Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

My brother's friend is really overweight and he refuses to do anything that could potentially end in him being unable to fit somewhere. Like Six Flags, for example. Seems like safe is better than sorry in that situation.

If for no other reason, I need to lose weight because I want to be cremated. Getting big fatties into the ovens is sometimes not physically possible and they burn way too hot for a lot of ovens because of the excess fat. It's hell on the equipment and can start (unintended) fires.

Of course, the industry is slowly adapting.
http://www.us-funerals.com/funeral-articles/can-an-obese-person-be-cremated.html#.WVB-g4VOmaM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Just LOL in 2017 if you don't have to be chopped into thirds to fit inside a crematorium

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Zahgaegun posted:

Just LOL in 2017 if you don't have to be chopped into thirds to fit inside a crematorium

I will need to be but I'm not fat, just have big balls. So it will be ball 1, ball 2 and the rest of me in 3 seperate ovens.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My brothers fiancé (21f) heard me (16m) masturbating

quote:

I'll keep this embarrassing dilemma very short.

We're staying with family for the weekend and my brothers fiancé, Clare came with us. My room is right next to her room and I was masturbating last night. I got carried away and I wasn't thinking enough about how I could disturb her and then after about half an hour I heard her shifting around and then go to the toilet.

I'm 99% sure that she heard me, and both our beds are touching the wall so she might have even felt the movement.

She didn't say anything today, in fact she's acting totally normal but I don't think she's the type for confrontation.

Do I apologise? Make a joke out of it? It's the third time I've masturbated since I've been here and it's only today that I found out that a) her bed is next to the very thin wall and b) she's a light sleeper. She's probably heard me every time.

Tldr: brothers girlfriend heard me masturbating, probably more than once. Dunno if I should say anything.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

maskenfreiheit posted:

"No, sixteen wasn't an awkward time for me. Why do you ask?"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

maskenfreiheit posted:

Man, dude really goes for it. Like a spider monkey.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[Illinois] Girl Venmoed herself $2400 from my phone at a party how can I get this money back?

quote:

Backstory, I'm 18 and just graduated high school, was at a party celebrating graduation at a house across town, and met this girl from another school and we clicked, we talked for a while and heavily made out, after which she said she had to go to the bathroom, but would "take sexy pics of herself" while there for me if I gave her my phone. She came back 5 minutes later and we talked and made out a bit more, until she said she had to leave. Sure enough there are sexy pics in my camera roll, but the next morning, i check my email and found this girl Venmoed $2395.43 (everything that was in my Venmo account) to an account that this was the only transaction on. I requested the money back via Venmo request but she still hasn't responded, all i have is her venmo (from this payment) and "sexy" pics of her in my camera roll. How can I go about gettting this money back?

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
Lol. At least she still took the sexy pics.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Danaru posted:

[Illinois] Girl Venmoed herself $2400 from my phone at a party how can I get this money back?

Call the cops lol

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

Literally five seconds on Wikipedia, since I had no idea what Venmo even was:

Wikipedia posted:

Cash transfers using Venmo are not considered instantaneous and can be canceled after an initial transfer is sent. These transfers can take one to several days to transfer. The Better Business Bureau reports some scammers exploit this on Craigslist and other services.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I [15M] fell off the balcony at my aunts place when I leaned against the railing and went through the picnic table. I'm over people telling me how it's lucky it was not a toddler in the family.Non-Romantic
submitted 4 hours ago by amilyd

quote:

I was at my Aunt's place last weekend for a BBQ. We had family and friends there for this BBQ. It's normally held at my place or my Aunts. We do these at least once a month to catch up with everyone. While everyone was downstairs I went upstairs to talk to my cousin, Kayla. She was sitting down on the chair near the balcony on her phone as usual texting her boyfriend. I leaned against the rail for the Balcony and the rail fell down and took me with it. My aunt failed to mention that it had somehow come loose. I fell and went through one of then loving picnic tables. The cheapest piece of poo poo wooden table my rear end. I'm a big guy because I work out in the gym and I've very physical with the sport I play.

I have a broken arm, broken collar bone, 3 broken ribs and just cuts and bruises from the fall. All I have been hearing from these loving people is how it was lucky I'm the one that fell and not one of the toddlers in the family. I don't feel bloody lucky. All I've been hearing is lucky it was not one of the kids.

tl;dr: All I keep hearing is that it was lucky it was I who fell and not a toddler.

