Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

carry on then posted:

*100 sonic booms of every iyg android thread regular buying the phones in one tab and putting up the ebay listing in the other*

i'd say they're tapping so fast their phones are catching fire but samsung beat me to the punchline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

carry on then posted:

*100 sonic booms of every iyg android thread regular buying the phones in one tab and putting up the ebay listing in the other*

it turns out you can only bogo once, which is too bad because otherwise i'd be selling like 50 of these on amazon

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

phone_flipping.xlsx

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Android owners: Whiny babies on bicycles, likely racist
Iphone owners: Fashion forward dudebros, likely racist

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
But Iphone owners have a black friend and he doesn't mind when they say that stuff

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Android owners: Whiny babies on bicycles, likely racist
Iphone owners: Fashion forward dudebros, likely racist

A Pinball Wizard posted:

But Iphone owners have a black friend and he doesn't mind when they say that stuff

:yikes:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Closeted gay
Just gay

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

why doesnt the android picture have the equivalent google emoji?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

LastInLine posted:

they're riding the motorcycles

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

that's not the apple emoji

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

that's not the apple emoji

thats what i get for phone posting

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Actually, have you heard it? It's actually pretty decent and blows away any internal speakers.

I love using it with the phone around the house because I have a nice little self-contained TV.

bull3964 posted:

No music, watching stuff. If I'm going laundry or cooking or something, just easier to grab it.
it's really depressing knowing this guy can't do anything without having a screen in his face blaring animes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

it's really depressing knowing this guy can't do anything without having a screen in his face blaring animes

he's a bellweather for dying technologies:
hd-dvd owner
plasma owner
windows phone owner
surface owner
now complaining about how 3d tvs are going away

he's an ok guy he just has a habit for picking exactly the wrong technology

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

qirex posted:

hd-dvd owner
plasma owner
windows phone owner
surface owner

you know a lot about this guy's purchase history

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

hd-dvd owner
plasma owner
windows phone owner
surface owner

nah everything i see from him is beating off to whatever spec sheet he most recently saw to defend whatever his purchase is.

he's already talking about buying one of those new phones by andy rubin's company because THE SPECS

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I unironically like the way that essential phone looks but lol at buying one

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Endless Mike posted:

nah everything i see from him is beating off to whatever spec sheet he most recently saw to defend whatever his purchase is.

he's already talking about buying one of those new phones by andy rubin's company because THE SPECS

i was reading the hd tv thread while doing some research and i swear he must have bought something like 3 high end tvs in the past year

his money, i guess

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my freebie garbage Nexus 6 finally died (first phone I'd ever broken, dropped it on account of it being to big to hold properly and being truly garbage otherwise) so now back to an og Moto X, the closest thing there was to a good anderoid. hoping there's an iPhone Steve edition refresh at WWDC next week

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

carry on then posted:

i was reading the hd tv thread while doing some research and i swear he must have bought something like 3 high end tvs in the past year

his money, i guess

he is right about the vizio e series tho no smart bullshit a chromecast built in and cheap af

i loving love this tv

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

carry on then posted:

his money, i guess

nah he just bought the one lucky Goldstar but obsessively researches the specs on others

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

A Pinball Wizard posted:

But Iphone owners have a black friend and he doesn't mind when they say that stuff since he's wearing his AirPods

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Progressive JPEG posted:

my freebie garbage Nexus 6 finally died (first phone I'd ever broken, dropped it on account of it being to big to hold properly and being truly garbage otherwise) so now back to an og Moto X, the closest thing there was to a good anderoid. hoping there's an iPhone Steve edition refresh at WWDC next week

sup og Moto x buddy

going on 4 years with mine now

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

sup og Moto x buddy

lol

A Pinball Wizard posted:

going on 4 years with mine now

lmao

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The battery life is suffering but its still a good phone otherwise

save me stebe

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

mishaq posted:

lol

lmao

the thing about anroid is it's completely dependent on how much the manufacturer tailors it to the hardware they choose for the phone, and how good the hardware is. motorola chose good hardware and tailored their anroid and made several actually good and useful improvements. then good sold them to lenovo and now who knows

I still have this phone because 1. it works, and the needless drive to consume and always have the newest shiny is slowly killing the planet, and 2. I would never be able to go back to lovely normal anroid. my roomies has a pixel and it doesn't even do automatic quiet hours during the night. the gently caress is that poo poo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

mishaq posted:

lol

lmao

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

mishaq posted:

lol

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

the thing about anroid is it's completely dependent on how much the manufacturer tailors it to the hardware they choose for the phone, and how good the hardware is. motorola chose good hardware and tailored their anroid and made several actually good and useful improvements. then good sold them to lenovo and now who knows

I still have this phone because 1. it works, and the needless drive to consume and always have the newest shiny is slowly killing the planet, and 2. I would never be able to go back to lovely normal anroid. my roomies has a pixel and it doesn't even do automatic quiet hours during the night. the gently caress is that poo poo

actually the thing about anroid is that its really bad and its userbase is either extremely poor, extremely autistic, or both

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

mishaq posted:

actually the thing about anroid is that its really bad and its userbase is either extremely poor, extremely autistic, or both

this is my younger brother who has an anroid

also said phones micro usb port is broken because micro usb is bad

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Pinball Wizard posted:

my roomies has a pixel and it doesn't even do automatic quiet hours during the night. the gently caress is that poo poo

yeah it does. your roommate is a dumb

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea do not disturb has been a thing for a while

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

mishaq posted:

can't argue with that

Midjack posted:

yeah it does. your roommate is a dumb

apparently so because I hear her phone go off at like 3am and she says it's because she forgot to put it on silent v0v

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

A Pinball Wizard posted:

aside from the fact that consumerism is indeed garbage, i gotta say "lol". there's very little to defend the use of a device that (a) is a vendor-skinned version of android, and (b) is now riddled with known vulnerabilities. all the smartphones i've ever owned have been androids but making :jerkbag: justifications for the bad aspects of them doesn't help anything

also, your phone probably got do-not-disturb from android 5.0, a version which was released on your phone a full three months after dirty "stock" nexus devices. including my at-the-time nexus 4, a phone that launched in 2012

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
android users just assume that their phone never ringing means they have DND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

creationist believer posted:

android users just assume that their phone never ringing means they have DND

nah, the part where my phone never rings and instead shows voicemails is because i'm on google fi :xd: