Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

BabyFur Denny posted:

The Homoehe vote is scheduled for Friday and it will be a public vote. Can't wait to find out which CSU Abgeordnete will end up on my shitlist forever.

Here's a hard ambush spoiler: ALL OF THEM.

Perestroika posted:

I expect another principled stand from Horst "voted against criminalisation of marital rape" Seehofer on the importance of defending the integrity and sanctity of marriage.

Seehofer ist halt ein echter Familienmann. So sehr, dass er davon 2 nebeneinander hat.

Decius fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Decius posted:

Seehofer ist halt ein echter Familienmann. So sehr, dass er davon 2 nebeneinander hat.
:v:

Bedshaped posted:

This is my second time in Germany. What are some of the big social political problems facing the country currently? Are there nationwide problems or can anyone tell me specific problems with NRW?
This is such a weird question. Where's this coming from? When I prepare to go to a new country, what I'm doing is figure out what the food is like. "What are your big social political problems?"

GaussianCopula posted:

My favorite outcome would be that it gets stricken down by the BVG sometime next year and all gay marriages get annulled.
Yeah I hate to bandwagon but why would your favorite outcome be one where a lot of people are very unhappy?

Drone posted:

As someone who would be entering into a homosexual marriage by that point
cheers :v: :rainbowflag:

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Cingulate posted:

Yeah I hate to bandwagon but why would your favorite outcome be one where a lot of people are very unhappy?

Because he is a misanthrope.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Cingulate posted:

Because all the blame for the situation would lay with the SPD, who despite knowing that a Grundgesetzänderung might be necessary, rushed the vote for a cheap stunt instead of doing thorough legislative work.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

GaussianCopula posted:

Because all the blame for the situation would lay with the SPD, who despite knowing that a Grundgesetzänderung might be necessary, rushed the vote for a cheap stunt instead of doing thorough legislative work.

Sure, all the blame would lie with the SPD, instead of with the CDU, who are the only ones blocking gay marriage :rolleyes:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

... so you wish for people to be unhappy because it would potentially weaken a political party you don't like?

Doesn't that feel wrong to you? I hope the AfD is utterly crushed in the upcoming election, but I hope this doesn't come about because every AfD voter contracts cholera and dies painfully.

(I guess if I had a magic "press this for every marriage involving a potential AfD voter to be annulled, resulting in extreme depression of the potential voter, them staying at home in bed crying on election day, and the AfD getting 0 votes" button, I'd not push it.)

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Cingulate posted:

This is such a weird question. Where's this coming from? When I prepare to go to a new country, what I'm doing is figure out what the food is like. "What are your big social political problems?"

If he's considering moving to Germany I think it's a good question to ask. Unless you follow the local German news you probably won't know much about the problems here (besides the refugee crisis I guess).

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eezee posted:

If he's considering moving to Germany I think it's a good question to ask. Unless you follow the local German news you probably won't know much about the problems here (besides the refugee crisis I guess).
Yeah but I'd see the problems Germany is facing as Überalterung and the related problem of the not long-term sustainable retirement/welfare system, of the structural conservatism (this one is also a benefit), ... And none of these are actually relevant for you as an individual arriving here and staying for like 3 years. Similarly, if you find someone on the far-right spectrum and ask them, they'll say "it's Genderwahnsinn and schleichende Islamisierung", and that'll be just as relevant to your day-to-day life, i.e., not at all.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

The biggest socioeconomic problem in my region at least is adults, grown loving human beings using "anderst" instead of "anders". And then calling me variations of grammar nazi for correcting them.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Schurik posted:

The biggest socioeconomic problem in my region at least is adults, grown loving human beings using "anderst" instead of "anders". And then calling me variations of grammar nazi for correcting them.

http://www.woerterbuchnetz.de/DWB?lemma=anderst

quote:

ANDERST für anders, gleichsam ein superlativ von ander, erscheint im 15. 16. 17 jh. häufig und wurde sogar von Luther geschrieben, der es doch in der ausgabe letzter hand wieder mit anders vertauscht:
anderst ich fall euch in das har. fastn. sp. 488, 29

You wanna argue with the Grimm Brothers and Luther?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The biggest socio-economic problem in Germany is Schwaben in my Kiez

