Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It took me over an hour but I finished applying a screen protector to my switch with no dust bubbles.

gently caress plastic screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

Didn't they basically just say gently caress it and hire a team of folks who had been putting out fan mods like this for years

I'd totally like to know if that was the case cause that is very :3:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Scholtz posted:

It took me over an hour but I finished applying a screen protector to my switch with no dust bubbles.

gently caress plastic screens.

now you have a plastic screen... with glass over it? for what reason?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

LethalGeek posted:

I'd totally like to know if that was the case cause that is very :3:

Yeah, and it's not the first time, one of the devs is also responsible for the sonic mobile ports, and the steam version of Sonic CD. Guy made his own sonic game engine that supports widescreen resolutions and stuff, and then Sega hired him to make those ports and then hired MORE people from the fan community to help with Mania.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Everyone on the dev team suffers from stage 4 sonic mania

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I need some BoI help. I finally beat It Lives with Eden through the grace of god (if you are lucky enough to get Guppy's Head, Car Battery, and Fish Tail in one run, good job you win!)

So I am currently standing in the room after beating the boss. There's a devil room to the south, a beam of light, and a trap door. I know the devil's room will lead to sheol, and the beam of light will take me to the cathedral, but what the hell is the trap door going to do?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I need some BoI help. I finally beat It Lives with Eden through the grace of god (if you are lucky enough to get Guppy's Head, Car Battery, and Fish Tail in one run, good job you win!)

So I am currently standing in the room after beating the boss. There's a devil room to the south, a beam of light, and a trap door. I know the devil's room will lead to sheol, and the beam of light will take me to the cathedral, but what the hell is the trap door going to do?

The trap door on the boss room sends you to Sheol as well.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Zelder posted:

Everyone on the dev team suffers from sonic 4 stage mania

FTFY

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

logger posted:

The trap door on the boss room sends you to Sheol as well.

Great, thanks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It feels better.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Bloop posted:

but the name as a phrase doesn't mean a lot.

If you do the obvious thing you get a mediocre ending. In order to get the good ending you must do nothing even though you know it will destroy the world. You might say that you have to bravely default.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It feels a hundred times better? It looks arguably better except with more glare in some lighted situations? To me the soft plastic felt horrible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Drunk Tomato posted:

When is Baseball Stars 2 coming to Switch.

Cmon SNK gimme the balls

You misspelled Crystalis but that's ok.

Spellman posted:

A lot of commentators are saying they used 3DS models, but I think that's only because splitscreen 4P Smash Run and all of its character and enemy models would probably make it chug.

I think it's real. It's too much effort for modes and stages nobody cares about days before E3, and it wouldn't be the first time Smash screenshots got leaked right before the announcement

Why would a new smash game have split screen? Split screen would be atrocious compared to the shared screen zooming in and out and there's literally nothing gained from it unless the game had ridiculously huge levels.

Phantasium posted:

Give me a Belmont so I can have a Captain N free for all.

The lack of a Belmont, or any Castlevania characters, in Smash is just Konami being Konami.

I think we've got a better chance at seeing Ryu or Nina from BoF than a Belmont from Castlevania. When it comes to Konami I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they want to put a Pachinko machine in as a character in Smash.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'd buy that poo poo in a second if they localized 3

They could also include the full text for SoM, since the SNES version couldn't fit on the cartridge IIRC. Not sure if the mobile versions of SoM have the SNES translation or a more complete one.

SD3 needs to be 3 players though. It's really weird that they kept 3 person parties but only 2 player co-op.

Modus Pwnens posted:

"Octopath Traveler"

I'm sure that working title will be replaced with something else. Like SaGa Frontier 3.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's no Infinite Undiscovery

Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner :suicide:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's a hell of a lot harder to scratch tempered glass than cheap plastic.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It feels a hundred times better? It looks arguably better except with more glare in some lighted situations? To me the soft plastic felt horrible.

How can it look better when you not only have the plastic but now also light reflecting glass? That's not possible

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martytoof posted:

That stupid Sonic trailer just got me to drop $450 on a Nintendo console :mad:

I wonder if I can get enough trade in value on my WiiU to buy BoTW straight up. Need something to play until August v:)v

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/wii-u/consoles/nintendo-wii-u-32gb-black/129109

100$

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

How can it look better when you not only have the plastic but now also light reflecting glass? That's not possible

they spent 15 bucks on it, it has to look better

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

it looks the same

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would a new smash game have split screen? Split screen would be atrocious compared to the shared screen zooming in and out and there's literally nothing gained from it unless the game had ridiculously huge levels.

