Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Harrow posted:

Too many jobs look too cool and fun and I'm having a very difficult time deciding. I got Red Mage to 60 and I kind of want to get one other job to 60 before I decide which one to do the Stormblood MSQ on, but I can't decide between Bard, Machinist, and Black Mage.

(I should probably just do Stormblood right now on Red Mage but those other jobs are really calling my name.)

I know I've asked already how Machinist and Black Mage are in Stormblood. How about Bard? I know people are pretty happy about the removal of cast times, at least. Is its basic gameplay fun? How about its AoE? (One of the things I don't like about Red Mage is how boring the AoE is.)

Or you could just... swap classes on the fly as you go through SB content? There's nothing making you stick to just one class as you go through SB. Just enjoy it, don't agonize over small stuff. You're going to burn yourself out with that approach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

/aaction clear - removes all your role actions
/aaction "X" on - adds role action X
/hotbar action "X" Y Z - places action X on hotbar Y slot Z

Thanks, it was the /aaction command I was missing.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I've basically seen the following three theories get a lot of traction:

1. Gaius
2. Regula
3. the corpse of the dead emperor (Solus zos Galvus)

Any of these would get a reaction out of Varis, and are plausible. I'd lean towards Gaius too just cause if you're going to go the revolving door afterlife route (and they clearly have no intinsic problems with it seeing as Gosetsu's still around) I can see why they might find it very interesting to bring him back from the dead. Theory number 3 is by far the most hilarious though.

Hmm, actually, I think #2 would make the most sense for why he'd seem offended by whatever he saw. Since of those three, that's the only one I am aware of that he actually cared about. Though I would hazard a guess that it's less a case of corpse possession and more that they always looked the same for reasons.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

You can. In your quest log, click the box to select it and then click it again to ignore it.

Skaw posted:

You can. Click on the button next to the quest until it becomes a No symbol.

The Doomhammer posted:

You can, click on the box next to the quest in the journal a couple times.

Doesn't it still have to stay in my quest journal, though? I mean it's unlikely I'm going to ever need to have 30 quests at once but they're still in there. Or if I abandon them when they're on "no" like that will they not show up again?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Harrow posted:

Doesn't it still have to stay in my quest journal, though? I mean it's unlikely I'm going to ever need to have 30 quests at once but they're still in there. Or if I abandon them when they're on "no" like that will they not show up again?

Just do the dungeons. The dungeons in this game are fun and you should respect them

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Harrow posted:

if you abandon a quest it's out of your journal until you go pick it up again by the quest giver

if you're not planning on doing those dungeons for awhile and they're bugging you you might as well drop 'em

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's more that I'm trying to finish the 3.x stuff so I can finally start Stormblood and I don't really want to spend a few hours queuing for 50/60 dungeons to finish the quests. I only really wanted to unlock them for when I do the 50/60 roulette. Guess I'll just pause the MSQ for a while and do them so the quests stop bugging me.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Final Trial mechanic question.

How does his Akh Morn attack work?

You definitely don't stack it like the rest of the time. It looks like it targets a tank and tethers a single person to them. Do they stack it? Do they both take damage?

Both tanks should stack to split the damage

I usually put a marker on the other tank so I can find them with all the other effects going off

Remember there are several hits so don't move away until the last one is done.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Harrow posted:

It's more that I'm trying to finish the 3.x stuff so I can finally start Stormblood and I don't really want to spend a few hours queuing for 50/60 dungeons to finish the quests. I only really wanted to unlock them for when I do the 50/60 roulette. Guess I'll just pause the MSQ for a while and do them so the quests stop bugging me.

Dungeons are some of the best things in the game and it's worth your time to do them

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

50/60 dungeons should all be required for MSQ, so the only thing you're talking about is like hard modes for old dungeons which nobody does anymore anyways so just drop those quests and move on with your life.

You do not need to do anything other than MSQ to unlock the 50/60 dungeon queue.

Get to SB already please, Harrow.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Lord Hien is a Varian Wrynn that doesn't suck rear end.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

pissdude posted:

Or you could just... swap classes on the fly as you go through SB content? There's nothing making you stick to just one class as you go through SB. Just enjoy it, don't agonize over small stuff. You're going to burn yourself out with that approach

Uh, MSQs have level requirements. If you have 3 classes at 60 and you swap between them as you go through SB, you're going to hit a level requirement wall pretty drat fast because you'll be splitting that XP between those 3 classes, and then have to grind dungeons on that class to progress. Then if you swap classes again... you're right back there.

Like you can but... not really.

Mordiceius posted:

He's a Varian that doesn't mind smiling, so he's no Varian at all.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

50/60 dungeons should all be required for MSQ, so the only thing you're talking about is like hard modes for old dungeons which nobody does anymore anyways so just drop those quests and move on with your life.

