Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

AlexDeGruven posted:

Saw an ad for a game that reminded me of the old Spy Hunter vertical arcade scroller from my youth. I'd love to see a port of that, some time, provided they keep the chiptunes Peter Gunn theme.
There are tons of vertical scrolling bullet hell games to choose from. They're not my joint but one of my friends is always playing one or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Brasseye posted:

Why isnt PAD available in Europe? I liked what i played of it but not enough to manually download a new apk every few weeks. Seems like a huge missed opportunity

Because Europe is smart. PAD is a bad game. It's Stockholm Syndrome: The Game. Be glad you can't get trapped by it.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I will knock my own grandma down for this game.

I will do actual crimes.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Bombadilillo posted:

What didn't you like? Don't try to worry about making it in 80 days. You can. And can optimize a path and trading junkif that's how you like games. Its the obvious thing to do so I assume thats not you. But you can also just go to Africa for example. And find stories thst make the original wager so trivial that who cares.

I recommend b-line for the north pole for the "circle the pole and come back" route. Holy poo poo its really good and an example of other crazy things that can happen.

victorious posted:

It's an awesome storyline, but I'm pretty sure you can't complete it if you don't manage to buy/trade for the right clothing. I managed it once but never after that.

I was able to do it with just regular non-winter clothes. But the word of warning from me is that you don't have to circumnavigate by going around the North and South Poles. It's enough to go to the North Pole and then you can head back to London right away. I suppose the idea is that the wager doesn't specify the latitude at which you need to circumnavigate.

Anyway, I didn't realize this until I had gone from the North Pole all the way down to Buenos Aires and then I realized there isn't route to Tierra del Fuego and across/around the Antarctic. I headed straight to London and made it with days to spare anyway, because the game is fairly forgiving.

My only issue is that some legs of the journey are nearly unavoidable (e.g. there are only so many ways to cross the Atlantic) and you just start clicking through them to get to stuff you haven't seen. On the other hand there's some kind of international master thief storyline I didn't even see until playthrough 4 and it probably requires a lot of effort to actually see all of it. And on the other other hand, once you know some of those more complicated trips pat, there are ways to make them go smoother or faster in a Groundhog Day-esque fashion.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jun 3, 2017

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
Does anyone have any input on if Arkanoid Vs Space Invaders is worth the 5 dollars?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Severedseven posted:

Does anyone have any input on if Arkanoid Vs Space Invaders is worth the 5 dollars?

I think its pretty cool. It's an interesting take on both games, and there's a ton of levels and unlockable characters with no IAPs or ads to boot. IMO its maybe not quite worth $5 but definitely worth grabbing on sale.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 4, 2017

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
I see a lot of people putting Day R and King of dungeon pass as their top 3. Well king is ten dollars and day r is free. Guess I'll try day r.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

pappawurm posted:

I see a lot of people putting Day R and King of dungeon pass as their top 3. Well king is ten dollars and day r is free. Guess I'll try day r.

Hope you like unskippable ads that pop up literally randomly every 5 minutes or so.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Hope you like unskippable ads that pop up literally randomly every 5 minutes or so.

Unskippale in what way? Just press the x button

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm looking to pick up Pixel Cup Soccer as my next game, any in-depth thoughts that any of you might have on it? Other than "it's good, get it"?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

Unskippale in what way? Just press the x button

None of the ads I've gotten had that. A video plays and then it shows the download button for whatever game, and then you can close it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah that was annoying with Day R. So was the combat tbh, especially considering leg laceration injuries means you can't use a bike or motorcycle for a week. That and equipments fast degradation coupled with the guarantee to take damage during any combat.

Still fun though. Shame combat is awful.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 4, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

The "unskippable" ads can be skipped within 5 seconds or less in almost every instance, and every ad gives you 10 caps which can be used to purchase skill books, superweapons, magic repair and medicine kits, etc.. Yesterday I caught a 1 YEAR DURATION radiation sickness which would've been fatal, and spent 500 caps (50 ads at less than 5 seconds each) to instantly magically remove the illness.

