Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/874676671529574400 I think Trent likes taking scary bumps a little too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

checksin posted:

the forearm chainsaw is a secret move that he only uses against taguchi

That was one of the first Kenny Omega matches I ever watched and I loved that move so much. It was so stupid but the way the commentators described it, it made so much sense. "He shaves his arms a few days before a match so that it's stubbly during the match!"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ishin posted:

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/874676671529574400 I think Trent likes taking scary bumps a little too much

That WK spot where the Bucks dodged a tope and Trent just went splat on the entrance ramp made me audibly yelp

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SalTheBard posted:

That was one of the first Kenny Omega matches I ever watched and I loved that move so much. It was so stupid but the way the commentators described it, it made so much sense. "He shaves his arms a few days before a match so that it's stubbly during the match!"

Don't believe a thing Matt Striker said on that show. He made up an entire story about the Nakamura/Ibushi match that had no basis in reality. Anybody saying that Callis (who is actually quite good) is worse than Striker is full of poo poo.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Callis is growing on me and I think it's because he constantly shits on Gedo which is amazing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ishin posted:

Lolin @ Kyle o'rileys response

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This cover shot from Okada/Omega 2 is such a great photo and I want one without the text

https://twitter.com/AnizAdamAnsari/status/874717038874210304

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo that's a good cover

Ironic that the failure to make the cover made the cover.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That's a sweet picture and tells the story, although I think I like this one more:

Cody has always been boring to me no matter the promotion. I kind of don't want to watch him anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There was a side-angle of that shot in their replay which really highlighted how beautiful that move was.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Helicity posted:

Cody has always been boring to me no matter the promotion. I kind of don't want to watch him anymore.

My hope is that the Long Beach main is Okada Immediately hits a dropkick and then just starts spamming Rainmakers until Kenny walks out and throws in the towel to the protest of no one.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

My hope is that the Long Beach main is Okada Immediately hits a dropkick and then just starts spamming Rainmakers until Kenny walks out and throws in the towel to the protest of no one.

I hope Cody wins in less than 5 minutes and wonders why Kenny struggled so much :twisted:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Helicity posted:

That's a sweet picture and tells the story, although I think I like this one more:

This is a great shot. I love great sports photos and it's nice to see them for wrestling and have them be so good just adds to this match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can Billy use his WWE music in NJPW? I gotta hear that Long Beach pop for "I'm an rear end Man" in 2017.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Benne posted:

Can Billy use his WWE music in NJPW? I gotta hear that Long Beach pop for "I'm an rear end Man" in 2017.

Will take back all the rude words I've said about letting Tana work while seriously injured and buy a super overpriced scalper ticket if it means I can hear Billy Gunn come out to rear end MAN at a NJPW show

Edit: I'll also buy merch. I'll also buy a third photo with Tanahashi, and this time I'll tell him "Holy poo poo dude, take a break."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So is Tana vs. BIlly Gunn a singles match for the IC Title or some kinda multi-man?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

So is Tana vs. BIlly Gunn a singles match for the IC Title or some kinda multi-man?

Singles. I assume this match is happening because Tana is literally wrestling with one arm and they wanted to give him something safe and easy before the G1 starts. He'll probably just sit in a chinlock for like 5 minutes before hitting a couple Slingblades and High Fly Flows and getting out of there.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Benne posted:

Singles. I assume this match is happening because Tana is literally wrestling with one arm and they wanted to give him something safe and easy before the G1 starts. He'll probably just sit in a chinlock for like 5 minutes before hitting a couple Slingblades and High Fly Flows and getting out of there.

When he had that recuperation feud with Yano a while back he still couldn't resist doing some of his crazier stuff in the short span those matches tended to last. I remember at least once he hit Yano with the High Fly Flow to the outside.

