Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RandomBlue posted:

I love how 2/3rds of the group is squished into the right half of the photo away from Trump.

I love how without his weekly spray tans he's as white as a loving sheet. He isn't gonna make it four years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twitter Trump will be back. The White House staff actually did as good a job as they could protecting and limiting him from embarrassing himself too bad this trip so it's largely just small memes and poo poo and not some massive gaffe replaying on every news hour. But when he gets home it's back to his routine and theyve shown they can't control him.

It's just a question of how long it takes him to recover from the trip and catch up on the news. Old Man Trump gonna crash hard.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Is this him being so exhausted now that he is just quitting? Or is this solely the dementia? It boggles my mind that no one in his inner circle is able to wrangle him in or tell him what needs to be done. Now even more work will need to be done to catch up on what was said when he shoots his opinion on Africa later.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Hastings posted:

Is this him being so exhausted now that he is just quitting? Or is this solely the dementia? It boggles my mind that no one in his inner circle is able to wrangle him in or tell him what needs to be done. Now even more work will need to be done to catch up on what was said when he shoots his opinion on Africa later.

3 months without sex is taking its toll on him, if he even remembers what his penis really is.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Flesh Forge posted:

He doesn't even have the most basic table manners or general etiquette :shrug:

Who holds hands with a lady like this? Teenagers in high school on their first date know better than this poo poo.

That's because he needed support because he's loving scared of stairs....that's right, stairs

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He never cared about any of that poo poo and tbh Stephen Miller probably told him it'd look good to his voters if he made it obvious he was ignoring Africa (which it will).

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

That's because he needed support because he's loving scared of stairs....that's right, stairs

It just occurred to me that in the next 3.5 years we have a very good chance of seeing Trump fall down a flight of stairs. It cheered me up.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

twice burned ice posted:

This might be my breaking point.

I need some time away from this poo poo show.

I mean... how can you possibly think this is appropriate, sane, and not absurdly laughable?

I just can't

Why? This is pure, un-distilled Trump. All his life that's how he made decisions "How much money will it make for me"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SocketWrench posted:

His father probably tossed him down a flight or two as a child.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Trabisnikof posted:

I doubt someone punching him once would have stopped the Nazi murderer in Portland.

Most people drop like a sack of potatoes if they get blindsided by someone with even average strength. Though if someone had cold-cocked the Nazi I'm sure they'd have been charged with assault even though beating the poo poo out of Nazis should earn you a cash prize.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

See? This shits why you punch them. They'd rather post a picture on Twitter than fight back. These shits aren't your real Nazis like stabby stab up there anyway. Real Nazis shoot (or stab) people.

Trust me, I'm idahoan I know my Nazi.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

There Bias Two posted:

His father probably tossed him down a flight or two as a child.

Or atleast pushed his pregnant wife down them

I wish SNL would have made a big thing out of it. It'd be hysterical watching Baldwin playing Trump trying to negotiate his way over some steps

V Wow, Fox is really melting down. I guess one good thing came out of a Trump presidency

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 27, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/868565803410567168

PLEASE BE TRUE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hastings posted:

He's not going to quit, he's just going to stop presidenting. It's not like anyone can force him to do either of those things.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Crabtree posted:

3 months without sex is taking its toll on him, if he even remembers what his penis really is.

What do you mean three months without sex? Ivanka is with him 24/7.

..oh right, we're still pretending Melania loves him.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Doesn't he still have his radio show?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Instant Sunrise posted:

Doesn't he still have his radio show?

Any shrinking of his influence is a good thing

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Thinking about that "it makes liberals mad" motivation a lot of his fans have, and seeing them flip out over this, it's :kiss:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In the short term, might this further radicalize a portion of right wing viewers? moving away from FOX to INFOWARS or whatever O'Reilly/Hannity concoct?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rinkles posted:

In the short term, might this further radicalize a portion of right wing viewers? moving away from FOX to INFOWARS or whatever O'Reilly/Hannity concoct?

