Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tatsuta Age posted:

Stop putting faith in McConnell you blockheads

nobody has "faith" in him you moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Have any major outlets reported this yet?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I choose to victim blame them for this. I mean...how were you voting that day? Oh, you said no comment but they kept filming? It sounds like you were basically asking for an impromptu interview.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I still wish we had gotten a word filter that changes "Trump's base" to "Trump's baes"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

HappyHippo posted:

Can't you just log out of your account to read his tweets?

Of course you can. But if someone blocks you there is no notification and it unfollows them so it gives no notification that there is a new post and no notification that you no longer get notifications.

Like it's not the end of the world but it's also pretty clear cut the sort of thing you can't do with official government announcements, single out people to actively not get them.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

evilweasel posted:

nobody has "faith" in him you moron

You said on the last page he won't kill the filibuster

That's faith in him being reasonable, no?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/874654176940306432
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/874656528434958336
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/874460502210084866

lol greenwald is a piece of poo poo:
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/874618932707168257

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/874612319074095104
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/874422448573349888
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/874605209590345729
https://twitter.com/markfollman/status/874623376299409409

Re: Norks dumping their nearly dead prisoner:
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/874655820209958912

Trolled by the NBA:
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/874635804777357314

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Don't presidential speeches have to be open to everyone, even though you could listen on the radio or watch on TV? I remember that coming up when Trump decided to give speeches as campaign rallies rather than presidential events so that he could block certain people from attending. I would assume the same principal applies to blocking on Twitter.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

They know they're loving the American people hard.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This isn't fixable. They're all in on ending democracy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ReidRansom posted:

They know they're loving the American people hard.

Who the gently caress do these people think they are? They're public servants, not royalty.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tatsuta Age posted:

You said on the last page he won't kill the filibuster

That's faith in him being reasonable, no?

no, that is my belief that mcconnell has made an amoral, tactical decision he prefers the filibuster remain for reasons I've said before: it lets him quietly kill dumb poo poo from the house, and because the filibuster hurts democrats much more than it hurts republicans

i have no faith in him having any principles of any kind or doing anything for any reason other than the political power of the republican party. he's just better about seeing what's in their long term interest than the idiots in the house or the white house.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

evilweasel posted:

that sure sounds like obstruction of justice to me

removes the allure of chokeslamming reporters

it's for the press' protection

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

*kramers into thread* nothing matters!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

There Bias Two posted:

Who the gently caress do these people think they are? They're public servants, not royalty.

You idiot, they are royalty, they just proved it to your peasant rear end.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

How big is trump's "base" how do we measure it? Is it just that one guy that prays to the cardboard cutout or is it a thing polls could detect?

I've usually seen it tallied around 35-40% of the population, but there's been a lot of thinkpieces published over the past couple of weeks that indicate it might be slipping to mid-twenties in most polls conducted (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-base-is-shrinking/).

It's still a fairly large population who seem to be comfortable laying on the train tracks, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

There Bias Two posted:

LOL You're so quaint.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Faustian Bargain posted:

They are Republicans, why are you surprised at this?

Anyone else get the feeling that Sessions is just going to try to squash the Russia thing by testifying? He had to volunteer for the public session, didn't he?

Sorry, i misread the tweet thought it was about dems bending over because I saw a D. Sorry.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Fart City posted:

I am curious as to what the tipping point will be where this administration's massive dillholery will begin to have a direct and immediate effect on Trump's base. Even if the healthcare gets pushed through, it's going to take time to phase in. I know blind indoctrination goes a long way, but with so many toxic policies being rushed through at such a breakneck pace, surely there has to be something that will come down the line that will make even his die-hard's realize "oh, this is bad for [i]me/i]."

Never. It might turn away people who really hated Clinton and didn't realise Trump would be way worse, but people who would vote for a cabbage as long as you put an "(R)" tag on it won't care and alt righters neoreactionaries probably think it's great that Trump is being a total rear end who pisses off everyone to the left of the KKK.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Don't you guys know the McConnell doctrine? "Do literally anything you're shameless enough to get away with?"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Don't presidential speeches have to be open to everyone, even though you could listen on the radio or watch on TV? I remember that coming up when Trump decided to give speeches as campaign rallies rather than presidential events so that he could block certain people from attending. I would assume the same principal applies to blocking on Twitter.