It's lucky you fell and not a toddler! Fix my rail to prevent anyone from falling? Why would I do that?

Now quit moaning.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
imagine writing this as a 26 year old human being

I [26M] Moving out of my parents house and my dad [55M] and I are really bummed, what should I do to help both of us deal?

quote:

TL;DR; : I am moving out, MY dad and I are really bummed. How can I feel better and cheer him up.

I Am 26 and I have lived with my parents my whole life. I have never been away from home longer than 2 weeks.

Today is the second day after I moved out and I am really sad. I really miss my mom and dad. I miss my room and the family dogs.

To make things worse, my dad called me around 11:30pm drunk and he told me how much he missed me and he is sad that his only son has left the house. He said he watched me grow up and now, he's finding it hard with me not being home. My mom seems to be ok, but my dad is really bummed.

This is adding on to the emotions I am feeling, because now I know my dad is really sad also.

What are ways I can deal with my sadness and help cheer my dad up to?

I have not moved far only 40mins away, but it feels like I'm in another country.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

imagine writing this as a 26 year old human being

I [26M] Moving out of my parents house and my dad [55M] and I are really bummed, what should I do to help both of us deal?

Didnt know a father could have an umbilical cord.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Didnt know a father could have an umbilical cord.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Me 19M dealing with Manipulative 15F

quote:

TLDR She basically starts contacting me even though I want nothing to do with her! No we did not have sex I know the laws.

So i'm 19 and there is this 15 year old that started talking to me last year before I graduated hs. I never talk to younger girls but she literally went up to me and started talking to me. I'm not going to get into details and no we didn't gently caress but that chick is CRAZY.

At a point I do feel like I loved her but I guess she just wanted to use me for attention or something and as soon as I told her she got all hostile and Manipulative. She knows I have a hard time getting over people (another long story) So i'll go like a month or 2 of no contact, finally start to get over her only to have her text me.

I can't call the cops because she's younger, I don't want to tell anybody about this again because of the stupid age difference but this girl is cold and knows what she is doing.

I want to never think about her again but again she texts me as soon as i'm starting to move on and about to forget about her. I don't know what to do???

Other classics from the past month of this dude's posting include such hits as

people who don't know what a pedophile is annoys me (self.rant)

Age of consent laws are stupid self.unpopularopinion

What should I do about reddit creepers? Got into an argument with this guy and he started flaming old irreverent posts (self.AskReddit)

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I (24M) think my girlfriend (23F) is a witch

quote:

No, this isn't a joke / a troll / whatever. I seriously think my girlfriend Jenny is a witch.

We've been together for the past 10 months. Great relationship overall, but I'm suspicious and I have reasons to be.

First of all, she had four relationships before me. One was during her high school age (2 years), and the other three were nine months, one year and one year and a half long. We live in a small place so here you know everything about everyone.

Well, three of these four guys never had girlfriends after her (and they're good looking, and stuff). They also now have lovely lives (while their lives weren't lovely while they were with her). They're lovely in terms of finances and socially. All of the three guys had cheated on her.

The fourth guy (one she was dating for a year), he never cheated on her. She was the one who ended the relationship (they just 'grew apart' and started seeing each other much less because of work and duties). He now has a normal life, a girlftiend etc.

So all this stuff is not why I think she's a witch, because coincidences happen.

A few weeks ago, I was hanging out with some friends at a local pub, and some guys and girls approached us (they knew people from my group). There was a conversation going and I mentioned being in a relationship with Jenny [surname]. So one of the girls in the group, Anne, said 'Oh Jenny... I know her from high school.'

Well later, I met with a good friend from that group (John) and he was good with Anne. John told me he had to tell me something Anne had told him. I asked what. He said (something like this):

"Well, Anne went to school with Jenny. She says Jenny was a little strange and people were kind of scared of her. It's because there was an incident when a classmate teased Jenny about a pair of jeans she had bought, and he wouldn't shut up, he commented on her butt and all. And later that day, he fell from the bicycle and broke his leg. And then, whenever someone would say something to Jenny and she didn't like it, something would happen to them on that same day. It was creepy.''

