Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I just wait until I'm home and it costs way less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think at this point saying that gets you watched even harder

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Me I prefer to light the fires of Gondor on the skyline for my tinder swipes. Probably good for getting views. ...watches? What's the technical term here?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I just shitpost on The Something Awful Forums

I'm sure that's gotten me on a good six or seven watchlists by now so w/e

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The perfect twofer schadenfreude :)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Weatherman posted:

I just shitpost on The Something Awful Forums

I'm sure that's gotten me on a good six or seven watchlists by now so w/e

We're up to at least eight now, that one goon just got perma'd not too long ago for threatening the president. Again.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Waaaaay back in the late 90s, I set up my AIM auto-response to say "%n sucks" or something like that. The %n would be replaced with the username of whoever sent a message.

Days later I got a phone all from a cop. He said he was at the victim's house and explained that my threats were being taken seriously. Eventually I got enough info to realize that a "friend" got that response and...I guess called the cops.

It took me a long time to explain what happened. The analogy that clicked was "it's like a mirror with <this person sucks> written on the frame". Still took another phone call to get it all cleared up, although I was never clear on what crime was involved.

Anyway, the idea of having to explain a post on an Internet forum in court sounds terrifying. Your honor, you'll see by my regdate that I'm...it's a ferret your honor...well user dicknipples was making a joke and...like dicks for nipples? I do actually think the Vice President had sex with a horse, your honor.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SLOSifl posted:

Waaaaay back in the late 90s, I set up my AIM auto-response to say "%n sucks" or something like that. The %n would be replaced with the username of whoever sent a message.

Days later I got a phone all from a cop. He said he was at the victim's house and explained that my threats were being taken seriously. Eventually I got enough info to realize that a "friend" got that response and...I guess called the cops.

It took me a long time to explain what happened. The analogy that clicked was "it's like a mirror with <this person sucks> written on the frame". Still took another phone call to get it all cleared up, although I was never clear on what crime was involved.

Anyway, the idea of having to explain a post on an Internet forum in court sounds terrifying. Your honor, you'll see by my regdate that I'm...it's a ferret your honor...well user dicknipples was making a joke and...like dicks for nipples? I do actually think the Vice President had sex with a horse, your honor.

Saying somebody sucks isn't a crime, even if they kill themselves over it. But the cops still have to interrogate you to see if you said something worse or specifically targeted someone for harassment. They don't know until they make sure. The possibility was that you could have committed a crime. That's how law enforcement works :cheeky:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zaphod42 posted:

Saying somebody sucks isn't a crime, even if they kill themselves over it. But the cops still have to interrogate you to see if you said something worse or specifically targeted someone for harassment. They don't know until they make sure. The possibility was that you could have committed a crime. That's how law enforcement works :cheeky:

Zaphod42 sucks!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I mean...yeah. Although calling the cops because of that is not cool.

The cop was actually very understanding and told me on the second call that he was fluffing it up for that girl.

It had nothing to do with the legal process, just that explaining a text macro in an internet chat program for any legal purpose isn't fun.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Jun 7, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Small town huh? One time instead of having the police take me and my friend home for underage drinking in the park and being out after curfew we agreed to wash his police car for the next month. Small town cops are either the coolest or absolute worst.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

Small town huh?

Sometimes in other countries even the city cops act like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpoqGfqiEus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NhQmZ3S6E

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Horse.
Wedding.

If we can get a 15,5% 70 month finance 2018 truck with rolled over negative equity photoshopped into this pic we will hit a bAd With Money tic-tac-toe.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Solice Kirsk posted:

Small town huh? One time instead of having the police take me and my friend home for underage drinking in the park and being out after curfew we agreed to wash his police car for the next month. Small town cops are either the coolest or absolute worst.

Small town cop story: After busting some teens who got caught with pot brownies he came up to me and just shook his head, "what a waste." "Troubled youths, whatchado right?" I sympathized. "Naw, it's a waste to cook all this weed, just smoke the drat stuff." And he tossed the bag of brownies at me and left. Guy also let me tail him through red lights at like 2am after I got off my late shift.

Schadenfreude is on the kids who had to get picked up by their parents and I'm sure got fined for possession as I looked on with red steely eyes.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I'm not sure who the schad is on here - Kesha or Seinfeld.

https://streamable.com/8o5ad

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Horse.
Wedding.

If we can get a 15,5% 70 month finance 2018 truck with rolled over negative equity photoshopped into this pic we will hit a bAd With Money tic-tac-toe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dear Prudence posted:

I'm not sure who the schad is on here - Kesha or Seinfeld.

https://streamable.com/8o5ad

Owned by a sentient bee.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sometimes in other countries even the city cops act like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpoqGfqiEus

I'm always amazed when I watch something like this and no one is shot or tazed or at least tackled and tossed in a cop car. We are a real hosed up place.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That lady who got fired from her news job reminds me of something that happened where I work. It's a zoo that has special event buildings, which can be rented out for things like weddings.

