is ruining the lives of Jared Kushner (and in turn Ivanka) and Donald Trump? How about Pence? I hope they're absolutely miserable all the time.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

RandomBlue posted:

Also he's still bitching about them changing aerosol cans in the 80's or 90's because they were destroying the environment, even though the new cans work perfectly well. Also, he apparently thinks is home is airtight and wouldn't let the chemicals out but somehow he still manages not to suffocate.

Someone else posted this a day or two ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEa1jhWjss&hd=1

The aerosol can is pretty much a poster boy for fixing environmental issues without much (any?) long-term negative economic or personal impact. I think the only better example is when detergents had to switch from phosphates to enzymes and it made them better.

Unleaded gas should get at least an honorable mention.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

TD never had momentum. All they had was a bunch of bots creating and upvoting the same brokebrain content over and over.

Well yeah, that's what I meant, basically. But something about that broke after they went private and now whatever they're doing isn't enough to keep them on the front page. That or the admins finally stepped in and quietly shut down the bots or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Do you think this Russia stuff is ruining the lives of Jared Kushner (and in turn Ivanka) and Donald Trump? How about Pence? I hope they're absolutely miserable all the time.

Mike 'obey all orders without question' Pence is too dumb and too obsessed with flaunting his own authoritarianism to care that much, I think.

• Locked thread