How much more radicalized could they really get in terms of ideology?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Hastings posted:

What do you mean three months without sex? Ivanka is with him 24/7.

..oh right, we're still pretending Melania loves him.

Can I be honest with you all? I can't loving tell the difference between these Trump spawn.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rinkles posted:

They might, but its still gonna weaken their signal. Imagine your grandparents trying to figure out how to start downloading podcasts or navigating new websites. Some of them will be able to, but a lot of them will just give up in frustration and keep watching whoever fox replaces him with.

There is a reason why O'Reily doesn't have the same impact anymore

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It may, for a few, but I think it's like herd immunity: the more sickies there are, the more sickies there will be. Having that kind of ultra extreme right wing poo poo on a very popular news outlet only serves to make the extreme poo poo ever more popular. Stuff it back in AM radio or better yet, shame all the advertisers there too so it's unprofitable.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Crabtree posted:

But Ivanka is right down the hall in the WH?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868579052331966469

I personally doubt we'll hear anything solid until after the holiday.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

https://i.imgur.com/gyIB8T1.gifv

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Lou Dobbs and Hannity have been unsubtly encouraging violence on their shows for a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOGI1urkKqY&t=82s

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Alex Jones is a level beyond FOX, and the former hosts (assuming this news is true) might reach new lows, unrestrained by what low standards the station held them accountable to.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Camel Camus posted:

It would be sort of like someone predicting World War 3's imminence in 1973 because World War I happened, was followed by a boom then a depression, World War 2 happened, was followed by a boom then a recession.

Change 1973 to "sometime soon" and this is literally what Bannon believes. :laugh:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Alex Jones is a level beyond FOX, and the former hosts (assuming this news is true) might reach new lows, unrestrained by what low standards the station held them accountable to.

but their access to people will drop way off. Used to be there were tweets flying around every few days of 'Bill O'reilly said WHAAAAT?!' but I haven't heard a thing about him since he was fired.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rinkles posted:

It seems like the Murdoch kids are deliberately trying to moderate the networks' image

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

It may, for a few, but I think it's like herd immunity: the more sickies there are, the more sickies there will be. Having that kind of ultra extreme right wing poo poo on a very popular news outlet only serves to make the extreme poo poo ever more popular. Stuff it back in AM radio or better yet, shame all the advertisers there too so it's unprofitable.

I think you're right, but places like Infowars have growing, sizable audiences.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

SocketWrench posted:

Why? This is pure, un-distilled Trump. All his life that's how he made decisions "How much money will it make for me"

And he managed to gently caress *that* up, too. People have theorized that if he had just saved his inheritance and done nothing else, he'd actually be more wealthy than he is now.

I'm beginning to think the only reason evangelicals went for him is that he's proof the Devil is real and he's still buying souls.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/868590291107942400

Because of course.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/868590291107942400
This is just petty

efb

Spaced God fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 27, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ketchup vs catsup posted:

but their access to people will drop way off. Used to be there were tweets flying around every few days of 'Bill O'reilly said WHAAAAT?!' but I haven't heard a thing about him since he was fired.

I doubt he's had time to put anything together, if he has plans to continue his punditry at all (outside radio).

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868579052331966469

I personally doubt we'll hear anything solid until after the holiday.

A rumor this big would be trending on Twitter and there's nothing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I think you're right, but places like Infowars have growing, sizable audiences.

That's true, and it's really a generational thing (TV vs ~the internet~) and the internet side is different since it's not strictly passive. With the TV experience you just sit there and soak in propaganda, but with the internet you have the option to go investigate what you're reading or watching immediately. Many people won't challenge what they're being taught, but more than you'd have with television. Of course that can go the other way too :shrug:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And he managed to gently caress *that* up, too. People have theorized that if he had just saved his inheritance and done nothing else, he'd actually be more wealthy than he is now.

I'm beginning to think the only reason evangelicals went for him is that he's proof the Devil is real and he's still buying souls.

They think Jeezus/god will strike Donnie down and they'll get Pence.

e:typo

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

How was that even up for discussion?

• Locked thread