Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

cerebral posted:

What determines how fast a particular execution becomes available when you're playing Jason? Whenever I'm Jason it seems like they are greyed out forever, giving people plenty of opportunity to break free, but I just played against a Jason that seemed to be able to insta-gib everyone he grabbed.

Jason needs room and sometimes a level floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Lastdancer posted:

Jason needs room and sometimes a level floor
Yeah. Literally had this happen right now and I just kept eyes on the bottom right and used whatever was available first to end it fast. Simple choke is boring but seems easy, so I can't fault people for using it

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Coolguye posted:

playing this game with mouthy russians is one of the most magical times i've ever had playing a video game.

This sounds like a PC only phenomenon, been playing on Ps4 after midnight and I've yet to have a loud foreigner.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cerebral posted:

This game has no business being as much fun as it is. There are so many things about it that I should hate, and I do hate in other games, the clunky combat, hanging up on geometry, the reliance on voice-comms, and other human beings, but I don't hate them in this game, I love them. This game evokes so many emotions in any given round; I feel anxious, then I feel excitement, then paranoia, followed by dread, then a spark of hope, dashed by the terror of a jump scare, the relief and pride of an amazing escape, the pulse pounding worry of will I have enough stamina to make it to safety, and the release and joy when you finally make it out alive.

Or the vicious glee I feel when murdering every last counselor and Tommy despite their frantic attempts to survive.

I feel like the things that would ordinarily be lovely in other games end up making the experience better here. You're supposed to be completely outclassed by Jason when you try to go toe-to-toe with him, instead of doing Dark Souls combat rolls and blocking his machete. Likewise, Jason isn't supposed to be able to just grab everyone and slice them up within a few minutes. He's supposed to let them get away for a bit and keep the action going.

It's a perfect recreation of a 1980s slasher film.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

This sounds like a PC only phenomenon, been playing on Ps4 after midnight and I've yet to have a loud foreigner.
confirming on PC this has been an international wonderland

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I just won as a counselor because one of the counselors challenged Jason to an honorable duel and won, and Jason loving rage quit over being stunned.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Basebf555 posted:

I have a lot of fun being anti-Chad, aka Adam. Cool enough under pressure to survive a long time and good enough with repairs to pull my weight, PLUS enough strength and speed to throw myself at Jason and use my death to distract him as canon demands. Adam doesn't even want to escape, he thinks this whole Jason thing is bullshit.

:same:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Kotaku says this game is bad because when you're a counselor it's way too easy for Jason to kill you, and also when you're Jason it's way too hard to kill anybody. Yeah. They said both of those things.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
With Adam escape is a nice thing but not a must have since you rack up offense, defense, and repair points like no ones business. A 3 minute bout with Jason will get you nearly 400 points let alone doing objectives.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I'm finally getting this tonight and I was wondering: How, if you're using a microphone can you get other background sound or music from a file on your pc to get pumped into the game sound? I really want to troll with non-Jason music.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

You can see Jason underwater, he shows up as a dim red light but it's hard to see. At full tilt I believe the boat outruns most Jasons in the water though.

Not the Jason 7 one, he's jaws in the water pretty much. If you fix a boat and its the Jason 7 one, you're already dead.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

These counselors have Jason effectively fought off and are refusing to get in the car because of a bear trap at the driver's door.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Alteisen posted:

Not the Jason 7 one, he's jaws in the water pretty much. If you fix a boat and its the Jason 7 one, you're already dead.

We got by a Part 7 one today after someone else grand slammed his dome as soon as we got in. Teamwork baby.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The match ended long after it should have because of a lovely Jason and lovely counselor. Everyone else died because they saw a bear trap at the driver's door and refused to touch the car, allowing Jason to split them up. One person tried to escape, only to drive straight into Jason after a few yards.

