Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The main issue with booking right now that's been talked about to death is something that Bryan Alverez recently ranted about on the most recent free WOR. WWE is more focused on heat for heels than they are making babyfaces cool and likeable. This ends up with heels who are cheered because they're the only ones who can get poo poo done, and babyfaces can't get anyone behind them because they are constantly booked to look like idiots, losers and fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

Vince is so dumb he's getting Brock/Reigns over with at Summerslam instead of Mania
I hope Brock shoots on him

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

Vince is so dumb he's getting Brock/Reigns over with at Summerslam instead of Mania

Good, just get it over with.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

This Trumpfan thinks a senile 70-year-old is a bonanza of good decision-making.

What does he means by this?

Anyways this is silly right now im pissed at the loving idiots of FIA who are trying to screw over my friend Seb Vettel of Scuderia Ferrari.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

F1 is faker than WWE you stupid loving mark

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lolF1

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

St Evan Echoes posted:

fake news

pressedbunny posted:

Rewatch NXT from the second womens' tournament through to Asuka getting the belt, and try to say Bayley isn't good. Hell, just watch Sasha v Bayley at TakeOver: Brooklyn.

1.- No
2.- You are right, they totally ruined ubber heel boss Sasha Banks.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 29, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Incessant Excess posted:

that would make the new WM ME likely Cena/Reigns, with Cena going to break 17

Actually that's an even bigger match, so good on Vince

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Turns out this Roman push has been a 3 year long con to get everyone cheering John Cena

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

that would make the new WM ME likely Cena/Reigns

Yep

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

St Evan Echoes posted:

You can't spell foney without f one.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

exploded mummy posted:

that would make the new WM ME likely Cena/Reigns, with Cena going to break 17

Actually that's an even bigger match, so good on Vince

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Sasha Banks is also really bad on the mic. Wasn't Dusty Rhodes in charge of coaching promos in NXT? Was he just a bad teacher, or burdened with bad students, or what?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sasha was fine on the mic as a heel, not an amazing talker but very believable as an arrogant dick

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

It's a good thing imo, at least the specter of Reigns beating Brock will only loom for the next 2 months instead of the next 10 months. Also Cena/Reigns is a legit WM main event.

e: also this could mean Braun is the one to beat Brock in his last match

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 29, 2017

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

of the two versions of broke-brain you exhibit, i much prefer the bizarre silly broke-brain to the woke-brain broke-brain turd

I am who I am bitch

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That DICK! posted:

I am who I am bitch

Please do Clonfroggio on Ferrari colors please

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I am very surprised that Doctor Gonzo would think the blond Aryan man who attacked Formula One's first black world champion without provocation is cool and good,

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

oh thank christ

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
:rip: braun but he was never winning that ambulance match anyway

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Corbyn posted:

I am very surprised that Doctor Gonzo would think the blond Aryan man who attacked Formula One's first black world champion without provocation is cool and good,

Correct

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:rip: braun but he was never winning that ambulance match anyway

I hope that Reigns knocks Braun out cold then spends 15 minutes desperately trying to lift him then resigning and having Vince send out someone like Cesaro to do it.
Also the entire time the commentary team is screaming 'WITNESS THE IMMEASURABLE STRENGTH OF THE BIG DOG'

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I can't wait for roman/Brock at mania where taker will come out the interfere and look like he'll take out roman but instead take out Brock and say into the mic, it's your yard big dogg

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Do it ironically posted:

I can't wait for roman/Brock at mania where taker will come out the interfere and look like he'll take out roman but instead take out Brock and say into the mic, it's your yard big dogg

Shortly after Taker uses his magic and fuses with Reigns. Next week Roman comes out to the same music but does the Taker slow walk, dressed like Taker, and does a slow promo like Taker but with all his own promo mannerisms. Get ready for Roman to debut his new finisher: the slow walk across the ropes Taker used to do combined with a superman punch.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Utterly random question

Who is the best tall wrestler in history? As in ability. Best big man comes up a bit but this is a bit more specific. Just crossed my mind thinking about Taker and how a 6'10" man put on several five star matches and if anyone else came close. Most tall guys are stiffs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lid posted:

Utterly random question

Who is the best tall wrestler in history? As in ability. Best big man comes up a bit but this is a bit more specific. Just crossed my mind thinking about Taker and how a 6'10" man put on several five star matches and if anyone else came close. Most tall guys are stiffs.

