Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Count Bleck posted:

Deploy turrets, use them as explosives after a bit...

Hmmm. Japanese devs?...Allegory for nuclear bomb. 999999999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Coughing Hobo posted:

So... the Warrior of Light is an atom bomb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMzCpy0fXc

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

excalibur character creation is open

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tsurupettan posted:

excalibur character creation is open

so it is

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Welcome to our humble server, Corn. May you be blessed with many cat ladies and buff ladies and any kind of lady your heart desires even potato ladies.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
thanks, friend.

i also made a buff dude in addition to the cat dude, but alas his name isn't particularly funny, so whatever.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
SAM at 70 is real good and fun

also trying to get WHM to 70, i'm enjoying it a lot now and it's pretty fun

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
WHM feels the most fun it's ever been, though soloing is still the same Stonespam it always was.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i'm on the fence about the stone 4 animation, i liked stone 3 more

what exactly does WHM shine in? Like in a raid environment why would you bring a WHM

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
like it seems like they're designed to dump big fat heals on people and then throw rocks at primals but i dont know why that would necessarily be preferable over anything else (or if it would be)

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

i'm on the fence about the stone 4 animation, i liked stone 3 more

It's called concrete block 1.

Why are people frustrated with Ibara?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

reading on reddit rn that fell cleave out of berserk is a dps loss, lmao

that's incredible but then again, even Xenosys Vex thinks war is lovely in 4.0 so I can actually believe this is somehow true. smdh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tanks who think they can still cross their tank stance off after getting an aggro lead are cute. Even in level 60 synced content, they're dropping aggro like it's hot thanks to E.Moulinet.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hey this game is good and fun and I am a cute ninja but comming off WoW into this is hard especially after Legion cut out so many trash skills so rotations and priority systems were more managable

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tanks who think they can still cross their tank stance off after getting an aggro lead are cute. Even in level 60 synced content, they're dropping aggro like it's hot thanks to E.Moulinet.

But you still can though? Really easily? Anybody who loses aggro with all the aggro control they gave us in stormblood is "not good at the game"

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Then again, so are dps and healers who do not use their "I do not want aggro anymore" button

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Velthice posted:

Then again, so are dps and healers who do not use their "I do not want aggro anymore" button

Hell, for healers it's even exactly the same as their "I'd really rather not run out of mana" button.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Velthice posted:

The Melee DPS "I do not want aggro anymore" button is competing with too many important skills for me. Although for non-MNK you probably don't care about Perfect North so they should have enough room for it.

(Before anyone asks, Second Wind, Invigorate, Goad, True North and Leg Sweep. I guess I COULD replace Leg Sweep, I don't use it that often, but eh)

Also it's not even "I do not want aggro anymore", it's more like "I wish to get less aggro for this specific 15 second window of time" which helps not at all for the other 105 seconds.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 24, 2017

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The more I play Summoner, the more I realize the problem why it's so boring. 3.0 SMN felt so fun to play because your rotation constantly shifted between two modes of play: dynamic and static. Most of the time you ran around, threw Ruin 2 at the mobs, applied DoTs, boosted your pets and used Aetherflow properly, but once you got all the Attunement stacks, you waited for the right spot and moment to deploy the cannons, so to speak.

With 4.0, the Ruin 4 proc, Lucid Dreaming and the need to build-up towards Bahamut-egi means that when you play properly, you just stand in place. All the time. Casting reskins of all the Ruins. Bahamut-egi is like some kind of joke - sure, it probably blows things up, maybe, but it feels more like a Gradius option than a summon. What's worse, it just reskins Deathflare.

I'll level Archer into Bard while I still have the gametime for it and maybe one other class, so that I have something fall back on once the free weekends arrive over the next two years.

Summoner's artifact armor is cool, though. The previous ones forced me to wear a crooked lollipop dong on my head, but this one is more subdued.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

The DPS "I do not want aggro anymore" button is competing with too many important skills for me. Although for non-MNK you probably don't care about Perfect North so they should have enough room for it.

(Before anyone asks, Second Wind, Invigorate, Goad, True North and Leg Sweep. I guess I COULD replace Leg Sweep, I don't use it that often, but eh)

Also it's not even "I do not want aggro anymore", it's more like "I wish to get less aggro for this specific 15 second window of time" which helps not at all for the other 105 seconds.

if you're in group content aggro management is way more important than second wind's lovely heal

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Can I do frontlines without accessories? I want to level new jobs, would be nice if I didn't have to fill all slots.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Shy posted:

Can I do frontlines without accessories? I want to level new jobs, would be nice if I didn't have to fill all slots.

Frontlines doesn't care about gear at all. Do it naked.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

That's what I thought, neat!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Brother Entropy posted:

if you're in group content aggro management is way more important than second wind's lovely heal

I keep second wind so I can heal papercuts on my own, or help myself mitigate possible mistakes I make. It's handy. 15 seconds of reduced aggro every 2 minutes just seems very pointless, and even without using it I haven't had many problems with tanks losing aggro. If it comes to the point where I find myself ripping aggro, I'll slot it in, but until then I'll keep my handy personal heal.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

I keep second wind so I can heal papercuts on my own, or help myself mitigate possible mistakes I make. It's handy. 15 seconds of reduced aggro every 2 minutes just seems very pointless, and even without using it I haven't had many problems with tanks losing aggro. If it comes to the point where I find myself ripping aggro, I'll slot it in, but until then I'll keep my handy personal heal.

papercuts don't need to be healed and it's not just a binary of 'has tank lost aggro', the more aggro you generate the more your tank potentially has to focus on being in their aggro generating stance and less in their dps stance

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Blattdorf posted:

The more I play Summoner, the more I realize the problem why it's so boring.

