Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
if they were given out too often for free, they wouldn't be so valuable. Kinda like healthcare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bholder posted:

Well that's all sounds great and complete bullshit.

That is not a real sentence. Please try again.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lemming posted:

Yeah, it was not only a death trap,

Are you trying to be hyperbolic and unreasonable or is this the only way you can communicate

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
*in the smuggest, most underbite voice possible*

"ActuallY, I think you'll find it's the opposing party that is full of incompetent butt fuckers" :smug:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

"Look Debbie Wasserman Schultz, they're right outside our yard."

"Quick Debbie Wasserman Schultz, go call the convention guards."

"No, wait!
We need a more permanent solution to our problem."

"What then to do about Senator Sanders?
Miracle wonderman, hero of fools."

"No riots, no army, no fighting, some slogans."

"One thing I'll say for him -- Bernie is cool."

"We dare not leave him to his own devices.
His half-witted fans will get out of control."

"But how can we stop him?
His glamour increases
By leaps every moment; he's top of the poll."

"I see bad things arising.
The base crown him Prez; which the donors would ban.
I see blood and destruction,
Our elimination because of one man.
Blood and destruction because of one man."

"Because, because, because of one man."

"Our elimination because of one man."

"Because, because, because of one, 'cause of one, 'cause of one man."

Was this written to Jesus Christ Superstar?!?!? :gethill: :aaa:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

there would no strings attached

there would be ropes attached to the necks of the rich though!!!

whoa hosed up

http://www.wikihow.com/Tie-a-Hangmans-Noose

Educate yourself for the coming revolution comrade, the page even has a link to the suicide hotline for when the DNC again takes catastrophic losses in 2020 and the midterms!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
2020 and the midterms would be a p good band name

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Hey, did any of you cash in on Madonna's offer to vote for Hillary? How was it?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

America: gently caress YEA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dTG1_x-K8

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
please do not desecrate this sacred place friend tei

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

Both parties turned against the TPP.

lol no. Hillary was "against the TPP" in the same way Obama was going to close guantanimo Bay.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

T.S. Smelliot posted:

please do not desecrate this sacred place friend tei

Technically Anime is just a side effect of the Japan culture tryiing to understand the Capitalism/Consumism of Americana culture.

After watching and examining mass consumation and pop culture, they created SuperFlat. A new Pop culture syndrome where everything is cute / flat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superflat

So basically Anime is 50% america.

Anime is American reflected in a oriental, sintoist, japanese mirror.

I am not a expert, so this is probably wrong,

Author: Murakami

Author: Deep Dream Algorithm

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 20, 2017

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

fruit on the bottom posted:

"Look Debbie Wasserman Schultz, they're right outside our yard."

"Quick Debbie Wasserman Schultz, go call the convention guards."

"No, wait!
We need a more permanent solution to our problem."

"What then to do about Senator Sanders?
Miracle wonderman, hero of fools."

"No riots, no army, no fighting, some slogans."

"One thing I'll say for him -- Bernie is cool."

"We dare not leave him to his own devices.
His half-witted fans will get out of control."

"But how can we stop him?
His glamour increases
By leaps every moment; he's top of the poll."

"I see bad things arising.
The base crown him Prez; which the donors would ban.
I see blood and destruction,
Our elimination because of one man.
Blood and destruction because of one man."

"Because, because, because of one man."

"Our elimination because of one man."

"Because, because, because of one, 'cause of one, 'cause of one man."
Up next, "I Don't Know How to Love Him" sung by The American Voter

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Lemming posted:

Actually, it makes liberals mad, which is my only evaluation metric, so it's good.

lol awesome username/post my dude :thumbsup:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
goddamn, now Oxballs too

it's a silent majority holocaust

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
They should march this whole thread to the gas chamber

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Lowtax posted:

However, since I had been detached from the forums for so long, I was able to view them from an outsider's perspective. I saw far too many people punished for "wrongthink" or contesting a mod's opinion. Freedom of speech seemed to be clamped between vice grips, and folks were living in fear of accidentally posting an opinion or word a mod may not agree with, causing them to be banned. These are not good things, and I believe they led to the decline of quality content from you all, like Photoshops or stories or whatever, because it's difficult to be funny when you're worried it might arbitrarily be labeled offensive or racist and bam, you're out ten bux.

