Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hawowanlawow posted:

I gotta go make a call

Nice. :jerkbag:

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anony Mouse posted:

Shut the gently caress up about your unremarkable preferences in ethnicities and body types and your boring opinions on the social acceptability thereof.

How to handle sleep-farting in front of your SO gracefully ...is there such thing?

I would be so confused if my SO apologized to me for farting on their sleep.

There is a diaper/underwear thing you can buy that has noise muffling technology and carbon inserts to neutralize both sound and odor so i guess if it keeps you awake at night you too can strap space age technology around your butthole to keep up the fiction that you dont have a functional GI tract.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sorry to sully your fart joke with mine there fart police

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hawowanlawow posted:

Sorry to sully your fart joke with mine there fart police

I was empathizing. :glomp:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

purple death ray posted:

listening to Chad just fuckin gerrymander his sister's guts.

i mean if i overheard somebody chopping my family member's intestines up into small divisions i'd be bothered too , tbf

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Kids these days are into all kinds of weird poo poo :shrug:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
This is the diaper I wear to go night-night so I don't make stinkies. I am an adult.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All we are is farts in the wind. :smith:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

I would be worried about it becoming a missile.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I mean you can't fart in your sleep, you gotta wake up a little to fart so..

definitely not true, based both on published articles and anecdotal experience

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LGD posted:

definitely not true, based both on published articles and anecdotal experience

Oh cool I didn't know we had a fart scientist itt. :science:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

you don't really need to be a master of empirical observation to notice someone ripping one off in close proximity

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ahem, I am a premier fartacologist, I have studied farts for the past 25 years, what knowledge of farts do you need imparted?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I did my dissertation on the half-life of SBDs.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fruit on the bottom posted:

I did my dissertation on the half-life of SBDs.

:same:

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
My(23M) asexual gf(22F) of two years has ceased all forms of physical contact since I told her I'm okay with her sexuality. She also lied to me. Should I break it up?

quote:

I posted on this thread earlier, but I forgot the password for the throwaway account so here is another account.

Here's a gist of the previous post-

Gf(22F) of 2 years tells me(23M) she is asexual when we moved in together. She said she'd still continue to satisfy me sexually, and that she loves me as a person, and not my body. I felt insecure initially as I felt I am unnattractive. But the general consensus of close friends and the commenters was to go forward with the relationship because she was willing to compromise, which I did.

Anyhow, things have changed a lot since then. I researched and tried to learn more about asexuality, and tried my best to make myself comfortable with it. But lately she has been rebuffing all forms of physical contact such as hugs/holding hands and pretty much anything. I thought she was doing this because she needed space, and I did not try to initiate any physical contact. The last time we had sex was in april, and her go-to dialogue is that "God gave you hands, so you can help yourself" if I try to initiate. For context, I have a low libido and only feel randy around once every 10-15 days. We sleep on the same bed, but I'm not allowed to touch her(she just takes my hand away or makes some distance between us if I get close). But the rest of the relationship is pretty sound, and I love her and like to think that she does too.

I tried to hold her hand when we went for a walk yesterday, and she was visibly disgusted. I immediately withdrew my hand and haven't really talked to her since. I am really hurt, and it has incredibly affected my self-esteem. I slept in the hall last night, and woke up to a text from her best friend(22F, friends since they were 7 yo) who basically cussed at me for not "accepting" her for who she was and not respecting her. I tried to make her see my side of the equation, but she refused to listen so I just agreed with her. On some further discussion, I learned that she has been aware of her asexuality ever since she was 15.

This is where the betrayal comes in-she told me that she only discovered her asexuality recently. She had been lying about herself all along, at first about being attracted to me and then about her sexuality. I feel like I have been duped, and that she betrayed me. If she would've told me about her sexuality beforehand, I would've considered it and come into terms with it or maybe not continue it, sparing us a lot of heartache. Also, she has not delivered on the promise of keeping me sexually satisfied.

