Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kavak posted:

She may also have tried to convert YoRHA units before and hit a 9S-like brick wall of indoctrination, or maybe Command can remote trigger the self-destruct or something similar. Didn't the deserter we found in the factory have something like that happen to her?

she disconnected herself from yorha internet and went into youtube withdrawal symptoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
9S is the one who actually tried to figure out what her deal was. 2B is the one who couldn't care less and wants to kill her for command.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Huh, that's a fun bit of ambiguity then. I took "let's go" as "let's leave"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I did the same thing with the assault on the forest kingdom. Felt bad at first because I thought maybe the Forest King was Emil in some kind of wacky misunderstanding until I found them plotting to attack the village, and after that I took great pleasure in wiping them out.

Also A2, gently caress yeah

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
All I gotta say is the bitch better not make any dramatic stabby entrances anywhere near Pascal's village if she knows what's good for her. :mad:

...well maybe if Jean-Paul comes back.

(also I really wish you guys wouldn't do the whole 'well I don't want to say anything about this character, but here are some things about the character' thing...)

Zoe fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 13, 2017

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
thats probably why she is on yorhas kill on sight list, she kills all machines unlike the soft yorha who leave the peaceful ones alive.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Forget it, Jake, it's Yoko Taro Town.

pulsor93
Mar 3, 2015

Screaming Idiot posted:

"A2, this is a direct order from Command: report to a vending machine and put clothes on immediately."
"gently caress YOU THERE ARE MACHINES THAT NEED STABBING."
"Your epidermis is-"
"gently caress YOU SKIN JUST SLOWS ME DOWN WHEN I AM STABBING."
"We can see your-"
"IT IS STAB O'CLOCK AND I AM INCREDIBLY PUNCTUAL."

...nice to see Caim's ghost found a new vessel.

Hey, ID, any chance we'll see Caim and Red's ghosts again?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

"A2, this is a direct order from Command: report to a vending machine and put clothes on immediately."
"Your epidermis is-"
"We can see your-"

So this is what headcanon feels like

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Your epidermis is-"
"We can see your-"

This needs to be shared to the world. And Yoko Taro.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Andyzero posted:

I like how A2 has Bravely Default "No time to explain or else I'm too upset" disease. "You betrayed us! Why?" "They betrayed you!" "....what? How?" "Nah, I'm out" :magically flutters off:

Really? You can't shout one nugget of info they can verify? Heck, if I was a rebel android, I'd be filling up microchips with my manifesto and hurl it dramatically at anyone who asks.

She doesn't seem to particularly care. The only reason she said anything was because 9S asked, she didn't look to have any real interest in explaining herself.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
yoRTubE

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/855212157612560385

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
you sure that's not jackass in a wig???

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Are you sure that's not Caim?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

She talks.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
And doesn't smile.

Caim was usually all smiles.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dark Id, do you pre-record any of the game before starting the LP? You just crank out updates like they're going out of style

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dark Id, do you pre-record any of the game before starting the LP? You just crank out updates like they're going out of style

Id is basically A2 except his STAB ALL THE MACHINES protocol was replaced with drinking and LPing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm pretty sure Id is retired; it's easy to find time to crank out updates when you don't have a dayjob to worry about :v:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Considering the last LP he did ended with him saying he probably wasn't going to do more any time soon because he's too busy, I doubt he's retired. As to what he actually does, the most plausible explanation that fits with what he's mentioned over the years he's been doing LPs is that he's actually a Metal Gear protagonist. Or a Metal Gear boss. Or both, I guess, considering how these things go.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Considering the last LP he did ended with him saying he probably wasn't going to do more any time soon because he's too busy, I doubt he's retired. As to what he actually does, the most plausible explanation that fits with what he's mentioned over the years he's been doing LPs is that he's actually a Metal Gear protagonist. Or a Metal Gear boss. Or both, I guess, considering how these things go.

You're so close and yet so far.

He's a Metal Gear.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Andyzero posted:

Really? You can't shout one nugget of info they can verify? Heck, if I was a rebel android, I'd be filling up microchips with my manifesto and hurl it dramatically at anyone who asks.
"They just...threw a fistful of plugin chips at us and ran off."
"Yeah."
"I'm not putting that in me. Probably has a logic virus in it or something."
"Yeah..."

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Caim was usually all smiles.

What a charmer he was.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Caim just wanted to show you things, like how to make Red do a loop-de-loop, how to juggle swords, and most of all, your intestines.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Caim just wanted to show you things, like how to make Red do a loop-de-loop, how to juggle swords, and most of all, your intestines.

Biology education is important for targets people of all ages!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Andyzero posted:

I like how A2 has Bravely Default "No time to explain or else I'm too upset" disease. "You betrayed us! Why?" "They betrayed you!" "....what? How?" "Nah, I'm out" :magically flutters off:

She was loving with them, not trying to convert them. Why elaborate beyond what she'd already said.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zomborgon posted:

Biology education is important for targets people of all ages!

Caim is all about educating the children. So was Leonard, come to think about it, though he had an entirely... different class in mind.

The class was social studies. Leonard knows how important it is to suppress one's instincts for the betterment of society.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, I have the feeling if A2 came by the forest village there wouldn't be a forest village anymore.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Josuke Higashikata posted:

All we know is that Taro has said YoRHa does have a meaning but he's not sharing for now.

DarkId, you mind asking Yoko Taro to pretty please reveal its meaning? I'm sure he's got time to tell his marketing department stuff :v:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Yoko Taro(h)

Yoarh

YoRHa

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Y'all
obviously
Really
Hate
acronyms

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Y'all
obviously
Really
Hate
acronyms

Yes
Our
Robots
Have
Asses

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

YoRHa's obtuse recursive header acronym

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

There was actually an interview question with Taro Yoko about that.

A2's actually less impressive, strictly by specs, than the cutting edge YoRHa models like our heroes.

She's just got grace under pressure.

I think I recall that answer, but also that she lacks safety features that the new models do.

And considering 2B can just decide to explode home base on a whim, that's saying something.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
[whoops! pretty sure you meant to post this in the Games thread, not here. -fedule]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
hey amuys you might have meant to put that in the main games thread and not the lp thread, just sayin

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure Id is retired; it's easy to find time to crank out updates when you don't have a dayjob to worry about :v:

Edited out for being a big stupid dink who should shut his mouth.

Req.Martyr fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 16, 2017

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

Req.Martyr posted:

No, he had to fly down the state's (or south, can't recall) to replace someone who couldn't travel due to the travel ban that was going on. So he seems to work in some degree; but full/part time is unknown.
Could also work from home and is grossly irresponsible haha

He LP'd Drakengard 2....of course he is grossly irresponsible.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Req.Martyr posted:

No, he had to fly down the state's (or south, can't recall) to replace someone who couldn't travel due to the travel ban that was going on. So he seems to work in some degree; but full/part time is unknown.
Could also work from home and is grossly irresponsible haha

Id is the Napoleon of crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stop being weird. if you want to know details of id's life so much pm him and ask.

• Locked thread