Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Tip for hiding: sometimes the best hiding spot is right in the same cabin as another counselor! If you're a high stealth counselor, you can wait until Jason busts in, let your buddy deal with him(i.e. get gruesomely murdered), while you just ride it out under a bed. Often Jason will either not realize you were in there in the first place, or assume you jumped out a window. They also tend to not double check the cabin with Sense before they leave to make sure they got everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So can someone tell me how to avoid the tele-grab? I swear I cannot figure it out and sometimes I just get absolutely screwed.

Also guys if you see a big radio antenna thing on a cabin it means inside is where you call tommy from. Call tommy damnit!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Coolguye posted:

So a number of folks have asked for a full run of my singing Jason gimmick, I went ahead and did it yesterday and got lucky enough to have some Twitch streamstar on there as well reacting to it. It wasn't as good as people mistaking it for gospel music but it was still pretty amusing.

My view is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B04AXaHkNhA here. Apologies for my many years old mic giving a static crackle in the background, there's not much I can do about that.

The streamer I happened to random into has her archive video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148420657. The match starts at 56:00. I wasn't able to hear most of her reactions to my 'chanting', as she puts it, and her chat also has a pretty what the gently caress reaction to it, so it's a decent watch.

drat it was already removed.
Edit: nevermind. found it when looking through the streamer's channel. But for some reason the link doesn't work for me.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 1, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Republicans posted:

It happens with Part 6, too. It's an annoying quirk of the spear type weapon.

it's an annoying quirk of swinging your weapon into a window and getting it stuck in the wooden framework. All Jason's have this happen randomly.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Haven't been able to join a single session since yesterday. The game is doing a pretty bad job at not making me want to delete it and play Party Hard instead.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Knifegrab posted:

So can someone tell me how to avoid the tele-grab? I swear I cannot figure it out and sometimes I just get absolutely screwed.

Nothing if they get you right out of shifting. Your best bet is to run towards where they were when they shift and hope they over-shoot.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Juke like crazy and hope for the best.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Castor Poe posted:

Haven't been able to join a single session since yesterday. The game is doing a pretty bad job at not making me want to delete it and play Party Hard instead.

Well unlike Party Hard, F13 is a fun game. If that's your alternative when you can't play F13 then might I instead suggest watching paint dry while punching yourself in the balls.

Unbalanced fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 1, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

SilverSupernova posted:

drat it was already removed.
Edit: nevermind. found it when looking through the streamer's channel. But for some reason the link doesn't work for me.

Worked for me when I tested it just now - feel free to post the link you found it on though, I'll pop it back into that post.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Weirdly enough, the URL was the exact same as what you posted, but when I clicked on the link in your post I got a "page does not exist" message from twitch. Might have just been a brief issue on Twitch's end.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

God it's maddening when the baseball bat refuses to do anything no matter how many times it bounces off of Jason as he just saunters around.

Also, how the hell are there people with Part 9 unlocked already? Goddamn.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 1, 2017

Cyberdud
Sep 6, 2005

Space pedestrian
There is so much salt on the steam forums the devs had to make an actual statement about the future of the Savini / counselor skins.

Tl:dr : They will never be available ever again, we gave plenty of notice of this, get over it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1291817837616319469/

Now, to see if they actually stick with this or crack under the pressure. Time will tell

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Cyberdud posted:

There is so much salt on the steam forums the devs had to make an actual statement about the future of the Savini / counselor skins.

Tl:dr : They will never be available ever again, we gave plenty of notice of this, get over it.

Now, to see if they actually stick with this or crack under the pressure. Time will tell

there is this savage guy named Friend Computer who is also quite dashing reminding people that they are salty babies.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Republicans posted:

Also, how the hell are there people with Part 9 unlocked already? Goddamn.

If they don't have to go to work then yea I can see it happening. I'm halfway there but my birthday was this week and I have a full-time job, etc. If I had twice as much free time there's a chance I'd be at 30 already because this is the only game I've been playing since Friday.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Carebearz posted:

there is this savage guy named Friend Computer who is also quite dashing reminding people that they are salty babies.

:justpost: the screenshots. I don't actually want to wade through all those tears.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Does anybody like playing as Kenny? I feel like middle-of-the-road stats don't end up being very useful, since you're not particularly suited in any one area to take on/avoid Jason.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

404notfound posted:

Does anybody like playing as Kenny? I feel like middle-of-the-road stats don't end up being very useful, since you're not particularly suited in any one area to take on/avoid Jason.

Is Kenny the dude in the leather jacket or the black dude? I haven't unlocked the leather jacket yet and I want to play him strictly on aesthetics alone, but I did play a game with the other dude and he was pretty good. His speed and strength were pretty good if I'm remembering correctly, but I don't think I got to play him long before the game crashed and I went back to AJ.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

404notfound posted:

He's only useful to play as if you want to play the closest thing to a Jon Tron lookalike in video games.

Otherwise you should only ever get him at random

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
He's not bad if you're new and unsure what you want to spend the match doing or how you'd like to die.

My mission is to become a dangerous Buggzy. With the +20% melee stun and inceased axe damage perks I unlocked, I find I can one-shot down just about any Jason. The problem is landing the hit reliably.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I dunno if you're taking Jason gimmick suggestions, Coolguye, but I just had a perfect one pop into my head-a Mr. Torgue soundboard. Mostly because Jason bellowing "THIS IS GONNA BE SICK" while smashing down the door is hilarious.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 1, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

joylessdivision posted:

:justpost: the screenshots. I don't actually want to wade through all those tears.

