Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

He did that already. Not in the streets, but at his rallies. He didn't pass legislation, he just de facto got away with it.

sounds like hes a real winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III represents every single thing wrong with modern conservatism.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
...I'm pretty sure the extra likes/retweets for covfefe were because it was really funny

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Apoplexy posted:

I need to watch Fargo S3. I've got the first episode just waiting to be watched, but I just keep putting it off. How good is it, S1 good, S2 good, or Not Fargo S1 Or S2 Good, But Pretty Good Just The Same

It's the best so far. I'd rank them S3>S1>>>>S2. The main characters are excellent, with Ewan MacGregor being two of them as identical twins and he pulls off the huge differences between them so well. It's not often that a TV show or Movie has any real emotional impact on me but that scene tonight did. The last time I experienced that was Magnolia when they're all singing Wise Up and it switches from "don't give up" to "just give up".

But what do I know, Trump turned me into a giant liberal pussy baby man.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

It's the best so far. I'd rank them S3>S1>>>>S2. The main characters are excellent, with Ewan MacGregor being two of them as identical twins and he pulls off the huge differences between them so well. It's not often that a TV show or Movie has any real emotional impact on me but that scene tonight did. The last time I experienced that was Magnolia when they're all singing Wise Up and it switches from "don't give up" to "just give up".

But what do I know, Trump turned me into a giant liberal pussy baby man.

Jokes on you, you always were one, it just took domnald troamp to make you see it. We're all liberal pussy baby man

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, this is the real story imo. A lot of people suspected huge numbers of bots operating on Trump's Twitter account before, but the covfefe thing was as hard an evidence as we can expect to have for it.

The real question imo is who is paying for those bots, and how exactly are they being used to influence public opinion (by liking/retweeting certain posts over others).

Or... is it a simple matter of Trump's immediate family buying lots of followers in an effort to sustain his bottomless hunger for attention and validation? I've said this before: I can totally see Ivanka doing it because she is genuinely afraid of what might happen if her father has some sort of mental crisis over not having enough support.

Recently it's Mark Dice, his meme replies always have thousands of retweets. It's really obvious.

Mark Dice is a humorless, joyless conspiracy theorist, like an Alex Jones without emotion.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

theflyingorc posted:

...I'm pretty sure the extra likes/retweets for covfefe were because it was really funny

Like this one, with even higher numbers. Just a sec, hard to type this in while I'm shaking so hard from all the laughing.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869858333477523458

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sloober posted:

Jokes on you, you always were one, it just took domnald troamp to make you see it. We're all liberal pussy baby man

... wow ... I was the giant liberal pussy baby man.. the whole time? I see it all so clearly now. Thank you.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lassitude posted:

Yes. He is also a target of the probe.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/30/congressional-russia-probe-now-includes-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen.html

The guy is a colossal piece of poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nps8o-godjE

When Trump raped one of his ex-wives he also defended Trump by saying under the law a husband forcing himself on his wife is not classified as rape.

This one simple trick wives who despise their husband DON'T want you to know!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

RandomBlue posted:

Like this one, with even higher numbers. Just a sec, hard to type this in while I'm shaking so hard from all the laughing.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869858333477523458

...it contains the thing that the internet found really funny, yes

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Mustached Demon posted:

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III represents every single thing wrong with modern conservatism.

Which is funny, because he also represents everything wrong about conservatism 160 years ago too!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Glazier posted:

Look everyone, the New Republic figured out what Dems need to do to win in 2018, just double double down on conservative centrism!

https://newrepublic.com/article/142372/elitism-liberalisms-biggest-problem

:barf::barf::barf:

So, with the exception of "don't constantly yell that America is Satan and that Obama is a war criminal", its basically the leftists "stop pushing identity politics" thing. Stop trying to prevent gun violence, abandon Muslims and other minorities, never try to point out that Republicans are actually bad. All its missing is saying that racism is just a myth created by the rich and it'd be perfect.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Majorian posted:

Which is funny, because he also represents everything wrong about conservatism 160 years ago too!

Fuckin democrats

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

RandomBlue posted:

The fake followers were the reason the whole thing took off. Trump tweets some lame accidental tweet and within a couple hours, probably less, there were over 70K retweets and more than 120k likes and plateaued for a while before the tweet was deleted. It was the most obvious indicator of the massive number of bots still being used to manipulate the public through social media. From there it snowballed from "LOL, bot much?" to: "OBVIOUSLY it's not bots but the secret of humanity, maybe even those that come after the orb!".

