Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I had a quick skim over some CineD threads on a couple of movies I was thinking of seeing.

God lord, those guys were way dumber than I thought possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Light Gun Man posted:

Nothing But Trouble?

That movie was a goddamn masterpiece.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Clawtopsy posted:

i don't think it's unfair to assume this movie will be a bad mess based on snyder's run on DC stuff, and godot's wooden performance in bvs

merch-paid reviews would be completely unsurprising, but its not like theres been the storm of incredibly loving dumb PR around this like there was ghostbusters 2016, so i think assuming some vast feminist sensitive joss whedon conspiracy to give it an easy curve is a bit paranoid.

I think people would do well to actually go read some the 2016 Ghostbusters reviews, they mostly were kind of lukewarm rather than gushing which a lot of people act like they were. I mean, its 73% on RT, which is in the same bracket as a low end Marvel movie like Iron Man 2.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Light Gun Man posted:

Nothing But Trouble?

Anyone who doesn't like Nothing But Trouble shouldn't be allowed to have opinions

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Wonder womans boobs are still too small.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GB16 was a bad and unfunny attempt to improv a movie around lovely Papa Johns ads. It's trash.

Nothing But Trouble murders Digital Underground with a death rollercoaster. It's good trash.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

GB16 was a bad and unfunny attempt to improv a movie around lovely Papa Johns ads. It's trash.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
There's more potential for producing lovely movies supported by social/political retards. It's a barely tapped market.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
The meltdowns over their GB16 review among the Tumblr RLM "community" were really hilarious (not a Tumblr person - just browsed briefly last year). Adult women who were previously Super Fans, who posted about nothing but RLM, were now vowing to stop donating on Patreon and never watch another RLM video again because Mike, Rich and Jay had suddenly become raging misogynists, apparently.

RLM have made mildly sexist jokes in the past but always harmless ones and they've never felt like the kind of joke that shows a deeper truth about the person's actual beliefs. (Like, the way Rich's ching-chong-ding-dong prank call probably doesn't stem from a deep hatred of Asian people). None of those dudes hate women. I wouldn't watch them if they gave off any whiff of actual misogyny because that poo poo bums me out super hard. How these super fans - who presumably didn't think RLM were sexists up to this point - managed to interpret their review of a mediocre movie as some sexist screed is baffling.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was in a car with some friends we were visiting in Chicago last december and a lady asked me if I'd seen Ghostbusters and I said no and she seriously said "Why not? You're not one of them are you?!"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HoAssHo posted:

The meltdowns over their GB16 review among the Tumblr RLM "community" were really hilarious (not a Tumblr person - just browsed briefly last year). Adult women who were previously Super Fans, who posted about nothing but RLM, were now vowing to stop donating on Patreon and never watch another RLM video again because Mike, Rich and Jay had suddenly become raging misogynists, apparently.

RLM have made mildly sexist jokes in the past but always harmless ones and they've never felt like the kind of joke that shows a deeper truth about the person's actual beliefs. (Like, the way Rich's ching-chong-ding-dong prank call probably doesn't stem from a deep hatred of Asian people). None of those dudes hate women. I wouldn't watch them if they gave off any whiff of actual misogyny because that poo poo bums me out super hard. How these super fans - who presumably didn't think RLM were sexists up to this point - managed to interpret their review of a mediocre movie as some sexist screed is baffling.

So the mild hatred of Ghostbusters was enough to turn them off, despite the Plinkett character being a serial murderer/rapist of women, particularly women on the fringes of society?

Huh.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HoAssHo posted:

This. To me, the fact that they make jokes like that actually makes me trust them a bit more. It's like, i dont have to like every joke they make but at least i feel like i've seen the worst of them. Meanwhile the really vocal "woke" dudes almost always end up being creeps. That dude Devin Faraci was one of the most vocal people defending the 2016 ghostbusters and calling anyone who didnt love it a misogynist. And then it turns out he sexually assaulted a girl. poo poo like that happens a lot, it seems.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

A big reason I like RLM is because they don't inject their personal politics into their work.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

DoctorStrangelove posted:

A big reason I like RLM is because they don't inject their personal politics into their work.

