Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
About the same as the odds that the son will come up this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

value-brand cereal posted:

What are the odds it's an incest thing, and baby bro has jerked off into his sisters undies?

Jerking off is one thing he might be doing with his sister's underwear.

quote:

When I came home, a bunch of my stuff was missing. Stuff like my perfume, some clothes and lotion.

quote:

He was in the kitchen when she arrived, so I answered the door. And it was like looking in a mirror... After she left, I asked my brother if he had noticed how much she and I look alike. He rolled his eyes and told me that I was just being weird.

But if he was dressing his girlfriend up in them, I think that might actually be creepier

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

fruit on the bottom posted:

About the same as the odds that the son will come up this morning.

Freudian

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Autocorrect, but so apropos that don't want to change it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
a blood relative: why won't you let me defend your vagina from consensual intercourse?!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Got involved with creepy craigslist man (pics for $) now FBI are investigating. Do parents have to find out? Also will I get in trouble for evidence of drug use they may find when searching my phone?

LMAO, holy poo poo. How loving whitebread/retarded do you have to be to be talking to the FBI without a lawyer, and handing over evidence of dealing drugs & pimping out your underage friends for CP, and your biggest worry is that their parents will find out? I would love to be a fly on the wall for the sentencing phase.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dead Reckoning posted:

LMAO, holy poo poo. How loving whitebread/retarded do you have to be to be talking to the FBI without a lawyer, and handing over evidence of dealing drugs & pimping out your underage friends for CP, and your biggest worry is that their parents will find out? I would love to be a fly on the wall for the sentencing phase.

lol yeah almost like 17 year olds aren't the smartest people on the planet or something

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Dead Reckoning posted:

I give it even odds of the dude just pretending to be an FBI agent to convince her to meet with him.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
that lady is lucky to be alive.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

Jerking off is one thing he might be doing with his sister's underwear.

But if he was dressing his girlfriend up in them, I think that might actually be creepier

:stare: good thing she decided to move out and go to the police, I don't think she would have liked the Norman Bates endgame here

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dead Reckoning posted:

$10 says the "FBI" agent is just one of this dude's friends and they're getting scammed.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

PleasingFungus posted:

[UPDATE] My [22F] younger brother [19M] has been acting strangely possessive of me and is accusing me of being jealous of his girlfriend when I confront him about it

This reminds me of the vegetable rapist story where it turns out the weird dude in her life is actually totally insane and a serial abuser. It's really sad and depressing and I hope OP's brother suffers some heavy consequences for what he did. :smith:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This reminds me of the vegetable rapist story where it turns out the weird dude in her life is actually totally insane and a serial abuser. It's really sad and depressing and I hope OP's brother suffers some heavy consequences for what he did. :smith:

Yeah she should take her dad's lawyer and put the screws to her brother imo, he's earned it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Jason Sextro posted:

Yeah she should take her dad's lawyer and put the screws to her brother imo, he's earned it

Or at least get some court ordered counseling, dude is only 19 and might be able to get his life back on track before ends up killing a woman.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

dudeness posted:

Oops totally missed that the unschooling post was done before.

Me [23F] with my SO [23M] of 3 years claims he is now possessed by a demon and is acting a bit weird

I'm thinking brain tumor or head trauma with the "pressure in the right side of his head" thing and personality changes.

It's also possible that the ritual OP's BF went to could have been expressly planned for him, and this was the intended result. Bind a daemon to your noggin to provide co-processing power/positive thinking/whatever. It seems like an interesting method of getting your poo poo together.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
What's in it for the demon though?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

It gets pretty dull in hell, I imagine.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

guy becomes a well-adjusted, successful stockbroker

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
ahahahahahahahaaaaa

Me [22M] and friend [20M] are touring Europe and I'm starting to wish I came alone

quote:

Friend and I decided to tour Europe for a few weeks and it's been mostly a blast. But we have some critical differences in how we view the world that are starting to really grate on my nerves. I feel bad because I'm finding it almost impossible to be friendly with him any more.