The changes to Scholar and Summoner are seriously depressing. With a lot of jobs they did well simplifying them while focusing on what makes them great. They were heavy handed with SCH&SMN, and it shows.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Count Bleck posted:

No see we were finally gonna have Man and Dragon Peace but then a pair of eyes got really mad and turned into a big angry dragon that was like gently caress PEOPLE GONNA GO TEAR UP ISHGARD.

Then it died and we continued as normal.came back as a different huge loving dragon that you will again fight for all of an expansion

SettingSun posted:

Basically if people aren't dead, the healer is doing their job fine. With the changes to Cleric Stance healers have even fewer excuses to not DPS.

Sitting at 10% of my max health when I'm not sure when the next tankbuster is going to land does make me a wee bit nervous. The amount of nervous depends on how consistently the healer has been at catching the big hits.

Unless I know the healer fairly well this forces me to use my cooldowns more aggressively than I might otherwise do.

:barf:

Skanker posted:

I'm not gonna jerk off and say I'm a good healer but I've raided and I know AST in and out. Something is wrong and I know it. I just can't speed run a warrior going ham anymore and it is deeply upsetting.

WAR feels so squishy now that I feel like I have to mark priority targets in trash pulls like I haven't really needed since sub l50

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, that's pretty hilarious.

The ideal solution to the missing Flash problem would be to give Overpower the area and animation of Devastation and then remove Inner Beast and the current Devastation entirely, and then just give Steel Cyclone and Fell Cleave different effects depending on stance, just like Equilibrium has different effects depending on stance.

This would also mean you have your Deliverance finishers from 52 onwards instead of getting them parcelled out over 52-60, so it'll never happen.

I'd rather they turn the aoe provoke role action into flash, or just give war some thematically appropriate job action that does the same thing

Call it angry shout or something

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

reading on reddit rn that fell cleave out of berserk is a dps loss, lmao

Unless you are not within 80% ish of full health I think this is prob true

Infinity Gaia posted:

The Melee DPS "I do not want aggro anymore" button is competing with too many important skills for me. Although for non-MNK you probably don't care about Perfect North so they should have enough room for it.

It might work real good for that window where you can use EM

:eng101:

Brother Entropy posted:

papercuts don't need to be healed and it's not just a binary of 'has tank lost aggro', the more aggro you generate the more your tank potentially has to focus on being in their aggro generating stance and less in their dps stance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

As a DPS, you don't lose any performance whether you're at full HP or not, your HP total doesn't matter until the point when you are dead. Second Wind is for soloing and, in group content, much, much more pointless than "just" 15 seconds of reduced aggro generation. You're not even saving the healer a GCD, most healers won't waste mp healing a light injury anyway because it literally doesn't matter.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I try pretty hard to help with aggro management and being a NIN helps, but it's still not easy. I can throw up Shadewalker as soon as it's off cooldown every time, but I can't Smoke Bomb myself. So when it's actually on cooldown, I'm kinda buggered. Sure I'll smoke the other DPS (if they're actually threatening the tank) but that's about it. I suppose I could dump True Hit during dungeons?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I thought that aggro was basically a number that grows and grows during a fight, and that the meters scale such that whoever has the highest threat=a full meter and everyone else's meter scales relative to that person's "high score". So reducing enmity generation as a DPS for 15 seconds let's the tank build up that much bigger of a lead. Am I totally off with that understanding?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is it wrong that when I'm in a party with a tank who hates using their DPS combo, I forego using Distraction in order to keep chasing that #2 enmity spot?

But yes, ideally the party should be using whatever enmity mitigation tools they have so that the tank can use only as many enmity combos as are needed keep monsters focused on them and then proceed to DPS. In practice, it rarely works out that cleanly unless your entire party is very familiar with each other.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I thought that aggro was basically a number that grows and grows during a fight, and that the meters scale such that whoever has the highest threat=a full meter and everyone else's meter scales relative to that person's "high score". So reducing enmity generation as a DPS for 15 seconds let's the tank build up that much bigger of a lead. Am I totally off with that understanding?

Your understanding is correct but the tank only needs enough of a buffer to not lose hate. If you dial your threat back, the tank can dps harder instead of using dedicated threat generation skills.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
While you were partying, I studied The Blade.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The term you're looking for is "male catgirl"

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Is leveling any faster? I played when it was re-released and it was a slow agonizing drag.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Uh, I just got locked out of my character because the launcher is saying I haven't registered the Stormblood expansion, and then it says my code has already been registered when I try to do it (since I already did that before). Awesome.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

There hasn't been a single thing in any dungeon so far that is both able to be stunned and worth stunning. Second Wind should also go as others said.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Sinteres posted:

Uh, I just got locked out of my character because the launcher is saying I haven't registered the Stormblood expansion, and then it says my code has already been registered when I try to do it (since I already did that before). Awesome.

You're using your game registration code and not your early access code, right?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Sinteres posted:

Was it actually the registration code, or had you only previously entered the Early Access code? Check the registration code code again and that you went to the right place to enter it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

There hasn't been a single thing in any dungeon so far that is both able to be stunned and worth stunning. Second Wind should also go as others said.

Dragoons already have a threat dump in elusive jump. I'ma keep my self-heal to deal with eating AoEs due to jump animation lock.