Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Great job Gob! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Unexpectedly satisfying ending.

I didn't quite get why aurora causes apocalypses at all though. Did I miss something?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
That was a good ending, sometimes I feared a happy end would not be the right thing for this comic,I was very wrong.
The way it unfolded was great, I enjoyed this a whole lot, it's probably in my top ten lists of things I enjoyed the most during my life

thank you so much Gob

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Me right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4w6V-PbPKM

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pavlov posted:

I didn't quite get why aurora causes apocalypses at all though. Did I miss something?
Yeah it feels just a bit contrived that she causes the world to end just...because.

But it'd make sense if Chaos answers the prayer in conjunction with Harmony. Like, yeah she'll make you happy but also throw the world into disarray.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

That's a pretty big dick move, God.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah it feels just a bit contrived that she causes the world to end just...because.

But it'd make sense if Chaos answers the prayer in conjunction with Harmony. Like, yeah she'll make you happy but also throw the world into disarray.

The Apocalypse made Pasc happy.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
im going to miss this lovely garbage comic. Thanks GOB for making this amazing thing to share with us.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Pavlov posted:

I think it's because that to get to the point where Aurora would exist, Pasq would have to not like his life and the world so much that Harmony would receive his wish. Therefore, Aurora would end the world for him. If he was happy with the world, Aurora would never be created.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't think there was any strip where Pasq's dad actually said that the world would have to loving end for him to get a girlfriend, but I can easily imagine this happening and being true.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
That was wonderful, I'm glad the last strip was mostly goofy and uplifting :kimchi:

The bearded alternate-Pasqualo on page 11 is most definitely an author cameo, isn't it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Pavlov posted:

this came up in the stream.

Harmony mentions that aurora wasn't the only way for pasq to be happy, and in fact there were a boatload of ways for him to get out of his depression. But due to however pasq phrased his wish, it created Aurora, and Aurora will always cause the apocalypse once she gets close to pasq. Pasq could probably tweak her so this isn't the case, but at the point she will no longer be aurora as pasq and the reader recognizes her. The only thing pasqualo cares about at the end is that all his friends are happy, and that includes aurora exactly as he knows her.

This also goes into the other big thing the stream got into, which is the somewhat awkward theme of pasqualo's sacrifice being somewhat similar to suicide. The short way to explain this, I think, is that depression and suicide for Pasqualo is a fundamentally selfish sentiment. When he's a stupid sad sack he's supremely self-centered and a pretty terrible friend to Ally, etc. The fundamental evolution of pasq's character is going from "the only thing I care about is becoming happy" to, as I wrote above, "the only thing I care about is all my friends being happy."

Pasqualo thusly concludes not only would everything be better if he didn't exist, it is necessary to accomplish the one and only thing he cares about : that all his friends, including Aurora, be happy.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 30, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That was amazing, Gob. I'm still reeling.

I missed the stream, will it be archived somehow?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gob, I gotta know, is pasq's dad nicer to his daughter than he was to his son :ohdear:? Did Pasq remember to make him a little less of a dick when he remade the world?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So Gob do you have any plans for another comic at some point?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Gob, I gotta know, is pasq's dad nicer to his daughter than he was to his son :ohdear:? Did Pasq remember to make him a little less of a disk when he remade the world?

watch the stream you loser

haha nope

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

I missed the stream, will it be archived somehow?

Unfortunately not. In the future I'll try to archive the ones we do going forward.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A big flaming stink posted:

watch the stream you loser

haha nope

Awwwwwww :saddowns: Pasq kinda dropped the ball there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What we didn't see is that the next galaxy over Pasq is living on an Earth that's just like Sailor Moon and he's Tuxedo Mask.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Comic is good. Great job Gob.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Hey guys, I just wanted to say real quick that I've really appreciated all your kind words along the way. It's been a real blast reading this thread along the way while creating this comic. Thanks a lot for being awesome and I really hope you guys enjoy the creative stuff I have planned next.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Gobolatula posted:

Hey guys, I just wanted to say real quick that I've really appreciated all your kind words along the way. It's been a real blast reading this thread along the way while creating this comic. Thanks a lot for being awesome and I really hope you guys enjoy the creative stuff I have planned next.

Have you thought about making a webcomic about video games? Those are pretty popular I hear.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Awwwwwww :saddowns: Pasq kinda dropped the ball there.

Well it's not as if he ever noticed how much of a dick his dad was in the first place. I'd imagine the new version would be the same way.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So the page 11 alternate Pasqualos clapping mean he's done this before? Pasqualo is unique in that he somehow reaches the end of the Universe in every re-iteration of the Universe?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wow, Gob, you did it. It's been a hell of a ride. Thanks for making this wonderful, stupid comic and I can't wait to see what you'll be doing next!

Hard to believe I only started reading this comic thanks to the bad webcomic thread...

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

This comic is extremely good, and I'm very glad I got to read it as it was going. Thank you, Gobolatula, for making a cool thing that I could enjoy.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jesus Gob. I've talked to you elsewhere across the internet, I never realized you were same era here as me. Just wanted to say great loving work and I wish you the best. Never lose the spark you found with this, you totally have what it takes. The ending was exactly what it was meant to be.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I cried a lil. Thanks for the webcomic Gobs, it made my sadbrains a bit less sad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That was a really good comic and I'm happy I read it :unsmith: I look forward to reading more of your stuff in the future!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Hellsau posted:

Have you thought about making a webcomic about video games? Those are pretty popular I hear.

I would like to recommend two male friends who discuss videogames on a couch. One should be dumb and wacky, the other should be serious and unpleasant. They could go to Japan and get stuck there, and one of them could have an improbable romance with a quirky Female Gamer that includes tragic character development! Maybe a talking console?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 30, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

tags: cheese forgive me

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Discendo Vox posted:

I would like to recommend two male friends who discuss videogames on a couch. One should be dumb and wacky, the other should be serious and unpleasant. They could go to Japan and get stuck there, and one of them could have an improbable romance with a quirky Female Gamer that includes tragic character development! Maybe a talking console?

Noooo no no no no goddamn no.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm all burnt out from work and can't properly form thoughts so I don't have decent words for it but thanks for the rad fuckin comic man.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Truly, the whitest of all elephants has been found. A Good Webcomic.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Samovar posted:

Truly, the whitest of all elephants has been found. A Good Webcomic.

White whale, you dingus.

White elephant is a burdensome gift that you get as a gag for someone.

Also this was a wild ride. Really started reading this to sate my appetite for bad webcomics, and accidentally got a really rad one instead. The whitest of elephants.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wasabi the J posted:

White whale, you dingus

No fstshaming in this thread please, thanks!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so what was with the whole "anomaly" thing

also does she have the horn of gilead this time

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

so what was with the whole "anomaly" thing

also does she have the horn of gilead this time

Aurora, the celestial being, the apocalypse angel born from a prayer of mercy and love, gets to have a human experience.
She gets to exist, and eat pizza, and she has Ally as her best friend.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black August posted:

Aurora, the celestial being, the apocalypse angel born from a prayer of mercy and love, gets to have a human experience.
She gets to exist, and eat pizza, and she has Ally as her best friend.

I know, i mean through the whole last arc Pasq is referred to as an "anomaly" and he remembers people even when they're double dead. is it just that he carries over from universe to universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I know, i mean through the whole last arc Pasq is referred to as an "anomaly" and he remembers people even when they're double dead. is it just that he carries over from universe to universe?

Remember God Dammit?
This has happened a lot of times before. A lot.
This time, he made a different choice.
Who can say what choice Aurora will make when she reaches her ultimate end?

• Locked thread