Smash Run takes place on one huge level, it's a short adventure-arcade mode currently exclusive to the 3DS version

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lol just lol if you didn't spring for the hd screen protector that automatically upscales games

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I leave the little sheet of plastic that comes on my brand new packaged electronics like my new HDTV and my new iPhone because it adds an extra level of protection, and you totally can't even tell that it negatively impacts my viewing of the screen ever so slightly 100% of the time.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zelder posted:

Lol just lol if you didn't spring for the hd screen protector that automatically upscales games

It's called the Handy Boy, and it's great

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Console threads are the worst.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Spellman posted:

It's called the Handy Boy, and it's great

lol I had that. I was the flyest kid in Mrs. Hernandez's 5th grade home room 😂

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Sega wants people to preorder a digital game download. A digital preorder.

When new sales vectors for games come out, they always seem like bullshit -- See the first real application of DLC with the infamous Oblivion horse armor. The benefit of the doubt for DLC always existed though and could be good on paper. It eventually got around to it.
I'm not sure how digitally preordering a videogame brings anything to the table for the consumer.
I know this has happened a couple of times in the past; it just never seems less ridiculous.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Gimbal lock posted:

When new sales vectors for games come out, they always seem like bullshit -- See the first real application of DLC with the infamous Oblivion horse armor. The benefit of the doubt for DLC always existed though and could be good on paper. It eventually got around to it.
I'm not sure how digitally preordering a videogame brings anything to the table for the consumer.
I know this has happened a couple of times in the past; it just never seems less ridiculous.

Lol okay Grandpa. This has been around for years. Digital preordering sometimes lets you preload or sometimes gives you a discount / special bonus. At it's worst it's a thing that excited but maybe naive people can do to show their support for a game or developer.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lol okay Grandpa. This has been around for years. Why does this affect you? Digital preordering sometimes lets you preload or sometimes gives you a discount / special bonus. At it's worst it's a thing that excited but maybe naive people can do to show their support for a game or developer.

bonus content for preordering is awful, and you are a bad person for acting like it's good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Gimbal lock posted:

Did you post this from ten years ago? Digital preorders have been a thing for years. This hot take is a bit too late.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lol okay Grandpa. This has been around for years. Digital preordering sometimes lets you preload or sometimes gives you a discount / special bonus. At it's worst it's a thing that excited but maybe naive people can do to show their support for a game or developer.

Plus if you generally leave your console in Rest/Sleep Mode, it'll be downloaded by the time you either get up in the morning or get home from work.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Guy Goodbody posted:

bonus content for preordering is awful, and you are a bad person for acting like it's good.

I don't care either way about bonus content and probably neither should you. :shrug:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drunk Tomato posted:

I don't care either way about bonus content and probably neither should you. :shrug:

When that bonus content is different outfits or cosmetic options for the player character, you better believe I'm gonna care!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
They still making Switches? I've been calling my local stores, and by local stores I mean pretty much every Walmart, ToysRus, GameStop, etc. in the state, and no one ever has any Switches.

Like, there are no Switches within 2500 miles of where I am. What the gently caress.

Edit:VVVVV

A$$le loving the consumer again!

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 31, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Apple keeps making iphones for some dumb reason and some of the whosits and whatsits that go into the iphone also go into the switch, so there are supply issues.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Thinking back, I never actually saw a Wii in stock on a store shelf for the entire lifespan of the console.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Just because digital preorders has been a thing for years doesn't make it any less dumb, especially if you consider why preorders exist in the first place.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Manky posted:

Oh, I didn't mean to connect those thoughts. What I meant is I think Switch is the best platform for any of the campaigns or the full TT version. (For reference, I've played through SK on Steam, 3DS, and Wii U.) It just looks great, the portability is great, and obviously opinions of the joy-con d-pad vary but I have found myself liking it a lot.

its on vita tho and its a 2d pixel game where performance isnt an issue, so the vita version is superior due to better buttons and one of the best dpads in history

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the vita does have an extremely good dpad, it's true, but its oddball resolution scales poorly with the 240p resolution of Shovel Knight.

3DS is best platform for Shovel Knight because it runs at native res.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Martytoof posted:

That stupid Sonic trailer just got me to drop $450 on a Nintendo console :mad:

I wonder if I can get enough trade in value on my WiiU to buy BoTW straight up. Need something to play until August v:)v

you know its not an exclusive right

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Gimbal lock posted:

Just because digital preorders has been a thing for years doesn't make it any less dumb, especially if you consider why preorders exist in the first place.

physical pre orders are dumber than digital ones. at least w a digital preorder it means you can download the game before it comes out and play instantly on release. physical preorders youre just paying ahead because ???

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stux posted:

physical pre orders are dumber than digital ones. at least w a digital preorder it means you can download the game before it comes out and play instantly on release. physical preorders youre just paying ahead because ???

There's a chance that the store could run out of copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cojawfee posted:

Apple keeps making iphones for some dumb reason and some of the whosits and whatsits that go into the iphone also go into the switch, so there are supply issues.

Is there any expectation when this will be resolved? Because holy smokes this is just silly at this point.

• Locked thread