Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol @ full sail

That place put my old friend in paralyzing debt in return for nothing of substance or utility

They voted Trump because lol crooked Hillary now I guess posts #resist

The signs are obvious, and I'm pretty sure its an alt-righter breeding ground there because the environment is just goldilocks for it.

Full Sail is ludicrously expensive ya so its ideal for the rich parents to send their slacker gamer pepe son to make something out of their lives but don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If those poor people wanted houses they should have voted.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

they really need a "win" for trump and themselves, and killing millions of people will absolutely do that for them
what i find particularly special about it is that a second literal holocaust would actually score more points for them than this would currently

good thing modern fascists are varying degrees of incompetent

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/877576184212496384

ohhhh terror attacks in Trump's USA

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/daveweigel/status/877574263196307457

I like salty twitter Joementum

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Serf
May 5, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

i bought the tickets and am excited to see the show because i like it????

what up fellow night vale fan. what's it like to have good taste and be cool

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Have you ever considered that maybe cops have a really tough job and we should empathize with them?

/s

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's really silly and surprisingly politically dumb for the Republicans to try to pass the AHCA and seize ownership of the healthcare disaster instead of just quietly starving the beast

Like I said earlier, the AHCA will pass, and there is going to be an enormous backlash against the Republicans because of it. If they had just drained ACA of funding then they would have gotten the same results and 1/10ths the backlash

Trump literally told them this

repeatedly

I hope after all this, he vetoes it the day before the recess, and Congress implodes with rage and confusion...but he won't. He gonna sign that sucker so he can have a "win", which makes no sense imo but that's TRUMP!!!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's really silly and surprisingly politically dumb for the Republicans to try to pass the AHCA and seize ownership of the healthcare disaster instead of just quietly starving the beast

Like I said earlier, the AHCA will pass, and there is going to be an enormous backlash against the Republicans because of it. If they had just drained ACA of funding then they would have gotten the same results and 1/10ths the backlash

All of this depends on whether anything matters or not. I thought maybe we were due for some mattering, but after democrats couldn't pick up even 1 out of 4 special elections running against the most unpopular president of our lives...well maybe the mattering is much farther out than we thought.

I'm not convinced that something so insignificant as literally killing off their voters will cause republicans to lose any support.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

gamers who live with their old rich parents that go to Full Sail too

the most famous graduate from full sail is JD Harmeyer, a character on the howard stern show most famous for being unable to speak. his job is to watch tv and pull audio clips. he also used to pay to watch a camgirl named kissyfur do stuff with a dog.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
suspicious!

i know who i'm voting for

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Serf
May 5, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what i find particularly special about it is that a second literal holocaust would actually score more points for them than this would currently

good thing modern fascists are varying degrees of incompetent

and yet that incompetence is prolly gonna kill more people than the first holocaust

america is all about bigger and better after all

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Elephanthead posted:

If those poor people wanted houses they should have voted.

i wrote in avocado toast/new iphone each of the last 8 elections

Serf
May 5, 2011

pogrom incoming

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

and yet that incompetence is prolly gonna kill more people than the first holocaust

its not genocide if its a whoopsies~

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BUSH 2112 posted:

i was actually super sad when they changed plaguelands in wow. it was one of the most disturbing things that i've ever experienced in any kind of media, and they really understood how to amp up the feeling that you were in an incredibly dangerous place where you really shouldn't be.

same but the barrons

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It's fascinating how self sabotaging capitalism can be while still staying afloat. Let's replace all the workers with machines and pay the remainder so little they need food stamps to survive. I wonder why no one has the money to shop at our stores.

This is what I don't get about the illegal immigrant argument. Do Republicans just not realize that while those immigrants don't pay income tax, they still pump a shitload of money into the economy and the government through regular sales taxes.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Serf posted:

what up fellow night vale fan. what's it like to have good taste and be cool

i don't know, feels kind of the same as the opposite tbh

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Have you ever considered that maybe cops have a really tough job and we should empathize with them?
/s

They probably thought tasering a fetus would make them look bad.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Serf posted:

there is a definite myth that this is how obamacare got passed lol

It's almost like the entire republican party is detached from reality and the rest of the country/world have to pay the consequences!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

Lastgirl posted:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

TMMadman posted:

This is what I don't get about the illegal immigrant argument. Do Republicans just not realize that while those immigrants don't pay income tax, they still pump a shitload of money into the economy and the government through regular sales taxes.

yeah but the moochers i made up tho

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

i wanna hear more about the ice camps where they're taking the deportees cause i feel like maybe that second holocaust is happening and we're too fuckin dumb to notice

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Nastier Nate posted:

All of this depends on whether anything matters or not. I thought maybe we were due for some mattering, but after democrats couldn't pick up even 1 out of 4 special elections running against the most unpopular president of our lives...well maybe the mattering is much farther out than we thought.