I thought it was funny at first, but then started thinking about it. Jenny has candles in her room. I mean, not colorful or anything, they are white but large candles. I noticed them a few months ago and asked what was that for and she said it was for when electricity is down.

She always gets what she wants. Does she need a job that she's not completely qualified for? She gets it on the first try. Does she need to pass an exam she didn't study that hard for? She passes it. And so on.

She is into herbalism and stuff. Not alternative medicine, she's just obsessed with herbs. She made her brother go to China and get her some plants that only grow there. O.o She has also written a book (Herbs, Plants and Trees) for herself.

She confessed to me that her grandmother wanted to drown her when she was a toddler. Her grandma held her head in a barrel of water and it was a miracle how she survived. I don't think this is a lie because my gf is not the type of person to lie about something big, and I've never caught her lying or anything, she never has some 'exaggerated' stories.

Her mother is a little creepy. She lives alone in a huge house and is very quiet. She doesn't work and she's a widow (Jenny's father died a few years ago). Her husband didn't leave any money, and she has never worked... Jenny or other relatives aren't helping out .. And she still manages to survive in such a huge house (isn't starving, electricity is working etc). And she's a quiet woman. She only talks when spoken to. She's also about 45
but looks like she's 35. Btw Jenny is 23 and looks like she's 18.

Btw Jenny was EXPELLED from primary school at the age of 10. I actually didn't know that, but her brother mentioned it and when he realized I didn't know he was like 'woops'. Anyway, she was expelled?! I asked why, she said it was because some parents set it up because they hated her mom or some weird story like that, I still don't get it. She had to move to another school, in this town (she is originally from a town across the country, but moved there).

Jenny is a nice person and I've never seen her fight with anyone. I don't get why she would get expelled.

So, I know a sound like an idiot. I didn't believe in any paranormal nonsense, and definitely not witches. I feel like I am losing my mind being paranoid about this. I can't stop thinking about it. I mean, I can't just say to her

'Hey I think you're a witch'... I've no idea if I'm being completely idiotic over this. I mean, I know how idiotic I sound.

Tl;dr - Bad things happen to people who do bad things to my gf. She has candles in her house. Her past is a little mysterious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Bonster posted:

I [15M] fell off the balcony at my aunts place when I leaned against the railing and went through the picnic table. I'm over people telling me how it's lucky it was not a toddler in the family.Non-Romantic

It's lucky you fell and not a toddler! Fix my rail to prevent anyone from falling? Why would I do that?

Now quit moaning.

I bet he was about to lay some mad game on cousin Kayla, too. Dude's gonna have a long recovery and probably injure himself again trying to work out/play contact sports again way too soon.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Bonster posted:

Now quit moaning.

BAH GAWD THEY'VE KILLED HIM. AS GOD IS MY WITNESS THAT MAN IS BROKEN IN HALF

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
this poor, undateable man :(

I [25m] have taken a firm stance against my girlfriend [20f] on certain foods in a future apartment. If you had a deadly food allergy, would you let your partner have that food in the household?

quote:

I [21m] have severe food allergies. I'm allergic to all nuts, peanuts, fish, and shellfish. These are severe allergies, deadly. I carry around 2 epi-pens every single day whenever I leave my apartment. My girlfriend [20f] does not have any food allergies. We are in college right now and planning on living together in the not-to-distant future. We have been together for almost 2.5 years now.

In conversation, we have discussed what my food allergy means. I am okay with her eating whatever she wants outside of the apartment. I feel that I should not take that chance or run that risk of accidentally contaminating anything (pots, pans, fridge, etc.) within the apartment and therefor no foods that will kill me should be allowed in the apartment. She thinks that that request is unreasonable. I spoke to my parents and they have agreed with me and think I should not waver in my convictions. This is not a small matter, it's life or death.

I'd like others to give me their opinions since I only have my experiences to drawn upon. Am I being unreasonable?

TLDR: If you or your partner had a deadly food allergy, would you allow that food to be in the household?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I [25m] have taken a firm stance against my girlfriend [20f] on certain foods in a future apartment. If you had a deadly food allergy, would you let your partner have that food in the household?

Wait, can you actually be allergic to "all fish"? Is that a thing?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Wait, can you actually be allergic to "all fish"? Is that a thing?

