Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

pumpinglemma posted:

They really don't. But when you're a creepy fucker about Nazi women, you normalise being a creepy fucker to women in general, which affects non-Nazis as well. Same reason you don't use homophobic slurs to describe Milo, or racist slurs to describe Thomas.

Respect doesn't mean that you are nice, or that you agree with them. All it means is that you avoid being a creepy rear end in a top hat towards people.
The horrible things that lady says makes me angry, but calling her a whore or talking about loving her not only makes you a worse person, it gives fuel to the other side and lastly contributes to the very sort of attitude that makes the right wing generally a bunch of assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Groovelord Neato posted:

every day i wish twitter would ban trump. i think it'd finally break him.

It would probably be the best thing that could happen to him and the GOP politically.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think they're afraid it may cause the apocalypse.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone trying to downplay the Russia story is a loving hack, Glenn Greenwald fits the bill.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Groovelord Neato posted:

Are you kidding? I've never seen someone so constantly self-own with an unfiltered mouthpiece.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Night10194 posted:

I think they're afraid it may cause the apocalypse.

If Twitter established a policy of banning people for posting stupid things that can sabotage themselves and their business then there'd be no one left on Twitter.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Are you kidding? I've never seen someone so constantly self-own with an unfiltered mouthpiece.

trump has absolutely no self awareness or shame so it doesn't matter. his poo poo just gives me a headache.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

PhazonLink posted:

He shat on the floor at a college party for lulz, and then I think tried to sue people for libel/slander but then dropped the case because it might have actually happened.

lmao what??? only in the age of Trump would this guy have loyal followers

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am actually genuinely angry about the Intercept loving over the leaker. gently caress the Intercept.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Greenwald is a gently caress, but Scahill is awesome.

I don't remember ever hearing about him pre-Snowden but watching Greenwald devolve into what he is today has been pretty sad really. I'm honestly shocked he hasn't given up his U.S. citizenship.

At least him and his boyfriend rescued a shitload of dogs.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

PhazonLink posted:

Those spaceship guilds were being trained by the CIA though?

At least the SA one was, poo poo what's your clearance level?

If you had a need to know you wouldn't have to ask.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mr Interweb posted:

Well, I don't think anyone ever expected a right-wing shithead to beg for handouts:

https://twitter.com/k_mcq/status/871783117266309122

https://twitter.com/k_mcq/status/644374125037883392

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raylen posted:

While the floor making GBS threads thing is obviously the thing jump on to embarrass him he's also a guy who has repeatedly paid off individuals to make false accusations of crimes and sexual assault so he's so much more than just a random guy who poo poo his pants.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I am actually genuinely angry about the Intercept loving over the leaker. gently caress the Intercept.

Yeah, it's incredibly disappointing, they've written many great articles :(

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

PhazonLink posted:

Those spaceship guilds were being trained by the CIA though?

At least the SA one was, poo poo what's your clearance level?

Wait what

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And run by Floor Shitter

still upset that this dude is the pioneer of getting schwifty

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah, I'm not too big on Greenwald, but Scahill is good people.

Raylen posted:

This is why I don't think the supposed piss tape would harm Trump's popularity with his followers as many seem to think.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Greenwald gets poo poo on a lot here, which frankly is bizarre.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

enraged_camel posted:

Why

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

While the floor making GBS threads thing is obviously the thing jump on to embarrass him he's also a guy who has repeatedly paid off individuals to make false accusations of crimes and sexual assault so he's so much more than just a random guy who poo poo his pants.

Reading up on him, he is definitely a total piece of poo poo and seems exactly like the type of person that Trumpists love to prop up as "fighting the system and deep state"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

I mean, I admired his work form back in the day, but he seems to go out of his way to argue that there's nothing to the Russia stuff and that Democrats are just making it up as a distraction.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

enraged_camel posted:

Have you read his twitter or opinion pieces. In, like, 2 years?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enraged_camel posted:

When he first came onto the scene it was as part of the team reporting on the Snowden leaks. Greenwald did really, really good reporting in the early days.

I personally think somewhere along the way he bought too much into his own product that the NSA was the ULTIMATE EVIL and until there is no American IC he'll keep screaming about how they're the only evil that matters.

He's the journalistic equivalent of a single-issue voter.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's like we're in one of those dreams where our punches are too soft and we can't run fast no matter how hard we try. We're all dreaming, and no one will press the administration on any simple, straightforward question.

I think we've all been feeling something similar to that since November, but I think indulging in that feeling or talking about how this is the evil timeline or how this can't be real, etc.. Is very counterproductive and might be keeping quite a few people in a somewhat dazed/confused ineffective state. It's not a crazy dream, we're not imaging it, etc.. It's real, it's horrible and if people don't pull out of the self-indulgent state of shock and actually do something then things could get much much worse.

I'm not trying to go down the nothing matters rabbit hole, I'm saying we need to be taking some action and at the very least try and speak out about all of this crazy bullshit. Maybe even try and talk rationally with someone you know who voted for Trump and discuss specific issue not just, "Holy poo poo this is all just so hosed up!" but maybe things like, "Did you know the AHCA would take insurance away from 23 million Americans?". Actually some of the AHCA changes are a good place to start with younger Trump supporters because there are quite a few people now that don't know pre-existing conditions were even a thing and that you could be denied healthcare completely based stupid bullshit (I was denied by all private carriers in my state over acid reflux) or that lifetime maximums will be coming back and at some point if they had major medical issues they've never be able to get coverage through any private insurer.

