Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Reinanigans posted:

drat thread, all the talk of Morimoto convinced me. I made a reservation for lunch for my trip in September.

Anyone have a recommendation for something to try?

The Crispy Branzino expanded the flavor limits I thought fish had and I eat a ton of fish. If it matters to you the plating and presentation is pretty special as well. I've also had their super expensive sushi and tasting something that fresh and delicate is a little mind blowing. I'm not impressed easily by weirdo expensive dishes with $50 per mg ingredients so going in the first time I expected good food but way overpriced and not worth it. They flipped it on me. There's a feeling that Morimoto himself has a lot of direct control over the restaurant and if you're familiar at all with him you'll know how serious he takes his work. It's everywhere throughout that place.

Just FYI the main inside area is a little louder and busier compared to the upper floor. The second time around we sat up there and it's very cozy and chill. Much nicer if you're like me and not into the usual Disney restaurant craziness.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Reinanigans posted:

drat thread, all the talk of Morimoto convinced me. I made a reservation for lunch for my trip in September.

The duck. Absolutely the duck. The tuna pizza is also fantastic. The chocolate cream and crunch is one of the best desserts at Disney, and my wife (pastry chef) agrees.

For monetizing fast pass, if anything they will always keep FP+ a free resort perk like Extra Magic Hours, but I could see them forcing non-resort guests to add it on to their tickets or something. They would have to refine the system some more to make it worth the upgrade though.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 6, 2017

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Reinanigans posted:

The Rock Shrimp Tempura is amazing. I had the Buri-Bop and I enjoyed a lot.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also they've been charging for fast passes with the private tours forever now. Especially the VIP Ultimate Thrill Family Classics. The thing I heard would be similar to those.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I'm glad this thread isn't into that whole DISBoard scene because while dedicated those people are also "FlyerTalk" levels of crazy and entitled. Glad they closed the loophole, any time you benefit from something like that you should know you're hastening it's demise anyway.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney banning accounts if you have fastpasses on your account but didn't use the ticket for the day, so remember to cancel them if you don't go to a park AP-ers

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Empress Brosephine posted:

Disney banning accounts if you have fastpasses on your account but didn't use the ticket for the day, so remember to cancel them if you don't go to a park AP-ers

Really? I thought it was only if you tried to use the MB at the tapstyle if it wasn't active for that day

Disneyphilip
Jul 3, 2016

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

His posts are always like that, but he is usually well informed.

No. He is not informed in the slightest possible manner. He's a liar and a fraud! 😡

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fejsze posted:

Really? I thought it was only if you tried to use the MB at the tapstyle if it wasn't active for that day

Blogs are saying if they see fastpasses and a ticket not redeemed it's the ban hammer.

Memory maker went up in price today also rip. I might have a spare code if someone wants one I'll try to take a look.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's if you try to use a FP in the park without it being attached to a ticket used to get into the park that day. So don't book a FP on a family member's AP and try to use it without them checking into the park.

They are not banning people who don't use a FP they booked. Half the guests in the park would get banned for skipping their Voyage of the Little Mermaid pass.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/07jun2017-effective-today,-disney-is-enforcing-fastpass-usage-terms-and-conditions.htm

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I ate at Morimoto once. I had the tofu pad thai and it was delicious! I don't even like tofu. Also, if you want egg rolls, maybe go for lunch instead of dinner. I was told they make a certain amount of egg rolls in house fresh each day and when they're out, they're out. I wanted to try them but they were out. Womp womp.

I got an email today saying that the booking system is going down on June 9 and we won't be able to make any WDW reservations. Maybe this means 2018 pricing is coming out soon? Not sure.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero One posted:

It's if you try to use a FP in the park without it being attached to a ticket used to get into the park that day. So don't book a FP on a family member's AP and try to use it without them checking into the park.

They are not banning people who don't use a FP they booked. Half the guests in the park would get banned for skipping their Voyage of the Little Mermaid pass.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/07jun2017-effective-today,-disney-is-enforcing-fastpass-usage-terms-and-conditions.htm

Yeah that's what I meant sorry. So if you have a AP and make fastpasses you won't use Get rid of them.

