Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm sorry. I cannot.

Cannot or wonnot?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Cannot or wonnot?
Either?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

chernobyl kinsman posted:

give it to me. give me forums cancer

Poz my neg account

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Poz my neg account

:yeah:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

From the respect women ironically thread:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I am homeless, I am gay, I have AIDS, and I'm new in town

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Chichevache posted:

Cannot or wonnot?

likely both because I think last time someone did it a bunch of poo poo broke

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I am a piece of poo poo, kindof dumb, and old as heck.

Yall watch out for the goatse crew

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Steve Yun posted:

Sometimes if you follow a discussion thread, there are these things called tangents, when an off-topic discussion occurs. It might be a frightening concept for some readers because it looks like the discussion they were following has disappeared from in front of their very eyes. Readers should not be concerned as tangents are usually harmless and temporary, and within a couple posts the original discussion will return. This concept may be particularly difficult to grasp for those who are still developing object permanence. Think of it like the commercial break that happens several times during your television programming; much like your original television program returning after a minute of commercials, discussion of the main topic will be back soon after a couple posts, no need to worry.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Tell it to Martin Short.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Discussing 190-proof booze.

thecluckmeme posted:

That is what we get, but it's Everclear brand here. Pro tip: don't use that poo poo as a mixer with normal alcohol, it is 2.5x stronger than generally accessible vodka.

If you touch that bottle (At a 750? Jesus Christ!) you boil a gallon of apple cider with brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and a whole apple cut in eighths. Add in nutmeg during this to your personal Apple pie taste. THEN pour in the bottle, once it cools, and that's Apple pie, jungle juice's nicer, deadlier cousin

You don't loving mix it with OJ, that poo poo is for homemade illegal cocktail premixes you sell to freshman at 80-proof for $15 a mason jar

Dienes posted:

Why add apple slices? To add that missing apple flavor to apple cider?

peengers posted:

Probably to add bulk volume and texture to the inevitable, soul searching hurl that's going to happen from drinking too much of that

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

My favorite tangents are in the funny forum quotes thread.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rahhmi posted:

So.. Butts was Banned.... and then promoted to Dear Leader... and then outed as a Furry (and a Grimrak furry at that!).

Then our good-buddy @gioTariz was banned and took on the mantle of Dear Leader....

...it's time to out him as a furry too.

< original picture
> Same Scandroid shirt with caption from his facebook
> Original Discord Posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GioSPL posted:

https://imgur.com/a/xx29m

You're amusing at times, annoying at others, but at this point including the rest of the conversation might have been more appropriate. At times I regret the day I encountered you.

However consider this, since you're tryharding to annoy me by showing that photo around, if it could piss me off would I have shared it with Discord in the first place?

Much to learn, you still have.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

For those who don't want to bother clicking through: this particular MMO slapfight is about Star Trek Online.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Specifically, two idiots who joined SA to join our largely idle goon fleet.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Star Trek Online is still running?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Collateral Damage posted:

Star Trek Online is still running?

If an MMO can survive its first year it will usually become immortal.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat
Pan galactic pedo interchange network

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From a discussion in the Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup thread about snapping turtles:

Johnny Joestar posted:

if an animal's name includes the thing it can do to harm you then you want to actively fear what it can do

Scaramouche posted:

Yah I learned that the hard way from the tickle bird.

Araganzar posted:

jesus, please don't post anything else that reminds me of my encounter with that buttfucking kangaroo

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Plutonis posted:

You missed out on getting your own freaky sex slave, you god drat dummy.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone remember a quote from a goon who experienced some mildly bad weather on a boat trip and start crying, and someone else wrote a story about him being in a zoo as the worlds biggest pussy?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat
My desire to know more about "Gor" just plummeted from 0 to NaN

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Crash_N_Burn posted:

TERRORISM SPROUTS IN BRUSSELS

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Does anyone remember a quote from a goon who experienced some mildly bad weather on a boat trip and start crying, and someone else wrote a story about him being in a zoo as the worlds biggest pussy?

yes! but unfortunately i can't find it

Gray
Nov 3, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Like, the actually worst thing one of my parents did is more abstract. Some people have a hard time conceptualizing clinical depression as a real thing.

But I do have a fun story.

Context: I live in Florida. I once got sent to one of those summer day camp programs, back when I was like, 10 or 11. This year's was "Environment Camp".