Andre

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Lid posted:

Utterly random question

In overall working ability it's probably Taker. In raw athletic talent, Big Show in his younger WCW Giant days did insane stuff for his size.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Lid posted:

Utterly random question

Reese

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Chris James 2 posted:

On the opposite end, he saw Reigns (a guy he likes and fully supports) struggling to get cheers and thought the solution was he needed a Better Heel to beat

So he got a Rumble win and a world title. And still couldn't put over Reigns enough that the fans loved him.

There's some good things about that HHH thing in theory. 3 things that stand out of it being awful were how HHH was allowed to make Roman bleed (when no one else on the card can), HHH didn't cheat or do dastardly things in ring, and who the hell booked their mania match to be 27 minutes.

I actually can get that there are HHH fans out there who love to see him wrestle once a year, and get his big entrance. But he shouldn't have the biggest entrance of Wrestlemania, and he shouldn't be going beyond 15 minutes maximum.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hunter is not perfect by any means but there's like no way it can be a worse product when Vince dies. It's not possible.

Systemic problems are very difficult to defeat. Hell, RAW desperately needs to not be 3 hours, but they have multi year contracts locked into it being that length. They shouldn't have done that in the first place, but now its hard to undo that can of worms.

They might be able to change some of the nature of the WWE (is it a sport? entertainment? what style of pro wrestling is it?), but they won't replace the writing staff, agents, production people (Kevin Dunn and his ludicrous paycheque), etc.

VJeff posted:

Look, I know you don't watch NXT, but there's two things about it that stick out above everything else.
1) The storytelling is simple, long-term and doesn't try to insult or outsmart the audience. It's just simple pro wrestling storytelling.
2) The wrestlers wrestle in the style that got them over on the outside.

There's a bunch of other stuff (championship matches always feel like a big deal, champions are kept very strong even if they're heels, sometimes the show will even start with a match and not a goddamn 20 minute promo, there's little to no 50/50 booking) but If just those two things hold over on when he gets control of the main roster, it'll get about a million times better.

I think one of the biggest problems in NXT and WWE generally is all the loving rematches. It feels like Nakamura for example faced Zayn, Aries, then faced Joe for 6 months, then Roode for 3 months. NXT for a year and he only really had 4 feuds.

A fantasy booking dream I have is that they institute a policy of no rematches between PPVs. Just MAKE them shake up the loving matches. Jinder has been feuding with Orton since April 18, and no one else has touched the possibility of a WWE title match in that time.

kinetic77 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he's done. NXT Bayley vs WWE Bayley are not the same. See also Sami Zayn, American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, all the cruiser weights, etc.

I'll disagree on Enzo and Cass, to some extent. Letting Enzo talk more freely has sometimes been the best part of their appearances, his spiels really are entertaining, and their matches are a bit basic, but a solidly done tag match is always good. True, they should have booked Enzo to seem like a competant wrestler who had his own talent pool that complemented Cass to form a better team together, rather than the story for the past year that Enzo is holding Cass back. And no chicken loving, and not have Enzo be an rear end in a top hat all the time (flashing Lana, for example). Wait, they really did gently caress up the team, didn't they?
Still stupid in NXT they didn't just end the plotline of Enzo wanting to gently caress Carmella by having him discover Cass with Carmella and backing off because he won't hit on his friend's girl. Instead....the plotline just stopped and then Carmella was just hanging out with them always.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I mean, say what you want about Roman's character and booking, 85% of it has been terrible, but at the very least they got the kids 'n soccer moms portion of it right. It's the easiest section of the fanbase to get over with, they like the person that wins a lot and looks strong when they do it.

Bayley was tailor-made for that bit of the fanbase, and they screwed her up so much the kids were apparently cheering Bliss during their kendo stick match.

Character that's basically female Cena doesn't have a clean singles win on the main roster in like 7 months, gets the title handed to her by her friend, really only has one major clean successful defense of it at Mania in a multi match, then gets made to look like a schmuck in her first major defense feud and promptly loses it in her hometown THEN gets destroyed in the rematch where she refuses to go :ssj:.

That's like the complete opposite way to book someone to get over with their intended demographic, or ANY wrestling demo really.