I just figured it'd be good to have those unlocked for the 50/60 roulette, that's all. And maybe I'm weird but I get annoyed seeing all these blue quests on my map that I have no intention of doing but that will never go away.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Harrow posted:

I just figured it'd be good to have those unlocked for the 50/60 roulette, that's all. And maybe I'm weird but I get annoyed seeing all these blue quests on my map that I have no intention of doing but that will never go away.

I'm pretty positive those aren't included in the dungeon roulette. Extremes aren't part of the trials roulette, right?

Just drop them. Or if you're going to do them, loving do them. But you don't want to... so just let go. Its okay. You can always pick them up later if you need to.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Depending on whether you want the xp for completing them or not to help with leveling, you could grab some people on Discord and do them all unsynched to complete them in less than 5 minutes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

If Cyan's Theme plays when you are being cool, you are my friend. It's a fact, we're buddies.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm pretty positive those aren't included in the dungeon roulette. Extremes aren't part of the trials roulette, right?

Just drop them. Or if you're going to do them, loving do them. But you don't want to... so just let go. Its okay. You can always pick them up later if you need to.

Copperbell Hard is in the roulette, at least, so I assumed the other hard modes were, too.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Hard mode dungeons are absolutely in 50/60 Roulette.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hard modes are definitely in roulettes, why wouldn't they be?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

Too many jobs look too cool and fun and I'm having a very difficult time deciding. I got Red Mage to 60 and I kind of want to get one other job to 60 before I decide which one to do the Stormblood MSQ on, but I can't decide between Bard, Machinist, and Black Mage.

(I should probably just do Stormblood right now on Red Mage but those other jobs are really calling my name.)

I know I've asked already how Machinist and Black Mage are in Stormblood. How about Bard? I know people are pretty happy about the removal of cast times, at least. Is its basic gameplay fun? How about its AoE? (One of the things I don't like about Red Mage is how boring the AoE is.)

Bard Main here! Bard is incredibly fun now as you have to juggle your songs to ensure 100% uptime and each song has unique benefits to DoT crits. On top of that you have various high utility options like Nature's Minne (20% bonus healing from healing magic to a target), Troubadour (give a party wide buff based on current song: 10% physical damage reduction for Army's, 10% magical damage reduction for Wanderer's, 15% Max HP for Mage's), Battle Voice (party wide 15% Direct Hit buff for current song's duration), and Foe's Requiem (3% damage boost on enemies, drains MP while on).

The basic combat flow is a bit basic, keep up Straight Shot, put up DoTs, use procs and oGCDs, Heavy Shot filler... but that layers really nicely on top of song management and the ability to throw out utility as you need. All the utility goes on top of what the role actions offer too with Tactician, Refresh, and Palisade giving you even more support options. Bard is basically the closest this game has gotten to an actual Support role right now.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Vadoc posted:

Depending on whether you want the xp for completing them or not to help with leveling, you could grab some people on Discord and do them all unsynched to complete them in less than 5 minutes.

Can you do them unsynched for your first run?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The (hard) notation for dungeon locale revisits is so bad because it makes people think they aren't completely different dungeons when they actually are

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Power went out and when it came back FFXIV started updating and it's gonna take like 5 hours to finish apparently. Any way to stop this?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hivac posted:

The (hard) notation for dungeon locale revisits is so bad because it makes people think they aren't completely different dungeons when they actually are

Brayflox's Shortstop

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

Power went out and when it came back FFXIV started updating and it's gonna take like 5 hours to finish apparently. Any way to stop this?

It probably broke your installation, trying to make it stop is a dumb idea.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mister Olympus posted:

I enjoyed and am hugely positive on the Gosetsu reveal because the Doma Castle thing by itself just felt like a pointless Haurchefant retread, and getting the rug pulled out from under me shows it's going to go in a different direction than HW plot. I have high hopes for it especially because he set so many death flags for himself. Both he and Yotsuyu really, ultimately wanted to die but they didn't--so what now?

It also sets up an actually interesting plot point for Hein to see if he holds true to his word of holding villain lady's words and story to heart when rebuilding Doman society. Lady was sold into sexual slavery twice over thanks to how Doman society functioned under Hein's father.

And as said up stream she's got great parallel potential with Fordola "Always loving Mad" the blood traitor.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Hard modes are definitely in roulettes, why wouldn't they be?

Like I just said, ex primals aren't in the trials roulette, right? I just figured. Also haven't seen one pop but I haven't done but two of the 50/60 roulettes so far since the queues are so long for dps.

