Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/879688727181893632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Joementum posted:

Also not uncommon for these right wing organizations to just be a rented mailbox for tax purposes.

That too, I mean the only real way to know if someone had a building directory. If it wasnt listed, then most likely the mailbox in the UPS store.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hmm, someone should maybe throw Glenn Greenwald in prison? Where does he hang now anyways? Moscow?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

:drat:

Haha holy poo poo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Cilizza's takes caused a fire in the break room :(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:wow:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Journalists making outrageous claims in America? Why I never.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CheeseSpawn posted:

That too, I mean the only real way to know if someone had a building directory. If it wasnt listed, then most likely the mailbox in the UPS store.

You can see the whole strip mall on Google Street view. There's a mattress store, bagel shop, tuxedo rental store, dance studio, but curiously no conservative think tank offices :thunk:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879694243266273284

Israel and Russia are pretty cuck-tier countries

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Nastier Nate posted:

I gotta say, I'm starting to lose interest in Trump's morning toilet tweets. They all feel very recycled. Fake news this, failing Obamacare that.

When are we gonna get some fresh material?

tbh I would love to see more of his hot takes on Robert Pattinson.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Serf
May 5, 2011

"why north korea has to go" by serf mcserfington of CSPAM (Center for the Social Promotion of American Morals)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

C-Euro posted:

Is the rest of the world still laughing at us y/n

they never stopped

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Serf posted:

"why north korea has to go" by serf mcserfington of CSPAM (Center for the Social Promotion of American Morals)

holy poo poo someone register this corporation in Delaware ASAP

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

orange sky posted:

Is this even illegal in the US? It seems to me like every drat millionaire does this, it's just par for the course.

Half the reason to have a foundation is so you can have a tax free way to employ your family/friends. The other half is that it gives donors a legal way to give you a bunch of money to pay the salaries of your family/friends without triggering ethical laws.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Journalists making outrageous claims in America? Why I never.

About Moscow

Good forbid we say anything incorrect about a corrupt kleptocracy run by an ex KGB agent.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

*snaps diablo 3 dvds in half*

Lmao if you bought it on physical media.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
pretend i posted the mike tyson herman cain gif but i didnt bc cell service sucks here

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

nein nein nein page

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

you're the cucktaker sir. you've always been the cucktaker.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gypzxm/behind-the-scenes-of-disneys-donald-trump-hall-of-presidents-drama

quote:

Walt Disney World's Hall of Presidents—closed for renovations since January 2017 in order to add a new Donald Trump robot—was originally scheduled to reopen with its new president in time for summer.

But now, its reopening has been pushed back to no earlier than the fall, and perhaps beyond that, according to Disney sources familiar with the attraction. After much behind-the-scenes drama and internal machinations about whether or not Trump would have a speaking role in the attraction, Disney told a local TV station that Trump would indeed speak. But the road to get to this point has been fraught with difficulties.

According to our source, Trump's communications team turned what should have been a simple recording process into a public relations nightmare—one that Disney executives twisted themselves in knots to avoid, in order to save face for the president, and ultimately, save face for themselves.

Motherboard reached out to Walt Disney World for comment on this story and did not receive a response. "The same thing that we've done with other presidents, is the same plan we have for President Trump," said Jacquee Wahler, Disney's vice president of communications, told News 13 in Orlando. Wahler said Disney hoped to reopen the ride by the anniversary of Trump's election.

The Hall of Presidents is a 23-minute show about the history of the American presidency at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida. At the show's conclusion, the curtain rises to reveal every U.S. president in history. Each commander-in-chief is portrayed by a life-sized Audio-Animatronic (Disney parlance for robot), who can move, talk, and in some cases, sit and stand.
Disney assumed that the transition from Obamabot to Trumpbot would be smooth and seamless. "We've already prepared a bust of President-elect Trump to go into our Hall of the Presidents at Disney World," said Disney CEO Bob Iger in a call with Wall Street analysts last November. But instead, according to a source close to Magic Kingdom management, the Trump communications team has been combative and obstinate, upsetting an established process that three prior presidential administrations found amenable.

"When Disney tried to get this process started earlier this year," said the source in an email to Motherboard, "Trump's people said, 'We'll be writing the speech that the President's Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'"

"The Imagineers [the researchers and developers behind Disney's theme park attractions] tried to point out that they're typically involved with this process," continued the source. "That they directly collaborated with Clinton, Bush, and Obama's people when it came to figuring out what the President's Audio-Animatronic figure would say. Trump's people said, 'No. We're writing this speech. You guys have no input on this.'"

So that's been the holdup. Disney has always collaborated with the president on the final speech. Disney, apparently, has finally reached an agreement with the Trump team, though we still don't know yet how much involvement Disney will have in the crafting of the speech (if any).

One solution that was floated internally was to have the current president not talk, and revert the attraction to something resembling its original format, where only Lincoln spoke during the final roll call. This format existed from 1971, when the attraction opened, to the end of 1993, when the talking Clinton robot debuted.

According to our source, this is the solution that many at Disney were hoping for.

"There are those at Imagineering who hope that if they hold off on doing anything with this attraction until the fall, Trump may have done something so egregious that the general public won't have an issue with putting a non-talking version of [Trump] in The Hall of Presidents," said the source.

And now, a simple speech recording—something that should have been small, perfunctory, and ceremonial—has snowballed into a political issue.

"They'd particularly like to avoid him tweeting about this situation," added the source. "It would most likely result in a call for conservatives to boycott Walt Disney World, which is the company's biggest fear."

"Disney officials are bending over backwards in an effort not to be seen as disrespectful towards President Trump," said the source.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

u fkn millennials and ur 1000 pages and antipopes and whatnot

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

About Moscow

Good forbid we say anything incorrect about a corrupt kleptocracy run by an ex KGB agent.

did u know that obama gets a check from george soros!?

*is given a job at fnc*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

magiccarpet posted:

nein nein nein page

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Serf posted:

https://cspamthinktank.tumblr.com/

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

stand on yalls heads and hail satan

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Joementum posted:

You can see the whole strip mall on Google Street view. There's a mattress store, bagel shop, tuxedo rental store, dance studio, but curiously no conservative think tank offices :thunk:

what about thunk tank offices

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Joementum posted:

My office is above the UPS store, (A lawn chair on the roof).

Serf
May 5, 2011

a good start

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
:siren: TODAY IN PRESIDENT TWEET HISTORY :siren:

https://twitter.com/potus44/status/747466642725056512

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/879682547235651584

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

El Disco posted:

Lmao if you bought it on physical media.

it came out like 10 years ago steam didnt even exist

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

no thanks

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Serf posted:

sir your foundation's mailing address is the same as this Russian Piss bordello??

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

punchymcpunch posted:

it came out like 10 years ago steam didnt even exist

datasette is the only media to own. The true piss tape.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the concept of physical addresses is a partisan assumption

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

This is like the least surprising thing ever TBH

Also I think I'd be more likely to go to Disney World if I knew that the MAGA crew was boycotting it, given its location I'm sure the place is crawling with them right now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Good thing all those members of the #resistance subscribed to the New York Times to help fund real journalism. Yes I know it is an op-ed but they publish absolutely terrible op-eds that don't deserve the light of day all the time and that's just as much of an editorial decision as what news articles to run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

C-Euro posted:

This is like the least surprising thing ever TBH

art of the deal

• Locked thread