Already a bad sign. I'm really sensitive to stimuli, and the outdoors in general is hard for me to tolerate under anything but near-perfect conditions. My mom knows this, but it's the whole post-90s soccer mom extracirricular activity boom and I'm sent off.

Most of the time, the "camp" was sitting around on a bus being driven to a swampy hole in the ground, getting out for two hours in blazing heat, drenching rain, or quite possibly both, and riding the way back.

One of the days was more local. It was moderately cloudy, not that hot; perhaps not utterly soul-crushing by the end of the day. We rode around on a boat through the bay, a powered barge with only shoddy wood panels to separate us from the sky. We get out at the local park on one of the countless keys which dot the Floridian coast. It's getting grey and overcast.

When it gets pretty cloudy in the summer in Florida, rain is inevitable, and very probably soon. This is a thing that you learn with almost any life experience in Florida. The captain of the boat looks a bit unnerved, and suggests going back to the marina. This does not stand with the camp counselor, and we sail on to the next destination. By this point, we can't even go under the next drawbridge, because we will clearly get soaked before the next time it opens up, so we head back to the marina...

By now, though, there's lightning nearby, and a torrent of rain. We only get to shelter under a causeway after getting sprayed with the fine mist splashing off the sea. We now have to wait out the storm, on a boat whose length is barely covered by the bridge. And I am terrified of both loud noises and electricity.

I am curled up, crying in panic for nearly an hour before the storm finally clears enough for us to get back to land.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

a group of schoolchildren led by a guide are ambling through a zoo. the most spectacular exhibit is mere feet away, and excitement grows as they near the lion enclosure. "there he is," says the guide, with a sense of apparent wonder, "the biggest pussy on earth" as he motions towards jeremy, who is crying in a corner because he thought of dogs

Triticum Guzzler posted:

a craggy faced war veteran's eyes affix far beyond the horizon. beads of sweat form on his brow. his cry, cracked lips quiver wordlessly for nearly a minute as in stark silence he mentally replays the horror he witnessed uncountable times. "mom made me go outside," he croaks

Triticum Guzzler posted:

smithers recoiling in the corner but its at things like a leaf, a fine sea mist, the smell of cut grass, clouds, tennis balls

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Karate Bastard posted:

My desire to know more about "Gor" just plummeted from 0 to NaN

The only thing anyone should know about anything related to Gor is the MST3K episode.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FactsAreUseless posted:

We still can, because removing it would break things, due to Radium

Huh, Radium makes cancer worse...who'd have thought?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Regarding a clickbait article on 5 ways Conor McGregor might beat Floyd Mayweather

The Ninth Layer posted:

#6: Seismic activity can strike at any time.

We all know that Vegas is near enough to the San Andreas fault to where, if the Big One were ever to occur, surely some of the force of the aftershock would be felt as far away as Nevada. Now, Mayweather is renowned for his footwork and crafty movement, but supposing such an earthquake were to hit right as the fight was taking place. At that moment, who's to say Mayweather might not lose his footing, and fall face first into a Conor McGregor right hand? At that point it would be an early night for Mayweather. I'm not saying this event is likely, but it's certainly a factor to keep in mind for the fight, and one that any savvy bettor will take into account going into August 26th.

#7: McGregor's fans are very loud.

Consider the deafening roar of eighty million Irishmen in one room. What man, all-time-great boxer or not, wouldn't be intimidated and thrown off his mental game by such a ruckus? Everyone knows that 90% of outside boxing depends on having a stable balance, but that delicate balance could be thrown off by crowds of passionate McGregor fans assaulting Mayweather's inner ear. Conor McGregor, of course, is well used to the incredible din of his fans, and has even used it to great effect in his MMA career. They don't call him "Holy Noise God" for nothing. Speaking of...

#8: Floyd is a sinner who has divine retribution coming.

Let's face it: God exists. He's a wrathful God. And He does not appreciate men who abuse women, in any way shape or fashion. There can be no doubt in anyone's mind that Floyd Mayweather is on His naughty list, but if that's the case then why wait so long to provide holy punishment against the arrogant Floyd? The answer is simple: God is making sure Floyd Mayweather faces the biggest fall possible. After all, what could possibly be a worse fate than making a nine-figure payday in a fight you then go on to publicly lose? It would be the end of Floyd Mayweather's career and a truly unjust man would finally get the ending to his career he deserves. If you don't think God could do it, just remind yourself of the very real possibility of earthquakes.

