Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Sooner or later and you just snap on them that, yes, they are a stupid goddamn ugly idiot who cant do anything right and you have always resented the fact you cant say the word apricot without inserting the letter w into it.

Where did the 'w' go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

apwicot presumably

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pwesumabwy

Actually that reads like a city in Poland

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 2, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

I uh feel like being called the Japanese equivalent of "halfie" for being mixed is way more offensive than the part about the weird cat

Its one hundred percent the joke and shes not getting it. Japan, unlike say China, doesnt have a thing for half white/half japanese kids because theyre super duper racist so its not even jealousy its just racism.

The way to get back at the sister, of course, is to take photos of her cooking, cleaning, etc and say it looks just like shed do it or American caliber. Id say learn the language but, guess what, Japans so racist even if you learn and are fluent nobody gives a poo poo and will ignore the japanese coming out of your mouth because you are a foreigner.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My [25f] husband [25m] of 6 yrs has gone back to old ways. I left. He is begging for another chance but can't tell me why he was wrong.

quote:

I'll try to keep it brief. My husband, Ryan, and I were best friends through high school and married young. We waited a while to have a child so his utter failure at fatherhood I initially chalked up to not having life experience... we were both only children, so we didn't have much to do with kids.

Our daughter, now three, was colicky and inconsolable most nights. The vomiting was every day, like the exorcist!! I quit my job rather than let him care for her on his off days because of how hostile he would get when dealing with her, I was afraid he'd hurt her. He would threaten me any time I left the house, telling me he was never going to be the one to care for her again. We went to therapy and he did anger management.

Then he became avoidant toward her. "She just wants you," he would say, whether I had work the next day and he didn't, whether I had fever and he didn't. He didn't know how to handle her because he wouldn't try. He acted like I had all the answers and most of the time, I didn't know what I was doing either, but I was concerned for her and that outweighed my discomfort.

Our daughter was diagnosed with a GI disorder around age one. He turned a new leaf. She is three now and he prepares her special meals, he disciplines her fairly, he takes her to jazz class and any medical appointments. He interfaces with her teachers. She cries for Ryan in the night, not me. He far surpassed any hope or expectation of what I thought he could be to us.

Now, because he'd become parent of the year, I felt like our family was healed. We mutually decided to try for a boy. Our family was complete with the addition of our now 3 month old son. Our son is the exact opposite of his sister. He sleeps through the night, he even is sick right now and he's happy despite congestion. No reflux. Ryan can feed him, play with him, he even took care of both kids alone for a week while I was out of town and he handled it so well.
Three nights ago, I had been feeling really gross all day. I made the comment that I missed being pregnant because it took my nausea away (I have been nauseated every day, all my life, except when pregnant!!). Well turns out I got a stomach bug. ((TMI sorry)) I had a couple of rounds of vomiting and diarrhea, threw up everything I'd eaten all day long. I crawled into bed, sore, and wearing adult diapers left over from post partum bleeding, just in case of any accidents. I could barely hold my head up.

Not even thirty minutes pass and Jr is crying for food. I hadn't prepared a bottle, so I asked Ryan if he could get a bottle ready for his feeding. He grumbles a little because he's playing a game online but he gets out of bed and makes the botle. Comes back. Hands it to me.

I said babe... you have to be kidding. He responds with "you know how much I hate babies." He is serious. He gets back into bed, sits the laptop on his stomach, and continues his game.

I get Jr out of his bassinet, lay him down, prop his botle with my foot and change his diaper. My stomach churns. I say, Ryan, I can't, please take him.... no sooner does Ryan get up, expletives under his breath, than I turn to the side and vomit all over the floor and side of the mattress. Ryan doesn't say anything as the stench of diarrhea blooms and the wetness of my retching drat near echoes in the room. It was humiliating to say the least, and to have him next to me, grumbling about having to feed his own child?