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The biggest problem facing Germany is that ß is now a Großbuchstabe

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Drone posted:

:psyduck:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Drone posted:

German language jumped the shark. this makes no sense

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Eliminate the ß altogether imo

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Wengy posted:

Eliminate the ß altogether imo

Eliminate all characters not represented in the first ASCII set of 1963. Ä, ö and ü shall henceforth be represented as aa, yy and uwu, respectively.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Drone posted:

loving finally. It's always awkward to rant in all caps on the internet if one word contsins an sz.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Schurik posted:

You would hate living in my area, then

Due to our proximity to Swabia we say “andersch“ :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I Love Loosies posted:

Because he is a misanthrope.

The correct term is "Mistkerl'.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

oliwan posted:

The biggest socio-economic problem in Germany is Schweizer in my Kiez

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Do we have any evidence Merkel isn't a goon and posts here, too? Her withdrawal from the gay marriage thing and our discussion here about that happening shortly before are scary coincidences.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Nobnob posted:

Do we have any evidence Merkel isn't a goon and posts here, too? Her withdrawal from the gay marriage thing and our discussion here about that happening shortly before are scary coincidences.

You mean discussing a topic that was brought up by the three potential coalition partners for Merkel?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

GaussianCopula posted:

You mean discussing a topic that was brought up by the three potential coalition partners for Merkel?

What's more likely, her posting on an internet forum or her listening to her coalition partners? :colbert:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Nobnob posted:

Hi, I'm System Metternich Merkel! You might know me for the thing I do with my hands, being afraid of dogs and lulling all of Germany into the false security of sleep until my MfS overlords activate the lost Soviet alien tech! *reveals “IM Erika“ nametag*

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
petition to change name to "system muttinich"

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

botany posted:

petition to change name to "system muttinich"

Seconded

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Nobnob posted:

*rautet Hände unauffällig*

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Maybe someone here can answer this:

Sereri posted:

Does anyone know whether it's still possible to apply non-german Left4dead2 to German steam accounts?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
It worked under the old gifting system back in the day. Get somebody from the Accursed Anglolands to gift it to you under the new system and it should automatically refund the gifter if the gift cannot be sent to the target in Germany.

Given Valve's track record when it comes to compliance, I'd be cautiously optimistic that it might still work because they're probably not bothering too much with preventing the workarounds on an old game (Even though Left4Dead2 is one of the "hard" cut games where distribution of the uncut version constitutes a criminal offense due to content).

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if its ever going to stop raining :tif: Also, whether Schröder is going to show up

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

I wonder if its ever going to stop raining :tif: Also, whether Schröder is going to show up

this is the craziest non stop rain i have ever experienced, wtf is this

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

He spoke at the SPD congress.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://video-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v...f11&oe=5955A3EA

Summer in Berlin!

At least there's deliveroo guy is still doing his job

oliwan fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 29, 2017

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/603384079044759552

gently caress you fixed it, should have quoted

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/603384079044759552

gently caress you fixed it, should have quoted

phone posting is difficult

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Sometimes, my posting mantras of Always Be Owning and Never Be Quoting collide :negative:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Nobnob posted:

Shitpoliticking instead of shitposting.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Schon verdächtig dass man Merkel nie in der Öffentlichkeit sieht wenn dad gay so waht posted

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

oliwan posted:

this is the craziest non stop rain i have ever experienced, wtf is this

that is some :shobon: poo poo right here

:hamburg-crying-smiley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Randler posted:

It worked under the old gifting system back in the day. Get somebody from the Accursed Anglolands to gift it to you under the new system and it should automatically refund the gifter if the gift cannot be sent to the target in Germany.

Given Valve's track record when it comes to compliance, I'd be cautiously optimistic that it might still work because they're probably not bothering too much with preventing the workarounds on an old game (Even though Left4Dead2 is one of the "hard" cut games where distribution of the uncut version constitutes a criminal offense due to content).

How does it work if you're just redeeming a key that you acquire from a third party?

Edit: guess I could just get Wolfenstein shipped from the UK on a physical disk but what the hell is this, 2003?

Drone fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 30, 2017