Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gonna stop even doing dailies for these banners. They suck.

But they're wearing bathing suits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BDawg posted:

So, we're not getting 6* WoL or Rikku this month? Nice.

FFX is the 29th. No idea about WOL.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Didn't one of the debs say in a video wol 6 wad definitely coming in june?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Devs lied my team died

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

At least a week into the current grind fest event they're deigning to give you a chance at reducing the grind for the second half if a friend can carry you through Maxwell.

They couldn't have done it at the beginning though because

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heads up. Gronoa part 2 starts on Thursday but 1/2 cost NRG for story missions doesn't start till Friday. Don't get :gumi:-ed...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Ubiquitus posted:

Wha? time of day?

yeah it's worth trying as anytime i pull first thing in the morning i tend to get the same 3*s while good pulls have come at various other times like a few hours later

it's the same thing with getting higher rates on previous banner units in the current banner, random in this game isn't really

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Nuebot posted:

TM farm. I seem to get hundreds of the drat things from earth shrine.

Thanks for this! It was very helpful advice.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Cartoon Man posted:

Heads up. Gronoa part 2 starts on Thursday but 1/2 cost NRG for story missions doesn't start till Friday. Don't get :gumi:-ed...

I'll probably just use the half story mission nrg thing as an excuse to grind the everliving gently caress out of Alluring Winds. Too bad it's not just half nrg use period.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

Most RNG seeds use the time() as part of their calculation. It's still RNG gonna RNG, so it won't actually help.

Does anyone have a BiS (or near) Enhanced Elza yet? I wanna nab the two Echidna summon tickets without hassle. :(

Cry Havoc posted:

yeah it's worth trying as anytime i pull first thing in the morning i tend to get the same 3*s while good pulls have come at various other times like a few hours later

it's the same thing with getting higher rates on previous banner units in the current banner, random in this game isn't really

This is really really really dumb.I almost wrote a long rant post about it before stopping myself.

With a host of seed points for an algorithm they decided on time of day? Fjeowofnfodjcopwn

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

This is really really really dumb.I almost wrote a long rant post about it before stopping myself.

With a host of seed points for an algorithm they decided on time of day? Fjeowofnfodjcopwn

I mean there's literally zero evidence it works that way, the RNG is simply a fickle mistress

Please don't believe random things on the internet so easily

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Most RNG seeds use the time() as part of their calculation. It's still RNG gonna RNG, so it won't actually help.

Does anyone have a BiS (or near) Enhanced Elza yet? I wanna nab the two Echidna summon tickets without hassle. :(

No, but I used this video from the wiki, it uses Bartz, Cecil, Ling, Yshtola and a friend Olive. The video description has their loadouts.

It went about as smoothly as the video.

I could put up my Ling if you don't have one, all the Olive (which I don't have) is there for is her True Shot, she could be replaced with Setzer or somebody else, maybe Firion. Someone with a good single target attack that ignores defenses.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Banner looks like trash, a bunch of mediocre story characters but now with some water resistance and a low chance to charm an enemy for one turn. I think Halloween Lid is better than Summer Lid given how Hex Strike worked out.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Oh boy, summer units. Sigh. And it's probably replacing BF for dailies, so my chances to get Tilith drop even more.

:same: :shepicide:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finally remembered to burn my raid tokens:

1, almost 2 more Y'shtola TMs
3 Minfilia TMs
3 Yda TMs
5 Papalymo TMs
Many Thancred TMs.

Ended up at 1579/325 units. Trying to level anything I might ever want to level even for gimmick setups. So.Many.Units. :v:

Not pulling on the summer banner. I just want Tilith. :(

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ubiquitus posted:

I didn't mean that as a fact, I meant that a large amount of computer generated random numbers in general use time() as a seed, because it's a highly volatile variable. It's just a seed though, your time of day really won't make a difference after the computer's done with the generation algorithms.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, but I used this video from the wiki, it uses Bartz, Cecil, Ling, Yshtola and a friend Olive. The video description has their loadouts.

It went about as smoothly as the video.

I could put up my Ling if you don't have one, all the Olive (which I don't have) is there for is her True Shot, she could be replaced with Setzer or somebody else, maybe Firion. Someone with a good single target attack that ignores defenses.

Meh, I just wanted to be lazy about it. And no, I don't have Olive or Ling. Or Setzer.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

So, uh, I pulled Tilith on my half-off pull. What's the best way to equip her again?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm open to thread title suggestions for the new thread, which I will post on the 28th. Best I can come up with is...

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Featuring Classic FF Character Ariana Grande

Alternately I was considering a title that was informative based on the Anniversary.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - 1 Year Anniversary; Good Time for New Players!

Skyridge posted:

So, uh, I pulled Tilith on my half-off pull. What's the best way to equip her again?

Equip Staff and SPR boosting gear, though personally I'd consider slapping some HP+% on her as well. If you have Wilhelm then his TM shield and equip H shield is probably the way to go.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 20, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Featuring Summertime Sabin and Beach Body Barret

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

For Tilith MP boosting gear and MP regen is good since her abilities are pretty costly (45MP for her AoE full cure, 70 MP for her AoE Full Life, her base MP is 185 + 65 from pots so she really needs some work there) so sustainability is good. After that anything that gives her staying power. DEF for physical attacks, SPI for magic attacks, HP for both. Equip Staff from Roselia and Staff of Wrath for +20 DEF and +40 SPI is good but requires getting said Equip Staff TM. Equip L/H Shield and a good shield help too. She doesn't have any innate status immunity either so keep that in mind too. Her AoE status heal doesn't help if she's the one petrified!