Or just go punch Nazis or both.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ACT for America is organizing a national day of protest against Muslims this Saturday, everyone should see if there's one near them that they can counter protest

Also here's a bunch of local leftists saying nah we're gonna shut this down https://itsgoingdown.org/syracuse-ny-statement-ny-antifa-alliance-response-march-sharia/

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

BougieBitch posted:

Trump Thead II: Wrath of Khan

Keep Khan and carry Trump.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

RandomBlue posted:

I'm not trying to go down the nothing matters rabbit hole, I'm saying we need to be taking some action and at the very least try and speak out about all of this crazy bullshit. Maybe even try and talk rationally with someone you know who voted for Trump and discuss specific issue not just, "Holy poo poo this is all just so hosed up!" but maybe things like, "Did you know the AHCA would take insurance away from 23 million Americans?". Actually some of the AHCA changes are a good place to start with younger Trump supporters because there are quite a few people now that don't know pre-existing conditions were even a thing and that you could be denied healthcare completely based stupid bullshit (I was denied by all private carriers in my state over acid reflux) or that lifetime maximums will be coming back and at some point if they had major medical issues they've never be able to get coverage through any private insurer.

Or just go punch Nazis or both.

The former is a waste of time as you'll never convince his supporters of anything.

The later isn't much more effective but at least if you go to jail you won't have to worry about rent, food or access to healthcare. :getin:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i love how the big strong right wingers are scared of a religious law system that would never ever ever ever ever be possible here

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

When he first came onto the scene it was as part of the team reporting on the Snowden leaks. Greenwald did really, really good reporting in the early days.

I personally think somewhere along the way he bought too much into his own product that the NSA was the ULTIMATE EVIL and until there is no American IC he'll keep screaming about how they're the only evil that matters.

He's the journalistic equivalent of a single-issue voter.

That's most people's issue with him (possible sockpuppet accounts and various other petty poo poo aside). He can't see the forest for all the trees. I mean as mentioned before, he isn't technically wrong about being very wary of intelligence agencies but if the CIA came along and said the sky was blue as they stood in an open field pointing upwards, he'd make a long article listing all the times they got a weather report wrong since like the 60s and how you should ignore that statement of theirs because of it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i love how the big strong right wingers are scared of a religious law system that would never ever ever ever ever be possible here

It should be obvious by now they the vast majority of right wing blowhards are massive cowards.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

They're jealous they can't use their religion as a huge of bludgeon against people they do not like.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's doesn't stop them from trying to implement it themselves, of course.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Mustached Demon posted:

They're jealous they can't use their religion as a huge of bludgeon against people they do not like.

they could, it's just that they lack the courage of their convictions

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Greenwald is the textual Ted Rall. He was never good, it's just that for a time, people's beliefs aligned with his, and they overlooked how garbage he was.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

ACT for America is organizing a national day of protest against Muslims this Saturday, everyone should see if there's one near them that they can counter protest

Also here's a bunch of local leftists saying nah we're gonna shut this down https://itsgoingdown.org/syracuse-ny-statement-ny-antifa-alliance-response-march-sharia/

Surprisingly there aren't any in/around DC. Weird.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The FRC, also known as the thinly veiled theocrats who absolutely positively will not stop being absolute shitheads on a national level. I was hearing about these asshats 15 years ago and they're still not being laughed out of everyone's offices?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

What's this about

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Reminder it was either a wingnut on radio or an actually state rep. that pointed to a janitor closet mop wash/drain as proof of mooslem foot baths.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

not sure whether to be pleased or annoyed the pigfuckers aren't organizing a march in my town

probably pleased, they'd be outnumbered but probably get too much attendance for my tastes (read: more than three losers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

reminder that today marks 13 years since ronald reagan died and it's days like this that make me wish there was a hell that his evil old rear end could be sent to. i'm glad reagan's dead
Always required posting on Dead Reagan Day: http://thepaincomics.com/weekly040609a.htm

quote:

Even at age twelve I could tell that Jimmy Carter was an honest man trying to address complicated issues and Ronald Reagan was a brilcreemed salesman telling people what they wanted to hear. I secretly wept on the stairs the night he was elected President, because I understood that the kind of shitheads I had to listen to in the cafeteria grew up to become voters, and won. I spent the eight years he was in office living in one of those science-fiction movies where everyone is taken over by aliens—I was appalled by how stupid and mean-spirited and repulsive the world was becoming while everyone else in America seemed to agree that things were finally exactly as they should be. The Washington Press corps was so enamored of his down-to-earth charm that they never checked his facts, but if you watched his face when it was at rest, when he wasn’t performing for anyone, you could see him for what he really was—a black-eyed, slit-mouthed, lizard-faced old son-of-a-bitch. He was a bad actor, an informer for McCarthy, and a hired front man for a gang of Texas oilmen, fundamentalist dingbats, and right-wing psychotics out of Dr. Strangelove. He put a genial face on chauvanism, callousness, and greed, and made people feel good about being bigots again. He likened Central American death squads to our founding fathers and called the Taliban “freedom fighters.” His legacy includes the dismantling of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal, the final dirty win of Management over Labor, the outsourcing of America’s manufacturing base, the embezzlement of almost all the country's wealth by 1% of its citizens, the scapegoating of the poor and black, the War on Drugs, the eviction of schizophrenics into the streets, AIDS, acid rain, Iran-Contra, and, let’s not forget, the corpses of two hundred forty United States Marines. He moved the center of political discourse in this country to somewhere in between Richard Nixon and Augusto Pinochet. He believed in astrology and Armageddon and didn't know the difference between history and movies; his stories were lies and his jokes were scripted. He was the triumph of image over truth, paving the way for even more vapid spokesmodels like George W. Bush. He was, as everyone agrees, exactly what he appeared to be—nothing. He made me ashamed to be an American. If there was any justice in this world his Presidential Library would contain nothing but boys' adventure books and bad cowboy movies, and the only things named after him would be shopping malls and Potter's Fields. Let the earth where he is buried be seeded with salt.

• Locked thread