Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
They have +150, but what is their attitude towards you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Taear posted:

There are definitely some bugs with it right now. I've had "hates [my civilization] -1000" for a place that has +150 relationship with me.
Which is what the person you're both replying to is talking about.

Yeah, I've gotten that a lot even with friendly attitudes and have to rely on AI federation members inviting new members in. They seem pretty busted right now.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
I got tired of my peaceful xenophile scientist species being pushed around, so I started a new game with killer death robots bent on purging the galaxy.

It's working out well so far.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Playstation 4 posted:

They have +150, but what is their attitude towards you?

I want to say +30 but whatever it is it's enough for 'oh hello it's my favourite space weasel!' when I talk to them.

I really just want them to join so I can force them out of a defensive pact with some buggmen who need teaching a lesson.

Otoh I might just add 10k to my fleet and wake up a fallen empire as I've kind of run out of stuff to do seeing as i only have the base game.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Attitude is the word, like Friendly, Cordial, Wary, Threatened, etc.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So uhh is the button to drain resources from a sector supposed to actually work? I click it and lose the 100 influence but the sector still has all of its 14000 energy credits sitting there being unused.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GenericOverusedName posted:

So uhh is the button to drain resources from a sector supposed to actually work? I click it and lose the 100 influence but the sector still has all of its 14000 energy credits sitting there being unused.

There's a really weird bug right now where it doesn't work right if you have between 100 and 200 influence.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

ulmont posted:

There's a really weird bug right now where it doesn't work right if you have between 100 and 200 influence.

:psyboom:

That's weird as hell.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

GenericOverusedName posted:

:psyboom:

That's weird as hell.

You can give yourself the 100 influence back using the console at least (just "influence 100")

The advantage of not playing iron man: you can fix the bugs.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
You can also give yourself a hundred influence to get out of the 100-200 bug zone and then remove it afterwards ("influence -100").

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Would it be useful to assign domestic slaves to Chemical Bliss and have them run a tile without a direct return, like a slave processing facility or a mineral silo? I have a pre-FTL civilization on a planet nearby and I'm thinking about hotdropping in and drugging the christ out of them to boost morale

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Danaru posted:

Would it be useful to assign domestic slaves to Chemical Bliss and have them run a tile without a direct return, like a slave processing facility or a mineral silo? I have a pre-FTL civilization on a planet nearby and I'm thinking about hotdropping in and drugging the christ out of them to boost morale

it's probably more efficient to just give them citizenship and high living standards

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

it's probably more efficient to just give them citizenship and high living standards

Truly the Culture has it right. Why not keep the little humans in boundless utopian freedom? They're great fun at parties and even occasionally useful! :smugmind:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

lol

I finally got to do the What Was Will Be quest line.

I had just finished ascending my pops to all be synths three months earlier. Having your home world turn into a tomb world is no biggie when you're immortal machines

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

yo why the deuce are my mans thinking they're enslaved if they're assigned to a food or mineral tile?

I mean sure I get it that's less fun than researching but uh it's less than awesome that I have to speedbuild robots to take the menial work so that my dudes don't accidentally get enslaved

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
You're running a caste system then, check your species rights.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ah that'd be it

I know authoritarianism enables caste system, but it should let you know that that's the default i m h o

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cyrano4747 posted:

lol

I had just finished ascending my pops to all be synths three months earlier. Having your home world turn into a tomb world is no biggie when you're immortal machines

It's no biggie normally, your pops in that system get mutated to have a tomb world preference

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Picked this up on the Humble sale. Some guys sold me 20 super-tech cruisers, now my income has tanked. Guess I should start beating up my neighbors for their lunch money to recoup my investment.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Anyone got some cool custom civs to play as? I've been enjoying making my own, but I'd like to see what people are coming up with!

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Danaru posted:

Turning off reproductive rights for your domestic servants and settling them around your empire is my go-to. Even if its not optimal it's fun. If you don't have any buildings with no yield putting them on farms is the next best thing. I know the Devs buffed a couple of the buildings without yields; Slave Processing Facility now gives 2 food and 2 minerals. Putting it adjacent to a planetary capital is really nice now.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cyrano4747 posted:

lol

It's the best event. Hey my capital system now has like 15 habitable planets for free, yes please. I just wish it didn't change your pops appearance to the weird tentacle head things.