The last survivor tried escaping, but backed into a fence and got the car wrecked again. He ran to the barn and recovered a bear trap, where he put himself in a stalemate with Jason by planting a bear trap in the stable entrance while Jason planted one at the window. Theoretically he could have spent the next 7 minutes here until the game ended unless Jason willingly stepped into the trap. Instead, he grabbed the trap and ran into the main lodge, ran into a room with a window and single door, and tried to hide behind the couch instead of planting the bear trap at the door. He got hacked to death with an axe trying to climb out the window.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

As Chad I led a blanket party to beat up Jason with every pot, pan, and baseball bat loaded in the main house at Packanak until he submitted to the will of the group that the police should be called.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Everyone had to use third party keybinding software for Street Fighter V for like 8 months because they couldn't actually support anyone's controllers

Interesting. Can you recommend any?

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
OK its been mentioned up thread concerning The Chad and pocket knives the two back to back matches I played as him I found the phone fuse within the first 2 minutes.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the jasons are misnumbered. Jason 8 on the menus is the jason from final friday, aka friday 13th part 9. Jason 7 in the menus is from jason takes manhattan, aka friday 13th part 8

at first i thought they were just numbering them one back, because the original movie had no jason in. But jason 2 is labelled right.

are they just not numbered based on the movies?

edit: i was totally wrong and misremembered how things were labelled in the game. i'm leaving this post here though as evidence for when i'm determined medically to be an idiot.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 31, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So regarding boatchat, are you able to morph into the water as Jason?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I haven't tried it but I'm sure you can. You can shift into water for sure.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the jasons are misnumbered. Jason 8 on the menus is the jason from final friday, aka friday 13th part 9. Jason 7 in the menus is from jason takes manhattan, aka friday 13th part 8

at first i thought they were just numbering them one back, because the original movie had no jason in. But jason 2 is labelled right.

are they just not numbered based on the movies?

*whispers under breath*
Get a load of this guy
What a nerd!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yes

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*Breakfast Club soundtrack plays in the background*

Adam owns, just a typical round as the best counselor.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Another fun thing to do as The Chad is to hide an escape item when you find it and wait till the vehicle needs just that part to escape then show up with it all heroic.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I just dumped over three people in a row trying to use the boat.

That session was amazing, I got my first 7/7 as Jason (using the Savini skin that everyone comments on) while singing Total Eclipse of the Heart every time I got near someone. Once I killed Tommy Jarvis he loudly compiled at the end of the match that me singing and using that "Ghost Rider looking motherfucker" made it not scary and then booted me at the lobby.

Turn around, bright eyes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game is super fun as is playing with goons. I do have to say I really like the Jason a lot more than the counselors though. It was also nice to go 4 for 7 despite being horrible.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
I've been having an issue today where I sometimes no longer get action prompts. I'm in a game now where I've effectively trapped myself in a small cabin and can't open doors or climb out the windows. I also can't crouch. Anyone else getting this bug?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Wren610 posted:

OK its been mentioned up thread concerning The Chad and pocket knives the two back to back matches I played as him I found the phone fuse within the first 2 minutes.

I almost wonder if the game doesn't decide what's in a drawer till its opened and Luck somehow affects that.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Part 9 Jason has the best kill animations. Each one is great and part 9 plays like the savani Jason with fast shift.

Also I noticed an interesting way to get extra knives at the start. When younger in your but, grab the knife to the right then the left knife. Grabbing them in that order will net you three knives instead of two.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Snatch Duster posted:

Part 9 Jason has the best kill animations. Each one is great

i really want part 9 jason but levelling seems really slow

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i really want part 9 jason but levelling seems really slow

Adam train baby.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Picked this up today and played a few rounds with goons, got jason 6 once and managed to kill everyone drove to safety once and died a whole bunch in the woods. 10/10 would game again.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Adam train baby.

Is Adam really that good? I know his stats are fairly average across the board and I've got enough perks to bonus just about any stat.

Better question, is he a better character for "Go do poo poo" matches, because as much as I enjoy playing stealth runs with AJ, running around and actually doing stuff as Chad has been super fun, but he dies way too easily when he's scared.