Yeah, definitely.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

I recommend you never watch Pre Rec.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I know jack has strong feelings on ad-blocking and capitalism

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star posted:

This. To me, the fact that they make jokes like that actually makes me trust them a bit more. It's like, i dont have to like every joke they make but at least i feel like i've seen the worst of them. Meanwhile the really vocal "woke" dudes almost always end up being creeps. That dude Devin Faraci was one of the most vocal people defending the 2016 ghostbusters and calling anyone who didnt love it a misogynist. And then it turns out he sexually assaulted a girl. poo poo like that happens a lot, it seems.

Yup. It's always the woke ultra leftists who are the creeps and weirdos. You can look at the history of this very forum for evidence

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mike came out in support of Trump, Rich hated both of them and Jack loved Hillary. Don't think Jay ever said.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Jay voted for David Lynch.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Space Taxi posted:

Jay voted for David Lynch.

Can't blame him then.

But Rich has said before on camera before the election "eh who gives a poo poo, they're both criminals and they'll both be bad"

And he was making fun of the women's march saying it was for no purpose and jack got super mad.

Basically Rich is cool and good.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Space Taxi posted:

I recommend you never watch Pre Rec.

Only watch Pre Rec when Jay is there

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I know jack has strong feelings on ad-blocking and capitalism

He is also a father of children who he doesn't like making swears.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I don't watch pre-rec. I'm fine with them letting slip some aspects of their politics, but they don't use their videos as a way of pontificating or virtue signalling.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Late as always because I only wanted to spend 5bux at a review cinema, but I just saw Alien: Covenant.

Alien: Covenant was a movie. :geno:

Seriously though, Prometheus was a mess but at least it was an ambitious mess.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
pre-rec is unfiltered loving garbage

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

rich evans, known trump supporter

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
So much misandry against Pre Rec. I'm going to watch twice the amount of Pre Rec.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
The Mass Effect pre rec review was pretty funny for how long they were willing to push the joke.

Other than that it seems boring.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bloom posted:

The Mass Effect pre rec review was pretty funny for how long they were willing to push the joke.

Other than that it seems boring.

They're really bad at video games. But Rich has correct political opinions and it makes jack mad.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Please do not associate the delightful Rich Evans with your terrible, stupid opinions.

The Plinkett's Little Adventure Pre Rec was fun.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Please do not associate the delightful Rich Evans with your terrible, stupid opinions.

The Plinkett's Little Adventure Pre Rec was fun.

It's not my fault rich is right to agree with me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yug posted:

They're really bad at video games. .

They're also really bad at most things that would constitute a technically "good" steam.

Rumour is they bought a compressor to fix their lovely audio but they're too dumb to figure out how to set it up.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 31, 2017

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
This is true. They tried to use a compressor and only managed to make their audio worse.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhrd9Lzmqas

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Yug posted:

Yup. It's always the woke ultra leftists who are the creeps and weirdos. You can look at the history of this very forum for evidence

Lol, you're one to talk.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich was a Bernie supporter who decided not to vote in the general after he lost. Rich is usually right about most things, but is still a chode for his 'I won't be strong-armed into voting for the greater good' and 'blame me if hillary loses by one vote' attitudes imho

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Previously recorded more like previously digested

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Lavender posted:

Rich was a Bernie supporter who decided not to vote in the general after he lost. Rich is usually right about most things, but is still a chode for his 'I won't be strong-armed into voting for the greater good' and 'blame me if hillary loses by one vote' attitudes imho

Did Wisconsin have a very narrow margin of victory for Trump?
Maybe we should hate Rich Evans for that.

But we should mostly hate Rich Evans for Christmas or Crocodile.
Fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

That movie was a goddamn masterpiece.

Ambulance you got a chance, in a hearse... gotta be worse!

I could quote that movie all loving day, I think I watched it at least a dozen times or more when I was a kid.

• Locked thread