I am really considering making her move out(I own the place) and breaking up with her. But before doing it, is what I feel justified? Am I right to feel this way? If not, what should I do?

Also,Is this relationship salvageable? Is anything worse saving?

tl;dr gf of 2 years says she is asexual. Since then there has been no physical contact of any kind. She was disgusted when I tried to hold her hand. She also lied about her sexuality, as she knew about it beforehand and told me she only discovered it recently.

Update: she is home now. Its around 9 pm over here, and after she settles down I'm going to tell her that we need to break up, because I cannot tolerate it anymore and that she needs to move out.

Yaaaaay asexuals

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Need to open up the relationship

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Lareine posted:

My(23M) asexual gf(22F) of two years has ceased all forms of physical contact since I told her I'm okay with her sexuality. She also lied to me. Should I break it up?

Yaaaaay asexuals

It has a happy ending at least!

Blue Train posted:

Honestly, this 100% is the second most correct thing to do.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Uh does asexuality usually involve shunning all forms of physical contact?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I love my mother, but sometimes she's wound a bit too tight. My girlfriend [26F] and I have been dating for 7.5 years. I fully intend to marry this girl. We've lived together for 3.5 years and still going strong.

My girlfriend and I are polar opposites. She's more sweet and conserved while I'm a bit out there. She's exactly like my mother without the whole "You're my son until you die so let me try to control everything," bit.

She dislikes my girlfriend yet tries to dictate every aspect of her life whenever my girlfriend comes around. I've politely and on two occasions aggressively told her to butt the hell out, but she doesn't quit.

Recently I wanted to add onto my tattoos getting my girlfriend's name. When my father told my mother about this she invited us to Sunday dinner under a ruse and repeatedly brought up articles about how couples who get their SO's name tatted on them either break up, regret it, etc etc. I just nod my head and ignore it. I'm a grown man. I'll do what I want until she bursts out that I'm an idiot for getting my girlfriend's name tatted on me. And to make matters worse my girlfriend who has a sort of tiger-kitten personality when angered jumps up defending me and runs out the door.

I run after her and console her. Like I, she's tired of my mother. After she's gone home my mother cries telling me my girlfriend doesn't like her, she just wants the best for me, blah blah blah.

I'm stuck between a rock in a hard place here, and I'm not sure if this is about the tattoo (still getting it) or more of an underlying issue. I want all three of us to talk it out, but at the moment it doesn't look my girlfriend is up for it. I don't know what to do.

tl;dr: My mom is crazy and doesn't want me to tat my girlfriend's name on my body. My girlfriend is pissed.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lareine posted:

it has incredibly affected my self-esteem

I do not believe this, for the same reason that I don't believe nutso GF has incredibly affected leprechauns.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dude is a horrible writer and the tattoo is a dumb idea

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Between a rock in a hard place

MF_James
May 8, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

Between a rock in a hard place

yeah, that's another thing that bothers me, people loving up common sayings like that. Also, that guy sucks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My mental picture of the guy is thugged out macklemore.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Uh does asexuality usually involve shunning all forms of physical contact?

Not usually, no.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
how dare you be offended by your gf's disgust of you

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
im touchsexual, i can only get off through physical contact

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

SaltyJesus posted:

im touchsexual, i can only get off through physical contact

I read these forums to get away from exactly this sort of rampant perversion.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She's exactly like my mother

Also this is a red flag imo.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
There's a 50 year old creep with a BMW and a notebook full of names who would pay SO MUCH for that kind of scornful neglect.

edit- also don't go to sleep with a buttplug in, you'll poo poo it out and ruin the duvet.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

There's a 50 year old creep with a BMW and a notebook full of names who would pay SO MUCH for that kind of scornful neglect.

edit- also don't go to sleep with a buttplug in, you'll poo poo it out and ruin the duvet.

