Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

SilverSupernova posted:

I've had it work if you set it up to make it look like you escaped some other way, like the window or an open door, or if there's someone else in the area with you to distract his attention.
The gigantic building in Packanack is also a great place for hiding since it's so huge that Jason would have a hard time pinning your location down.

The key is to hide in one of the cabins with a radio. Especially in the early game, it's idiotic for Jason to spend precious minutes going through every room in the Lodge when he knows that you may not even be in there at all. Most Jasons know this and won't even bother, especially if there were multiple counselors in the area and they can chase one that's actually visible.

I haven't been doing much hiding lately since I started playing Adam. With Adam I don't survive the round nearly as often but it's because I'm repairing poo poo and fighting Jason constantly, racking up that xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Chad put two bear traps in front of a bed and crawled under it and had a Mexican standoff with Jason once.

He took the bait and Chad bugged out to the nearby cabin with people in it. Jason killed the poor person with the leather jacket.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I tried to play as Chad but I found myself pulling Adam-like moves that felt wrong as a Chad. I guess its my natural instinct to die heroically.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
Just had a game as Jason where I was trying to block the car from exiting. I got in the car's path right before the exit, then it backed up, did a loop and then crashed into a sign. Right after my position jumped around a bit like I was getting some heavy lag and then the car is back on the road again and swerving past me. Is this the game screwing up or is this some kind of lag switch fuckery?

Unbalanced fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 6, 2017

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Dude in GBS said he spams the Stelio Kontos music when he plays Counter Strike.

I'm stealing that for when I play as Jason.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So last night I had one really perfect moment as a survivor against Tinfoil.

It was super early game, I found the phone fuse immediately and was Adam.

I figured I had to be close to phone house and found it with Whymir inside. So I rushed up and told him to get on the phone ASAP. I triggered the bear trap and got the fuse in. Moments later Tinfoil rolls up and I immediately drop the fireworks stunning him. Call goes through.

I get slaughtered for my good deeds because triggering the bear trap hosed me over but good, but the important thing is that the only two people who got out alive? Got out through the cop exit.

MVP Burk.

Later on I was a Vanessa, saw people loving around near the bottom of the map with the boat, and ran down there as fast as possible. Sure enough, Duster was loving around with it and nearly had it fixed. We got the gently caress out, with me taking the scenic route as is my custom. It was a part 3 Jason so I really wasn't worried. Vannessa out bitches and she's taking two fire crackers and a pocket knife with her

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Duster, please play this kids song my son likes next time you are Jason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyz77PLl6I

Werewolf chick is hot

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008
I had a particularly lucky Chad run where I spawned in front of the phone house and found the fuse in one of the first drawers I opened, then fixed the phone and called the police before fleeing into the night. Through more dumb luck, I even wound up hiding right near where the police spawned.

Usually, though, I can't even find the phone! The phone junction box location is random, isn't it? Is the telephone always inside whatever house the junction box is attached to? I played a match on Pakanack and although I managed to replace the fuse, I couldn't find the phone inside the house after hunting around for a few minutes.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think its technically possible for the phone fuse to spawn far from the house with the phone box, but is seems like the odds are definitely in favor of it showing up somewhere near it. Not necessarily in the same house, but if you're in a cluster of 2 or 3 cabins odds are good its gonna be one of those.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Werewolf chick is hot

Just the "I'm a prancing princess" part

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jinkeez posted:

I had a particularly lucky Chad run where I spawned in front of the phone house and found the fuse in one of the first drawers I opened, then fixed the phone and called the police before fleeing into the night. Through more dumb luck, I even wound up hiding right near where the police spawned.

Usually, though, I can't even find the phone! The phone junction box location is random, isn't it? Is the telephone always inside whatever house the junction box is attached to? I played a match on Pakanack and although I managed to replace the fuse, I couldn't find the phone inside the house after hunting around for a few minutes.

This is exactly what happened with me last night. Except I picked the wrong exit to camp out at, and I didn't have a map, so I had no idea where I was.

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

I think its technically possible for the phone fuse to spawn far from the house with the phone box, but is seems like the odds are definitely in favor of it showing up somewhere near it. Not necessarily in the same house, but if you're in a cluster of 2 or 3 cabins odds are good its gonna be one of those.