I was leaving through the gates at the security office with two other coworkers, and there was this very large lady with a cane making a big stink with the guards. She wanted a golf cart brought to her so she wouldn't have to walk to the venue. A: The venue is less than 100 feet away and B: The carts are operated by special staff who have to be informed of the need for one well in advance to make sure someone is available, especially if it's after 5 p.m. because they usually work 9-5 doing other aspects of their job, but will shift their shift if needed. Security can't just go take one on a whim even if they're not in use.

So this lady is raising this huge stink about how lovely our service is, and she is NOT going to be pushed in a wheelchair, her son, waiting in his car, is not going to be reduced to pushing a wheelchair, she demands to be driven. All we have are wheelchairs, and my coworkers and I step in to offer to push the chair if that would help the situation. She keeps mentioning she works for a major news network in the US and she'll do an expose on us if we don't give in to her demands. Well, we never did, and she eventually gives in so long as one of us pushed her. Her son goes to park his car just as she starts walking around the front to get something out of the passengers seat, and proceeds to hit her with the car. Lightly enough that nothing happens, but it was like "Wow, this is a hosed up situation."

The lady gets her things, sits in the wheelchair, and we push her around the corner of the security office. She sees a large white tent directly in front of her and asks "Is that where the weddings is?" and we tell her "yes". She says "Well, I won't be seen needing a wheelchair for that short a distance, I'll just walk." And she does.

We were there for FIFTEEN minutes trying to help defuse this situation that went on for gently caress knows how long before we got there.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
When celebrities attacked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zUrSF3fodU

When celebrities attack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in98JOaZEkg

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Holy gently caress that first Britney Spears one, you win lady, no amount of fan worship is going to make me brave enough to approach that.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
:catstare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqaZ8QMoqzw

:catbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-q7sxB8oQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGelhzl4l84

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

SLOSifl posted:

Waaaaay back in the late 90s, I set up my AIM auto-response to say "%n sucks" or something like that. <Snip>

I got my original AOL account banned for foul language. I convinced my mother to appeal the ban on the grounds that the comments were made at 2 AM and the logs showed I was offline at that time.

Yeah that was a bluff. I'm glad she didn't check the logs! She was convinced I was hacked.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You used to be able to have your AOL account suspended for "scrolling." Remember that poo poo?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zaphod42 posted:

Saying somebody sucks isn't a crime, even if they kill themselves over it

Nope, but telling them to kill themselves, guiding them through the process and then berating them when they look like they're not going to do it sure is!

Woman on trial for texts 'driving boyfriend to suicide'

quote:

Michelle Carter is charged with involuntary manslaughter for her role in the suicide of Conrad Roy III.
Prosecutors allege Ms Carter drove the Massachusetts 18-year-old to his death to attract sympathy.
She has asked a judge to rule on the case, rather than a jury of her peers.
"You need to do it, Conrad," Ms Carter texted him on the morning of 12 July, according to records presented by the Bristol County District Attorney's Office.
"You're ready and prepared. All you have to do is turn the generator on and you will be free and happy," she wrote.
Texts show he wavered in his plan to follow through with the suicide, at one point getting out of his pick-up truck.
The court heard that Ms Carter, who was then 17, replied: "Get the f*** back in the car."
After his death, she fundraised for mental health awareness and led a charity softball event in his honour.

gently caress that bitch, hope she goes up the river for life.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Memento posted:

Nope, but telling them to kill themselves, guiding them through the process and then berating them when they look like they're not going to do it sure is!

s h e i s a b a d p e r s o n

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Thats loving messed up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

im pooping! posted:

fear of spiders is so ubiquitous it makes me wonder if it is instinctual and our prehistoric ancestors did battle with giant man-sized spiders

Maybe there were man-sized spiders. Maybe there were spider-sized mans. :iiam:

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

You used to be able to have your AOL account suspended for "scrolling." Remember that poo poo?

Like scrolling down through a chat? I confus.

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Memento posted:

Its extremely terrible.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poldarn posted:

Yeah, repeatedly posting in a chat quickly so no one could see what anyone else was saying.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Poldarn posted:

Spamming so many messages that it begins to scroll the log.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Progs were the poo poo. I once got some woman's password from a list and signed onto her account. I sent a bunch of curse words to the only online person on her list and immediately signed off in shame.

Those were simpler times, back in 97. :corsair:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Robiben posted:

Its extremely terrible.

ugggggggggh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I have no idea what the story is, but your custom title area's got some p amusing schadenfreude going on with it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I have no idea what the story is, but your custom title area's got some p amusing schadenfreude going on with it

It has nothing to do with me. The real schadenfreude is that everybody who posted in the FFXIV thread on one page got this same stupid avatar because of ImpAtom. Its his fault. None of the rest of us were even talking about him.

Seriously go click on the FFXIV thread in games and half the posters have this lovely avatar now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726685&pagenumber=1940

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 05:29 on Jun 7, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

It has nothing to do with me. The real schadenfreude is that everybody who posted in the FFXIV thread on one page got this same stupid avatar because of ImpAtom. Its his fault. None of the rest of us were even talking about him.

Seriously go click on the FFXIV thread in games and half the posters have this lovely avatar now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726685&pagenumber=1940

that's better than I could have imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
https://i.imgur.com/CQWnlkm.gifv