You guys talked me into Morimotos! I'm excited. Just bought a dslr camera also so!

And Braks I haven't heard anything but I know we've been testing stuff all week so I think part of it might be that one thing I told you about and some of those pricings.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah that's what I meant sorry. So if you have a AP and make fastpasses you won't use Get rid of them.

You guys talked me into Morimotos! I'm excited. Just bought a dslr camera also so!

And Braks I haven't heard anything but I know we've been testing stuff all week so I think part of it might be that one thing I told you about and some of those pricings.

Hit me up if you ever want to go shoot in the parks!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Will do, I still haven't even figured out how to use it yet haha but I'd be so down. Half of the reason why I bought this was because I wanted to chronicle stuff that looks to be going away forever soon (and the rumor mill is saying Great Movie Ride is soon also ). Do you have PMs?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I don't, but you can email me defeldus gmail

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

(and the rumor mill is saying Great Movie Ride is soon also )

Good, that ride is terrible. I rode it for the first time last month and have no nostalgic fondness for it. It's boring and has none of the charm of something like Jungle Cruise.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Universal dropped a teaser for Super Nintendo World today (Japan time) for Japan, it's opening in Orlando shortly after Japan (2020 before the olympics start), and a smaller version in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCqJ8llKuA

They had a groundbreaking ceremony for it today also, mentioned
- The land is budgeted for $60 billion yen ($550million) being t one of the most expensive theme park lands ever created.
- It is opening in Osaka Japan in 2020.
- The main attraction will be a Mario Kart attraction.
- The technology used in it will be the “world’s most advanced technology”.
- The land will feature shops, restaurants and other rides.
- The area in Japan will be two stories tall.
- Super Nintendo World is being built in part of the park’s parking lot.
- The area is promoted as being “very interactive”
- Bowser’s Castle (Main baddy in the Mario Games) and Princess Peach’s Castle will both be built.
- There are other things unannounced (It's not just mario), DK Mine cart ride, etc.

As for Morimoto's I have bad luck both times I've been (the week after it opened and 6 months later), hope its better now.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Blogs are saying if they see fastpasses and a ticket not redeemed it's the ban hammer.

Memory maker went up in price today also rip. I might have a spare code if someone wants one I'll try to take a look.

Hi! Do you mean a code for memory maker? I am going in September and held off on buying it. Those rascals.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

(and the rumor mill is saying Great Movie Ride is soon also ).

Whyyyyyyyy? :(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We adore Great Movie Ride but we're huge movie buffs and love golden age Hollywood stuff. The Alien sequence is also fantastic.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That was the only part of the ride I liked. I know you need to embrace cheesiness at Disney, and I usually do, but I can't find anything to like about that ride outside of the Alien sequence.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I love GMR. I love being in line for 45 min so I can watch the movie and check everything out. But I'm a pretty big cheese ball so you'll have that.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I never realized how much I wanted a shoulder banshee until they sold out

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Alien part of the ride is also my favorite part(though the Robert Osborne narration ruined it for me a bit) if we don't include the hijacking of the ride, cowboy version is better cause of the fire though I like the atmosphere of gangster area.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think they do the cowboy jacking anymore. Or atleast I haven't gotten it in 10 years and neither has anyone I know :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think they do the cowboy jacking anymore. Or atleast I haven't gotten it in 10 years and neither has anyone I know :(

It's generally only done when it's crowded enough that both cars need to be filled, in which case the front car continues to the Wild West while the rear car remains to get stuck at the red light.

Supposedly you can ask for the front car but I can't confirm this is actually possible.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Wait, I thought the cowboy hijacked the cars every time? Or at least every time I've ridden it, there's a hijack during the shootout. How else do you get the attempted theft at the pyramid?

