Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

SonicRulez posted:

MSQ Ending Stuff:

- I know we never found a body and they clearly really want us to care about Yotsuyu's backstory, but that was still lame. I rolled my eyes super hard.
- What's Estinien's deal? Was he purposely hiding from us? I mean I'm glad we closed out all the HW stuff, but it was bothering me.
- Nero forever

I'm actually glad they survived because it could lead to some interesting character development, especially for Yotsuyu.
It's great that Omega's coming really soon, more Nero is always welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

MSQ Ending Stuff:

- What's Estinien's deal? Was he purposely hiding from us? I mean I'm glad we closed out all the HW stuff, but it was bothering me.

I think he just felt a responsibility to deal with Nidhogg's eyes himself, which yeah good call Estinien cause we just loving left them sitting there after killing Shinryu.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

vOv posted:

Make it yell out quotes and 'attack' when you're in combat.

Dance to the song of ringing steel!

The minion doing it's impression of Bloody Fuller with tiny sparklers would be adorable.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Cactuar feels pretty populated but has lulls between content. I didn't expect it to be about the same as Excalibur though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Coughing Hobo posted:

I think part of it is owing to that Excal has a more-organized player base that still engages with world activities like hunts and FATEs. Ultros just felt very sedate by comparison and party finder was a graveyard until the cross-world PF got implemented.

A non-trivial part of the activity on excalibur is because of goons. Our FCs are right now 1, 6, and 17 in weekly standings for the world and of course 1,2, & 3 on excal itself. There's a lot of us especially post expansion.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Vargatron posted:

Are there any guides for the optimal way to level crafting/gathering? I've been told the most effective way to do crafting is ALL AT ONCE.

I too am looking for this. I found this and was going off it since I couldn't find anything more recent.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

homeless snail posted:

I think he just felt a responsibility to deal with Nidhogg's eyes himself, which yeah good call Estinien cause we just loving left them sitting there after killing Shinryu.

We probably didn't notice them among the red flowers/they were under Zenos' corpse.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Edgy DRK gear is edgy.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We probably didn't notice them among the red flowers/they were under Zenos' corpse.

We are terrible.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ImpAtom posted:

The max ilevel for this expansion is 315 right? At least until patches?

Ex primals drop 320

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Ex primals drop 320

Not really relevant, he's correct that 315 is the max because there's no 320 left side armor.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Why is Balmung so drat populated? All I know about it is that it's the RP choice of servers, but that can't be the actual reason, can it?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Why is Balmung so drat populated? All I know about it is that it's the RP choice of servers, but that can't be the actual reason, can it?

It can

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So should I dump Verity on the right side first so that I can make it into the EX primals or follow the normal left -> right stuff?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

There's a lot of people and also a lot of people that are into Final Fantasy/Anime RPG's enough to want to spend 1000's of hours into them are also the same type of people that wanna role Play E or otherwise).

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

think of all the weirdos on your server who do nothing but idle their catgirls in bathing suits in costa del sol, then imagine they had a server where people didn't think they were loving weirdos

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Boogalo posted:

Balmung is out of control :stare:

https://ffxivcensus.com

Sitting nicely on Exodus for now. It gets a little sparse in the run-up to a patch but there's always people around. Most FATEs are already left un-done. I think they just give too little XP for the effort/time.

goddamn that's a lot of furries

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

So should I dump Verity on the right side first so that I can make it into the EX primals or follow the normal left -> right stuff?

People can / sometimes will call you out on your HP being low if you do that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nuru posted:

Not really relevant, he's correct that 315 is the max because there's no 320 left side armor.

it's 314, you can't wear two 320 rings. tanks can't at least

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

nuru posted:

It is relevant because I thought he meant the single item cap not the average ilvl cap

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SonicRulez posted:

Weapon first so you're not a scrub, and then whatever gives you the biggest gains otherwise.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Weapon first so you're not a scrub, and then whatever gives you the biggest gains otherwise.