Is a War in Heaven inevitable or is there some trigger? I got one awakened empire and am waiting for another one to do a thing, I haven't seen this happen since I just got the DLCs a couple days ago.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Grand Fromage posted:

It's the best event. Hey my capital system now has like 15 habitable planets for free, yes please. I just wish it didn't change your pops appearance to the weird tentacle head things.

Is a War in Heaven inevitable or is there some trigger? I got one awakened empire and am waiting for another one to do a thing, I haven't seen this happen since I just got the DLCs a couple days ago.

Haven't seen War in Heaven trigger in a while. Usually one FE awakens then the other just chills :shrug:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I haven't seen an endgame crisis since a couple patches ago, either. Is there an event I can trigger in the console for a War in Heaven?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Grand Fromage posted:

There are multiple ways for Fallen Empires to wake up. Sometimes they fight the crisis, sometimes it's a war in heaven, sometimes one wakes and the other just stays chilled out.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Grand Fromage posted:

That bit didn't happen to me but I did kill the mad scientist as soon as he started talking about our original species.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

ulmont posted:

That bit didn't happen to me but I did kill the mad scientist as soon as he started talking about our original species.

Oh poo poo. The tooltip said that'd end the event so I never did that because I wanted all them planets. I'll do that next time.

Killing the Worm seems pointless. You get so many planets and you can just terraform/genemod back to being normal anyway.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh poo poo. The tooltip said that'd end the event so I never did that because I wanted all them planets. I'll do that next time.

Killing the Worm seems pointless. You get so many planets and you can just terraform/genemod back to being normal anyway.

There's two different flavors of kill - make sure you do the one that gives you progress in another Horizon Event tech. Honestly next time I'm Killing the Worm - that's more planets than I want to manage.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Grand Fromage posted:

You can also just have the pops on your homeworld transformed, though you still get the militant faction and it gets wonky with stuff like Cyborgs and Psionics.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Pretty sure inter empire migration is still busted. I'm a synthetic race with multiple gaia worlds and migration treaties with like six empires in my Federation. Still nothing.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Captain Oblivious posted:

Pretty sure inter empire migration is still busted. I'm a synthetic race with multiple gaia worlds and migration treaties with like six empires in my Federation. Still nothing.

Yesterday I had a new colony fill all its squares right away by the 2 races I have migration treaties with. I have no idea about the whys or the hows though, it's my first game and everything is very confusing.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

valuum posted:

Yesterday I had a new colony fill all its squares right away by the 2 races I have migration treaties with. I have no idea about the whys or the hows though, it's my first game and everything is very confusing.

Basically when you made the planet, probably one pop from each of their planets decided to migrate there. So after the migration timer or whatever ends, they suddenly all appeared. Migration is a little bit wonky to where pops migrate a bit too much sometimes but occasionally it can work in your favor like this.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Speaking of overmigrating, my awesome home planet never fills up, and now even has several vacant buildings. Any way to stop that from happening before it's "full"?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Tried getting into this back when it came out(never really played paradox games before) and didn't really stick, is there any videos or something that explain stuff like starting out properly well?

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 31, 2017

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

I still had a bunch of people come to my glorious empire in my current game. Mostly from the Galactic UN.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I made my dudes into cyborgs and they are pretty awesome. What happens if I take the next step and make them into robots? Is it worth doing, or should I just stick with the cool cyborgs guys I have now?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

binge crotching posted:

I made my dudes into cyborgs and they are pretty awesome. What happens if I take the next step and make them into robots? Is it worth doing, or should I just stick with the cool cyborgs guys I have now?

Perfect. Immortal. Machines.

A synthetic race gets +20% to all pop yields, 200% habitability, immortal leaders and a host of leader type specific bonuses.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

binge crotching posted:

I think robots are good now. Synths are better than Cyborgs in all but edge cases and the ascension makes them cheaper and you can build them faster now.

Edit: Also don't listen to me. I still spend a lot more time being exited for updates than actually playing the game.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 31, 2017

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Perfect. Immortal. Machines.

A synthetic race gets +20% to all pop yields, 200% habitability, immortal leaders and a host of leader type specific bonuses.

Also you have to make them all by hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Like I have two major problems that are stopping me in earlygame.

First is if I go for a war race, I can barely get a single war started by the point where everyone around me have made defensive pacts with each other, and it pretty much just develops into an AI circlejerk after that.

Second is that if I go a non war race, I'm not really sure where to go from there after federations have started popping up, and not sure how big my standing army should be.

• Locked thread