The President's twitter is a constant source of material for 2 of twitter's most active and thinkfluential groups: comedians and reporters/journos (who are merely comedians who haven't followed their dreams yet). The growth and attention that received was organically viral rather than botdriven, because it was the exact right blend of an activity lull, unintentional hilarity, and collective blank slate that drove humortwitter in the first place.

Bots didn't drive it...
https://twitter.com/KevinFarzad/status/869800980073910272

Mustached Demon posted:

The piece of poo poo comes from the old guard, where you had to put in the work to earn your bonafides. Paul Ryan rolled up like something from came out of central casting when the Beltway press craved a technocraty wonk narrative and he's been frantically trying to avoid loving up the gravy train since.

e:

Majorian posted:

exactly

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Fulchrum posted:

So, with the exception of "don't constantly yell that America is Satan and that Obama is a war criminal", its basically the leftists "stop pushing identity politics" thing. Stop trying to prevent gun violence, abandon Muslims and other minorities, never try to point out that Republicans are actually bad. All its missing is saying that racism is just a myth created by the rich and it'd be perfect.

I haven't read the piece yet, but I feel fairly certain that this isn't at all what it says.

e: I guessed correctly! What are the odds?!

Majorian fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 1, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Paracaidas posted:

The President's twitter is a constant source of material for 2 of twitter's most active and thinkfluential groups: comedians and reporters/journos (who are merely comedians who haven't followed their dreams yet). The growth and attention that received was organically viral rather than botdriven, because it was the exact right blend of an activity lull, unintentional hilarity, and collective blank slate that drove humortwitter in the first place.

Bots didn't drive it...
It's also dumb to say that bots drove it because why would they pick this tweet instead of any other? the bots just thought covfefe was funny?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

ReidRansom posted:

Here is a news so you will all shut up about that person

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/870071829431320576
This is almost certainly either muddled or outright bullshit, but I'm choosing to read it as an admission on the part of the Trump administration that the Executive Branch is full of people acting as agents of foreign powers.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Typos happen all the time, but what usually doesn't happen is the president making a statement and stopping mid-thought, and leaving that thought incomplete for a whole day and counting.

It's obvious that he was going to tout the success of his trip in which he curtsied to the king of Saudi Arabia and then ruined our relationship with Germany for no loving reason, but he never got around to doing it.

I know that palling around with dictators is a sadly bipartisan tradition, but I don't know of a president who did so exclusively.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

theflyingorc posted:

It's also dumb to say that bots drove it because why would they pick this tweet instead of any other? the bots just thought covfefe was funny?

He had gotten a very large influx of bot followers in the last week

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

ignorant motherfucker doesn't know how to spell barron lol what a goober

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

theflyingorc posted:

Can't believe you fell for my puppety masterbing! ha ha!

And you suckers thought I was wrong but I'm sure you all realize right now how you've been played the fool. Dance silly puppet dance.

Did I do that right?

... Ok, fine, signs might be pointing to indicators that there's a remote possibility that I might somehow have misread the situation due to extenuating factors. This single incident is obviously the exception that proves my continual rightness.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Paracaidas posted:

Bots didn't drive it...

The piece of poo poo comes from the old guard, where you had to put in the work to earn your bonafides. Paul Ryan rolled up like something from came out of central casting when the Beltway press craved a technocraty wonk narrative and he's been frantically trying to avoid loving up the gravy train since.

e:

exactly

Same poo poo different day. Paul Ryans the same.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dr Christmas posted:

Typos happen all the time, but what usually doesn't happen is the president making a statement and stopping mid-thought, and leaving that thought incomplete for a whole day and counting.

He passed out, was interrupted, etc.. around midnight and the tweet was deleted 4-6 hours later when someone who could do something about it woke or was woken up eventually, none of that is as abnormal as you think it is. The actual abnormal part is that our President consistently posts horrible poo poo for the world to see on a virtually non-stop basis because he has the impulse control of a toddler and is constantly seeking approval and praise from any outlet that will give it to him.

If you actually care what the original tweet actually was and can't guess from the general idea from what was given and history of similar statements and think a lot of other people care about that then I don't know what to tell you.

Just in case, I'll clear it up: "Despite the constant negative press cov[erage, I still did everything better than anyone else has or ever will!]" I'm sure there are multiple Trump Tweet Generator sites that could finish that tweet with a statement that has the exact same message: The media are picking on me and are unfair and I'm the best winner ever anyway!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Groovelord Neato posted:

sessions getting lynched would turn into autoerotic asphyxiation right quick.

I would appreciate it if you didn't kink shame.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress yeah, surveilling the press!