It's actually finned fish that cause the most allergies. Over half of the people who are allergic to one type of fish are allergic to several others so rather than test for a bunch of different fishes, allergists tell people to avoid fish.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Seems pretty reasonable, actually.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, call me shallow but if I found out that there was pretty much no restaurant we coukd ever eat at together and traveling the world was pretty much out Id not have made it 2.5 days before quietly dissappearing and pretending like we had never even gone on a first date

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Barudak posted:

Yeah, call me shallow but if I found out that there was pretty much no restaurant we coukd ever eat at together and traveling the world was pretty much out Id not have made it 2.5 days before quietly dissappearing and pretending like we had never even gone on a first date

That's a more reasonable stance than trying to bring poison into someone's apartment.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Unless *not* having those foods will literally kill his girlfriend I'd say this is a pretty reasonable request on his part.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

"Listen baby, the only nuts allowed in this house are DEEZ NUTS"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What if your child is deathly allergic to peanuts but you also like when your dog licks peanut butter off of your ballsack? Why does the genetically inferior little poo poo get to dictate what goes on in the privacy of your bedroom? He knows where the EpiPens are.

:goonsay:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Haha, goons: "Crippling medical condition? They should be understanding, and help their SO work through it, its a disease, ect. Oh, I can't eat food around them? Deal breaker."

I'd ghost them so hard they'd need an ouija board to find me.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sarcophallus posted:

Seems pretty reasonable, actually.

It's unreasonable to be trying to breed when exposure to any part of Earth's biosphere will immediately kill you and bring your invasion to a grinding halt

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 26, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

La Brea Carpet posted:

It's actually finned fish that cause the most allergies. Over half of the people who are allergic to one type of fish are allergic to several others so rather than test for a bunch of different fishes, allergists tell people to avoid fish.

Huh, neat. I've got a minor food allergy to peppers, so I try to be mindful of other peoples'. I've just never met anyone with a fish allergy.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Me [35F] with my husband [37M] of five years, I think he resents me for lack of intimacy and did something nasty to me in bed on purpose

quote:

Jack and I have been married five years. We had our baby last year which took a huge toll on me. I have post partum depression and life is so difficult right now. I wake up in the morning and start crying and I don't know why. It's hard to bond with my baby because I want lock myself in the bedroom and never come out. When I hear her crying I feel like ripping my hair out. I don't have any thoughts of harming myself or others, just FYI. I'm seeking professional help, but just wanted to give you an idea of where I'm at.

With this depression, obviously my sex drive has gone out the window. I'm trying but its hard. Jack is definitely frustrated. He says so many sarcastic comments. Like when I say I don't want to have sex (more like I truly feel that I cant) he'll say "that's okay...I'm still satisfied from last night!". I guess this is normal though...I look at this sub a lot and it seems to be common (almost celebrated) for HL's to get out snide comments when they feel they need to. I guess its a way of coping. Anyway, one day last week I psyched myself up all day to have sex. I wasn't going to just lay there, I was going to be dirty and try new things. I decided to toss his salad, something we were very into a few years ago. I did a few tongue exercises and went to town.

He didn't seem that interested. I knew I wasn't doing a great job, but I was trying. Then I felt his abdominal kind of tense up and release and I realized what happened. He passed gas. While I was down there. With my tongue.

I screamed and started gagging. I can't describe the taste/sensation because I will start gagging again. I looked at him like "what the gently caress!!!!!?" and he didn't seem caught off guard. He kind of seemed like "oh, oops. sorry".

Now I know if that were me, I'd be so embarrassed and apologetic. Yeah he did apologize but it just wasn't like he was graveling.

It hit me immediately that he may have done it on purpose. I cook, clean, take care of our baby ... I think I do a lot especially considering getting out of bed feels like the end of the world. IDK what else he has to be angry with me about except for the lack of sex, which i know he resents me for. I feel violated. This seems like an asinine question: but has this ever happened to anyone else before? HLs (High Libidos), is it normal to feel like an act of revenge would be satisfying? I love my husband...I want to understand him...I'm trying to be understanding while he deals with his frustrations...but this was just...IDK, I feel speechless.

tl;dr: i think my husband did something nasty to me in bed because of our lack of sexual intimacy since giving birth

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

I like this one because the obvious answer is the girl had a really dysfunctional family while growing up, and her lovely ex-bfs don't have new gfs because they're lovely people in a small town. BUT NOPE, GOTTA BE A WITCH.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

what if Carrie was written by a retard

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 26, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

I like this one because the obvious answer is the girl had a really dysfunctional family while growing up, and her lovely ex-bfs don't have new gfs because they're lovely people in a small town. BUT NOPE, GOTTA BE A WITCH.