#9: North Korea tensions at an all time high.

If you've been following Floyd Mayweather for several decades, as I have, then you already know how important of an issue global stability is to the boxing superstar. Floyd Mayweather infamously retired back in 2007 in protest of George W. Bush's mishandling of the Iraq War and destabilization of the Middle East. With North Korean tensions higher than they've ever been, it's unquestionable that Mayweather will go into the fight preoccupied and distracted. Conor McGregor meanwhile thrives on international conflict, and has even said numerous times that thinking about war makes him better at punching.

#10. McGregor could bring a gun.

Hear me out on this one. Yes, this fight is sanctioned according to boxing rules. Yes, McGregor will surely be checked several times over by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for any signs of an unfair competitive advantage. And yes, it would be terribly unsportsmanlike for McGregor to bring a loaded weapon to a sporting event. But, and this is some real talk here folks, this is a fight more than anything else, and in a fight you do whatever you need to do to win. Just last week a notable boxer won his fight with an illegal punch that was missed by the referee. McGregor would be well-advised to take lessons of that fight, and devise a game plan where he can get off an illegal bullet without the ref catching him.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

A bit after that post the guy who did that stupid Walk Across America posted about how he threw up from being forced to eat baked beans. :laffo:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

Folks... I know it's silly to expect anything at all from comment sections or Twitter mentions, but I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am that a bunch of folks in the mentions of this tweet

https://twitter.com/Gooseps/status/876565034629046275

are acting like the left meme is superior. That's ridiculous. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Here, these close readings of each meme will clearly show what's up:

Close Reading of Present-Day Meme, 65 Quadrillion Dollars

What at first looks like an amusing but straightforwardly silly jab at adolescent "would you do X for Y" games is actually an intensely relatable view into a depressed (or at least neuroatypical) mind. The core of the question is "Would you debase yourself to achieve security and comfort?", such that putting on a shirt and going to work in the morning can be understood as a form of taking a poo poo for 65 quadrillion dollars, but the perspective and proportions are all wrong. Depressive states are very effective at warping those kind of proportions, such that something so preposterously one-sided can appear momentarily as a real dilemma, or such that a more reasonable form of poo poo-for-quadrillion tradeoff (going to work, and so on) becomes impossibly daunting. The visual layout of the meme reinforces this idea of mirthful resignation to one's inability to make sense of the world - the word "poo poo" is threatening to swallow the surrounding text with its warping bubble of a shape, and the otherwise banal toilet is a morass of quality degradation, a carpet of spiders for one's rear end

Close Reading of Past Meme, Lost an Electron

Terrible

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
:chloe:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol thanks!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat

Forgall posted:

Lev. 18:22: "Stewie Griffin is totally gay".
Psalm 101:3: "In 1967 no one could imagine a gay baby".

His copy of the Bible sure is different.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Sagebrush posted:

I still don't understand what like 8/10 of the settings are

*looking at pile of laundry*
"Hmm...maybe it's half-mountain? Or broken tornado? Steamy envelope plus robot butt? gently caress it, I'll just set it to Shower In The Bath and hope for the best"

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Maybe it's a washing machine specifically for buddhists, and each cycle is represented by it's own zen symbol.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ohhhh, like the next level of existence from knits is underwear. That makes a lot of sense. Also since the last phase seems to be a twirly thing with holes in it, that means my NIN shirt from '95 is at the peak of laundry consciousness.

syscall girl posted:

I loving hate when I leave my change in my pants and there is a bunch of koans bouncing around in the dryer

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Jun 23, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

FuckenPunchOn posted:

Your name evokes images of a man who blasts Chisel out the windows of his VN Commodore whilst fanging mad doughies in a Bunnings carpark, but I see now that you're just a Hyundai Excel owning bitch boy who bops his head to Vengabus at medium volume on his weekend excursions to Gloria Jeans.

Brand Power probably does help you buy better, you pissweak gronk.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat
I don't know the meaning of any of those words.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Most of them are not words

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Are there any other signs of stroke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

Are there any other signs of stroke?

Looking at that thing I get the feeling that some some of the disconnect is because cars have different names in different countries.

Stephen King had a whole made up world (coming soon to a theater near you) that had different names for car brands and cola that just really hosed with your head.

Kinda like england really