FF Brave Exvius: Pull Rates for Original the Character Do Not Steal Banana Hammock Edition are Up!

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 20, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Meh, I just wanted to be lazy about it. And no, I don't have Olive or Ling. Or Setzer.

Well, I can put my Ling up if you change your mind later.

The strategy in that video will take Echidna down in about 10 minutes, and is fairly safe.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

You people and your terrible name ideas when all you need is the screenshot of the summer banner below Final Fantasy: Brave Sexvius

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Brave Exvius: Hot Fina on Fina Action

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Reminder: Titan banner goes away with maintenance tomorrow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Brave Exvius: Hot Fina on Fina Action

You know, seeing that CG cutscene made me realize that Fina is using a very white mage inspired outfit and that dark fina, although not using something blackmagey, is still a black mage. Then Maiden of the White Lotus Fina is a merger of both and is using a red mage like outfit.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

jetz0r posted:

On a related note, I was cleaning up my inventory and found out I had 10k fish I had forgotten to use. Dammit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I didn't want to evolve stuff like my 2nd Setzer or extra Agrias dupes for future DR spam, but even after finding everything I'd want to level I still had over 150 king metaltaurs left. After selling to get down under my unit cap (now 375) I still have 86 of them, so the next several units I get that I want to take to 6* and max level will already have all the XP waiting for it.

I'm down under 70 Calamity Gems though, and under 60 sacred/holy crystals each for the first time in god knows how long.

jetz0r posted:

I had 537k raid coins. Needless to say I'd have been a bit upset had I forgotten to spend them.

I double checked, got 15 Thancred TMs this time. Currently sitting at 27 of his TMs. :v:

Also:

:siren: The Gathering Ends with the upcoming maintenance on the 22nd too (late tomorrow night) and needs a lot of NRG to clear from start to finish so anyone who's been procrastinating should run what they can. :siren:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 20, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Final fantasy brave exvius: me and my dark clone at the beach

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You know, seeing that CG cutscene made me realize that Fina is using a very white mage inspired outfit and that dark fina, although not using something blackmagey, is still a black mage. Then Maiden of the White Lotus Fina is a merger of both and is using a red mage like outfit.
I think its supposed to be based on the ff3 sage class , which is basically redmage 2.0 anyway

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Here are a bunch of titles for the new topic. I have bolded my favorites.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global:

You Should Have Rerolled
Magical Beach Summer Fun Get
Bediled Again
Shadowned
Just Use Three Orlandeus
Ultros Boogie
Pray For The Best, Expect The Worst
You're Gonna Need Those Excalipoors Later
Just Use Ling
Four Fina Challenge
The Story Ends When The Money Drys Up
iOS Switch Control: A Tutorial
Did The Latest Update Break Nox For You Too?
Did The Latest Update Break Memu For You Too?
Are There Stairs In Your Crystal?
There's A Story Mode?
There's a Colosseum Mode?
Waiting for Rikku
Just Wait Till Rikku Comes Out
One Day There Will Be 6* Warriors Of Light
Half Price Pull Errday
Don't Half Price Pull, Just 10+1 Pull
Slaves To The Gacha
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE RNG SEED IS
BASED UPON TIME OF DAY?!?

Hey, Look Who I Got Today!
Last Week's Banner Character, Off-Banner
A Sea of Bediles
Let Me Tell You Why 5*-Max Characters Are Worthless
Macros Saga

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global: Don't pull on this banner, a better one is coming in a few months

Edit: what was that "bone" line from Rain? Was trying to look it up for 20 min to no avail.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 20, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just Use Three Orlandeus

:shepface: way ahead of you.

Palleon posted:

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global: Don't pull on this banner, a better one is coming in a few months
"Cloud's on the way"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CyberLord XP posted:

Didn't one of the debs say in a video wol 6 wad definitely coming in june?

but did they specify 2017? cant be mad at the devs release schedule if they dont specify year of release

FFBE: I Cleared it No Problem, First Feint Step with Your Ling

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Palleon posted:

Edit: what was that "bone" line from Rain? Was trying to look it up for 20 min to no avail.

I believe it was "Don't you worry about my bone!" Or something to that effect.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I always took the "time of day" pull suggestion of "you seem to be in a rut, try something different."

The equivalent of jerking off using the fabled "The Stranger" method. Realistically it's the "same"...but "different."

That's probably too long for a thread title.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

rabidsquid posted:

but did they specify 2017? cant be mad at the devs release schedule if they dont specify year of release

FFBE: I Cleared it No Problem, First Feint Step with Your Ling

:smithicide:

hagie posted:

I always took the "time of day" pull suggestion of "you seem to be in a rut, try something different."

The equivalent of jerking off using the fabled "The Stranger" method. Realistically it's the "same"...but "different."

That's probably too long for a thread title.

FFBE: Like The Stranger but different

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

i havent had any metal gods in 2 days when they use to pop up like every two pros

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ugh, loving hell. Whiffed the esper kill on Arachne. I wanted that moogle. :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I haven't seen any real slow down in them. Got a 3 group this morning, and a 2 group just now. Looking forward to seeing how much I get with my own Maxwell.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

i havent had any metal gods in 2 days when they use to pop up like every two pros

They stopped showing up for me yesterday. Thankfully I've grabbed everything I was wanting from the Mog King. It would be nice to get a few more and grab one of the purecrysts.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Bubba Fuzz posted:

I believe it was "Don't you worry about my bone!" Or something to that effect.

That's exactly it!

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Global: Don't You Worry About My Bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
"Don't worry, next week it will be a different meta"

"You do know you never catch the dragon right?"

• Locked thread