As an asexual, I can only assume inflatable buttplugs are to keep yourself from making GBS threads out your fartstopper.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Blue Train posted:

One of the very few situations where it might actually be a good idea. Or not becaise why enable her bullshit?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Opening the relationship is a great way for the boyfriend to start dating other women while weaning himself off his neglectful asexual girlfriend.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Father [59] stopped paying my [29F] student loans

quote:

My parents divorced when I was in high school. Their divorce agreement states that my dad would pay 60% of my college education and my mom would pay 40%. When I finished college, my dad said he would only pay for the loans he co-signed for (50%). My mom took him to court, and the judge said he couldn't enforce what was said in the divorce agreement. After all of this happened, my dad told me he wouldn't pay the loans forever and they would eventually be my responsibility.

My dad paid for his loans for several years. He consistently paid a month late and never sent the checks to the loan company himself, opting instead to write me a check that I would then deposit and then send to the loan company. He paid only the interest for as long as he could, so his currently monthly payments are a whopping $500/month.
Fast forward to two summers ago. My dad got two months behind and told me to start paying it. He'd opened a new business at the time, and it was failing. My husband and I started making the payments to protect ourselves. A few months after he had to close his business, he was diagnosed with cancer and could not work.

Since this point he has not paid my loans and we have not discussed them. I understand that he cannot pay now (given his filing for bankruptcy), but I want him to take the responsibility back over when he is able. I haven't brought it up, because my dad has a history of alcoholism and depression and I don't want to be the reason he succumbs to either of those ailments. Also, my sister sides with my dad on this and thinks he shouldn't have to pay. I love my niece and fear she might cut off contact between us.

Before I come off as greedy, let me make a few points. My dad has literally never brought up the loans. He hasn't even thanked us for taking over the payments, but he praises the rest of his family for giving him loans. Also, since we started making the payments my dad has adopted two dogs and taken two trips that involved him paying for airfare. Also, he has an RV and the monthly payment costs more than my loan. He only recently decided to sell the RV, but he doesn't like the trade-in value someone quoted him...so he's going to keep it.

I've talked to my friends who are parents about the issue, and they think my dad is crazy. He made a promise to me, and he should keep it. They said they would default on everything else before that put that sort of financial burden on their kids...especially since the reason my dad's business failed was because he ran it poorly. Before all of this happened, my husband and I planned to get a second car. Now, we haven't been able to. We live in a suburban area where you have to drive to everything, so we need one. $500/month is a lot!

On top of paying my dad's loan, I also pay for my grad school loans. I knew they would be my responsibility before I enrolled.

I'm not really sure what to do. I understand my dad is in a bad place financially, but I don't think it's fair that my husband and I should have to pay for his mistake. Any suggestions?

tl;dr: My dad is having financial trouble and has stopped paying my hefty student loans.
I'm confused, why isn't my broke cancer dad paying my student loans? I need more car and now I can't afford it. :qq:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
His mistakes, which include trying to give his daughter a debt free education, and getting cancer.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Father [59] stopped paying my [29F] student loans

I'm confused, why isn't my broke cancer dad paying my student loans? I need more car and now I can't afford it. :qq:

I loving lost it at "Before I come across as greedy". Too late!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

His mistakes, which include trying to give his daughter a debt free education, and getting cancer.
Yeah "trying" isn't usually an out as far as divorce agreements go. The court screwed her. She shouldn't have cosigned anything but yeah.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I have literally never been madder at a dumb reddit post. God drat it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

I have literally never been madder at a dumb reddit post. God drat it.
Do you get mad at single mothers whose ex-husbands "try really hard to pay child support"(aka less than ordered and late) until they got cancer? It's the same, it just sounds weird to you because it's the child and not her mother left holding the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, Dad is legally obligated then tried to shirk it and payed late for years before getting cancer and bad business got him. If he didnt have cancer people wouldnt defend him, but also goddamn how much student loan did this child have.