Thank you, but I don't mean the fuse item - I mean the actual phone you interact with to call the police - I couldn't find it anywhere. Later in the match, someone did call the police, so it must've been around somewhere, but I felt like a doof for not being able to track it down myself.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Jinkeez posted:

Thank you, but I don't mean the fuse item - I mean the actual phone you interact with to call the police - I couldn't find it anywhere. Later in the match, someone did call the police, so it must've been around somewhere, but I felt like a doof for not being able to track it down myself.

They may need to adjust the interaction prompt for stuff because it can be super easy to walk right past stuff, even with a flashlight on. I don't mind missing a weapon out in the forest, but the phone being hard to find (because it's small and blends in) is annoying and not in a "Oh well panicked teenagers" kinda way and more just a "Why did you make it so loving tiny?!"

E: has anyone else had other players bitch about using the melee attack as Jason? I've had a couple of games where I was told that I was "Being a bitch" and "Cheesing" the game because I used a melee attack to weaken up the other players.

Yes they were pubbies, but is this like a thing? Where you just decide to not use a function of the game because reasons?

Because it's really dumb that Jason players would just abandon a useful mechanic because "Reasons"

I'm honestly waiting to hear someone say the throwing knives are OP and shouldn't be used.

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 6, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
doesnt the phone shimmer in the building?

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008
Not enough to catch my eye, at least. I'm also really good at running right past batteries, in spite of their shimmer.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

joylessdivision posted:

They may need to adjust the interaction prompt for stuff because it can be super easy to walk right past stuff, even with a flashlight on. I don't mind missing a weapon out in the forest, but the phone being hard to find (because it's small and blends in) is annoying and not in a "Oh well panicked teenagers" kinda way and more just a "Why did you make it so loving tiny?!"

The phone is in a fixed position depending on which type of cabin it's in. In the long cabins it'll be in the central hallway, in the Packanack lodge it's in the far left room upstairs, and in I think the lodge in Crystal Lake it's right at the top of the spiral staircase. I don't remember if there's any other possible locations at the moment. The phones also have one of those white interaction icons when you get close.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Werewolf chick is hot

I think someone should play one of the following songs while chasing people as Jason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbQsKJ64S0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cw1ng75KP0

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008

Unbalanced posted:

The phone is in a fixed position depending on which type of cabin it's in. In the long cabins it'll be in the central hallway, in the Packanack lodge it's in the far left room upstairs, and in I think the lodge in Crystal Lake it's right at the top of the spiral staircase. I don't remember if there's any other possible locations at the moment. The phones also have one of those white interaction icons when you get close.

Thanks, this is a huge help, not knowing what my search boundaries should be was really messing with me.

Does anyone else wish there was an "Opt Out of Tommy Jarvis" option? Sometimes I just wanna watch the other counselors after I get murdered! Also why does he look uncannily like British actor Matt Smith?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I'll see your three and raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1Vetd7OCs

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

You lost me on that because my opinion of FF7 is that it is poop

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Those are good. My three are "Walking on Sunshine", "Don't Worry Be Happy", and "The Final Countdown".

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snatch Duster posted:

tiffany is bae

The saddest thing is, I've seen these movies enough times to know these are two different characters in two different movies.

The first girl is one of a pair of twins in the fourth movie, and the second is a mickey mouse shirt wearing girl from the second movie, whose clothes are all like, three sizes too small. I'm pretty sure she gets out alive too.

This is not a negative for the record, just my nerdery is supreme.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Jinkeez posted:

Also why does he look uncannily like British actor Matt Smith?

The two actors have very similar chins and general facial structure. The way Tommy's face looks in-game seems to be even closer to Matt Smith.

Not sure what the best way to describe the cabin type is, but another phone location is next to a bathroom door, the bathroom walls being inset into a larger main room.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Wait a minute, none of these are Yakkety Sax!?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

You lost me on that because my opinion of FF7 is that it is poop

:getout:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Basebf555 posted:

I tried to play as Chad but I found myself pulling Adam-like moves that felt wrong as a Chad. I guess its my natural instinct to die heroically.

Conversely I've tried playing as Adam and I'm basically Nux.

"I'm going to die on historic on the fury road!"
*Jason teleports right on me and punches my head off*

"There's Jason attacking those nerd kids! WITNESS ME!"
*steps in bear trap*
*Jason kills me with a throwing knife*

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

The first girl is one of a pair of twins in the fourth movie, and the second is a mickey mouse shirt wearing girl from the second movie, whose clothes are all like, three sizes too small. I'm pretty sure she gets out alive too.