Yeah, there is a lot about twitter that makes it quite unsuited to be a platform for official government announcements

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

More evidence for my Republicans are literally turning into actual vampires theory.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
I mean, it's pretty believable that there's been so much reporter movement that it's messing up security. That's just part and parcel with a wholly insane administration. A thoughtful approach to solve this problem would be called for. But once again, they pick the course of action with the worst possible optics. How often are they going to stick their hand in a bandsaw? And that's assuming the security concerns are the real reason in any case, which is by no means certain.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LaserShark posted:

I mean, it's pretty believable that there's been so much reporter movement that it's messing up security. That's just part and parcel with a wholly insane administration. A thoughtful approach to solve this problem would be called for. But once again, they pick the course of action with the worst possible optics. How often are they going to stick their hand in a bandsaw? And that's assuming the security concerns are the real reason in any case, which is by no means certain.

It is not a coincidence this is happening right when the health bill stuff is heating up.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Right, they're not media servants. The American people sent them to washington to do a job not preen in the TV spotlight. Lazy media is mad they'll have to actually work at their job for once.

:gopsay:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

LaserShark posted:

They're betting cutting off access will hurt them way less than the media actually getting to cover their healthcare bill.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

LaserShark posted:

excuse me i voted for that bandsaw what do you mean it is dangerous

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

LaserShark posted:

How hard would it be to just make the reporters line up at the front door and let in no more than some specified number at a time to avoid a stampede. Maybe kick them out over the lunch break so new reporters have a chance to enter in the afternoon.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

skylined! posted:

excuse me i voted for that bandsaw what do you mean it is dangerous

I though the band saw would only cut wood, not my hands too!

I still support the band saw even without my hands.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
If Trump fires the special counsel, how is he going to face repercussions? This isn't the same political environment Nixon faced. As far as I can tell, there's nobody both willing and able to call him to account.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If a lawsuit came up, given that it was said that Trump's tweets were to be considered official WH statements, I would expect that he'd be ruled against. Someone will have to file that suit to sort it out though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Petr posted:

If Trump fires the special counsel, how is he going to face repercussions? This isn't the same political environment Nixon faced. As far as I can tell, there's nobody both willing and able to call him to account.

There is ZERO chance this republican party would've forced Nixon to resign.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Petr posted:

the left has guns too

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spiritus Nox posted:

They'll start playing loud.

You mean like they did in NC, WI, MI, and several other states for the last several years?

Chilichimp posted:

I have one request for my birthday. Please loving fire Jeff Session when he refuses to end his recusal and terminate Robert Mueller. Then fire Rod Rosenstein and then fire Dana Buente when neither of them agree to fire Robert Mueller.

Considering how quickly Dana Buente stepped up to defend the first Muslim Ban I believe he'd be willing to fire Mueller.

Isn't DC a one party consent when it comes to recording people? I'm sure a news outlet could have one of their staff sneak a recording with their phone or w/e if they felt the need.

logosanatic
Jan 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

OctaMurk posted:

Am I the only one who hopes that Mueller stays and completes the investigation like its supposed to happen?

i dont think the investigation will turn up what we want. i think the trump family has had business relations in russia prior to election.

i think people around trump had communications with russian citizens during election.

liberals will see maximum guilt in those 2 points

conservatives will see 0 guilt in those 2 points.

i much prefer to drag trumps reputation through the mud with an investigation. causing him stress. make him make mistakes. drain his administration of air to do other things

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Petr posted:

At that point — and especially because it would be a certainty that some very damaging stuff would be leaked out (and likely promptly ignored by the GOP) after such a move — I would support military removal of the president.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Petr posted:

This is one of the only things he could do that could give the Democrats a serious chance at the senate

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

This is one of the only things he could do that could give the Democrats a serious chance at the senate

Health Care passing gives them a chance at the Senate.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Health Care passing gives them a chance at the Senate.

Post your map.

Or is this another one of your "well sure reality doesn't match my fantasy, but the world *should* work this way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I'm not encouraged by the left version of civil war preppers as a political solution.

• Locked thread