I get up, change MY diaper, clean myself and go to clean up the mess in our bedroom. Jr is now asleep right where he was when I had him in my lap, so I have to move him to get back into bed. He cries and needs settling back to sleep. More grumbled swearing but Ryan doesn't wait to be asked.

I tell him I have to take something to stop the vomiting and that it will probably put me to sleep. He says he can handle the baby. In the night, he doesn't even stir when I'm awoken by hysterical crying for a night feeding. I hit him to wake him up, he says what the gently caress? And goes back to sleep.

So I think gently caress that son of a bitch. I let him sleep, groggy and miserable, I slather on the hand sanitizer and I make a bottle and feed the boy. Rinse and repeat.

The next day I tell him that what he did the night before was he shittiest he has treated me in a long time. He had nothing to say. So I got the kids and I went to my moms. He has called me 800 times but not once has he said I'm sorry, that was lovely of me, nor offered any insight into what he should have done instead.

My parents think I am overreacting. He obviously thinks that too. I didn't have a second baby so I could slave away like I did with my first, with him having no empathy whatsoever for a newborn. My dad is like "So he will come around in a year like he did with the first kid." I think it is ridiculous that he thought it was acceptable to let his wife, with a stomach virus, care for a newborn with a respiratory illness, while actively vomiting.

TLDR: My husband Ryan was a really lovely dad for the first year of our daughter's life. Then he became great and we mutually decided to try for a boy. Now we have him and my husband is showing signs of being a lovely parent again. He thought it was perfectly fine to refuse to feed our son while I was puking and crapping all over myself because he had a game to play!!! I left him and my parents and he are treating me like I am overreacting but he has offered not even a hint of an apology or understanding of why I am angry.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Wow, she vomited herself lovely.

I'm impressed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I [24f] dread going to see my inlaws [28M and 40sF] of 2 years because I am not attractive and skinny enough for themRelationships
658 points 270 comments submitted 1 year ago by Maythebestgeneswin to r/relationships

I am a slightly overweight, acne ridden female. My husband is pretty good looking, which I don't think he realizes.

I met my in laws once before, we stayed there for two weeks then. My MIL and BIL were really cold to me. I asked my husband [27M] what he thought was up and he said 'I think they expected me to bring home a swimsuite model instead of someone I like for who they are'. That really stung, but later I found out that it's true.

I was in the bedroom but they live in a trailer so I could hear MIL talk to my husband in the living room. She was saying in a taunting voice 'be honest, do you find my name attractive? There's a lot of cute girls your age you know'. My husband got pissy at her and walked away.

Then we had to go to a semi-fancy restaurant (think Red Lobster) and my MIL got me a sweater for the ocassion. Really nice of her I thought at the time. Well it was extremely low cut, my boobs practically came out and I have triple Ds. My husband's aunt apparetly said I was showing off my tits and flirting with the waiter while I was in the bathroom.

My BIL when we first got there made me really uneasy. He kept trying to talk to my husband about weight and being healthy and how women who are respectful of their guys will lose weight for them? Later I found like 5 drawings of really busty naked women under his bed (he's an artist) so I'm thinking MIL said him up tp say those things or he didn't like me for other reasons. Or he does think fat chicks are gross and had those creepy drawings for other reasons.

Anyway, things got better between husband and BIL and I and I think he wven liked me at the end. The mom not so much. Her parting words were 'let me know if it doesn't work out between you'.

My husband told me last week that we're gonna visit them next month. I am really, really, really imsecure. I'm working on losing weight but I have body dysmorphia and I can't stand being around critical people. How can I make this go easier for me?

TL;DR = in laws think I'm fat\ugly and don't like me. How can I visit them and not feel suicidal and awful?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

dudeness posted:

My [25f] husband [25m] of 6 yrs has gone back to old ways. I left. He is begging for another chance but can't tell me why he was wrong.

stay separated for another 9 months. Problem solved!

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Wait does her boyfriend have a stepdad that is only a year older then him or did that lady use the term in-laws in a confusing way?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Jim Barris posted:

Wait does her boyfriend have a stepdad that is only a year older then him or did that lady use the term in-laws in a confusing way?

