Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
The comics are a prequel to the game. If you get it on PC, it should look and run alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The comic starts 5 years before the game.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Jimmy Hats posted:

The actual difficulty listed on the event is a lie, in my experience. If you're having a lot of trouble, I'd suggest having multiple loadouts for your character with certain 'hate' equipment, such as 'bonus damage against superpowered/lanterns/kryptonians etc. You can change character after losing a fight without losing progress through the event.

Yeah, my level 9 WW barely beat that 20 cheetah. I AI'd those levels for the set, which honestly, i'll probably save my regen tokens to make all of them 20 when I get her there. I like the bonuses because they gel with my playstyle with her

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Has anyone managed to regen the boots into something decent?

Mine are like 0/124/0/0, and the useless Don't Jump for XP trait that seems locked on there, and that's the best I got in a few tries.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

That Don't Jump for XP trait is the most asinine gear bonus, and it seems to show up on everything.

But to your question, no. For some reason the boots keep getting refilled to bottom tier for me. I'm having a similar problem with a piece of Supergirl gear that never gets better overall stats as well. So it's definitely not an isolated issue.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Whoops double post

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fart City posted:

That Don't Jump for XP trait is the most asinine gear bonus, and it seems to show up on everything.

But to your question, no. For some reason the boots keep getting refilled to bottom tier for me. I'm having a similar problem with a piece of Supergirl gear that never gets better overall stats as well. So it's definitely not an isolated issue.

That trait must consume a huge amount of item budget because the others pieces have about 500 stat points to spread around.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Honestly, I figured NRS was making some kind of statement about a skirt being poor protection or something, and was trying to get me to put pants on her. I refuse to do so.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I figured out why I kept loving up loading an ice arrow at the end of my combos. If you freeze a dude, you can't load another ice arrow in that combo, but can freely load a different arrow type. I tried to do it like 80 times before I realized :downs:.

My go-to easy execution Green Arrow combo is now whatever into freeze b3 j3 3df1. Hit the j3 as late as possible in your jump. Optimal stuff is like b3 ff 3db1 b23df1 or some hard nonsense like that. In any case, if you're close you have a ton of time to load a (non-ice) arrow after the freeze but before the b3. If you're not close or you want to load another ice arrow then the df1 gives you a good bit of time to do so.

he1ixx posted:

Wow. great stuff.

Some questions:

- I have changed arrow types but it seems almost random honestly. is it just standing still while hitting the "special" key (sorry, I don't know the number signifiers yet) to cycle them?
- I have been using the b3 but it has a lot of start up so I keep getting crushed by faster people. I guess this technically isn't question.
- how do I block grab moves? countering with a grab myself? my current counter is waiting until their grab move finishes doing massive damage and then I wave around in front of me like a hapless moron -- it isn't effective.
- I completely do NOT understand meter burn. I tried playing with it last night in practice mode and think I'm missing something. Most of the time it didn't work when I had plenty of meter to use. Is it just a few moves that it works with? it is totally confusing since it is talked about everywhere like its just a thing and honestly I hadn't even heard of it before I got the game.

Most of this has already been answered, but I have a few extra bits to add. Pause the game and take a look at the move list, it'll tell you the inputs for stuff (like the different arrows) and what stuff can be meterburned; if you really want to dig in deep it'll also show you stuff like startup frames and block advantage. You can tech a throw by doing your own throw at the same time, however you can't do this on reaction, you have to predict that it's coming; it also only works on normal throws, if your opponent has a special move throw then you can't tech it. Jumping, backdashing, or using a move with armor will also beat throws.

Finally, yes, your b3 is real useful and, to tie everything together here, you can meterburn it (every character can meterburn their b3 and f3) to get a hit of armor. Green Arrow in particular has great tools at long range with his arrows and good tools at close range with d1 and f2, but there's a dead zone in between where his options aren't great. In that range b3MB is one of your best options. It's safe on block so if you got the meter go hog wild with it, but also experiment with using jumps, dashes, db2, and bf3 to move to a more advantageous spacing for you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The skirt's actually part of the top. That piece is just underwear.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

That trait must consume a huge amount of item budget because the others pieces have about 500 stat points to spread around.

Yeah, it seems like it does. Nearly every epic piece of gear that I've gotten that's had the trait attached to it has usually been overall worse in stats than the average rate stuff I've been getting. And it's super lovely because it's one of the few traits that actively works against you in terms of playing how you want. I can't think of a single character that could be played optimally without ever jumping. Even heavy hitters like Bane and Scarecrow use j3 to pretty good effect.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The Injustice comic has kind of a rough start but I remember the consensus being that soon after it became the best series being published by DC at the time which I also understand wasn't that great of an achievement
I stopped reading soon after wonder woman beats the living poo poo out of superman for some reason or another and I've only read the stray panel here and there but it is very enjoyable

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The skirt's actually part of the top. That piece is just underwear.