Everyone is spying on everyone. I'm inside you right now.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

RandomBlue posted:

Everyone is spying on everyone. I'm inside you right now.

Tonight on Inside Edition...

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

In my head I read this paragraph in a Jeff Sessions southern accent and the prose waxed downright poetic.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Apoplexy posted:

God damnit. I was just watching Justified and enjoying his acting for a moment, too.

Well at the very least he can do a great job at pretending to not be huge loving rear end in a top hat. I liked him in Justified too. Thankfully I didn't learn about the actual person until after the series was over.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 1, 2017

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Furnaceface posted:

Do these people actually want nothing but a single family to inherit the presidency? Do they not teach history anymore? :psyduck:

It'll be fixed soon and everyone will know that Andrew Jackson would've ridden his robot dinosaur tanks all over those feminine liberal elitist carpetbaggers in the north during the civil war if Killary hadn't emailed Satan in his Mohhamed form back through time to destroy every good and right thing in that beautiful land before spreading his demon spawn across the entire Middle East!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Furnaceface posted:

Do these people actually want nothing but a single family to inherit the presidency? Do they not teach history anymore? :psyduck:

There are conservatives who don't know poo poo or don't care about policy, and just like to see those dirty liberals get angry. They probably figure that the GOP won't hurt white people too much...right?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zil posted:

Not going to lie, being able to salute a cyborg president would be pretty cool.

Tammy Duckworth 2020.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:swoon:President Eric Trump :swoon:

That's obviously what America wants.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 1, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Furnaceface posted:

Even for those that know the consequences of one-party rule, of a single family controlling the WH for 40 years or more, of climate change, etc etc., all that take a back seat to "pissing off liberals". This isn't just the younger troll demographic or the alt-right or whatever else, either. Plenty of old farts want to burn down the world, too, for no other reason than liberals and millennials really do not want to do that.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Argas posted:

There are conservatives who don't know poo poo or don't care about policy, and just like to see those dirty liberals get angry. They probably figure that the GOP won't hurt white people too much...right?

Coming from a conservative background myself, "lol, librul tears!" was a universally accepted way of life. "Man, I don't really want to have to drink poison and die but if it's makin' them libruls mad it HAS to be good!" *tries to vote yes 12 times*

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RandomBlue posted:

Coming from a conservative background myself, "lol, librul tears!" was a universally accepted way of life. "Man, I don't really want to have to drink poison and die but if it's makin' them libruls mad it HAS to be good!" *tries to vote yes 12 times*

They assume the status quo won't really change, that the government and bureaucracy and all those social services will keep running and benefit them. I mean, there have been Republican presidents before and they didn't destroy the government! So the government is safe and liberals cry! It's a win win!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They'll also blame liberals when the costs of foot debridement jump 750%.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Discendo Vox posted:

http://www.committeetodefendthepresident.com/

The above just had a bunch of ads appear on network tv. It's by a known, not very sophisticated, scam artist who creates fake 503s.

I hope this person will be very succesfull in scamming racist geriatrics out of their life savings.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pacmania90 posted:

Hey Stone Cold, do you believe that leftists and antifas should buy guns and use them to kill nazis?

me personally no

but if you have no sort of worries re: mental illness and suicide worries, and you actually approach gun safety with the utmost seriousness and understand the only function of a gun is to destroy and therefore never point it at anything you intend to destroy i guess ok

still not a big fan of guns tbh

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Argas posted:

They assume the status quo won't really change, that the government and bureaucracy and all those social services will keep running and benefit them. I mean, there have been Republican presidents before and they didn't destroy the government! So the government is safe and liberals cry! It's a win win!

From what I've seen from both sides of the aisle it really comes back to generations of evangelicals on the right indoctrinating their children to believe that right versus the left is literally the children of God fighting against the Devil and his minions, whether they were aware of being his tools or not.

That's not hyperbole, it is literally what they teach with no effort to hide it or excuse it as metaphor or anything other than the bat-poo poo crazy that it sounds like because by the time you're old enough to understand what they're talking about you're generally way past the point of no return.

It's the same basic premise Scientology uses to get you so invested in time and money that by the time you've hit the real core of the laughably insane bullshit at the center most people are so far in they're true believers for any "truth" that comes from the source or just cannot admit to themselves that they've wasted almost everything committing to a cause who's ultimate truth is essentially a gilded tome opening slowly to reveal dickbutt.

Dickbutt may be ultimate truth of humanity. It's dickbutts all the way down. Oh poo poo, I think I might like the ending to The Dome now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That's the only way to approach guns: a tool used only to destroy whatever you use it on. It's really not a hard concept.

• Locked thread