I think she meant Brother-in-Law and Mothet-in-Law. The dad must not be in the picture.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Wow, she vomited herself lovely.

I'm impressed.

She's my dream woman

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My [22F] boyfriend [26M] of two years wants to move in together. The problem is, I don't want him to see what I look like without makeup on.Relationships
202 points 272 comments submitted 8 months ago by -m0nster to r/relationships

My boyfriend and I have been together two years. I'm really happy with him, and he's improved my life in a million ways. I would love to give him exactly what he wants and move in with him, and I know he feels frustrated with how many walls I have up.

The problem is that I have an extremely unattractive appearance. To some extent, he knows this already and is OK with it. He tells me I'm pretty despite that I have a giant hooked nose, fat deposits in weird areas of my face like under my lips and in my eyelids, no jawline and giant saggy cheeks. But he hasn't seen, for instance, my bare skin with acne scars and huge pores and oil all over my nose, or the disgusting dark circles under my eyes that make me look like an inhuman creature.

I can't wear makeup around him every single day if we live together. As it is I avoid sleeping over with him but when I have to I wear makeup to bed, which I can't do on a regular basis because it makes my skin worse.
There are other things, too, like my body is very disfigured/disproportionate and although he's seen it obviously, we pretty much always have sex in the dark/I don't take all my clothes off so that he can't see the extent of my cellulite and rolls. I feel like if we live together, it's going to be much harder to avoid him seeing me naked. The idea of that makes me want to vomit. I know this isn't the case but it literally feels like the first time he sees me fully naked in full light he will break up with me and get pissed at me for misrepresenting myself.

I am scared that if he sees me as I really look on a regular everyday basis at home, he won't be attracted to me at all anymore. He's way out of my league and I'm so scared he'll end up feeling embarrassed of me and regretting being with me. My appearance is terrifying even for me, it's hard to imagine inflicting it on anyone else.

I've told him I'm not sure I'm ready and that I'm scared he won't be happy with me once we move in together, but he's getting impatient. I don't know if I should just break up with him because I know he can find a nice normal attractive girl, and I don't see myself getting over this or getting plastic surgery any time soon.

Tl;dr: Ugly girl needs to find a way to stall attractive boyfriend who wants to move in with her, or he's going to see just how ugly she is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeTJVU4wVo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If she loved him she'd wake up before him and put the makeup on

E: I don't take all my clothes off

I hate this it barely counts as sex. He knows you're fat

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Jim Barris posted:

If you put together the clues in the story, like "trailer" and "Red Lobster" it starts to make sense.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

As much as some men literally do seem to be utterly clueless about makeup and what it actually looks like, there are also millions of men who have indeed seen their partners in the morning with no makeup on and are not literally terrified that women are not flawless creatures. If she has known him for 2 years, I hazard to guess he would have given at least some indicators he is that much of a moron by now.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
That poor woman needs therapy.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Clark Nova posted:

If you put together the clues in the story, like "trailer" and "Red Lobster" it starts to make sense.

Calling red lobster semi-fancy is one of the more depressing things I've read itt

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jim Barris posted:

That poor woman needs therapy.

Yeah, Red Lobster as "semi-fancy"? There's an institution that can help her, I hope...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Restaurant snobbery tends to get real socioeconomic real quick

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Pick posted:

Yeah, Red Lobster as "semi-fancy"? There's an institution that can help her, I hope...
It's fancier then a cracker barrel or, god forbid, a TGI Fridays.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My great humiliation is that I sorta like Red Lobster.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah, I'm a classist rear end in a top hat about this poo poo but I got dragged to a Red Lobster a couple of years ago and realized most of the places I like are actually cheaper so :shrug:

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Yo those cheese biscuits tho are pretty dank and I like the blackened rainbow trout

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jim Barris posted:

Yo those cheese biscuits tho are pretty dank and I like the blackened rainbow trout

Same on both.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They sell mix for the biscuits in a box at the grocery store now so you can make them at the house

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Pick posted:

My [22F] boyfriend [26M] of two years wants to move in together. The problem is, I don't want him to see what I look like without makeup on.Relationships
202 points 272 comments submitted 8 months ago by -m0nster to r/relationships

The ugliest thing about all of these stories you're posting is the insecurity holy poo poo. I have dated several people who are extremely insecure about themselves and yeah, and it kills the relationship because to them, being told that you find them beautiful is a lie, being told that you like them the way they are is insulting, and avoiding compliments because they always backfire is negligent.