It's the boots that decide whether she has pants or not, and my boots, after like 15 regens, are still stuck at around 110, with regen just switching which stat that goes into.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fart City posted:

Yeah, it seems like it does. Nearly every epic piece of gear that I've gotten that's had the trait attached to it has usually been overall worse in stats than the average rate stuff I've been getting. And it's super lovely because it's one of the few traits that actively works against you in terms of playing how you want. I can't think of a single character that could be played optimally without ever jumping. Even heavy hitters like Bane and Scarecrow use j3 to pretty good effect.

That and it becomes useless at 20.

Xeremides posted:

It's the boots that decide whether she has pants or not, and my boots, after like 15 regens, are still stuck at around 119.

Right, but I mean the blue skirt is part of the top piece. So if you use pants she still has the skirt on over them.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If you just play ranked you can make your characters look like whatever you like and not have to worry about stats at all :viggo:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So people are saying this game is pretty pad friendly because it doesn't have circle motions. But how are y'all actually holding the pad?

I'm practicing with Poison Ivy and she has a bunch of alternating strings (121213 is a really fun one) that, if I hold the controller normally with just my thumb on the buttons, I cannot press them fast enough. If hover my hand over the buttons more like a piano (or arcade stick, I guess), I can dial that in ten times in a row without breaking a sweat. But then I can't hit the meter burn button very easily, and her meter burn command throw seems super useful.

Specifically ivy, you wanna input the first part normally and then slide your thumb across the buttons for the second half. Might be a bit weird at first but its consistent.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think he was probably throwing to prove a point but I just beat Tom Brady in the Superman mirror online lol

Is there a way to watch the last five minutes of his current Twitch broadcast?

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 31, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

If you just play ranked you can make your characters look like whatever you like and not have to worry about stats at all :viggo:

while I pay attention to stats for gear, if something looks good I will never get rid of it and would rather just regen it when I level up. Even if something has better stats I would rather keep something that looks rad versus a hosed up idiotic hat or gloves. For those reasons I refused to put those wussy mittens on Darkseid over a statistically worse pair of sweet gauntlets.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just play Superman where all his gear looks bad except for like three pieces. Easiest character to gear up ever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

I think he was probably throwing to prove a point but I just beat Tom Brady in the Superman mirror online lol

No, you'll have to wait until it goes up in his gallery, if he does that.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I figured out why I kept loving up loading an ice arrow at the end of my combos. If you freeze a dude, you can't load another ice arrow in that combo, but can freely load a different arrow type. I tried to do it like 80 times before I realized :downs:.

My go-to easy execution Green Arrow combo is now whatever into freeze b3 j3 3df1. Hit the j3 as late as possible in your jump. Optimal stuff is like b3 ff 3db1 b23df1 or some hard nonsense like that. In any case, if you're close you have a ton of time to load a (non-ice) arrow after the freeze but before the b3. If you're not close or you want to load another ice arrow then the df1 gives you a good bit of time to do so.

Most of this has already been answered, but I have a few extra bits to add. Pause the game and take a look at the move list, it'll tell you the inputs for stuff (like the different arrows) and what stuff can be meterburned; if you really want to dig in deep it'll also show you stuff like startup frames and block advantage. You can tech a throw by doing your own throw at the same time, however you can't do this on reaction, you have to predict that it's coming; it also only works on normal throws, if your opponent has a special move throw then you can't tech it. Jumping, backdashing, or using a move with armor will also beat throws.

Finally, yes, your b3 is real useful and, to tie everything together here, you can meterburn it (every character can meterburn their b3 and f3) to get a hit of armor. Green Arrow in particular has great tools at long range with his arrows and good tools at close range with d1 and f2, but there's a dead zone in between where his options aren't great. In that range b3MB is one of your best options. It's safe on block so if you got the meter go hog wild with it, but also experiment with using jumps, dashes, db2, and bf3 to move to a more advantageous spacing for you.

Great feedback. I will give this a shot and thanks for the tips!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nuts. I tuned into his stream after the match and his chat was all saying stuff like "ROASTED" and "GOT HIM" so I was hoping to see what he said lol

I just checked and his gallery is for subs only. This is the worst day of my life.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Good job

now get tom mad enough to have him tell you to go kill yourself.

That's still one of my crowning achievements.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lmao at a tournament or online?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

lmao at a tournament or online?

Online, i'm a poor boy can never afford to travel to tournaments :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The other day I beat someone who had played 1400 ranked matches that is my biggest achievement

Also how the gently caress have people already played 1400 ranked matches

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

Evil Canadian posted:

Good job

now get tom mad enough to have him tell you to go kill yourself.

That's still one of my crowning achievements.

Need to hear about this :allears:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

The other day I beat someone who had played 1400 ranked matches that is my biggest achievement

some people just really do nothing but play games every free minute they have

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sometimes I do my 5 AI battles and I see people that have thousands of those. :confused:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DLC Inc posted:

some people just really do nothing but play games every free minute they have

Or as I like to call it, living the dream.