Nope, she dies. At the end of the film when the final girl finds Jason's shack and the sweater booty girl's body is next to Jason's Mommy Shrine.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

https://youtu.be/SXmk8dbFv_o

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
What gets me is people moaning that they die too fast and have to sit there watching other people for 20 minutes when I've escaped as a counsellor real fast a few times and... Do they complain then as well?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

What gets me is people moaning that they die too fast and have to sit there watching other people for 20 minutes when I've escaped as a counsellor real fast a few times and... Do they complain then as well?

Search your soul, you know the truth.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jinkeez posted:

I've seen the phone in some bizarre spots before, like one time it was in a random bedroom on the second floor, and kind of around a corner where you wouldn't even see it unless you were looking for it. Maybe you just had bad luck like that.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

s.i.r.e. posted:

Nope, she dies. At the end of the film when the final girl finds Jason's shack and the sweater booty girl's body is next to Jason's Mommy Shrine.

Beat me to it.

Terry (or Terri) has the skinny-dipping scene, Scott is killed in the snare by having his throat cut with a machete, Terry comes back and finds the body, screams, [MPAA CUTS THE SCENE], Terry's body is found by the Final Girl, Ginny, at Jason's cabin.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Drunken Baker posted:

Yes.

Admittedly I give an "Oh for fucks sake" or something if I die super early on, but if Jason is being cool/funny while he does it, I'll play along and add my own death sound effects. Then I spend the rest of the match in "Dead Guy Chat" and laugh at the stupid poo poo the rest of the players are doing. Not saying dying early doesn't kinda suck, but that's how it goes sometimes, and especially since you basically can't escape without a pocket knife at this point, dying super early does suck, but considering I've been playing with a lot of pubbies/randos I've added to my friends list who weren't complete morons, if I die early it means I can duck out for a smoke or something.

The people who beg to be Jason or spend the rest of the match pissing and moaning about how they died are the worst. There was some absurd drama in a game last night where someone died in the first 15 seconds, then next round blasted the dude who played Jason the previous round with a shotgun as revenge.

The screaming argument that broke out in the chat was both hilarious and really, really sad.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The girl who survives in the original Friday the 13th dies in the first scene of Part 2, and you can also see her decomposed body in Jason's shack when they go there at the end. You can tell its her because she still has an ice pick sticking out of her head.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Beat me to it.

Terry (or Terri) has the skinny-dipping scene, Scott is killed in the snare by having his throat cut with a machete, Terry comes back and finds the body, screams, [MPAA CUTS THE SCENE], Terry's body is found by the Final Girl, Ginny, at Jason's cabin.

I just watched the film's a few months ago and I wasn't ready for the amount of off screen deaths.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Drunken Baker posted:

Nope because you've actually accomplished your goal and succeeded, so watching the rest of the game play out is fine. Unless the game is being drawn out by an inept Jason or a guy that's under a bed for half the game.

The one thing that sucks for me coming back as Jarvis after a quick escape, because that means one of the vehicles is gone and escape as Jarvis probably isn't going to happen.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

s.i.r.e. posted:

Nope because you've actually accomplished your goal and succeeded, so watching the rest of the game play out is fine. Unless the game is being drawn out by an inept Jason or a guy that's under a bed for half the game.

The one thing that sucks for me coming back as Jarvis after a quick escape, because that means one of the vehicles is gone and escape as Jarvis probably isn't going to happen.

Why is that a problem? Your job now as Tommy is to help the others escape and to be an annoyance to Jason.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
You should strive never to escape as Jarvis. Jarvis should always be killed by Jason. You shouldn't really even die heroically, the Tommy from the movies would never be able to pull that off. Immediately run to Jason, deliver a one-liner, shoot him, get killed. That's it, job done.

I always roleplay Tommy as hilariously incompetent.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Beat me to it.

I wonder what was so bad about that kill that got it cut from the film. The same film with the wheelchair bound hunk getting a machete to the face and falling down unlimited stairs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just watched the film's a few months ago and I wasn't ready for the amount of off screen deaths.

The MPAA has always given the Jason films the harshest treatment for whatever reason.

• Locked thread