Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrNutt posted:

I realize it makes me sound naive, but like I said, it's been awhile since I've played online games with people that are not self-selected groups (like goon Destiny groups). My skin's pretty thick but it's annoying and unfunny and makes the game less fun to play.

Also I did mute a couple people but the game kept unmuting them. Super helpful.

That's encouraging at least. I've definitely been mute a bunch but that's because I'd rather not interact with a bunch of unfunny racist douchebags. I generally talk when there's something useful to communicate.

Did you just migrate here from a different timeline? If not, I got some news for ya. PC and SJW sensibilities do not hold much weight anymore for like the last year and half. Especially in online games.

Also, have you not visited GBS of late?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Snatch Duster posted:

Did you just migrate here from a different timeline? If not, I got some news for ya. PC and SJW sensibilities do not hold much weight anymore for like the last year and half. Especially in online games.

:shrug: GBS has been terrible in many different ways for the last ten years so I stick mainly to games and d and d. I don't care about "sensibilities" but it's obnoxious unfunny and stupid. As are most people I guess.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Who the hell willingly reads gbs? I haven't for at least ten years, it's a hive of scum and villainy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
oh my gentle christ as much as i'd love to do this entire song and dance again i'll just quote myself from the last time this nonsense kicked up

Coolguye posted:

it's worth noting that snatch duster does this in practically every thread i've ever seen him post in in games, folks. in the vermintide thread he kept the entire goddamn thread running around on his bait for like 6 pages because he argued that they should be playing the hardest difficulty in the game using the absolute shittiest weapons available to be properly in line with the developers' vision. I ended doing an all-caps meltdown post telling people they were talking to an obvious troll to make people shut their loving mouths.

like for real, I have nothing against SD but do not take his aggressive stuff seriously, it's neither genuine nor earnest.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I knew I was in for a ride when a guy unironically referred to LA as "Cuck country". I'd never heard it ever said sincerely out loud.
Also I love this game but it crashes just as often for me as it did before the latest Xbox patch.

I also encountered an amazing glitch. Jason grabbed at me just as I laid down some firecrackers. I went into the grab animation but jason didn't have hold of me. So I proceeded to float in the air, in full control and at the speed of a sprint with no stamina issues. Jason kept trying to keep up with me as we all laughed about it. I even hovered above the water in my never ending force choke. Wish I'd recorded it.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Snatch Duster posted:

You sound like a fourteen year old.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

So several years older than randos on voice then

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrNutt posted:

:shrug: GBS has been terrible in many different ways for the last ten years so I stick mainly to games and d and d. I don't care about "sensibilities" but it's obnoxious unfunny and stupid. As are most people I guess.

Sorry if you cant find the humor in Jason punching a counselor's head off while the player you just killed calls you a human being as the flying severed head bounces off of the games geometry.

If that offends you, you're a humorless dolt with a stick up his bum.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

You sound like a fourteen year old.

You sound like a 17 year old whipping out that insult lmao.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hexenritter posted:

Who the hell willingly reads gbs? I haven't for at least ten years, it's a hive of scum and villainy.

It is the most popular forum according to site analytics.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

It is the most popular forum according to site analytics.

Yeah but by that metric the Kardashians are quality entertainment and Trump is an actual politician :v:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Snatch Duster posted:

Sorry if you cant find the humor in Jason punching a counselor's head off while the player you just killed calls you a human being as the flying severed head bounces off of the games geometry.

If that offends you, you're a humorless dolt with a stick up his bum.

Yeah, it's fun to own people who behave like assholes. It's not fun to listen to assholes constantly.

Sorry if this is hard for you to understand.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah but by that metric the Kardashians are quality entertainment and Trump is an actual politician :v:

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, it's fun to own people who behave like assholes. It's not fun to listen to assholes constantly.

Sorry if this is hard for you to understand.

Now now, don't reply to him. Not replying to him is like smothering an elderly relative with a pillow. He'll make a lot of noise and then eventually fade away...to poo poo up some other thread.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
LMAO I just got in a game where Jason and a counselor are working together. Watching them casually waltz around and listening to them chat each other up about the patch notes is surreal.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hamshot posted:

Now now, don't reply to him. Not replying to him is like smothering an elderly relative with a pillow. He'll make a lot of noise and then eventually fade away...to poo poo up some other thread.

I have no problem with Duster, I'm enjoying the ride.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Snatch Duster posted:

You sound like a 17 year old whipping out that insult lmao.

Well I'm rubber and you're glue, little boy. Go play somewhere else.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hexenritter posted:

You're mistaken. Quantity is what is in question here, not quality. DrNutt wouldn't haven brought up his complaint of players screaming out human being or the nword if it happen once in 50 hours of gameplay. His complaint was how often it had occurred.