:siren: SHE HAS CANDLES! :siren:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

Signs for being a witch:

Has candles
Enjoys gardening
Is smart
Was bullied in school
Looks younger than her actual age
Has a widowed mother who can survive on her own somehow
Was nearly murdered as a child
Dated some assholes in the past

Wow... that's some pretty damning stuff....

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nessa posted:

Signs for being a witch:

Has candles
Enjoys gardening
Is smart
Was bullied in school
Looks younger than her actual age
Has a widowed mother who can survive on her own somehow
Was nearly murdered as a child
Dated some assholes in the past

Wow... that's some pretty damning stuff....

A woman? Reading??

Protect us, Heavenly Father, there is a witch in our midst.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My (32M) wife (31F) of 6 years constantly (twice a week at least) changes out my phone case. I know this is a minor issue but it's so odd and she won't stop it. What do I do?

quote:

hello everyone, thank you for reading and taking the time to offer advice if you choose. I've been marrried to "Selene" for 6 years, no kids and I would say good marriage. We have jobs that keep us seperate (I'm a in the Navy and she's an ER doctor) but when we are together we get along really well.

There's a very odd thing that's been happening for just over 8 months, she is constantly changing out the phone case on my iPhone. I live an active life so I love my lifeproof case and have no reason to change it. However the first I noticed she put on some random cheapo, mall kiosk case. I asked her why and she said it "suited me better." I told her thank you for thinking of me but I really just liked my black lifeproof. This has slowly progressed from like a change every six weeks to I've had 8 different cases in the month of June. By far, most are ones that she's used previously but a few are brand new. Most are cheap, some are elaborate "bedazzled" models that a teenage girl would be embarrassed to be seen with. At this point I've stopped asking but when I would approach her about it she gave an answer that varied on one of three themes "it suited you better," "I wanted to make sure you remember me" and "I just liked it so I bought it for you."

I'm totally torn as to whether or not this is some innocent OCD thing that I should just tolerate or if this is some sign of an impending mental break down?
Since she won't talk to me about beyond platitudes, what do I do?

tl;dr: Wife is constantly changing out my phone case. I don't know what to do.

Re: witch chat

Is it unusual that a 23 year old woman looks 18? I couldn't tell someone who was 23 or 18 side by side if I tried.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Jennifer? I...I think I might know her...nah...couldn't be. Close though. Not old enough for starters if the ages are true. Still made me reread it.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I hope the witch really is a witch. That'd be rad. She sounds super-cool for a witch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

Bf of 3 yrs, thinks I [24F] should be paying for his [27M] rent when he moves
We've been long distance for the last 6 months as I got a job interstate. He encouraged me to apply/take this job (he applied for jobs here too but it didnt work out until recently).

My living arrangement is such that he cant stay with me when he visits. So he has to book a hotel for a night or two. He didnt think it was fair for him to pay for cost of flights and accommodation so he made a "rule" that basically says who ever travels the other has to provide or pay for their accommodation.

So basically when I fly out, I stay with him (he lives with his parents) - he provides "free accommodation " for 2-3 days

when he visits, I pay 200-300 on his hotel.

Wasn't thrilled with this plan since hes still working and he has lots of savings and has a good income (vs I just started working) but he thought it was fair.

Now that he may be getting a job near by, he wants me to start paying his rent since "we have an arrangement". He thinks since hes moving "for me" that I should be paying his rent. This just made me realize how his initial arrangement really wasnt fair. Im not ever going to pay for his rent- he knows this and was probably just testing his luck. my question is more on the initial arrangement

since he wasnt paying for anything when I stayed over at his place, was it really fair for me to be paying for the entire hotel costs when ever he visited.

Plus he wanted to stay in the city and not in the suburbs when he visited which costed a lot more than getting a room in the suburbs.

Am I being unfair ? should him providing accommodation mean that I should be paying for his accommodation in return ?

tl;dr: bf wants me to pay for his rent/accomodation when he visits

Everything about this...