Also if you''re not functionally retarded you can just go to main menu -> settings -> ads and turn the ads off :downsrim:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sorcery! is pretty cool. I sort of miss that 80s style of fantasy.

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
Sorcery! is incredible but 80 Days is more straightforward, and certainly one of the best story driven games I played. The Nautilus trip is my favorite bit because it was one of the first storylines I followed that had nothing to do with the main quest (I thought the game was about powergaming and finishing as fast as possible!! wee.). Also the whole barely surviving thing. And the Mutiny. And how suddenly it felt like a Jules Verne Extended Universe.

Awesome awesome game for long trips.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

White Rabbit posted:

Sorcery! is incredible but 80 Days is more straightforward, and certainly one of the best story driven games I played. The Nautilus trip is my favorite bit because it was one of the first storylines I followed that had nothing to do with the main quest (I thought the game was about powergaming and finishing as fast as possible!! wee.). Also the whole barely surviving thing. And the Mutiny. And how suddenly it felt like a Jules Verne Extended Universe.

Awesome awesome game for long trips.

I went for the North Pole and was surprised and not disappointed by the awesome poo poo that went down. I've stopped trying to beat the clock, and just exploring the world they created.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Antti posted:

I was able to do it with just regular non-winter clothes. But the word of warning from me is that you don't have to circumnavigate by going around the North and South Poles. It's enough to go to the North Pole and then you can head back to London right away. I suppose the idea is that the wager doesn't specify the latitude at which you need to circumnavigate.

Oh that's the only way I've done it, I didn't even know you could get to the South Pole. Must be time for a replay...

I remember a rumour that it was possible to get to the Moon, did anyone ever manage it?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

victorious posted:

Oh that's the only way I've done it, I didn't even know you could get to the South Pole. Must be time for a replay...

I remember a rumour that it was possible to get to the Moon, did anyone ever manage it?

Yeah, you have to go to Zurich. You are told about the launch happening near Miami in a few weeks, so you can go there and take a trip.

Earth gravity is too strong though, so Fogg tells you to launch yourself out of the cannon to lighten the load. You do, and parachute back to earth, and continue the journey alone. Fogg goes to the moon and is never seen again.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, you have to go to Zurich. You are told about the launch happening near Miami in a few weeks, so you can go there and take a trip.

Earth gravity is too strong though, so Fogg tells you to launch yourself out of the cannon to lighten the load. You do, and parachute back to earth, and continue the journey alone. Fogg goes to the moon and is never seen again.

Goddamn :stare:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There are a lot of different Pixel Dungeon games on the play store, anyone have a recommendation for a good one?

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
I've been enjoying Shattered. I ascend about %10of my games. The additional artifacts are great.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

victorious posted:

No no, the whole point is that you can't get to the South Pole. There's actually a dialogue with an Artificer somewhere in the Americas and they say it's impossible to go to the South Pole. I thought that was just talk but I couldn't find a route there for love or money and I couldn't find one through googling either. If there is one it's not meant for the polar expedition route.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Incessant Excess posted:

There are a lot of different Pixel Dungeon games on the play store, anyone have a recommendation for a good one?

Try vanilla for a bit. If you find that it's a bit too easy or difficult, install Unleashed Pixel Dungeon, which is pretty close to vanilla, but has difficulty levels, a tutorial, save/load functionality, etc. Shattered is probably the most refined, expanded, and replayable. But because it adds so much to the original, it's a bit rougher to get into. However, once you've gotten the swing of things in vanilla, Shattered will be your best bet.

Sprouted is all about scrounging for dew and using it for upgrades. And bigger levels. In the other variants, luck can change your game difficulty quite a bit, but Spouted makes it so you could have lovely luck and still make your way through the game just by being thorough. It wasn't for me, but if you like Pixel Dungeon but not the "crapshoot" aspects of roguelikes, Sprouted might be your thing.