Granted, calling Jason a cuck or a fag right before he kills you isn't the height of comedy, but it can be funny under certain circumstances. I suggest you reread DrNutt' s complaint. I was merely pointing out that for the last 18 months people online have started using these insults far more often, especially older folks that aren't teenagers.

Chalk it up to Trump, SJW losing popularity, Bill Maher, or whatever. Being upset about it is stupid and silly. Especially in f13 game when in the movies characters call each other faggots several times.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hush, snatch duster, hush, only dreams now.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hamshot posted:

Hush, snatch duster, hush, only dreams now.

Put me on ignore if you can't handle my posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Don't get me wrong, slurs and perjoratives get slung around like there's no tomorrow and I am fully cognisant of that, I was just commenting on how bad gbs had been for a long time. Plus I think if you're going to sling insults when Jason is killing you, you should step up your game and exercise a little creativity but asking that of randos is going to be deeply disappointing.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hexenritter posted:

Don't get me wrong, slurs and perjoratives get slung around like there's no tomorrow and I am fully cognisant of that, I was just commenting on how bad gbs had been for a long time. Plus I think if you're going to sling insults when Jason is killing you, you should step up your game and exercise a little creativity but asking that of randos is going to be deeply disappointing.

Idk calling Jason a cuck is pretty solid considering the films.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Yeah you're not allowed to call people niggerfags in gbs either. And no adult says poo poo like that in polite company 5 years ago or now.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

Idk calling Jason a cuck is pretty solid considering the films.

Gooey cumfart with a head like a rotten testicle would be better imo but cuck does have that snappy immediacy

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snatch Duster posted:

Lmao you're the dumbest gently caress in the world.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Lmao you're the dumbest gently caress in the world.

I do not like to see you post.

There is an ignore feature sweetie, maybe you should utilize it?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Snatch Duster posted:

Put me on ignore if you can't handle my posts.

You're an edgy fourteen teen year old, he can handle them but you're annoying

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah you're not allowed to call people niggerfags in gbs either. And no adult says poo poo like that in polite company 5 years ago or now.

Hahaha yes, I too consider players of Friday the 13th: The Game to be 19th century dinner party attended by lady's in waiting.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

Hahaha yes, I too consider players of Friday the 13th: The Game to be 19th century dinner party attended by lady's in waiting.

Now I want to see a game where every counselor talks like they're at a 19th century dinner party and the help has revolted

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

You're an edgy fourteen teen year old, he can handle them but you're annoying

*swirls his 2009 malbec while pontificating*

"Yes, I'll double down on the fourteen year old insult"

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

nice meltdown

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

nice meltdown

:discourse:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

It's a video game based on a movie series about sex and murder. It's specifically made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I'm actually surprised that I've only played one round with people who were really racist and was bothered more by the fact that they were shouting the same unfunny line every 10 seconds for the entire round than by their opinions.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
faaaaaaaaaaaart

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Snatch Duster posted:

Haha, you're getting mad. Triggered snatchy.

Edit: what the hell is a malbec, you angry troll

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrNutt posted:

I realize it makes me sound naive, but like I said, it's been awhile since I've played online games with people that are not self-selected groups (like goon Destiny groups). My skin's pretty thick but it's annoying and unfunny and makes the game less fun to play.

Also I did mute a couple people but the game kept unmuting them. Super helpful.

That's encouraging at least. I've definitely been mute a bunch but that's because I'd rather not interact with a bunch of unfunny racist douchebags. I generally talk when there's something useful to communicate.

It's a shame because a lot of the community seems to be spill-over from Dead by Daylight which is toxic as all poo poo. And as evidenced by this last page, some goons don't seem to be any better.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
tbh the initial complaint would have more bite if it didn't come from someone with a Mass Effect "this character is autistic lol" avatar.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The red text makes me think someone else might have bought it for him.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

s.i.r.e. posted:

The red text makes me think someone else might have bought it for him.

DrNutt posted:

It's been awhile since I've had an ME related avatar and I love a good self own, anyone mind if I take this?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I saved the day as LaChappa tonight. The car was started and became the usual clusterfuck. As I floated in, I spotted the fuse sitting right next to the driver's seat, so I grabbed it and took a lucky guess on where the phone was, repairing it almost instantly while Jason was distracted chasing everybody else. I got a ~3:30 police timer with the perk, then me and an Adam made our way to the south side of the map, hid for a bit while the timer ran down, and escaped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedMagnificentTapirNononoCat

• Locked thread