Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bistromatic posted:

Who was that guy that used to paint imperial guard tanks and then set them on fire? Someone post one of those videos so i can quote it with "nice meltdown".

I remeber somebody torching a Dark Elf army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I think it was a dude going by lordhumungous. On his youtube I think.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I remember when IC was good

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Bistromatic posted:

Who was that guy that used to paint imperial guard tanks and then set them on fire? Someone post one of those videos so i can quote it with "nice meltdown".

It was HUGE human being burning a FW DKoK tank while saying "gently caress you, GBS".

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Honestly the biggest problem with that is that burning resin probably gives off some nasty fumes, hope he did it in a well-ventilated area.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

I remeber somebody torching a Dark Elf army

One guy burned his vampire counts. Might be the same guy but it wouldn't surprise me if two people hated AoS that much.

I admit that right now I don't hate AoS that much but at launch I sure did.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it was high elves, slowly crisping on a cardboard sheet, on their lawn, doused in accelerant?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

The best part is it sounds like more than one person did this.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm positive one was vamps. He posted it over on Carpe Noctem.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Has anyone pointed out it has an old style secondary gun for confirming windage that's balistic but the main gun is a beam weapon?

Imagine I put 40 thousand o's in between these two l l 's.

uhhh you mean the coaxial mg? thats not used to confirm windage, its used for soft targets or saving main gun ammo. youre thinking of a spotting rifle, which is usually mounted on man or crew operated rocket launchers and cannon. it uses tracer rounds that are ballistically​ similar to the main gun round

the concept was briefly used by the british on their mbts post ww2, but eventually the range of main guns was far outstripping the range to which the tracer phosphorus would burn to, which made it kind of useless. so they just went to laser rangefinders instead

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uhhh you mean the coaxial mg? thats not used to confirm windage, its used for soft targets or saving main gun ammo. youre thinking of a spotting rifle, which is usually mounted on man or crew operated rocket launchers and cannon. it uses tracer rounds that are ballistically​ similar to the main gun round

the concept was briefly used by the british on their mbts post ww2, but eventually the range of main guns was far outstripping the range to which the tracer phosphorus would burn to, which made it kind of useless. so they just went to laser rangefinders instead

The rules for the tank give its heavy lascannon a to hit bonus if the stubber hits.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TTerrible posted:

The rules for the tank give its heavy lascannon a to hit bonus if the stubber hits.

how very british of them

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how very british of them

We don't understand guns. :britain:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
It's obviously inspired by the Sherman but it feels less aesthetically pleasing. I think because it isn't as curvy and is weirdly disproportionate? Kinda surprised they haven't made an M3 Lee tank

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
LOL, people thought gw was going to be cool and good.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

It's obviously inspired by the Sherman but it feels less aesthetically pleasing. I think because it isn't as curvy and is weirdly disproportionate? Kinda surprised they haven't made an M3 Lee tank

"inspired by X but less aesthetically pleasing" is basically gw.txt

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

This is kinda m3, though lacking the hull gun and little MG turret. It was also based on a tractor.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

This is kinda m3, though lacking the hull gun and little MG turret. It was also based on a tractor.

The top is a fixed superstructure, but otherwise the Malcador variants are probably closest. The Annihilator variant:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone mentioned it in the other thread, but I'm seeing Bradley much more than Sherman.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's funny how 8th edition seems smart enough to make me actually interested again, and at the same time the Marine models are at the lowest point I've ever held them at. The basic Primaris is fine but everything else has just been a wash.

I guess I'll just run Harlequins and politely ignore my Grey Knights even harder.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Someone mentioned it in the other thread, but I'm seeing Bradley much more than Sherman.

The hull lines and the ratio of turret to hull do look like a Bradley now you mention it.

The Sherman sprung to mind because the main gun + 3 secondaries layout is ripped from the Sherman.

So it's like a WW2 tank and Cold War IFV had a bastard child which explains a lot about the feel of the design imho

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

[Presents 3rd iteration of a large tracked vehicle to a panel of Bigly flag officers]

"That's fine work Magos... say, do you think you could make this thing hover? Get the Marines across a river?"

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 4, 2017

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Wasn't there a Steve Martin movie about a hover tank debacle where it was rigged through all the testing?

Also Pentagon Wars with Cary Elwes about the actual Bradley.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ashcans posted:

NTRabbit posted:

[Presents 3rd iteration of a large tracked vehicle to a panel of Bigly flag officers]

"That's fine work Magos... say, do you think you could make this thing hover? Get the Marines across a river?"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If that's the model with all the extra features added on and you have the ability not to take them it has the potential to look alright.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Ashcans posted:

Wasn't there a Steve Martin movie about a hover tank debacle where it was rigged through all the testing?

That was the Sgt Bilko movie, where the hovertank design was solid, they'd just skimmed all the money and parts for other projects.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Has anyone pointed out it has an old style secondary gun for confirming windage that's balistic but the main gun is a beam weapon?

Imagine I put 40 thousand o's in between these two l l 's.

The people who made that thing have absolutely no idea how a tank functions, which is why that thing is so jarring and bizarre.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

If that's the model with all the extra features added on and you have the ability not to take them it has the potential to look alright.

If you have the option to remove all the randomly placed missile launchers, the bigly manning the chaingun and maybe reduce the height by 1/3rd you have the approximation of a turd to polish.

Man, I really hate the design language they've taken for marines. Ever since the stormraven it's been poo poo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

nice

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:allbuttons:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

"These are just crazy foreigner prices so they don't count. You see, the $400 asking price for freedom dollars is ok because

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ugh

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
$500 :canada:

Also includes this:
- a metal combat gauge, with 3”/2”/1.5”/1” edges

Because 1.5" is a common measurement in war games. And those are all common measurements in 40K.

Like, they couldn't even do 4" and 6"? It's literally useless for movement.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Sir Teabag posted:

Also includes this:

Because 1.5" is a common measurement in war games. And those are all common measurements in 40K.

And if it actually is useful for just the CC phase than they have made the CC phase way too loving fiddly to be a speed improvement to the game. Now you will have grogs whipping out their three inches to see if your little man is in smashing range.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sir Teabag posted:

Also includes this:

The average is 6? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Sir Teabag posted:

Now you will have grogs whipping out their three inches

:stonk:

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Ha ha holy poo poo that book price.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

mango sentinel posted:

FLGS owner just posted this on the community Facebook

• Locked thread