Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I've never bought one before but I thought the Planeswalker decks came out prerelease weekend. PO says 14th for the pair I had ordered for me.

Was my store selling ahead of street date or something stupid?
Pardoning major outliers like Necropotence and Jace the Mind Sculptor, is there much of a precedent for that actually happening? I feel like most stuff is kept down by general power level and not by specific cards suppressing them, and power level tends to remain consistent.

They shouldn't be selling ahead of sell date anyway, I think. As an aside, Necropotence was infamously referred to as the worst card in Ice Age by the magazine(remember those) Inquest, so it wasn't exactly rolling in prerelease hype(that was Balduvian Horde)

Quidthulhu posted:

Bugging for Deck Help again. I pulled a Nissa, Steward of Elements from an Amonkhet pack, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with her. Aiming for Standard. This is what I have so far:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/free-handouts-1/

In testing it has ALMOST worked once. I think I'm maybe a little bit too split focus with trying to run both As Foretold & Nissa, since they do similar things but in slightly different ways. My idea here is that I get some stuff to be able to get free cards from my hand & the top of my deck, using combos with Scrying, counter doubling, ramping from the mana dumping, and hand drawing cards. I think I'm close but I think it's a bit too unfocused. Any help would be appreciated, including telling me "this deck is garbage sorry" :v:

As foretold doesn't really belong in this deck, it's best if you get to start throwing out free spells early. In general though, this deck is just kind of underpowered for standard, most of these cards simply aren't good enough. I do want to say that I'm impressed with how focused this deck is, my first decks were all over the place for years and years.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'll pull the As Foretold's out and sub them into my UW control deck I'm still tweaking too.

Thanks for the feedback! Any suggestions of a card or two that might...make it closer to working? :v:

e: I guess without anchoring around As Foretold, I could drop U entirely for something else?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Pontius Pilate posted:

besides maze's end turbo fog

The undisputed best standard deck ever.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

but was it better than 39 Forest, 1 Lost in the Woods in DKA-ISD-ISD draft?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

A big flaming stink posted:

It's supposed to be 43 forest so you don't lose to a mulligan.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

A big flaming stink posted:

39 swamp and pack rat

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

One of only two decks I've run that ever caused someone to yell "gently caress you, I hope you get hit by a bus!" And rage quit.

The other was 4 color hold the gates in isd rtr standard with lingering souls, crackling perimeter, and hold the gates, where I was blocking a worldspine wurm with 1/17 spirits, swinging with 8 1/17 spirits every turn, and zapping her with 8 damage at the end of her turn from the perimeter.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
This spell breaks MTGO (also a cheap combo with Twincast/Increasing Vengeance/Reverberate)

myDad fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 30, 2017

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

All this talk of amazing decks in standard and no one mentions -
Sanity Grinding, easily my favorite mill deck of all time
Mistveil plains control, where your primary win condition was your opponent scooping.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Errant Gin Monks posted:

loving STOP IT

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ivan-flochs-m15-winning-control-deck/

edit: My very first FNM deck was U/W Exalted. It was so loving bad I just jammed like 4x Knights of Glory, 4x Aven Squire, 4x Invisible Stalker and I went 2-2 and felt like I was on top of the world.

80s James Hetfield fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 30, 2017

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

That has only two guildgates, and no Maze's End???

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

That has only two guildgates, and no Maze's End???

I'm not going to allow you to trigger me.

But for real are there any actual tournament videos of people playing Maze's End in Standard.

I only ever found one video of Gabriel Nassif playing it but aside from that I never was able to find GP footage

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

myDad posted:

This spell breaks MTGO (also a cheap combo with Twincast/Increasing Vengeance/Reverberate)

gently caress twincast, play it with Lightning Bolt.

T1 swamp, bonds of agony for 17, exile simian spirit guide, bolt.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Do you only pay the life and not mana on MTGO?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Full spoiler today?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

keratinous scutes posted:

gently caress twincast, play it with Lightning Bolt.

T1 swamp, bonds of agony for 17, exile simian spirit guide, bolt.

There's an x in the mana cost

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Alaan posted:

Do you only pay the life and not mana on MTGO?

Oh is this it lmao

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Full spoiler today?

Yep, there should be 30 or 35 cards left to reveal.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Tainen posted:

Yep, there should be 30 or 35 cards left to reveal.

Actually there are 69 cards left according to mtgsalvation.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

goth smoking cloves posted:

nice

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Nice

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Nice!

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
the sex move

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Can't wait to see which white draft uncommon creates a new infinite combo this time.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/880797610466045952

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Vintage Cube is the best thing ever.

Not when I play, I managed to draft 3 terrible decks yesterday, but witnessing Gaby (with LSV backup) Resto Angel a Phyrexian Revoker to stop a Black Lotus (and force the storm player to lose due to lack of mana to cast Tendrils) was pretty amazing.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/880798198683643904

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Circular Logic was pretty sweet back in the day so I am down with this.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Is there any SCG Invitational streams today or doesn't the event start until tomorrow and today is just all side crap

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Wouldn't the spider work well with Ammit? Every spell your opponent casts would trigger it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

80s James Hetfield posted:

Is there any SCG Invitational streams today or doesn't the event start until tomorrow and today is just all side crap

It starts at 11:30 today

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

well we have wild mongrel but not being able to circular for U makes it way, way worse

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

C-Euro posted:

Logic was mostly good because you could cast it for U, but this isn't that bad.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

full spoiler is up

E:

did this card get lost on the way from future sight or something

Elyv fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 30, 2017

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
http://media.wizards.com/2017/hou/en_4dXI6XNB94.png

Oh boy look at this loving hot garbo at rare.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Elyv posted:

well we have wild mongrel but not being able to circular for U makes it way, way worse

Hey this post reminds me to post my revised brew of the day. Posted this list before, but now that I've had some time to test and refine, and we're post-Ulamog, its hilariously brutal:

4 Flameblade Adept
4 Insolent Neonate
4 Noose Constrictor
4 Bloodrage Brawler
2 Rhonas, the Indomitable
3 Hazoret, the Fervent
4 Honored Hydra

4 Fiery Temper
4 Lightning Axe
3 Tormenting Voice

4 Cinder Glade
4 Game Trail
4 Forest
12 Mountain

Side
2 Incendiary Flow
1 Natural State
1 Appetite for the Unnatural
3 Magma Spray
2 Prowling Serpopard
2 Heaven//Earth
1 Insult//Injury
1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
2 Manglehorn

The early curves this list is capable of are just disgusting, every step of the curve demands an answer. Adept into Brawler/Constrictor into anything into Hazoret, especially on the play is just so much damage. The menace on the one drops goes a long way in a lot of games, often stealing the last few points of damage that you need, and the hydras grease the wheels perfectly and give late game threats after they've spent their fatal pushes on snakes and minotaurs. BW decks are the only really problematic match ups because they'll often have dec in stone and grasp of darkness and cast out, but the majority of popular decks just straight can't beat a Hazoret on curve. The hardest part is knowing which cards to discard when but once you have a few reps it becomes easier.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This set might be even worse EV than AMK....

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
http://media.wizards.com/2017/hou/en_FWE4CyR9gn.png

Hey a cantrip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elyv posted:

full spoiler is up

E:

did this card get lost on the way from future sight or something

This card totally would have fit in Future Sight, yeah. Pretty neat combat trick though, even if it doesn't end up that great.