Either that happens, or they start to get over their insecurities just enough that they start sending out nudes to people on Craigslist because validation from their boyfriend isn't enough anymore and wait why are you breaking up with me I only did it several times after you told me it was a dealbreaker

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

When you live a weeks drive away from any source of salt water anywhere that serves fish becomes a fancy restaurant

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My state doesn't even have a red lobster :smith:

Also those mixes for the cheddar bay biscuits are bullshit, if i have to supply my own drat cheese and butter i might as well just make the biscuits myself.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Are we back on ugly people not existing lol

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

ravenkult posted:

My theory is that Pick is actually one of those friendzone dudes but in reverse. It all fits, the unwanted gifts, the unwanted romantic advances, the not wanting to hang out more than once a week. It's perfect.

Yeah, you always hear from women about those aggressively creepy guys who are pushy and won't take no for an answer. The gal doesn't want to force a confrontation because he's giving off unstable vibes and she has no idea what he'll do, so she tries to detach as safely as possible. Turning him down all the time when he invites her out hoping he'll get the hint. Refusing his gifts and telling him to stop buying her things, which he disregards and keeps doing it. Has to find a way out when he gets her alone and propositions her for sex.

Even worse if she's got a disability, cuz then you've got him treating her like he's doing her a favor for even considering her that way. It's downright predatory and can really mess with your head.

I feel bad for the Hugh, especially since it doesn't sound like he has very many friends who can make his gender-flipped stalker take the hint and back off.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dudeness posted:

My state doesn't even have a red lobster :smith:

Also those mixes for the cheddar bay biscuits are bullshit, if i have to supply my own drat cheese and butter i might as well just make the biscuits myself.

I wouldn't trust cheese in a box

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

It's ugly women that don't exist, not ugly people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Red Lobster is kind of pricey, but so long as Cracker Barrel is legally mandated to have a sign at the front saying they arent allowed to be racist Im going to get all my disgusting biscuit concotions there.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

All of these uggos managed to attract a long term partner so they probably aren't actually sideshow freaks.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Cumslut1895 posted:

Ugly people exist. It is also possible to grow close enough to an ugly person that you start to not see them as ugly, but as attractive to you because you like things about them other than physical appearance.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cumslut1895 posted:

No ones forgotten about you

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

many johnnys posted:

I feel bad for the Hugh, especially since it doesn't sound like he has very many friends who can make his gender-flipped stalker take the hint and back off.

I've spent years on the border of severing, but then he'd always do something nice that you wouldn't do if you wanted someone to get bent so I'd get confused again. When we finally did have an argument and he said not to come around, that was it and there's been no contact since. The end.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Pick posted:

It is my fault. He is perfect.

Like, not to be gross, but owing to his sometimes wheelchair status, was he hypothetically able to gently caress even if he hid under a truck when you approached him?

I'm way to involved with the Hugh/Pick saga.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

I've spent years on the border of severing, but then he'd always do something nice that you wouldn't do if you wanted someone to get bent so I'd get confused again. When we finally did have an argument and he said not to come around, that was it and there's been no contact since. The end.

He wants you to be more persistent, he's just being tsundere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Bamabalacha posted:

Like, not to be gross, but owing to his sometimes wheelchair status, was he hypothetically able to gently caress even if he hid under a truck when you approached him?

I'm way to involved with the Hugh/Pick saga.

He's skeleton disabled, not legs disabled so I think it would work