Also in any loot-based online mode you're going to see a lot of people loss botting.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just timed my ranked match, and with 1 clash and both characters on their second health bar it took just over two minutes, so lets assume an average of 2:30 for a ranked game. Lets say it takes 45 seconds to find a match and pick characters and stages. That's 3:15 (225 seconds) for one ranked match.

1400 x 225s = 315,000 seconds, or 5250 minutes, or 87.5 hours. The game's been out for two weeks, so that's ~6.5 hours a day. I guarantee there are people in here that have played multiverse for almost as long lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fadam posted:

I just timed my ranked match, and with 1 clash and both characters on their second health bar it took just over two minutes, so lets assume an average of 2:30 for a ranked game. Lets say it takes 45 seconds to find a match and pick characters and stages. That's 3:15 (225 seconds) for one ranked match.

1400 x 225s = 315,000 seconds, or 5250 minutes, or 87.5 hours. The game's been out for two weeks, so that's ~6.5 hours a day. I guarantee there are people in here that have played multiverse for almost as long lol

That's also excluding any player match, practice, multiverse, solo stuff, etc. What the poo poo lmao

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

24 hours in a day too. Pretty sad to only be averaging 6.5 per day. What are these gamers doing the other 17.5?!?!?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For a second I thought y'all were talking about Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and I was like, he plays Injustice?

fadam posted:

Sliding between the buttons instead of pushing them makes that string 100x easier.

Like press down one then slide your thumb back and forth.

Thanks, this totally works. I feel a little less precise on execution but that's what doing it 100 times in practice mode is for. I think I have landed on Poison Ivy as my main, she's really fun with all those flurry strings, her animations look cool, she has good anti-air and zoning, and she has a pet :3: I really do hope I can find some pants though

he1ixx posted:

- I completely do NOT understand meter burn. I tried playing with it last night in practice mode and think I'm missing something. Most of the time it didn't work when I had plenty of meter to use. Is it just a few moves that it works with? it is totally confusing since it is talked about everywhere like its just a thing and honestly I hadn't even heard of it before I got the game.

As mentioned, the move list tells you which moves have a meter burn version, and it also gives you a hint to the actual timing. Each move is different on timing: some you have to press MB instantly with the final button, some you have to wait for the move to connect and press in the middle of the animation, which is like a half second later. You have to just try it out and see. Also MB is used for certain other key moves: "push blocking" to repel an opponent who's pressuring you, "armored roll" to close in on someone who's zoning you out, and "air escape" to jump out from someone who's juggling you in the air. The tutorial has more stuff on these MB moves.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 31, 2017

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Calaveron posted:

The Injustice comic has kind of a rough start but I remember the consensus being that soon after it became the best series being published by DC at the time which I also understand wasn't that great of an achievement
Yeah, once it gets over the mandated "Joker tricks Superman into killing Lois (who is pregnant) and then nuking Metropolis" insanely dark and horrible opening it gets good and accelerates to great. There's a bit of a quality dip when Tom Taylor leaves, and the later years suffer a bit because once Superman's established the Regime and Batman is leading the resistance in hiding, they really can't do much else plot-wise since that needs to be the status quo for when the video game starts. That said, they do a good job of covering it by focusing on corners of the DCU that weren't really mentioned in Injustice 1, and overall it's a drat good comic book on its own merits, and a million times better than the prequel comic to a video game deserved to be.

On non-comics topics, what the hell were they thinking with Arcade Mode? I shouldn't have to go to Google to learn that you buried one of the core modes of any fighting game inside a Multiverse submenu under a different name, Netherrealm. You guys know better than that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

On non-comics topics, what the hell were they thinking with Arcade Mode? I shouldn't have to go to Google to learn that you buried one of the core modes of any fighting game inside a Multiverse submenu under a different name, Netherrealm. You guys know better than that.

we live in a society where not even the latest Street Fighter game has an Arcade Mode, be grateful! it sort of makes sense since that's also where endless mode is kept, too. Basically that's Towers in a nutshell from the previous game.

I'd really like to see them put in something like Shadow Lords where you recruit characters for a team.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think NRS really wants players to engage with the multiverse because it's the strongest and most original area of the game. In MKX the special towers were about on equal footing with the standard modes presentation-wise.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Prygelknabe posted:

Need to hear about this :allears:

Ehh not much of a grand story to it but I trolled him a lot on TYM, beat him a bunch online, then trolled him more on TYM. He proceeded to tell me to kill myself among other things, then says he was quitting MK forever(which lasted for like a week).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

Ehh not much of a grand story to it but I trolled him a lot on TYM, beat him a bunch online, then trolled him more on TYM. He proceeded to tell me to kill myself among other things, then says he was quitting MK forever(which lasted for like a week).

You're a bully :colbert:

But you bullied a nerd so it's A-OK in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

fadam posted:

It's not that much like you say, there are players who are playing 12+hours of Overwatch daily :psyduck: I'd love to have that kind of free time but when I'm not at work I have stuff to do, AI loadout really is a blessing for multitasking chores :black101:

• Locked thread