Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Wonder Turbine posted:

I don't know about that, it couldn't have been cheap getting the Travelocity gnome to voice Papalymo.

Magil Zeal posted:

I thought it was just a location thing that prompted the switch.

Shere posted:

Didn't they move to a non-US based voiceover studio? Could it have had something to do with the SAG issues that have cropped up lately?

Los Angeles -> London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Reply to this post if you want Yotsuyu to grind her beautiful smelly feet on your face while you beg for mercy.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Source your quotes

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you sick gently caress

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
please don't

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If by killing people, you mean getting zoned and just wishing that the two winning teams would give up and just let the inevitable front runners win, yeah.

PVP's still awful, just less so.

lmao git gud

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Reply to this post if you want Yotsuyu to grind her beautiful smelly feet on your face while you beg for mercy.

bonzi buddy is that you

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
And while I'm giving out about platforming, the aether currents in The Lochs are stupid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

And while I'm giving out about platforming, the aether currents in The Lochs are stupid.

I try to give people rides whenever I can in the Lochs because gently caress that poo poo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MikeyLikesIt posted:

As a straight married male, on a serious note: the females of this game do not appeal to me. On the male side you have Haurchefant being flawless, Aymeric giving me an Aragorn level broner, Estinien literally giving me chills whenever he's on camera, Thancred being the kind I'd wanna get stupid drunk with and now Hien who I'm sure will grow on me.

For the girls I don't really feel it. Minfilia gives off a useless vibe, the queens are boring, Ysayle is bae but moody as hell, Lyse is helpless and Yugiri is ok I guess.

I want a hot npc waifu with a better story!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Thanks for the RDM advice. Was definitely overthinking it.

So, who can tell me what I did wrong in the SAM job quest on the boat that I lost twice, and barely survived with Echo and kiting the fake samurai while chugging potions on attempt 3?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

PVP is absolutely stellar, unless you for some reason intimately care about winning instead of getting sweet exp and gear.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

OWLS! posted:

you sick gently caress

I want her to burn me with the hot ashes from her cigarette pipe and tell me I'm garbage.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also 60 second cooldown on shadowflare is poo poo and bad, but "juggling dots" wasn't really that much more engaging than spamming broil 2. You just threw them up, healed people, and kept an eye on the boss like you do now because of your 2 dots. Maybe it's just people realizing that scholar wasn't actually that engaging before or something?

I liked that SCH DPS in dungeons had a different rhythm to it than WHM and AST, if only to make the jobs feel different. Like with SCH you had a slower build up to put down all the dots down and shadowflare and then got really big dps once you hit Bane, where with WHM you run next to your targets and then dump all your MP with holy. Even in raids and boss fights it still felt different from the other two classes.

I don't think it would be a really big deal to get rid of juggling dots, but it's boring to make the SCH DPS play the same as the other 2 healing classes and I would rather have all the old dots back than that.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Countblanc posted:

As a straight married male, on a serious note: the females of this game do not appeal to me. On the male side you have Haurchefant being flawless, Aymeric giving me an Aragorn level broner, Estinien literally giving me chills whenever he's on camera, Thancred being the kind I'd wanna get stupid drunk with and now Hien who I'm sure will grow on me.

For the girls I don't really feel it. Minfilia gives off a useless vibe, the queens are boring, Ysayle is bae but moody as hell, Lyse is helpless and Yugiri is ok I guess.

I have no idea how you wrote all this and settled on being even slightly pro Yugiri.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nuru posted:

I have no idea how you wrote all this and settled on being even slightly pro Yugiri.

I don't think Countblanc actually wrote that.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Also, I'm assuming the correct way to play Warrior in PvP is to Heavy as many people as possible and only go in for melee with a full combo ready?

the correct way is to play pld or drk, which dumpster warrior hysterically right now in feast. it's sad but true.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Mind if I ask what was giving you trouble?

Sometimes I didn't have my vrils refreshed during adds, I'm a healer so I didn't pay too much attention to their bubbles and whatnot, and near the end she casts something and it's unclear when to vril. Can't think of anything else.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Countblanc posted:

As a straight married male, on a serious note: the females of this game do not appeal to me.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Countblanc posted:

Why would they nerf RDM? Though I think it'd be cool if they took some potency out of Jolt/Impact/Stone/Fire and added it to Thunder/Aero as well as the melee combo.
I've just never seen them parse badly and they seem very resilient to raid mechanics.

Maybe the current content is just really friendly to RDMs. They're champions in dungeons too though. Nothing seems to slow them down other than chain rezzing half your raid.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 26, 2017

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

SonicRulez posted:

It's so hard :negative:

There's a part where you have to pop Sprint?!

Sometimes you have to do a running jump because it also makes you jump higher. Don't sprint.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nuru posted:

Scared?

Rascyc posted:

I've just never seen them parse badly and they seem very resilient to raid mechanics.

Maybe the current content is just really friendly to RDMs. They're champions in dungeons too though. Nothing seems to slow them down other than chain rezzing half your raid.

RDM is just really easy. I don't mean this as a pejorative, just that people are finding optimal rotations and able to pull them off much earlier than the other jobs. Wait a month and if RDM is still consistently performing that well relative to other jobs (assuming good players are playing both) then maybe there's something there, but I don't think existing numbers suggest RDM is overtuned.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

MikeyLikesIt posted:

I want her to burn me with the hot ashes from her cigarette pipe and tell me I'm garbage.

Again, that's more Merlwyb's thing

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Thanks for the RDM advice. Was definitely overthinking it.