Also playing with Goons is way better than the randos I've been rolling with this weekend. Every Jason has been hilarious in some way.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Unbalanced posted:

I've been having an issue today where I sometimes no longer get action prompts. I'm in a game now where I've effectively trapped myself in a small cabin and can't open doors or climb out the windows. I also can't crouch. Anyone else getting this bug?

I've had that a couple times. Once today as Jason. But nobody believed me and wouldn't leave a cabin I was hovering around.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

joylessdivision posted:

Is Adam really that good? I know his stats are fairly average across the board and I've got enough perks to bonus just about any stat.

Better question, is he a better character for "Go do poo poo" matches, because as much as I enjoy playing stealth runs with AJ, running around and actually doing stuff as Chad has been super fun, but he dies way too easily when he's scared.

Also playing with Goons is way better than the randos I've been rolling with this weekend. Every Jason has been hilarious in some way.

His stats seem middling but they are what carry him. He can do everything chad can, he can repair just fine, and if you know how to manage your stam you can run for days and out wit non-running Jason.

Edit: on repairs you get 3 - 5 nodes to hit, most of the time 3. With a bat he will always stun, and half the time knockout jason. With wrenches he stuns every hit, sometimes knock out i would say 30%. he can sprint from Haggins House to the barn without losing half stam.

Adamn is the counselor of choice for try hards it seems.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 31, 2017

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

His stats seem middling but they are what carry him. He can do everything chad can, he can repair just fine, and if you know how to manage your stam you can run for days and out wit non-running Jason.

Edit: on repairs you get 3 - 5 nodes to hit, most of the time 3. With a bat he will always stun, and half the time knockout jason. he can sprint from Haggins House to the barn without losing half stam.

God drat. I guess I'll be rolling with Adam next time I play.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

joylessdivision posted:

God drat. I guess I'll be rolling with Adam next time I play.

Then add in the perk where you negate 48% damage reduction, medic (two uses from sprays,) and heavy hitter perk where you get +10% to stun with all melee weapons this turns Adam into a mad man. Get a pocket knife and spray you can gently caress with jason through windows for the entire match.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
GOON TALES THE JASON SLAYING

AKA How LastDancer And FaiKu became my best friends conditionally

So tonight was a bit of a blur. It basically began with me and LastDancer spawning in an awful place, Jason literally right outside the door of the cabin we ended up in. I spawned as a Rando Chad because I always play random, always, and I suppose he took offense to this. He started beating the poo poo out of poor old Chad, but Chad can't fight back, that's what the Help is for. So Chad went to find help, LastDancer lazily following behind, swinging his hitting stick. I chased down Jason at a nearby house and bought his services to kill LastDancer, who did admit after the fact that he wasn't going to kill me. I'm glad he was a good sport about it too, and don't worry, we patched things up later. We both spawned in as the nerds, I was Chubs and he was the lady Nerd, and I had to hide in a closet for like 4 minutes to take care of real life poo poo and he staid right with me. After that we jogged to the finish line as some one else called the cops, as is the custom for Chubs games.

The rest of that particular match went uneventfully- due to the severe beating and help seeking, Chad was unable to find anything or be of any help to anyone, most notably himself, so he hosed around and tried to make it to the water and see if the island was there. The Chad planned to buy the island and rename it Chad Island, but sadly was found by Jason before this could occur. Some haggling over the way Chad should die happened from here, and Jason had buyers remorse from not following through with The Chad's offer of sleeping bag kill VS fire poker kill. Always take the Chad's deal, kids.

Another match I believe I spawned as Chubs, but didn't get to do poo poo and got merked immediately. Afterwards, I spawn in right as the last people left, and that just left me and Jason alone on the map. Cue the comedy of errors that was me trying to run to everywhere Jason just was, while Jason went all over the place looking for me. Eventually I threw myself into the water and waited for a while to draw Jason to me and end the farce that was that run around.

The next part is a tragedy that ends on a happy note in four matches.

I spawn as Part 3 Jason, manage to kill three people and some one else I think got betrayed, but I was just not in it to be Jason today so that hosed out. Especially because, and I notice this mostly happens on my runs as Jason and I'm not sure how or why, there was an entire group of people armed to the goddamn teeth waiting at the phone for me. I've seen other times when it's only like, two people, at most, and I'm not sure how or why that's a thing that I always get the angry mob.