And past roulettes required you to do everything to unlock them first, right? Maybe I'm crazy but I thought I remembered having to do all kinds of stuff to be able to do them first. I figured I had everything since I could already do it, although now that I think about it there's 59-60 dungeons I haven't done yet since I'm still 58 so the 50/60 wouldn't be available if it really worked that way.

But good to know.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Can you do them unsynched for your first run?

Yeah, I've done plenty of the ARR dungeons and trials in HW unsynched first time through and when SB dropped my friends got me through Baelsar's Wall unsynched. You even still get the poetics at the end for a first time.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Like I just said, ex primals aren't in the trials roulette, right? I just figured. Also haven't seen one pop but I haven't done but two of the 50/60 roulettes so far since the queues are so long for dps.

And past roulettes required you to do everything to unlock them first, right? Maybe I'm crazy but I thought I remembered having to do all kinds of stuff to be able to do them first. I figured I had everything since I could already do it, although now that I think about it there's 59-60 dungeons I haven't done yet since I'm still 58 so the 50/60 wouldn't be available if it really worked that way.

But good to know.

Ex primals are fun tho and you can smash most of the old ones pretty good with an unsynced party

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Shy posted:

It probably broke your installation, trying to make it stop is a dumb idea.

Yeah, thought I could avoid doing this but apparently there's a bug where power outages on the PS4 corrupt files and makes you download the client all over again.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

But good to know.

You don't have to unlock everything to unlock the roulette itself, but you do have to unlock a dungeon for it to appear in the roulette. Basically, unlocking more dungeons just gives you more variety when you do the 50/60 roulette. That's why I was running around picking up the dungeon unlock quests, so that when I do the roulette there are more than a handful of dungeons I can get. I just didn't really know what the best option was once I got to the point where the dungeon is unlocked and I have to do it to complete the quest, especially with DPS queues meaning queuing for each one would take like a half hour each just to get in.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

How many times do you have to kill Ixion for that? just once?

6, it drops 2 horns per gold medal, you need 12.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

While "hard" dungeons are always higher level and harder than their original incarnation, they're at the same difficulty level as any other dungeon released during the same major patch, including whatever dungeon is brand-new that patch. All dungeons are aimed at the entire playerbase, there's no "you must be this good in order to complete it" expectation.

The same cannot be said of extreme primals and minstrel's ballads (aimed at midcore+) and savage raids (aimed at hardcore).

All roulette content, except Mentor Roulette, will only ever stick you in the casual-friendly content. Mentor Roulette also includes the midcore stuff, and since many of those are ... inadvisable ... to pug at respective level cap, it's generally best avoided. It would be a fantastic roulette for "I want to roulette into absolutely anything that I can reasonably expect my pugs to beat" if it didn't include them, but c'est la vie.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Fist seems like a slog but perhaps our dps was bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

nuru posted:

Expert dungeons are going to feel sloggy for a while because nobody is outgearing them by 50 ilevels anymore.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Ex primals are fun tho and you can smash most of the old ones pretty good with an unsynced party

Yep and I did that just the other day with some chill goons. No loving drops though :argh:

Harrow posted:

You don't have to unlock everything to unlock the roulette itself, but you do have to unlock a dungeon for it to appear in the roulette. Basically, unlocking more dungeons just gives you more variety when you do the 50/60 roulette. That's why I was running around picking up the dungeon unlock quests, so that when I do the roulette there are more than a handful of dungeons I can get. I just didn't really know what the best option was once I got to the point where the dungeon is unlocked and I have to do it to complete the quest, especially with DPS queues meaning queuing for each one would take like a half hour each just to get in.

With the 50/60 yes, I get that. But I was saying before it was different. When did they add the 50/60 roulette? I feel like that wasn't even a thing when I unsubbed, there was some other roulette that you had to do everything for. But maybe I'm mis-remembering. But yes, I know. And I know the queues are long. I get it. That's all obvious and tangential to what I was saying before.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 25, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

nuru posted:

The one I did was fine, I was able to do some decent sized multi pulls with my 290ish gear without major issue too

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Expert dungeons are going to feel sloggy for a while because nobody is outgearing them by 50 ilevels anymore.

everyone bringing just i310 weapons already makes poo poo much much better, tbh.

Zaphod42 posted:

With the 50/60 yes, I get that. But I was saying before it was different. When did they add the 50/60 roulette? I feel like that wasn't even a thing when I unsubbed, there was some other roulette that you had to do everything for. But maybe I'm mis-remembering. But yes, I know. And I know the queues are long. I get it. That's all obvious and tangential to what I was saying before.

50 and 60 roulettes required completion to unlock, the newly merged 50/60 one doesn't.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

50/60 roulette is new with Stormblood. They merged the 50 and 60 roulettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Remind me to avoid Trail roulette for a while.