So, who can tell me what I did wrong in the SAM job quest on the boat that I lost twice, and barely survived with Echo and kiting the fake samurai while chugging potions on attempt 3?

Use third eye more and... IDK play SAM properly?

I had to use 2 potions but I did it first try.

Did you use role skills? bloodbath or whatever is pretty good for keeping your health up.

Countblanc posted:

Minfilia is the worst but so far she's not even in SB (thank gently caress)

Lyse is cool. And the badguy lady who smokes the pipe is pretty cool.

Thancred is the most boring character I can think of in any FF so I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the male characters. Aymeric was okay but boring as gently caress, Estinien was okay but boring as gently caress... they're all 1-dimensional.

You're talking about female characters and you forget the single coolest character in SB: Alisae :psyduck: Replacing Alphinaud's lovely lovely poo poo poo poo with her badassness is the best thing Stormblood did.
How can you say all the male characters are good and female ones are bad? He's literally the worst ever and she's the best.

gently caress I think I actually like Minfilia more than Alphinaud.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 26, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I like to pretend that samurai are witchers and third eye is quen

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Merlwyb and Sylphie (from the Conjurer story) are the only female characters who have impressed me so far. Nanamo, Senna, and Minfilia all give me the distinct impression of being wise and beautiful and charismatic and will never do anything of note on camera, much less follow you into combat.

I wanted to throttle Sylphie at first, but by the time my character graduated from conjurer to white mage she'd managed to grow on me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jinh posted:

Again, that's more Merlwyb's thing

Why not both?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cythereal posted:

Merlwyb and Sylphie (from the Conjurer story) are the only female characters who have impressed me so far. Nanamo, Senna, and Minfilia all give me the distinct impression of being wise and beautiful and charismatic and will never do anything of note on camera, much less follow you into combat.

I wanted to throttle Sylphie at first, but by the time my character graduated from conjurer to white mage she'd managed to grow on me.

Alisaie

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The waifu game is weak in ffxiv but like, that's a good thing

I'm glad there's at least one modern JRPG that isn't filled to the brim with waifubait

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

My character is only level 31 in the free trial. I know that's the elf girl who had about three lines that were all a variant of "everyone here is an rear end in a top hat" and left.

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear she gets better.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please don't disrespect very good girls the MCH ladies.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

RDM is just really easy. I don't mean this as a pejorative, just that people are finding optimal rotations and able to pull them off much earlier than the other jobs. Wait a month and if RDM is still consistently performing that well relative to other jobs (assuming good players are playing both) then maybe there's something there, but I don't think existing numbers suggest RDM is overtuned.

Right about this too. Smn took like weeks of playing with before I felt comfortable doing stuff without fear of buffs and dots falling off at the wrong time, and that was after playing sch for a couple months. Red Mage is always doing about 75% of its max by just not being asleep. I was instantly comfortable with it by 70 and the only optimizations are tricks like the corps/displacement before manafication thing, loving up dualcast/mana as little as possible, and using swiftcast to fish for procs every now and then.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Moenbryda was cool.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cythereal posted:

My character is only level 31 in the free trial. I know that's the elf girl who had about three lines that were all a variant of "everyone here is an rear end in a top hat" and left.

Ah yeah, ARR can be a bit sparse because they were rushing to fix the disaster that was 1.0. Things get more interesting in HW and Ysayle is amzing. And then in SB I'm enjoying Lyse and Alisae a whole lot.

ARR was definitely my least favorite of XIV's story by a longshot.

poo poo, the first 30 levels story is mostly just doing busy work so the various' governments will even give you an audience. It doesn't really get cool until like, level 50.

Merylweb is definitely my favorite lady in ARR.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Cythereal posted:

what about yda, you nerd

(Alisae is cool but she vanishes for an extremely long time unless you do the Coil raids.)

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

The best part of the expansion is the level 70 red mage quest telling you no less than three times about how much of a good idea it would be to pack a few antidotes.

Also not sure if it was answered, but re: Verflare/Verholy - if you even begin to cast a different spell when the procs are up, it won't let you cast flare/holy even if you interrupt your cast.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

dmboogie posted:

what about yda, you nerd

(Alisae is cool but she vanishes for an extremely long time unless you do the Coil raids.)

Yda's sum total so far as been "straight man to the potato mage guy." Amusing for what she is, but I'd hesitate to call her a character in her own right.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Countblanc posted:

It still irrationally, slightly annoys me that I ended up picking the ez-mode class, but after doing Lakshmi EX four times yesterday and making critical saves with cure and raise on two of them, I can still say RDM is the best class, difficulty and parses be damned.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Vitamean posted:

The best part of the expansion is the level 70 red mage quest telling you no less than three times about how much of a good idea it would be to pack a few antidotes.

Also not sure if it was answered, but re: Verflare/Verholy - if you even begin to cast a different spell when the procs are up, it won't let you cast flare/holy even if you interrupt your cast.

Oh, well then; yeah just try not to hit 100/100 I guess, any other solution seems like a waste of time/dps.

Ciaphas posted:

It still irrationally, slightly annoys me that I ended up picking the ez-mode class, but after doing Lakshmi EX four times yesterday and making critical saves with cure and raise on two of them, I can still say RDM is the best class, difficulty and parses be damned.

I switched to SAM because I enjoy melee classes a little more, but for real the ability to have a "save the group from wiping" button (two if you need to vercure) is extremely tempting to make me switch back.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Vitamean posted:

I ignored the advice all three times and did fine :colbert: