Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Tempted to convert for Rip Torn, chased away by Adam Sandler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

like the main thing that picture should teach you is never get an acting degree

Actually the lesson is to pretend to be liberal so you'll get work.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
actually the lesson here is don't post Facebook memes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I always loved Rip Torn's name. I wish my last name lent itself to ridiculous joke names to inflict upon my children

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I always loved Rip Torn's name. I wish my last name lent itself to ridiculous joke names to inflict upon my children

Someone I worked with in amateur acting clearly was going for a Rip Torn reference (or I assume because otherwise I don't see why you'd choose two, one-syllable names and have one that rhymes with Torn). He can't really enunciate and grumbles and posts 3000-word replies on everyone's Facebook feeds about any conceivable subject from "eating dinner" to "played basketball today" about being libertarian.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

runupon cracker posted:

Of course Trump is going to win in 2020. It doesn't matter how many people are outraged by his insanity, everybody loves a show and the Dems have no good candidate at all.

Tulsi Gabbard is real and she is strong and she is my friend

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's going to have to come up with a response to the constant accusations of "Assad Apologist" that the centrist dems will throw at her, though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Skypie posted:

Someone I worked with in amateur acting clearly was going for a Rip Torn reference (or I assume because otherwise I don't see why you'd choose two, one-syllable names and have one that rhymes with Torn). He can't really enunciate and grumbles and posts 3000-word replies on everyone's Facebook feeds about any conceivable subject from "eating dinner" to "played basketball today" about being libertarian.

in libertarian basketball we won't even need refs

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

corn in the bible posted:

in libertarian basketball we won't even need refs

2995 words too short

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Oh wow, this is really eye opening to what we're dealing with

Democrat celebrities more succesful

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PmmMG-6mwo

yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
TRUMP IS FINE

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDwotNLyz10

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

CassandraZara posted:

Tulsi Gabbard is real and she is strong and she is my friend

Sorry, who?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Trump is fine.
It's totally normal for states and D.C. to sue sitting presidents.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

There was a special prosecutor and 6-month investigation into Jimmy Carter's lone peanut farm.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Nothing converts pro-Trump voters like DC lawyers and bureaucrats going after Trump.

Converts to "Super-pro-Trump" voters, that is.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Nothing converts pro-Trump voters like DC lawyers and bureaucrats going after Trump.

Converts to "Super-pro-Trump" voters, that is.
Probably not, but having their husbands deported, refusing to pay for their services, putting their house on the other side of the proposed wall, and taking their healthcare away so they'll die of easily preventable illness doesn't convert them, either.

I guess we could offer a viable alternative but...it's way over there and I don't wanna get up.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Knight posted:

Probably not, but having their husbands deported, refusing to pay for their services, putting their house on the other side of the proposed wall, and taking their healthcare away so they'll die of easily preventable illness doesn't convert them, either.

The problem here is that this is all make believe, and Trump voters are overwhelmingly grounded in the reality of their life outside your metropolitan area.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

In a recent Quinnipiac University poll, respondents were asked what word immediately came to mind when they thought of Donald Trump: The No. 1 response was “idiot.” This was followed by “incompetent,” “liar,” “leader,” “unqualified,” and finally, in sixth place, “president.” Superlatives like “great” and a few unprintable descriptives came 
further down on the list.

Lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They don't want jobs they want welfare and to sit around working on collages or lovely poems while 3rd world slaves do everything for them

same

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The problem here is that this is all make believe, and Trump voters are overwhelmingly grounded in the reality of their life outside your metropolitan area.
Nah

quote:

“I guess I thought that, you know, he would not do this, he would not take health insurance away knowing it would affect so many peoples lives,” says Debbie Mills, an Obamacare enrollee who supported Trump. “I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot pay for insurance?”
http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2016/12/13/13848794/kentucky-obamacare-trump

quote:

Like many in Allentown, Pennsylvania's Syrian Orthodox Christian neighborhood, Assali voted for the Republican candidate last November.

This weekend, she watched two of her brothers-in-law, their wives and children get deported back to Damascus from Philadelphia International Airport even though they had US visas.

"It was a shock," she says. "If [Trump] had an issue with them entering the United States, we should have been told about it. It should have been discussed. We should be able to get some legal help in there. ... The way they were returned in a two-hour period, it was just devastating."
https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-02-01/trump-voter-stunned-find-her-syrian-relatives-deported

quote:

Jeff Marchini and others in the Central Valley here bet their farms on the election of Donald J. Trump. His message of reducing regulations and taxes appealed to this Republican stronghold, one of Mr. Trump’s strongest bases of support in the state.

As for his promises about cracking down on illegal immigrants, many assumed Mr. Trump’s pledges were mostly just talk. But two weeks into his administration, Mr. Trump has signed executive orders that have upended the country’s immigration laws. Now farmers here are deeply alarmed about what the new policies could mean for their workers, most of whom are unauthorized, and the businesses that depend on them.

“Everything’s coming so quickly,” Mr. Marchini said. “We’re not loading people into buses or deporting them, that’s not happening yet.” As he looked out over a crew of workers bent over as they rifled through muddy leaves to find purple heads of radicchio, he said that as a businessman, Mr. Trump would know that farmers had invested millions of dollars into produce that is growing right now, and that not being able to pick and sell those crops would represent huge losses for the state economy. “I’m confident that he can grasp the magnitude and the anxiety of what’s happening now.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/us/california-farmers-backed-trump-but-now-fear-losing-field-workers.html?smid=tw-share

quote:

Watson also voted for Donald Trump, believing the businessman would bring change. She dismissed his campaign pledges to scrap the Affordable Care Act as bluster.

Now, as she watches the new president push to kill the law that provided her with a critical lifeline, Watson finds herself among many Trump supporters who must reconcile their votes with worries about the future of their healthcare.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-obamacare-trump-voter-20170224-story.html

quote:

The program works for 56-year-old Linda Preast, who signed up for the program two years ago after a stroke left her in a wheelchair. Meals on Wheels delivers to her every weekday. Like most residents in Jones County, she voted for Donald Trump.

“Are you surprised?” Miller asked.

“Yeah,” Preast said. “Because he was told- I was under the influence that he was going to help us.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/meals-on-wheels-trump-budget-cut-impact-on-voters/

quote:

Trump supporter’s husband getting deported despite being a ‘model resident’

An Indiana woman who voted for President Donald Trump last year is trying to stop Immigration and Customs Enforcement from deporting her husband.

Beristain’s wife, Helen, says that she voted for Trump in November because she supported his policies on deporting undocumented immigrants. However, she tells IPM that she never expected her own husband to be caught up in a deportation wave.

““[Trump] did say the good people would not be deported, the good people would be checked,” she explained.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-supporters-husband-getting-deported-despite-being-a-model-resident

These are real people (not twitter accounts) who made some poor decisions, expecting they would be held in exception, and it's hard to have sympathy for them. The reality is now being ground into them.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Aw I guess Comey couldn't find his memos huh :shobon:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

walgreenslatino posted:

Aw I guess Comey couldn't find his memos huh :shobon:

the current narrative is that comey was the leaker and distributing his memos was treason, please keep up

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Train posted:

In a recent Quinnipiac University poll, respondents were asked what word immediately came to mind when they thought of Donald Trump: The No. 1 response was “idiot.” This was followed by “incompetent,” “liar,” “leader,” “unqualified,” and finally, in sixth place, “president.” Superlatives like “great” and a few unprintable descriptives came 
further down on the list.

Lol

if there's one thing I've learned in the last year, it's that polls are a thing we should care about

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:owned:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

if there's one thing I've learned in the last year, it's that polls are a thing we should care about

It's funny

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Blue Train posted:

It's funny

it is but it's also one of those "I can't believe this is what counts as journalism now" stories

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fair enough

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Are "isolated incidents" proof positive of a systemic issue now? Because we should chat about RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Wheres the newspaper interviewing me that I have to pay $125 more a month for insurance, potentially diminishing the amount of Sq Footage i can afford while home shopping

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wheres the newspaper interviewing me that I have to pay $125 more a month for insurance, potentially diminishing the amount of Sq Footage i can afford while home shopping

The media has some standards.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Haha I forgot about this happening during this insane election

Remember when Hillary prominently dispalyed the Pulse Clubs shooter's dad right behind her lmao

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"you gotta go after their families" after all, eh spunk

ol' newt had an interesting insight this morning
https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/874228318865952768
funny how life comes at you fast
https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/864998445244743684
:thunk:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Haha I forgot about this happening during this insane election

Remember when Hillary prominently dispalyed the Pulse Clubs shooter's dad right behind her lmao

And?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

And then she spit a throat cookie into a glass of water and vanished for 3 months.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

lol remember when Bob Dole had Timothy McVeigh's father in the audience at his rally

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
oh good, 2 of the shittiest posters are in dumb baby jail, this thread is ours now.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Piss de Bundy posted:

oh good, 2 of the shittiest posters are in dumb baby jail, this thread is ours now.

Duster made a bad "your mom" joke lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Piss de Bundy posted:

Ok, whatcha got

• Locked thread