But I can't complain too much, they did good work with the car and I missed far too many shift grabs.

Then after a round I spawned as part 7 Jason and it was just the worst. I love Part 7 Jason's design, but he is terrible to play as especially coming off of part 3 Jason. I kept expecting my shift to last JUST a bit longer and nothing really went right. A few things did, but nothing that resulted in any kills. I wasn't on my A game and I was doing too much of a job keeping the car on lockdown so the police was the only real option, though I think some one escaped in the boat? And the whole thing just took forever and it was a headache. Doesn't help that there were a few times I really should have gotten a kill but couldn't get the prompt to pop up. I guess I was on a hill.

So then a match after THAT, I spawn in, again, as Part 7 Jason. And I immediately go gently caress No, gently caress This and teleport to the phone and find SD and tell him I want to die. That was the third time I was Jason in 5 rounds, which was not only not fair for everyone else, but I also just was not feeling being Jason, especially that one. So we go around, I go talk to as many people as I can find, and we get poo poo set up. We get the police called, I get my mask taken off, SD and another dude run through the exit, we work on getting the sweater, we got the machete, we got Tommy.

And the other dude who escaped, the Tommy, decided he didn't want to do this and hosed off despite knowing the plan and knowing we wanted to do this. I'm not going to say his name because I don't want to start drama or any poo poo, but everyone there knew who he was and that the reasons he did it were total bullshit. So I pick up the Jenny I was traveling to my shack with, but decided I couldn't kill her. The fact that she had a pocket knife literally didn't matter because I started to tell him to just break free. I wasn't going to kill anyone that game, that one dude just ruined the fun of it. So I teleported to the end, and gave everyone high fives on the way to the police.

Another match happens, SD rolls Part 9 Jason and slaughters, and the one guy leaves.

Then we go into the second to last match for me, and me and SilverNova spawn in together. Silver is Chubs McKenzie, who I believe he mains, and I was a Vanessa at the time. Voltic rolls up as Part 2 Jason, and we decide to try our luck and ask if he would like to get killed by us. He's game for it, and he gives Silver a swirlie and we find some one who has a walkie to get some one else to call Tommy. I stick around with Silver and shoot the poo poo with him, SD rolls up and we chat a bit. Some one else, the walkie talkie person, rolls up with the sweater, I took off the mask using a machete and then gave it and the mask to Silver who respawned as Tommy, I grabbed my baseball bat. Sweater starts off the shebang, I bash Jason's kneecaps in, and Silver lands the killing blow. Catharsis.

And then to end it all for me this night, I got The Chad once more. This is where FaiKu enters the tale, for he was Jason, and he was The Chad's best friend. He understood the Chad, though I am a part time Chad, I was still The Chad for the match. I mostly jogged around being scared and doing poo poo all while FaiKu murdered people I felt bad for because I kind of gave them away and told me to be free. Some one else called the cops without the Chad having done anything but gently caress around other people while having a perpetual free pass from Jason, and eventually I lightly jogged to the police and whatever limo they could get for me on such short notice. Also the entire time LastDance was Tiffany and had the remix of I Like Big Butts playing full blast and it was great and I loved it.

FaiKu, you were a total bro. The Chad approves, even if he is only a part time Chad.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I feel like letting people kill Jason was a mistake. This is 3 games now with pubbies trying to kill Jason with Jason cooperating and it just kills the mood. I've had people yell/complain because I was Tommy and, God Forbid, I never read the wiki or whatever and didn't know what I had to do and inevitably hosed it up.

I read them up after and it doesn't help that the steps necessary are so difficult and require near perfect conditions that it seems like something for people to mark off a list as opposed to a legit tactic one can do for a hail mary shot at an escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I feel a little bad for the last Jason 2 I fought because I managed to knock him on his rear end three times via a baseball bat and flare gun. He just couldn't catch a break most of the match.

Jenny Supremacy.

• Locked thread