This generally translates to weapon, then chest, then legs. Everything else is whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also remember the level 70 dungeons drop lots of i300 gear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Coughing Hobo posted:

This generally translates to weapon, then chest, then legs. Everything else is whatever.

Chest or legs. They're the same. Then helm/gloves/boots because they're all the same. Then belt followed by accessories.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mr. Nice! posted:

Chest or legs. They're the same. Then helm/gloves/boots because they're all the same. Then belt followed by accessories.

Yeah, but fashion is also a factor, and chest contributes more to appearance than legs do, therefor higher priority.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

But really whatever fills in your gaps left by dungeon gear is what you should buy second after weapon. Also you can do the ex primals in basically your artifact gear with a 310 weapon.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

Do the DRG class quests for resolution on this.

Well damnit, guess I'll be levelling that next, because this plot point is gonna gnaw at me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well damnit, guess I'll be levelling that next, because this plot point is gonna gnaw at me.

Before you spend forever on it, I'll tell you it only gives resolution to the character, not to their role in the plot.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I didn't get a ton of great dungeon drops while leveling. I still have a level 64 belt. Though I suppose running EXDR to get all the tomes I need to get anything should supplement all that stuff.

Speaking of, Fist is p cool. The final boss is really fun. Sad to have the girl tell me I was poo poo after the 2nd boss.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Leal posted:

So I'm getting through SB crafting (god the 60 to 61 slump loving suuucks) and was thinking wow, I got to 70 weaver in one day and got carpenter up to 63. Why does it feel so much easier? Then it hit me: So far none of the basic components (cloths, leathers, nuggets, etc.) are not locked behind unspoiled nodes. Go to hell hallowed water and coerthan tea leaves!

And even better, when it comes to your job classes they just give you the materials for the item with infinite chances to retry. Its nice, I was actually feeling apprehension doing my 63 job quest cause I was getting ready to either get robbed on the marketboard buying materials or having to level other crafting classes to craft my own materials but nope, just "here ya go, good luck!" Making crafting less of a complete chore, 10/10 expansion. Now if they can retroactively do that for ARR and HW crafting.

For 60-61 I'm just planning on doing GC supply missions at a leisurely pace. That way I'll be over the slump when I decide to actually start leveling in earnest.

Glad to hear it seems easier this time around.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 27, 2017

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Augus posted:

Beating the 2nd boss of Bardam's Mettle without messing up should be a mandatory requirement in order to do raids and expert trials tbqh

I always eat a hit from the double 270 degree thingies because it's easier that way. :colbert:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also remember the level 70 dungeons drop lots of i300 gear.

I swear it's coded to drop gear for anything but for your class. :argh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SonicRulez posted:

Speaking of, Fist is p cool. The final boss is really fun. Sad to have the girl tell me I was poo poo after the 2nd boss.

Get ready for the hard mode in a year where she's the final boss.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I find it odd that the CE came with a figure of Zenos but he offs himself at the end of the 4.0 MSQ. Dude better come back in some manner, he's my best friend dammit.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Does the final boss of Fist just always knock someone to a tiny percentage of health on that dash, or is there a way to mitigate it?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

nuru posted:

Does the final boss of Fist just always knock someone to a tiny percentage of health on that dash, or is there a way to mitigate it?

I think it does damage equal to their current health minus a small amount. Shields will mitigate as normal from that damage number. It's just a healer mechanic though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

nuru posted:

Run away to make it do less than Current Hp-1 damage.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Run away to make it do less than Current Hp-1 damage.

You don't have to run away pretty sure

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

You don't have to run away pretty sure

At point blank it puts you to one but I'm pretty sure if you put some distance it does less damage, but that might have just been server ticks on my regen hitting just perfectly along with the hit.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

SonicRulez posted:

MSQ Ending Stuff:

I suspect it's because of how he left the stage in 3.x. He clearly doesn't want to get involved again but feels responsible, and his travels his Alphy have left its mark on him so he's probably too shy to just show his face in front of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Estinien is gay for Alphy and is afraid to face his twink crush.