This is the original:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon&hl=en

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I'm looking for a new gacha game that isn't PAD, Dokken, FWT. I keep trying to get back into summoners war but I also want to try something new. Any games that have a goon presence?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

boy are my arms tired posted:

I'm looking for a new gacha game that isn't PAD, Dokken, FWT. I keep trying to get back into summoners war but I also want to try something new. Any games that have a goon presence?

Seconding this I'm bored and productive. I need something to change that.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I don't think I've ever seen anyone actively looking for a gacha game but there is Final Fantasy Record Keeper if you like Final Fantasy games or just RPGs.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793623

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone actively looking for a gacha game but there is Final Fantasy Record Keeper if you like Final Fantasy games or just RPGs.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793623

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius has a pretty active goon user base and there's even an event right now that can get you some good characters.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798722&pagenumber=284&perpage=40

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Or if you fancy a bizarre mix of anime and Norse mythology there's Valkyrie Connect: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803973

It's pretty decent on the 'give us your money' side with one exception: if there's no guarantee after X pulls, don't touch the banner. You can get burned pretty hard if you go nuts trying for the latest super hyped unit.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
tried VC, stuck with it for a while but got burnt out, same with FFRK

I didn't really give FFBE a fair shake though so that's what I'll reinstall, thanks

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

tried VC, stuck with it for a while but got burnt out, same with FFRK

I didn't really give FFBE a fair shake though so that's what I'll reinstall, thanks

Get some goon friends to carry you through the Titan raid and you'll get a top tier healer and really good buffer and attacker for free. Most likely several copies of them. If you care about rerolling you can get a rockstar team, and if you don't you'll get a rock solid team capable of most everything outside of the crazy challenge levels.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

For those playing the Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire Tap game: What's up with the scratch tickets? When I get "more", I can only scratch one per cooldown, even if I get one after I did a quest. How I scratch the ones I have already, unless the ones named on "* value" are the ones I received so far and aren't available?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

WebDO posted:

Get some goon friends to carry you through the Titan raid and you'll get a top tier healer and really good buffer and attacker for free. Most likely several copies of them. If you care about rerolling you can get a rockstar team, and if you don't you'll get a rock solid team capable of most everything outside of the crazy challenge levels.

I think my team was already rerolled to be fairly good, I think I had two exdeaths + more?

i'll have to check, uno momento

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Humble Bundle out, this time featuring more games by publisher Crescent Moon.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kunster posted:

For those playing the Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire Tap game: What's up with the scratch tickets? When I get "more", I can only scratch one per cooldown, even if I get one after I did a quest. How I scratch the ones I have already, unless the ones named on "* value" are the ones I received so far and aren't available?
You can stockpile tickets but can only have one getting 'Delivered' at a time.
Once you use up your stockpile of tickets you have to buy more using diamonds or from balloons/upgrade rewards.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Granblue fantasy, the not-FF grindfest. It's kinda like my mmo away from mmos these days.

If anything else YouTube the music.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Drakes posted:

Granblue fantasy, the not-FF grindfest. It's kinda like my mmo away from mmos these days.

If anything else YouTube the music.

Can't find this on the play store. Can I have a link?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh god I just discovered Realm Grinder thanks to a post in the Steam thread about the game coming to Steam. Why do I keep coming back to these types of games? :smith:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Funso Banjo posted:

Can't find this on the play store. Can I have a link?

It's just a browser game: http://game.granbluefantasy.jp/#top

There's a Japanese version you can get the APK for, but it's just a wrapper for the website and doesn't really do anything useful last I checked.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Croccers posted:

You can stockpile tickets but can only have one getting 'Delivered' at a time.
Once you use up your stockpile of tickets you have to buy more using diamonds or from balloons/upgrade rewards.

So there's no way of using one while there's a delivery going from my stockpile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

explosivo posted:

Oh god I just discovered Realm Grinder thanks to a post in the Steam thread about the game coming to Steam. Why do I keep coming back to these types of games? :smith:

Pretty much me even though it turns my phone into a glowing coal for some reason