So now that I'm back and have no plans of leaving, it will be my mission to change the overall attitude mods have towards the users. I want this to be a fun place where people can joke and create poo poo without worrying about getting banned or punished.
Remember that? Good times. The bold is the best part. He was back for like a week.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

They should march this whole thread to the gas chamber

please don't celebrate nazi things itt tia

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

grrarg posted:

Remember that? Good times. The bold is the best part. He was back for like a week.

Can you honestly blame him?

The Hillary Clinton toxx evasion attempts were a gigantic headache. It would be an absolute nightmare if Lowtax were to police every politically-motivated mod decision, he'd be here in GBS all day.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Posters with Trump avatars commit higher rates of trolling and bad posting, or are there more wrongful probations and bans of Trump avatars?

They appear to get hit for posts made outside of this thread, so, y'know... stay put. This is a safe place of warmth and healing.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I think you'll find that our rates of probations are actually in line with our overall population and if you think otherwise maybe you're a postist

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

VikingSkull posted:

I think you'll find that our rates of probations are actually in line with our overall population and if you think otherwise maybe you're a postist

I think you'll find that mods typically impose sentences disproportionate to the severity of the offense on Trump av defendants.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Tallgeese posted:

Can you honestly blame him?

The Hillary Clinton toxx evasion attempts were a gigantic headache. It would be an absolute nightmare if Lowtax were to police every politically-motivated mod decision, he'd be here in GBS all day.
No. I just find it funny when stuff like that happens then he wonders why the site isn't making money. One would think he would tell mods to stay out of political threads because it is bad for business. People don't rage buy new avatars for people serving 30 day probations.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

I think you'll find that mods typically impose sentences disproportionate to the severity of the offense on Trump av defendants.
I get a week for pointing out that the weird sexualisation of almost everything they talk about and the gleeful minimization of the harming of a small child is extremely creepy and reminiscent of the pedophiles I used to catch.

The current mods are a self avowed "journalist", a silicone valley computer janitor and an old school teacher from a hyper-racist prison colony. Accusations these people might be biased? :allears:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
genesplicer seems to be on a tear

i'm guessing a full adult diapey is making him cranky

just put on a clean one bro!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
lol @ the egbert souse probe

:krust:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

Literally kill all republicans mods in the street with knives

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

rezatahs posted:

genesplicer seems to be on a tear

i'm guessing a full adult diapey is making him cranky

just put on a clean one bro!

I dunno what lit a fire under his butt, but dang that guy doesn't like jokes

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:munch:

Maybe this'll become the good Trump thread yet

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That would be a downgrade from being the best Trump thread though.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FisheyStix posted:

I dunno what lit a fire under his butt, but dang that guy doesn't like jokes

it's classic mod syndrome really, mod gets all huffy that someone finds something funny they don't personally, or disagrees with them and they become increasingly unhinged until a full blown meltdown happens and they bleed out. The most virulent strain to surface to date was the ralp strand, but franco vis a vis the doobie thread also was p bad

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It takes a steady hand to navigate the turbulent waters of the sea of geebus.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Trump thread: I dunno, the gibbis mods are kinda cool

~~*hours later*~~

"Hold my beer"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I get a week for pointing out that the weird sexualisation of almost everything they talk about and the gleeful minimization of the harming of a small child is extremely creepy and reminiscent of the pedophiles I used to catch.

The current mods are a self avowed "journalist", a silicone valley computer janitor and an old school teacher from a hyper-racist prison colony. Accusations these people might be biased? :allears:

keep tryin' to get people to forget you hosed that goat. I don't remember, are you just being contrarian or are you an actual in-the-flesh trump voter, b/c I have to think about trump's miss teen USA antics and praise of jeffrey epstein in order to achieve an erection

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

T.S. Smelliot posted:

If a prob could easily have been avoided by not randomly accusing other posters of being pedophiles, it probably isn't a great example of mod bias against you.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I didn't know ADTRW had mod problems.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

T.S. Smelliot posted:

it's classic mod syndrome really, mod gets all huffy that someone finds something funny they don't personally, or disagrees with them and they become increasingly unhinged until a full blown meltdown happens and they bleed out. The most virulent strain to surface to date was the ralp strand, but franco vis a vis the doobie thread also was p bad

Honestly I don't know if it's your gimmick to care this much about mods, or what, but... Who loving CARES, dude? You are a creepy, weird fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Did I miss a mod meltdown

• Locked thread