Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Skippy Granola posted:

Nobody does bleak snark like the Spanish. I like these - keep them coming!
Is that like an actual stereotype wherever you are?

(Serious question, I'm genuinely interested in weird ways people see other cultures. Well, weird ways that aren't normalized in media)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Xander77 posted:

(Serious question, I'm genuinely interested in weird ways people see other cultures. Well, weird ways that aren't normalized in media)

Did you know that "completely Texas" in Norway means that something is out of control?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Xander77 posted:

Naw man just a personal observation based on my experience with Spanish art. Guess it was a bit of a positive stereotype, sorry.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Did you know that "completely Texas" in Norway means that something is out of control?

works better w Florida IMO

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
zelda is waifu material

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Me too

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

Nobody does bleak snark like the Spanish. I like these - keep them coming!

I could misrepresent a whole country, but heres more.

Our nationalist is so xenophobic that it almost leave ourselves out.

Holy hell, lets all applaud the harmony of western nations and USA and Russia.. All they bombing the same country in harmony, without conflicts.

Voter for us, or the chaos.
(people) Chaos!, Chaos!
Don't matter, we are chaos too.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 30, 2017

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Another fun Norway fact, we aren't part of the EU so this is silly. On the other hand, all the Christian gobshites hang out on the west coast so I'm glad of the Trumpicane taking them out.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Tei posted:

I could misrepresent a whole country, but heres more.

That was dumb of me, sorry

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Prism posted:

Ah, the ol' Killary/Micro$oft conversational gambit.

IMO if you're gonna make fun of him (and he deserves it) at least be creative about it.

Zoiderberg

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

That was dumb of me, sorry

Theres a lot of really dark spanish art, because truly dark things happened here. And is a country that has lost a whole empire. And countries never really recover from that. They feel wounded and dismembered like forever.
But for most other things that matter, the spanish art celebrate life, if in a bit of procedural way.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Someone Photoshop one of his photo ops so that a slinky explodes in the background.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Tei posted:

Theres a lot of really dark spanish art, because truly dark things happened here. And is a country that has lost a whole empire. And countries never really recover from that. They feel wounded and dismembered like forever.
But for most other things that matter, the spanish art celebrate life, if in a bit of procedural way.

It's also the only country I know of that was run by an actual fascist for almost forty years.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Unnecessary explanation and panels are some of my least favorite things about political cartoons. All this comic needs is the second panel and Trump's hand colored orange.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jurgan posted:

It's also the only country I know of that was run by an actual fascist for almost forty years.

Franco really lacked any real ideology other than running a country like some military barracks.

He finally opened the hand to freedom when most his economic theories failed. You can't run a country like you run a army. It was ~40 years of starvation, with the spanish having serious trouble to find food. Franco starved the country literally more than politically.

USA helped here a bit, when spain opened, and countries like Norway, Sweden, Germany... with the tourist money. Tourism changed the tone of the country, because was a way to allow new ideas and ways to live, and the fresh money helped put the economy in movement.

Humm...

I hope I see the Cuba free one day, while democracy have is downsides it will be awesome to see Cuba in the international context and what can be their contribution to the world. I think they are a peculiar people and maybe what we are missing is a lot. Cuba Libre!

Tei fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 30, 2017

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Kit Walker posted:

"...and into a better job since your current job is going to disappear soon regardless of anything we do"

I'm staring to think politicians shouldn't use more than one clause per sentence because the electorate can't remember anything past about 7 words

Or the problem might be that people have longer memories than one speech or even one campaign season. Replacement jobs have been promised, but not delivered on before. Clinton failed to convince people that this time it would be different.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

DMCrimson posted:

Unnecessary explanation and panels are some of my least favorite things about political cartoons. All this comic needs is the second panel and Trump's hand colored orange.

You're confusing political cartooning with golf again.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Next time on Prickly City

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ornedan posted:

Or the problem might be that people have longer memories than one speech or even one campaign season. Replacement jobs have been promised, but not delivered on before. Clinton failed to convince people that this time it would be different.

I don't think it would have been different. But then again, neither will it be with Trump. He seems to have forgotten about the whole issue.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
By raising the minimum wage, you'll no longer have to worry about people smoking in the food prep area.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Why doesn't Garrison ever draw Superdonald cleaning out the stables of his own administration?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Statue of Liberty has really let herself go.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sandpuppy posted:

By raising the minimum wage, you'll no longer have to worry about people smoking in the food prep area.

Also we'll cure the obesity epidemic, apparently.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Also we'll cure the obesity epidemic, apparently.

Makes sense. With fast food raising prices due to a larger minimum wage/cost of robots, it will become more of a "sometimes food" rather than a "lunch every day" food, leading to much better health. Let's do it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Sandpuppy posted:

Bertrand Russell posted:

This is the morality of the Slave State, applied in circumstances totally unlike those in which it arose. No wonder the result has been disastrous. Let us take an illustration. Suppose that, at a given moment, a certain number of people are engaged in the manufacture of pins. They make as many pins as the world needs, working (say) eight hours a day. Someone makes an invention by which the same number of men can make twice as many pins: pins are already so cheap that hardly any more will be bought at a lower price. In a sensible world, everybody concerned in the manufacturing of pins would take to working four hours instead of eight, and everything else would go on as before. But in the actual world this would be thought demoralizing. The men still work eight hours, there are too many pins, some employers go bankrupt, and half the men previously concerned in making pins are thrown out of work. There is, in the end, just as much leisure as on the other plan, but half the men are totally idle while half are still overworked. In this way, it is insured that the unavoidable leisure shall cause misery all round instead of being a universal source of happiness. Can anything more insane be imagined?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Skippy Granola posted:

Guess it was a bit of a positive stereotype, sorry.
Apologize to Tei instead, because he apparently gives a poo poo?

Tei posted:

Yeah, that's literally every Western country though?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Kurtofan posted:

zelda is waifu material

Nothing gets goons more hot n bothered than a woman complaining about physical activity.

Two things happened again.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
What's with all the body slam references lately?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MelvinBison posted:

What's with all the body slam references lately?

That Montana guy body slammed a reporter when asked about the AHCA's CBO score

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

That Montana guy body slammed a reporter when asked about the AHCA's CBO score

A Republican body slammed a reporter. Other Republicans praised it and/or ignored it.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I don't think this has been posted to the thread before, the strip Lil' Donnie. It has its moments, but is pretty uneven on the whole.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Sandpuppy posted:

Not only did he draw humanoid robots instead of a more plausible setup with mechanical arms and conveyor belts, they are also wearing polos and caps instead of simply being painted in the appropriate livery.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Kopijeger posted:

Not only did he draw humanoid robots instead of a more plausible setup with mechanical arms and conveyor belts, they are also wearing polos and caps instead of simply being painted in the appropriate livery.

Actual McDonald's orderbots just look like big pillars with touchscreens on.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sandpuppy posted:

On Facebook, I always ask these people why it's a good thing to make a person do a job so menial a robot could do it. They never respond.

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

duz posted:

On Facebook, I always ask these people why it's a good thing to make a person do a job so menial a robot could do it. They never respond.

who could have guessed the perv spycam poster was insufferable elsewhere on the internet too

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

white_noise posted:

who could have guessed the perv spycam poster was insufferable elsewhere on the internet too

Okay, need some help with what the hell this is about.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ramos posted:

Okay, need some help with what the hell this is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

And white_noise being white_noise.

• Locked thread