I would, but i'm not at home

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The PS4 backer rewards don't even work yet. :sigh:

I don't get the saltiness. The people who paid for the game to be made in the first place deserve something extra.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

VolticSurge posted:

I dunno if you're taking Jason gimmicks, Coolguye, but I just had a perfect one pop into my head-a Mr. Torgue soundboard. Mostly because Jason bellowing "THIS IS GONNA BE SICK" while smashing down the door is hilarious.

NOTHING IS MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH ~RESPECT~!

(Said while snapping Tiffany in half)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

I dunno if you're taking Jason gimmick suggestions, Coolguye, but I just had a perfect one pop into my head-a Mr. Torgue soundboard. Mostly because Jason bellowing "THIS IS GONNA BE SICK" while smashing down the door is hilarious.

I haven't played the Borderlands games after 1, but picturing Jason Voorhees portrayed by a smack talking Hercule has become the highlight of this week for me.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cyberdud posted:

I think people are pissed cause they called it a skin not a full new character which is fair-ish imo. :shrug:

It's ugly as sin tho

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

weekly font posted:

I think people are pissed cause they called it a skin not a full new character which is fair-ish imo. :shrug:

It's ugly as sin tho

Honestly, the most profound differences between the Jasons are the movement speeds. Everything else is noticeable, but relatively minor.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

(Said while snapping Vanessa in half)

FTFY

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
So far I only play as Savini Jason because hosts often pick me to be Jason just so they can see it in action.

So far I've clean-sweeper the counselors twice as Jason. Still never survived though. I know what I need to do to win, but I just keep having bad luck. I was mere feet from the boat with the gas (after installing the propellor long ago, when he morphed right on top of me. The one time I got the car going the game hard crashed.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Trying to fight Jason is maddening because there are times when he's able to walk around and attack/grab you but your attacks just bounce off of him like when he's stunned.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

VolticSurge posted:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

(Said while snapping Tiffany in half)

sold

e: i need to figure out how to wire these things up to my mic in game

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Cyberdud posted:

I've heard of first-world problems before but holeeeey poo poo

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Republicans posted:

Trying to fight Jason is maddening because there are times when he's able to walk around and attack/grab you but your attacks just bounce off of him like when he's stunned.

This depends on the weapon and your character's attack stat.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Unbalanced posted:

I've heard of first-world problems before but holeeeey poo poo

Actually it's about ethics in video game DLC

Gamers are bitch babies

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

weekly font posted:

Actually it's about ethics in video game DLC

Gamers are bitch babies

Seriously. I'm skimming through that thread and now I hope they never sell Savini Jason again just to piss these people off. I'm a shut-in that fears sunlight and bees and even I have to tell these whiners to get out more.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I hope they surprise the backers with even more exclusive stuff down the road just to troll those goobers even more.

They don't even have to make it free. Just only sell it to backers and watch the Marketing 101 cretins come out of the woodwork.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

Tip for hiding: sometimes the best hiding spot is right in the same cabin as another counselor! If you're a high stealth counselor, you can wait until Jason busts in, let your buddy deal with him(i.e. get gruesomely murdered), while you just ride it out under a bed. Often Jason will either not realize you were in there in the first place, or assume you jumped out a window. They also tend to not double check the cabin with Sense before they leave to make sure they got everyone.

I've been doing this for the past few days with really successful results. I've heard the music start and crouch (been maiming Kenny just because until starting The Chad last night), creep under a bed...a lot of times lately I've noticed people running to my current cabin fleeing Jason or if I happen to be with 1-3 others and the music starts I will dive under a bed.

The most tense feeling as of late has been hiding and hearing the screams and sounds of slaughter outside the cabin while hiding. Jason has also walked by my bed in pursuit of someone else and even when my character screams at that, he often seems to ignore it or think it's who he is pursuing. :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fosson posted:

I've been doing this for the past few days with really successful results. I've heard the music start and crouch (been maiming Kenny just because until starting The Chad last night), creep under a bed...a lot of times lately I've noticed people running to my current cabin fleeing Jason or if I happen to be with 1-3 others and the music starts I will dive under a bed.

The most tense feeling as of late has been hiding and hearing the screams and sounds of slaughter outside the cabin while hiding. Jason has also walked by my bed in pursuit of someone else and even when my character screams at that, he often seems to ignore it or think it's who he is pursuing. :v:

If I'm ever in a cabin with at least one other person and the music starts, I find a hiding spot. They rarely do, and the Vanessa standing in the open always leads Jason on a merry chase away from me.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fosson posted:

A lot of times Jasons don't even want to mess with going through all the beds and closets in the early game, especially if there are other potential targets nearby.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Unbalanced posted:

Seriously. I'm skimming through that thread and now I hope they never sell Savini Jason again just to piss these people off. I'm a shut-in that fears sunlight and bees and even I have to tell these whiners to get out more.

I don't really understand this vitriol at all. I can get if you disagree with their stance, but their argument is a vaild one. Regardless of whether or not you think the differences are considerable enough to justify this practice, it's still locking a different playing character behind an exclusivity deal, and that's just lovely practice.

If they released another Jason that played exactly the same but looked more generic, I'm positive a large percentage of people complaining about it would be satisfied.

Kamikaze Raider fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalimar
Mar 20, 2006

Anyone have any extra Steam keys of the Savini design for sale? I missed the Backerkit and didn't think it would be a class, just a skin.

• Locked thread