He is very Internet-savvy and semi-ironically subscribes to the belief that most people are "normies" who are always being "basic" and doing stupid, pointless things. He's not as much of an rear end in a top hat as he sounds, really, but he's just very antisocial.

What kills me is that he thinks it's "cringey" to take things seriously. We tour some massive, ancient cathedral and he's making jokes about "eh, it's alright" "yo look at Jesus, he doesn't give a gently caress" "what do you think would happen if I just drank the holy water?" Part of me appreciates his constant skepticism; our mutual ability to take everything lightly is what made us good friends. But when I'm in the Sistine Chapel I really just want to appreciate it and marvel at the artwork.

When it's 10:00pm in London, I want to go to pubs and meet people. But everyone at pubs is a stupid normy and drinking is so cringey and basic. Even if I convince him to go, he wears a dirty pair of baggy shorts, a white tee shirt, doesn't shave, has terrible bed-head, orders water because "beer is gross", is painfully socially awkward and spends the whole time quietly making fun of everyone. I'll note that he goes to the gym and is reasonably attractive, but is so socially unaware that he's completely unapproachable.

He really doesn't understand why I'm not partaking in his constant joking anymore and why every evening I'm bored out of my mind. I can tell he's starting to get desperate because he's always glued to my side and endlessly trying to be ironic. At home, we mostly talked for a few hours at a time over Skype while playing video games, so he's not used to the "normie" side of me. I feel bad because he's clearly starting to feel isolated and confused, and he tell I'm disappointed in every social situation but doesn't get why.

But I want to enjoy Europe! I want to act like an adult and experience the culture! I want to marvel at artwork without having to make sarcastic jokes about it. I want to go out drinking and not feel guilty for being generic. I want to have positive experiences with new people, instead of confusing them with ultra-negative irony and Twitch/4Chan references

he clearly has self-confidence issues but I don't know how to enjoy this trip the way I want to without hurting his feelings. If I try to go do something alone he's going to be shocked and confused and will just sit alone in the Airbnb all day

TL;DR

Internet-culture friend is too ironic to sincerely enjoy our Europe trip or meet new people. I don't know how to enjoy myself without hurting his feelings, he thinks I have the same views as him and is confused as to why I'm acting like a "normie"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

ahahahahahahahaaaaa

Me [22M] and friend [20M] are touring Europe and I'm starting to wish I came alone

I'm permabanned user normiestomper420 and I went to Europe with my cringey friend and he wanted to go to pubs all the time and not be ironic what the hell

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ahahahahahahahaaaaa

This describes wayyyy too many people now

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Normies have caught on to the irony thing, it's cool to be sincere again.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ahahahahahahahaaaaa

one nice thing about europe is you can get an overnight train to pretty much anywhere pretty cheap, he should ditch his friend and finish the trip alone

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i've actually done all my vacations alone, and really enjoyed it, am i antisocial?

i'd usually meet people in the hostels to hang out with but some days i'd just go to a museum alone and it was pret--t-t-y good

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've done the same, it's fun in Europe esp. if you're into art history and none of your other friends give a poo poo about it, otherwise it's sort of unfair to them anyway.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
the idea that showing any emotion other than disdainful indifference is lame has been around for a long time now, and it has xtremely sucked for 100% of that time

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the idea that showing any emotion other than disdainful indifference is lame has been around for a long time now, and it has xtremely sucked for 100% of that time

"You am try too hard! Caring only make everyone laugh!"

No! Am culture and progress!

*weight of collective scorn shatters my entire tribe*

Me am try too hard!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

maskenfreiheit posted:

i've actually done all my vacations alone, and really enjoyed it, am i antisocial?

i'd usually meet people in the hostels to hang out with but some days i'd just go to a museum alone and it was pret--t-t-y good

Antisocial means more like exploitative, mean to people, mean and/or aggressive and manipulative to your gain and their detriment. that's what antisocial personality disorder is (kinda).

