Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjRsIVlJ0pw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Falken posted:

330 P4s make me feel things I don't even feel for my fiancee.

I got to watch a replica hoon around a track a few years ago, even that was pretty sweet. Mostly because I'll never ever get to see a real one on a track.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Early dynos are putting the Type R at 295-300 hp at the wheels. :black101:

Eh, the new Camry makes 301 with the V6. Not at the wheels, maybe, but having torque means it will drag the Type R and win from time to time.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Finger Prince posted:

And first time ever a lower category has lead the race overall at one point during the race until Porsche caught up.

It wasn't. A lower category car won the race in 1994 (Dauer 962 LM), 1995 (McLaren F1), and 1998 (Porsche 911 GT1).

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

drgitlin posted:

It wasn't. A lower category car won the race in 1994 (Dauer 962 LM), 1995 (McLaren F1), and 1998 (Porsche 911 GT1).

Must have have been "since x year" or something. Just something the WEC feed commentators said. Them having been awake all night might have contributed.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
First time LMP2 has been on the podium I think though?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Eh, the new Camry makes 301 with the V6. Not at the wheels, maybe, but having torque means it will drag the Type R and win from time to time.

:ughh:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sheesh, it's like they styled it with a weed whacker in the hands of a 13 year old.

It makes the Civic look halfway decent

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Why of all stupid things has the reverse shark fin c-pillar style become a fad? It has never looked good. What are they even going for with it?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Windows that extend past the rear passengers, yet roll down into the doorframe more than 1/3?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fayez Butts posted:

Why of all stupid things has the reverse shark fin c-pillar style become a fad? It has never looked good. What are they even going for with it?

In profile, reminds me of a flying buttress on a targa car, or a raked roll hoop like on the Ferrari Sergio:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Sheesh, it's like they styled it with a weed whacker in the hands of a 13 year old.

It looks like a shoe

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Falken posted:

First time LMP2 has been on the podium I think though?

Indeed! Which makes it awesome none the less.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I too have the same gearbox in my Camry and my Type R.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Goober Peas posted:

you seem to have posted a photo of the Civic. :confused:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Fayez Butts posted:

That is like the least awful thing about that car. Not that it's good, just compared to that front end it barely even catches my eye. And to top it off with the front of the car being 90% black grille they had to stick the ugly front camera on the only painted bit?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

davebo posted:

And to top it off with the front of the car being 90% black grille they had to stick the ugly front camera on the only painted bit?

...why the gently caress is there a camera on the front? Are we seriously at a point where companies are building such big ugly sack of poo poo cars with crap visibility that we need to augment all vehicles with cameras front and back?

That's depressing as gently caress.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Lane assist, maybe?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

MrYenko posted:

Lane assist, maybe?

I assume so. If it has auto-braking that would use some kind of proximity sensors right, not a camera?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

MrYenko posted:

Lane assist, maybe?

Probably for some silly 'bird's eye' overhead shot to aid in parking or something like that. I see a little bump on the bottom of the mirror so that's probably a camera too.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Goober Peas posted:

It looks like a Lexus collided with a Pelican.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Probably for some silly 'bird's eye' overhead shot to aid in parking or something like that. I see a little bump on the bottom of the mirror so that's probably a camera too.

Yeah, when Nissan came out with their 360 camera system it made it a mandatory thing for other brands to have on their top models. Can't get left behind in the feature wars! Even if it's not all that useful of a feature for most cars

That said a front camera is a godsend on a car like a corvette or anything with a low front lip.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Goober Peas posted:

Also why is this posted in this thread?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Free Hunnert Horse Power V6!

It's also $36k lol.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

davebo posted:

And to top it off with the front of the car being 90% black grille they had to stick the ugly front camera on the only painted bit?

Looks like a pee-hole.

Who are the "yes men" that sign off on this stuff? This is the emperors new clothes all over. People afraid to say no because they will lose their job or something. This is how we ended up with iPhones that have camera bumps instead of being perfectly smooth backs! :argh:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Goober Peas posted:

Yes, what we need is more non-functional grilles and vents.
And what the hell is up with the thickens-towards-the-top A-pillar? That looks horrible.

spleen merchant posted:

It looks like a Lexus collided with a Pelican.

Not inaccurate.

edit:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Good point.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darchangel posted:

And what the hell is up with the thickens-towards-the-top A-pillar? That looks horrible.

They were worried that people can still see around existing A-pillars, and decided this was a good way to fix that.

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Refreshing. Thank you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Very palate cleansing.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Olympic Mathlete posted:

As mentioned, someone posted the awesomeness of the new 300hp FWD Camry. I thought that deserved a sanity check.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Camary up to 300hp, i wonder what they're going to do for the GT86

what?

what's that?

An appearance package?

oh

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

What's the curb weight on the new Camry though? The GT86 is still 2800lb isn't it?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

* Eurobeat Intensifies *

woah rudi is that you?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Powershift posted:

Camary up to 300hp, i wonder what they're going to do for the GT86

what?

what's that?

An appearance package?

oh

they've both got nothing on an f-150

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

McTinkerson posted:

What's the curb weight on the new Camry though? The GT86 is still 2800lb isn't it?

Whatever it is, the power to weight ratio still beats the 86.

Edit: for comparison, the 2017 V6 is 3480lbs

davebo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 23, 2017

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Solution is to put the new Camry engine sideways in the 86 twins. Everyone is happy (?)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Solution is to put the new Camry engine sideways in the 86 twins. Everyone is happy (?)
It might screw with their highly touted weight distribution, but I think that'd be awesome.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

razorscooter posted:

That's an odd variant of a mother in law seat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

razorscooter posted:

I'd daily it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Fifty Three posted:

It might screw with their highly touted weight distribution, but I think that'd be awesome.

Goon solution: eat pie until the weight distribution is good again.