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

From what i remember if its empty you get gangster hijack; if the park is full or everyone rushes into GMR due to sudden rain(especially due to all the ride/area closures), one group gets cowboy and the other the gangster.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anya posted:

Wait, I thought the cowboy hijacked the cars every time? Or at least every time I've ridden it, there's a hijack during the shootout. How else do you get the attempted theft at the pyramid?

There's a hijacking in the gangster scene that most people get, as it's the default on slow days and the rear car's scene on crowded days.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
If you go in the early afternoon most days they'll be running both. Just ask and they'll put you in the one you want.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

chitoryu12 posted:

It's generally only done when it's crowded enough that both cars need to be filled, in which case the front car continues to the Wild West while the rear car remains to get stuck at the red light.

Supposedly you can ask for the front car but I can't confirm this is actually possible.

They run bandit most days, but the ratio is about every three load cycles. If you load on the right side of the doors you'll go bandif, left side gangster I usually request bandit. You might have to wait fifteen minutes or so max. Bandits ride off into the sunset mid afternoon or so.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also do any of you know the song that plays when you're on hold to Disney that is like primarily trumpet? It's been stuck in my head forever and I can't figure it out

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
They only run Bandit (what they call Cowboy) at peak times of the day. So if you go later in the day when it's less crowded and the ride has a ten minute wait, you probably aren't getting the cowboy, but here's how you know the cowboy is running! If they are loading both sets of vehicles, the front one will stop with the bandit, while the second one will stop at Gangster.

One of my good friends is a gangster, so I tend to do that more often because she's PERFECT.

and yeah, I've heard tell the ride isn't going to be around much longer, but it will be there at least until the new lands open.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

and yeah, I've heard tell the ride isn't going to be around much longer, but it will be there at least until the new lands open.

Yeah, whenever people worry about GMR closing, I have to remind them that it won't happen for years because there is no way they close it until Star Wars and Toy Story open.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welllll I would say year at max if it happens. Rumor mill was saying they'll announce it in July / August.

We should find out next month the future of Ellen's and Figment though. Goodnight sweet Figment prince :qq:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Good riddance I say. That ride is terrible and a mockery of the original perfection.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In regards to GMR, that ride seemed really awesome opening day but then went downhill as time went down. I wish I got to see the giant Lady Cake scene actually spin around I'm sure that was impressive as hell.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

In regards to GMR, that ride seemed really awesome opening day but then went downhill as time went down. I wish I got to see the giant Lady Cake scene actually spin around I'm sure that was impressive as hell.

That's one of those things that I go back and forth with about the disney parks. They *love* to push the envelope, and do some amazing things, but at times they're way over-ambitious, and you end up with Disco Yeti(tm) where if they'd only gone like 75% we'd have something that is far better than this super-awesome-thing as it exists in its current form. And then they just are like "well, that sucks, enjoy something that doesn't work because it's too complicated and we didn't think it through, but it was totally awesome and you would have loved it."

I'm also super bitter that nobody believed me when I said rocks used to fall from the ceiling at Indy in DL. Took me years to find something that confirmed it worked for like a month and they shut it down.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Fejsze posted:

That's one of those things that I go back and forth with about the disney parks. They *love* to push the envelope, and do some amazing things, but at times they're way over-ambitious, and you end up with Disco Yeti(tm) where if they'd only gone like 75% we'd have something that is far better than this super-awesome-thing as it exists in its current form. And then they just are like "well, that sucks, enjoy something that doesn't work because it's too complicated and we didn't think it through, but it was totally awesome and you would have loved it."

I'm also super bitter that nobody believed me when I said rocks used to fall from the ceiling at Indy in DL. Took me years to find something that confirmed it worked for like a month and they shut it down.

They used Ice blocks, I believe. Super cool idea, but I imagine it cost a lot for something they had to do all day every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I remembering seeing a video of the spinning lady cake and then that scene made so much more sense. It's too bad that it couldn't get refurbished and new scenes to update it, I love the Wizard of Oz and Alien parts but the small scenes could get a change.

HS is going to be so different from look and feel in just a few short years. I wonder how much of a premium the Boardwalk area will become once both lands open up.