You sound like you just enjoy alone time, which is fine and normal.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
sometimes i wish i was one of those deaf mutes

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Me [30 M] with my Wife [32 F] Am I wrong to feel this way?

quote:

I feel pretty upset / like a total slap in the face and here's why.

I have spent plenty of money on Lingerie and my wife always declines to wear it. Says its to small or she is to big. She refuses any sort of sexy time fun photos even with the offer of not having her face show due to privacy concerns or them ending up on the internet.

Her idea of a gift for me was a very (like $500+ when I asked her) expensive boudoir photoshoot / photo book.

In my mind she has now worn several outfits for some random person to photograph her in. To then share these photos with other people in order to create a photobook and has no control of the images now that someone has taken them.

This whole gift just seems like a lovely slap in the face. Am I wrong to think this way?

tl;dr Wife has totally missed the mark on this gift.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

I think it sorta depends, like if you travel with your SO and you're both on the same page it's good. If you're the kind of person to travel with a whole group of friends/family and huddle yourself into an isolated bubble then it's p much a waste and you might as well just gone to domestic beaches instead, but then you can't constantly talk about how enlightening your trip to spain was for the next 6 months so maybe it's worth the extra fees.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

I think it sorta depends, like if you travel with your SO and you're both on the same page it's good. If you're the kind of person to travel with a whole group of friends/family and huddle yourself into an isolated bubble then it's p much a waste and you might as well just gone to domestic beaches instead, but then you can't constantly talk about how enlightening your trip to spain was for the next 6 months so maybe it's worth the extra fees.

i've never actually had a long term SO am i antisocial

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [30 M] with my Wife [32 F] Am I wrong to feel this way?

I can sort of understand the emotional issue this dude is having but the reality is that as long as she found a professional photographer that person couldn't give a gently caress about her state of dress and is way too focused on everything that goes into a good photo to be ogling his wife.

If anything it's a great gift cause she actually gets to look good in the pictures rather than homemade stuff that makes her feel even more self conscious as it highlights all the features she's sensitive about.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

i've never actually had a long term SO am i antisocial

I dunno, maybe, I feel like in 2017 it's surprisingly hard to connect with people and maintain longlasting relationships because it's so easy to just abandon ship if the waters are lookin even a little choppy. P much the exact opposite problem posts in this thread are about.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The internet is a heavily-tinted lens through which to view human interaction. Not a great sample for assessing how relationships should work.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno, maybe, I feel like in 2017 it's surprisingly hard to connect with people and maintain longlasting relationships because it's so easy to just abandon ship if the waters are lookin even a little choppy. P much the exact opposite problem posts in this thread are about.

Yeah, part of it was that I was a late bloomer, and once I actually started working out and not dressing like a putz, I still had issues to work through. Also, I was super career focused in grad school.

OTOH, I've had friends who stayed in crappy relationships way too long because sex is fun and being lonely isn't. Is it really more admirable to go out for a year than it is to go out for a month or two then stop because you see the writing on the wall?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

It's also easier to see that choppiness, for better or worse, due to people's lives typically being made much more visible.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
life is also more uncertain now... i spent a large chunk of grad school looking for a way out, which meant traveling to a lot of conferences and doing summers away. it's harder to look for something long term when you don't know what the future holds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

life is also more uncertain now... i spent a large chunk of grad school looking for a way out, which meant traveling to a lot of conferences and doing summers away. it's harder to look for something long term when you don't know what the future holds

I had this exact thing, like several solid relationships of mine ended entirely because I had no roots and so when one of us graduated or found a job it was like "well do we try to make this work or do we just part ways?" and the latter was so much easier.

I think if I had the option to just go college->job->family in same area and it was more consistent I woulda probably had kids years ago. Not that I'm unhappy with my situation just even my first job after grad school was technically temporary with a "well we mayyyyyy hire you after after your post position ends, but honestly why would we cause gov pays half the salary of people like you".