Their ability to gently caress up everything with Bayley's plotline astounds me. Like the cane match so many variations would have been better- example have Bayley manage to get the cane, hit Bliss once, and then Bliss begs Bayley to stop. Bayley can't hit a person protesting in this way and tries to return to wrestling, but hypocrite Bliss uses the cane and manages to win with that. But all of the storytelling has been so off, including the in-ring storytelling.

Vaguido posted:

The main issue with booking right now that's been talked about to death is something that Bryan Alverez recently ranted about on the most recent free WOR. WWE is more focused on heat for heels than they are making babyfaces cool and likeable. This ends up with heels who are cheered because they're the only ones who can get poo poo done, and babyfaces can't get anyone behind them because they are constantly booked to look like idiots, losers and fools.

And assholes! Almost all the faces are complete rear end in a top hat jerks, so it's hard to cheer them. Even Zayn was a jerk to Mike and Maria this week! Roman, Dean, Seth, AJ, Cena (in the past, he's been pretty good of late) are so hard to support because they're egotistical, selfish assholes. When a shield brother is being beaten up, do the others help? Think of how rare it is for a face to come out and try and stop someone being beaten up because it's the right thing to do.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 29, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

I am who I am bitch

Acting like that, clonfroggio will never be a real boy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_kE6R_kvfQ

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Beautiful Ninja posted:

In overall working ability it's probably Taker. In raw athletic talent, Big Show in his younger WCW Giant days did insane stuff for his size.

Yeah Show was insanely agile in his youth. There's this long running story about him pulling moonsaults back in the day. Never seen it myself (or I forgot it as :corsair:) but wouldn't surprise me. Guy was really loving solid and quicker than you would expect. I do remember they told him a couple of times to slow it down. Scott Hall was only like 6'6" but man that guy was so drat good in his prime. If you can find early Andre stuff he moves fairly decently. Andre towards the end still makes me sad. Taker was just such a total package. Decent in the ring and that character. I still turn into a 5 year old every time I hear that *GONG* .

I still think Braun is coming along nicely. WWE has done a good job making this guy a monster and I look forward to seeing him every drat time. Dude's large, white, scary looking and seems to improve in the ring daily. Still not sure why Vince hasn't switched his love from Roman to Braun as he seems like such a Vince kinda guy. I'd pay serious money to see him just destroy and humiliate Roman then move on to fight the other hosses. A long Cesaro versus Braun programme? Let me just throw money at you WWE. Monster Braun versus Joe? Monster Braun who has destroyed all before him versus Final Boss the Beast Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania? Pay Lesnar enough to actually give a poo poo? gently caress yeah.

Still hope that they bring out Braun to squash the entire cruiserweight division one day. Also every time I see Enzo and Cass do their thing I hope Braun comes out and just destroys them both. Maybe beating Enzo repeatedly with a mic while shouting "how YOU doing?!?" Yeah.... I'm a Braun mark.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

Talking Smack was A++ this week.

What they say?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I hope that Reigns knocks Braun out cold then spends 15 minutes desperately trying to lift him then resigning and having Vince send out someone like Cesaro to do it.
Also the entire time the commentary team is screaming 'WITNESS THE IMMEASURABLE STRENGTH OF THE BIG DOG'

unfortunately braun is 100% getting speared into the back of that ambulance

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He's 100% right. Even if summer or fall tend to be more heel dominated, the last few years and especially this year have been destroying any over act in order to get heat that doesn't end up really translating that well and seemingly alienating the crowd for no reason and really replacing them with nothing other than an NXT callup that they eventually fail to get over or destroy for heat if they do.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Wazzu posted:

Still stupid in NXT they didn't just end the plotline of Enzo wanting to gently caress Carmella by having him discover Cass with Carmella and backing off because he won't hit on his friend's girl. Instead....the plotline just stopped and then Carmella was just hanging out with them always.

They killed that angle because Carmella (still a face at the time) was getting negative reactions from the garbage Full Sail audience. What was supposed to be a funny bit about Enzo's unwanted advances getting rebuffed over and over ended up being interpreted as "That stuck up bitch is friendzoning poor Enzo! Boo her!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/RavenCyarm/status/880270622793715714

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Utterly random question

Akira Taue has the most five star matches, so let's say him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/880492519599087616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Im going to kick your rear end

• Locked thread