I'm not convinced that something so insignificant as literally killing off their voters will cause republicans to lose any support.

Ehh I'm less bothered by the special election losses than some people are

All these special elections were in deeply Republican districts, because Trump's handlers deliberately had him pick candidates from safe districts to avoid losing seats in Congress

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

cumshitter posted:

the most famous graduate from full sail is JD Harmeyer, a character on the howard stern show most famous for being unable to speak. his job is to watch tv and pull audio clips. he also used to pay to watch a camgirl named kissyfur do stuff with a dog.

the chance that someone is a creepy smoothbrain is directly proportional to the number of icons on their desktop, in my experience.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

The signs are obvious, and I'm pretty sure its an alt-righter breeding ground there because the environment is just goldilocks for it.

Full Sail is ludicrously expensive ya so its ideal for the rich parents to send their slacker gamer pepe son to make something out of their lives but don't

not rich or right wing...just bad sense and always falling into bad ideas

tried to warn to stay and go to CC/state to study music production or whatever it was but got nowhere cause they had stars in there eyes*

then the economy went tits up...glad I listened to my own advice

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TMMadman posted:

yeah the republicans you describe who realize illegals make them money are from the 00s

we're in the 10s now, ponyboy

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

The Nastier Nate posted:

Actually we love being killed off

when one of us gets killed off, it gets blamed by our families and friends on MUSLIMS and COMMIES, and two more of us spring up

So that won't work either!

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

buddy, there ain't no fuckin mattering, and we're the better for it

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

TMMadman posted:

have you considered that brown people are why my wife is cheating on me?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

The Nastier Nate posted:

They probably thought tasering a fetus would make them look bad.

Mircrowaved Womb Baby

TRUMP

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ehh I'm less bothered by the special election losses than some people are

All these special elections were in deeply Republican districts, because Trump's handlers deliberately had him pick candidates from safe districts to avoid losing seats in Congress

barely losing is a good look, i agree

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

BUSH 2112 posted:

the chance that someone is a creepy smoothbrain is directly proportional to the number of icons on their desktop, in my experience.

*begins to sweat*

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Sexual Lorax posted:

i need a break from all this winning

i mean im pretty much surrounded by decent people in my everyday life coworkers are fine familys tight friends make me laugh

its not a bubble or an illusion my real life is not make believe so where does all this evil come from

im having a legitimate unironic why cant we all just get along crisis here its not milk drinking cay crew bullshit this is trying to reconcile two discrete events of my last 24 hours

the first is taking my lily white caucasian cracker rear end teenage son to his favorite barbershop in madison wisconsin a city much like milwaukee that tries to hide its minority population like its something to be ashamed of but my boy likes going to a straight up black barbershop and i approve so thats where we went

we were the only white folk in there and it was cool one barber finished up and pointed his clippers at me all youre up and i was all no thanks just here with my boy then a short pause looked at myself in the mirror and admitted that yeah im shaggy as hell and desperately need a haircut and we laughed about it

the second is that four year old girl thinking she needed to calm her mom down to keep her alive because cops with guns were around

dear united states and turnip thread i could really use some good news about right now

same

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

gamers who live with their old rich parents that go to Full Sail too

I definitely trust a university that heavily advertises in video game magazines

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TMMadman posted:

this is dependent on Republicans being aware of facts and objective reality instead of insane propaganda, which I don't think you considered

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

i wanna hear more about the ice camps where they're taking the deportees cause i feel like maybe that second holocaust is happening and we're too fuckin dumb to notice
also nobody else in the world actually cares about america enough to brave investigating it or have skeletons in the closet of their own (can't wait for germany to go from simply deporting russian immigrants constantly to putting them in black sites to be tortured when their deep state gets going after a few years)

it's like a national-scale version of stalin dying in his bed of a heart attack and everyone too scared to bother him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

not rich or right wing...just bad sense and always falling into bad ideas

tried to warn to stay and go to CC/state to study music production or whatever it was but got nowhere cause they had stars in there eyes*

then the economy went tits up...glad I listened to my other advice

my buddy did this. already had like 40k in student loans, then went to full sail for a masters degree in like video game writing or some bullshit and piled on another 30k

now he works four jobs and can't even get married

• Locked thread