I know he's not there yet, and it likely will be a few years, but its going to be so weird seeing Tanahashi in the old man gaggles at the front end of cards.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

The build for this started before he got injured. Tanahashi loves weird American style matches when he's in the US.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It does make me wonder how much longer they can rely on using Tana near the top of the card. I know why he's still there -- living legend, loyal company man, gracefully passed the torch, can still have great matches with anyone -- but the dude is beat to poo poo, and always seems to be working through one serious injury or another over the past few years. They should probably put their foot down and force him to ease up his schedule, but I don't know if that will happen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

It does make me wonder how much longer they can rely on using Tana near the top of the card. I know why he's still there -- living legend, loyal company man, gracefully passed the torch, can still have great matches with anyone -- but the dude is beat to poo poo, and always seems to be working through one serious injury or another over the past few years. They should probably put their foot down and force him to ease up his schedule, but I don't know if that will happen.

Wrestling.txt

They do ease up on him a bit. There have been a few tours where he barely does anything in the tags because he's banged up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

Wrestling.txt

They do ease up on him a bit. There have been a few tours where he barely does anything in the tags because he's banged up.

I think if this was any other time of the year they'd just have him hide in 8-man tags for a few months, but they clearly had big plans for him in G1/KOPW season and just put the IC belt on him, so huh, we're really doing this.

Who's next in the IC pecking order? Anyone who could logically take the belt off Tana quickly? I assume Naito is moving into the IWGP picture and he's my pick to win the G1.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Holy poo poo that would be so awesome.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

With G1 coming up I'm not sure we have a next man up for the IC title, though you have to think they're eyeing one of the younger guys like Evil, Sanada, Juice or Elgin to get a run with the belt. Evil and Sanada would be nice as it could set up a turn on Naito which make some great heat

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

With G1 coming up I'm not sure we have a next man up for the IC title, though you have to think they're eyeing one of the younger guys like Evil, Sanada, Juice or Elgin to get a run with the belt. Evil and Sanada would be nice as it could set up a turn on Naito which make some great heat

Juice and Elgin would be good choices. I won't be surprised if they go back to Elgin as a make-good since the orbital injury stalled his push last year.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'd say Fale will probably get a pin on Tana in the G1 and get a shot. Elgin, Ishii and EVIL are probably candidates too but it'll probably be another two years before anyone shifts out of LIJ.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the IC champ is relied on to be a significant draw so the list of guys that can hold it is pretty short. i really doubt it goes to EVIL, SANADA or Juice.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Can you get event posters anywhere?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Anybody saying that Callis (who is actually quite good) is worse than Striker is full of poo poo.

I might have overreached on the Striker comparison, but gently caress, if I wanted a Lawler-type screaming every time a beautiful woman is on-screen, combined with a Cole-type that will explain a match storyline over and over and over and over (at least Cole might have a McMahon screaming in his ear all night), Callis is the dude to call. It's exhausting. I wish Ross/Barnett weren't on a four-month delay.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/mjk_pw100/status/873885593595293696

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just caught this, loved it. Has there been any negative reactions to it from the usual grouchy ex wrestlers/wrestling reviewers? Also, i feel so worried for these two - those bumps looked super hard. Do Japanese wrestlers get more time to recover or do they just have shorter careers?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Spikeguy posted:

Do Japanese wrestlers get more time to recover or do they just have shorter careers?

No and no

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
If Okada is considered the best wrestler in the world right now does that make Omega #2?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

they get more time to recover in that they're not wrestling 4-5 days a week every week, and when they are the multi-mans at smaller shows aren't as strenuous as singles

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spikeguy posted:

Just caught this, loved it. Has there been any negative reactions to it from the usual grouchy ex wrestlers/wrestling reviewers? Also, i feel so worried for these two - those bumps looked super hard. Do Japanese wrestlers get more time to recover or do they just have shorter careers?

They get more time to recover as there are gaps between tours.

handsome only face posted:

they get more time to recover in that they're not wrestling 4-5 days a week every week, and when they are the multi-mans at smaller shows aren't as strenuous as singles

During a tour they are working that much.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

they're not catching any flgihts eithewr

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

they're not catching any flgihts eithewr

Yeah I would think traveling on buses really helps with recovery just due to extra rest/stretching capacity.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah I would think traveling on buses really helps with recovery just due to extra rest/stretching capacity.

I miss Nakamura taking pictures of Ishii sleeping on the bus.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Where can I get a STONE PITBULL eye mask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

There's less travel time too because according to my calculations, Japan is,

*crunches numbers*

*stares at results*

*slowly takes off glasses*

Smaller than America.

• Locked thread